Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2253
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mik8yu View Post
    Which e13 would u prefer? I aim for the 8 series coz I wanted to run tubeless instead of having rim tapes and that it's tog has heck. Friends keep complaining their 521 keeps leaking air after each ride.
    I only have experience with the TRS+ rim, but they all need rim tape, so that more or less rules them out for you, although at 23mm internal they'll fit Pro Cores when it comes out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Thank you guys. Getting the ztr flow. Now trying to make up my damn mind re: nipple color... Alternating black and gold or 4 gold then black then gold etc. ideally this is gonna last me a Long while. But u know this never happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Brass nipples and nothing else

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm confused: Is the 2015 Monarch RC3 Plus Debon Air the "High Volume" replacement for the 2014 Monarch? So is this basically the shock I'd need for the Rune V2?

Quote Originally Posted by johndeere View Post
    I have enquired Banshee about this, here's what they wrote:

"We've yet to test the Debonair on the Rune. But i'm sure it'll be a grate shock. If you order one you'll need to get a high volume, medium compression medium rebound shock.
    ... mounting hardware (40x8mm shaft end, 25.4x8mm reservoir end)."

Is the Monarch+ Debonair a bit lighter than the CTD Fox?

Mr. Knowitall
    Debonair is a bit more linear, and should be perfect for the Rune.

mtbr member
    What is the bottom bracket drop for the Rune with the 650 b dropouts? Sorry, can't find that info anywhere.

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by ryando View Post
    What is the bottom bracket drop for the Rune with the 650 b dropouts? Sorry, can't find that info anywhere.
    13.8" in the low setting. I don't know anyone who uses anything but the low setting. It's a party, man.
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

mtbr member
    Do you know what the drop is in relation to the axle height?

Creepy tooth fairy
    No, my math skills aren't that great. I will say that prior to getting my Rune I had some concerns with the fact that the BB height was higher than some of it's competitor's more recent offerings. In particular, the SC Nomad's BB height is 13.4 and the Orbea Rallon is 13.3. I asked Banshee about this and their response was that for the amount of travel the bike has and the bigger wheels a BB any lower would result in too many pedal strikes, at least in the kind of terrain the bike was designed for (BC gnar). After getting the bike, I agree. I rode a Rallon for an afternoon and was smacking the pedals left and right. I still have some strikes with the Rune, but I honestly don't think a 1/4" in geometry is worth poo pooing about. The bottom line is that the bike rips like nobody's business.
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLBELLY View Post
    13.8" in the low setting. I don't know anyone who uses anything but the low setting. It's a party, man.
    For giggles after almost 2 years on the bike, because I like the bike handling better in neutral with 545mm axle to crown forks (xfusion vengeance @150mm), but it feels a bit tall, I'm considering getting a 1 degree headset, installed to steepen, then use in the low setting with some new 160mm forks with more trail (pike/new36).

mtbr member
    Giving the rune a good look, lots of info in this thread!

Could someone who's ridden a good season or 2 speak to durability (aging creak or lack of?). has anyone replace bearings? How did that go?

Also, looks like chainguide compatibility is spotty. Anyone have good luck with a silentguide, or figure out a trick to get one mounted cleanly?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

The e thirteen taco shaped guide fit just fine. Wrapping the chainstay also helps silencing a lot chain chatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Sweet build!

mtbr member
    I use a Hope guide with no issue's. Its small, doesn't drag and is just enough to keep the chain from dropping.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've been using the mrp amg guide with a race face n/w, without a clutch rear derailer. I haven't dropped a chain once.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    BB drop should be 0 with a 545mm A to C fork in the low setting.
    Geo on the Banshee site is listed for 545mm A to C with 650B wheels also = 150mm fork travel.
    Or the new Fox 36 at 549mm for 160mm travel.
    Either way, you'll have no BB drop with 650B wheels

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Future Rune owner here, just purchased a XL Frame ONLY in Orange to replace my 27.5 Covert. I'll be switching the parts over, which I believe is everything except the seatpost. My dilemma is whether or not to sell my Covert frame with the Float X or keep it for the Rune. The CCDB seems to be the most popular Rune shock from what I can tell.

What do you guys think? Sell the Float X with the frame or keep it for the Rune? Obviously selling the shock with the frame will fetch more money on the resale to help offset some of the cost for a CCDB.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Why switching to the Rune? What did you think of the Covert? I'm trying to decide between the two. Amongst others...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    Why switching to the Rune? What did you think of the Covert? I'm trying to decide between the two. Amongst others...
    A few reasons, all of which you should take with a grain of salt. First, I'd like to try something else, which is my usual hallmark. Don't get me wrong, the Covert absolutely rips and feels playful and bottomless...no doubt it's the best single pivot on the market. It climbs a little slower than I'd like and that's where the Rune comes into play with the KS link. Lastly, I kind of feel jaded (for lack of a better word) that Transition gave up on the bike and moved on...kind of made me feel the same way I guess. Again, these are all justifications for me to buy something shiny and new and are in no way good excuses to switch. Let me know if you want the "Unicorn Covert" (Only year of 27.5 and XL - besides 29er) and I'll give you a good deal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I've tried searching for a few minutes with no luck regarding 2x chain guides. What are you guys having the best luck with?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i dont know about the covert but you will love the rune specially how versatil the rune is

mtbr member
    I've recently swapped my raw for an older ano frame and was thinking of removing the white paint.
    Does anyone know what kind of white paint is used on the black ano frames?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Wash away all the marks and writings. They are white, made of decal (decalcomania), easy out.
    Use remover coatings (non-abrasive), although probably enough
    solvent for nitrocellulose paints.

Sorry if my English is strange.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dansMTB View Post
    Could someone who's ridden a good season or 2 speak to durability (aging creak or lack of?). has anyone replace bearings? How did that go?
    My frame is now pushing close to 2 years, no issues with the bearings or anything else. Been 100% reliable.

It's been ridden hard, but pure DH i use my DH bike, ride in dry dusty conditions mostly, so the bearings have not seen much rain.

Great bike, replaced it with a Nomad 27.5... while the weight and climbing (STA) is better on the Nomad, the rune is a more fun / playful bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Im wanting to replace the 27.5" fox 34 on my rune.

Pike vs. 2015 Fox 36?

Im running the fox float X rear shock right now too.

Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast