Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2271
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Trek Bike Attack 2014, Lenzerheide, Qualifying. Looks like the Rune is the perfect match for alpine Enduro: Claudio Loureiro qualifies first.

Source (german): Trek Bike Attack 2014: Tobis Renntagebuch Tag 2 ? Qualifying | Enduro Mountainbike Magazine

mtbr member
    Who needs carbon... (when you have legs of steel)?

mtbr member
    Btw: i am having issues with my chain on my rune v2... chain often drops off to the right and once to the left of the crank arms....

Setup goes like this:
    - 32t "narrow-wide" single ring by Hope, directly mounted to the crank arms without spacers
    - 10spd Shimano Cassette
    - 40t-Rex Cog Expander (replacing the 17t sprocket)
    - 10x chain
    - XTR cranks
    - XT Shadow Plus mech
    - Shimano BB, one spacer on the drivetrain side as stated in the manual

I did shorten the chain to a maximum (having checked it will not overextend when bottoming out on the largest cog). Plus i have the Shadow+ switched ON. The chain is quite new and the letters are visible on the right side.

Any advice?
    What about the rune's chain line?

Thanks for advice

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Probably not related to your chain-line. Unfortunately if you ride rock gardens or rough trails at high speed the Narrow wide chain-ring plus clutch wont be enough to keep the chain in place. I usually don't have a problem until after a few weeks of wear on the NW chain-ring. I recommend you get a top only chain-guide (properly lined up it is still completely silent and drag free). Definitely worth having one to stop that occasional chain drop while hauling a$$ and trying to drop your mates Since I installed the E13 I have had zero problems with my wolftooth sram type 2 setup.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i have a sram xo1 1x11 and never have a problem only adjusting shifting every a few days of ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Riding narrow-wide and Shimano Zee derallieur. I barely had any problems. Until my first enduro race, where I lost the chain in a gnarly descent right before a tough pedaling section. Anyone ever tried this one with the Rune V2 mounting options? XCX Etype Shimano "E-Type" & SRAM "S3" frame mount standards - Black

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Riding narrow-wide and Shimano Zee derallieur. I barely had any problems. Until my first enduro race, where I lost the chain in a gnarly descent right before a tough pedaling section. Anyone ever tried this one with the Rune V2 mounting options? XCX Etype Shimano "E-Type" & SRAM "S3" frame mount standards - Black
    Im using this guide and had no problems till now. I would say, it does its work...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I too am running the XCX with the e-type/S3 mount on my Spitfire...love it.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    I've dropped my chain a few times but always odd spot's. I was considering going back to using a guide and was looking at the Hope guide but that S3 mount looks titty's!
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have raceface 30t nw and 10 speed cassette with triple extender up to 42t.Dropped chain two times when it was covered in mud and derailleur was at one of the inner cogs.
    Decided to use mrp amg, but still waiting for it to arrive. XCX is good, but only for 32t+ and I prefer to have bashguard. I don't think that my chain will last long when it frequently hit rocks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    30t raceface nw with 10speed 1x, with 40t Oneup and x9 type 2. Not a dropped chain yet, but haven't gummed it up with mud yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    What settings have people been using on the DB CS Air. I've been slowly dialing down the lsc to get more of a downhill plush feel. Not sure if that's the total way to go tho.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulWatt View Post
    What settings have people been using on the DB CS Air.
    If I go mainly downhill I ride it with a bit more SAG and adjust (raise) the HSC to suit. The HSR is a bit more open.
    Also I ride with a more LSR and less LSC as I find that this helps over highspeed breaking bumps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    This might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone has the color code for the decals of a Banshee stealth frame? I know it's blackish, but I want to order custom decals and have them match the colors of the 2014 ones as close as possible.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Trek Bike Attack 2014, Lenzerheide, Qualifying. Looks like the Rune is the perfect match for alpine Enduro: Claudio Loureiro qualifies first.

Source (german): Trek Bike Attack 2014: Tobis Renntagebuch Tag 2 ? Qualifying | Enduro Mountainbike Magazine
    Hey, I know this guy!!!

Actually Claudio is one of the co owners of my LBS (Doctorbike, where I got my Rune from).

Presently he is winning almost all Enduro races he enters. He is also a multiple DH national champion.
    So he's one that, for sure, knows how to make the Rune rip!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Regarding the dropped chain issue, just my 2 cents...

I'm running a 32t nw Hope Retainer Ring, 42t OneUp sprocket and X-9 type 2 medium cage rear derailleur. This set up is at the limit of the rear derailleur, but even riding aggressively on rocky terrain, the chain has never derailed.

Mr. Knowitall

Sv: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

This might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone has the color code for the decals of a Banshee stealth frame? I know it's blackish, but I want to order custom decals and have them match the colors of the 2014 ones as close as possible.
    There are no decals on the anodized frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune-black-website-1-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulWatt View Post
    30t raceface nw with 10speed 1x, with 40t Oneup and x9 type 2. Not a dropped chain yet, but haven't gummed it up with mud yet.
    Ok boys n girls - the solution to my problem with the dropped chain was...

I didn't run an narrow-wide chainring, i just thought i did!!

Now equipped the flagship with a 32t nw-race Face chainring and ready to roll...

Embarassing!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    There are no decals on the anodized frame.
    do your decal peel off ? i also have a stealth black Rune

Mr. Knowitall
    As far as Keith has told, there are no decals on the stealth ones, as they cover the aluminum with decals before they are shot peaned, then they are peeled off before anodizing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i tough the decals on stealth frame was baked on frame dont know it is the same thing

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Dang. For real? Damn I have to get me one of those, screw the custom decals

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The 2015 stealth frames have no decals, but earlier frames do have black bake on decals.
    Last edited by builttoride; 08-14-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    so mine is what my Rune have steath rute for drop seat post is that a 2014? cause my Rune actually the back logo of banshee on seat tube is almost completely gone and appear to be stickers and i recently notice some other logos have the same thing i really dont care to much i think they are scars from battles loool

Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast