Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2198
    pit
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLBELLY View Post
    I almost went with Orange, but went all black, jack. Looks sweet, but you'll put it in the low setting almost immediately.
    That's what i'll probably do once i'll ride it in the Alps
    @ tugamik : Pike seem to be a little bit flexy for my weight, first i should try one to see.....The new Fox 36 or the Bos deville in 27.5" might be a good choice for this frame

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    sad thing you can nearly buy 2 Pikes for one Fox 36.

Id really like to have one but i guess ill go with the Mattoc or Pike.

pit
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas.blub View Post
    sad thing you can nearly buy 2 Pikes for one Fox 36.

Id really like to have one but i guess ill go with the Mattoc or Pike.
    I know it..... Mattoc seems to be a good fork too indeed.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pit View Post
    I know it..... Mattoc seems to be a good fork too indeed.....
    Ill be waiting till christmas to have some long term reviews of both. Will be interesting to see if ppl are still as hyped as they are right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Fox CTD

Quote Originally Posted by BobRocket View Post
    Donkey Balls nails it (trail/descend). In climb it is pretty good.

Attachment 891127
    Hi BobRocket,
    I was just reading your post re your ctd shock.
    I felt exactly the same way on my new spitfire, the Trail mode was pathetic, descend no support and climb mode was ok.
    I added a small volume spacer and it transformed shock. I ran about the same sag (was actually about 10psi less) the shock then accelerated and skipped over the rough whilst still having good small bump compliance.
    The climb mode was still good even for bombing down, but the trail setting completely useless/pointless.

I still have my old isx6 from my v1 rune. I have not been able to get that to perform quite as good as the fox ctd to be honest. I have to run too much sag to get it to feel right(to improve small bump compliance), and the downside of this is it doesnt climb as well.

There is another problem with the ctd i have found it does not handle a prolonged rugged descent. The damping goes out the window, the rebound ends up like a pogo stick till it cools down again.

I would love to try a CCDB or the Xfusion HLR Air tuned for the spitfire

Thats my 2cents i guess what im saying is get the volume reducers and give it a go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Do anybody using 27.5" Maxxis Ardent 2.25 tire with 26" Rune dropouts? Is it fit or not?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi.
    just my 2 cents...

@pit: I'm a pretty heavy guy (90kg+gear) and ride aggressively (sometimes). Don't feel that the Pike is flexy. Previously had a Lyrik and stifness is pretty close. That said, never tried an Fox 36 nor a Bos to really be able to compare.

@tokrot: ever considered a Monarch plus? That is what I have on my Rune. Only can say good things about it. Good small bump compliance, good support, consistent damping on large descents. And you can find a Monarch for half the price of a CCDB.
    I'm running 185psi on a Mid-comp Mid-rebound tune. But I've read some threads that suggested that lighter riders would benefit from a Light-comp tune.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alexey_shmat View Post
    Do anybody using 27.5" Maxxis Ardent 2.25 tire with 26" Rune dropouts? Is it fit or not?

Depends what position you have the dropouts. I can just squeeze a maxis ardent race 2.2 into the neutral position.

If i go slack I can fit a 2.3 HRII or 2.3 Minion.

So to have enough clearance you will probably have to be in the slackest setting.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, is it possible to remove the decals from the green Rune V2 or are they under the clear coat?

pit
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    Hi.
    just my 2 cents...

@pit: I'm a pretty heavy guy (90kg+gear) and ride aggressively (sometimes). Don't feel that the Pike is flexy. Previously had a Lyrik and stifness is pretty close. That said, never tried an Fox 36 nor a Bos to really be able to compare.

Cheers.
    Ok, Thanks for the info
    I'll try one to see...for sure itīs cheaper than Fox or Bos.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    why do you want to remove the decals? maybe you can use a sand paper or get the frame to a local auto paint shop and paint the bike like you want

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    That's what i'll probably do once i'll ride it in the Alps
    @ tugamik : Pike seem to be a little bit flexy for my weight, first i should try one to see.....The new Fox 36 or the Bos deville in 27.5" might be a good choice for this frame
    not to throw another into the mix, but i just picked up a Marzocchi 350 CR...it is monstrously stiff compared to the XFusion Sweep that it is replacing. pretty stunning fork and i'm looking forward to some real ride time.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-image.jpg for what is this that came with my dropouts

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

They are spacers for the is brake mounts, some of the dropouts (142 only I think) had the brake mounts done incorrectly and for some brakes u need the spacers installed to properly center the calipers, I believe they fixed this on newr dropouts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    ok cause i have 142 but i dont used with my formula r0 brakes

pit
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    not to throw another into the mix, but i just picked up a Marzocchi 350 CR...it is monstrously stiff compared to the XFusion Sweep that it is replacing. pretty stunning fork and i'm looking forward to some real ride time.
    Let me know what you really think about that fork please.
    I liked my Z150 a lot in the past.....the return of Marzocchi in the enduro arena in 27'5 ? Moreover the price is interesting...I don't know what will be the difference with the NCR

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Let me know what you really think about that fork please.
    I liked my Z150 a lot in the past.....the return of Marzocchi in the enduro arena in 27'5 ? Moreover the price is interesting...I don't know what will be the difference with the NCR
    Second that, some thoughts about the fork would be much appreciated.
    And maybe some pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by livanh View Post

Second that, some thoughts about the fork would be much appreciated.
    And maybe some pics
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-banshee.jpg

Here's a pic of the bike with the new fork, no close ups of the fork on my phone but I can snag some later.

Yesterday was my first ride on the fork and it has a bit of stickiness in the first bit of the travel, but I am assuming it will improve over time. Smoothness was already much better than my 4 month old XFusion Sweep.

I don't have the air pressure quite right yet but it is close, and the fork rides very high in its travel. I'm running LSC in the middle of the spectrum, rebound nearly in the middle as well with a slight bias toward faster, and the fork absolutely blew me away when the going got rough. The massive arch gives the fork unreal torsional rigidity, and there was no sense of deflection even in chunky off camber corners.

Responding to an earlier question, I decided not to wait for the NCR because a) this fork's damping system sounds extremely similar less the ability to tweak HSR via shim stack adjustments and the lock out switch, and b) I scored it for less than $600 on Jenson.

I also just sold my CCDB Air CS in favor of the Avalanche-tuned Fox CTD shown in the picture. Not only is the Avalanche shock feeling far better than the CCDB on this bike, but I also came away with some money when the swap was all said and done. My only concern is that the CTD will heat up on some longer, rougher downhills, but I blasted it pretty hard yesterday down a 5 minute downhill trail without any issue.

Part of this could be an overly strong initial reaction, but this may be the best suspension setup that I have had yet on a bike.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    good to hear about you like your setup want to ask how much the avalanche fox cost you and what is that saddle? i guess is q trail master

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
    good to hear about you like your setup want to ask how much the avalanche fox cost you and what is that saddle? i guess is q trail master
    Avy doesn't sell the shocks themselves, you'll have to buy a Float CTD and send the shock in. I managed to find a barely used CTD for $200, plus another $200 for the tune and new internals. The saddle is a Chromag Trailmaster LTD.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

pit
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banshee.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	913764

Responding to an earlier question, I decided not to wait for the NCR because a) this fork's damping system sounds extremely similar less the ability to tweak HSR via shim stack adjustments and the lock out switch, and b) I scored it for less than $600 on Jenson.
    Hehehe, i see.....
    If this fork is as stiff as you said, moreover not very expensive (compared to fox etc...), it might be a good deal.
    Thanks for your comment.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi guys...

Im new here... im a future banshee owner.. actually, because of this thread, i became one of banshee fans...hehehe

I just got 1 question that keep wandering in my mind and i cant get it out or let it pass..
    Question :Why this frame got variation on the bar near seatpost clamp? (I dont know what its called)

P/s: excuse my poor english..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yoebanshee View Post
    Why this frame got variation on the bar near seatpost clamp?
    It changes with the frame size: bigger frame => longer seat tube => longer seat tube brace.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by zoorlen View Post
    It changes with the frame size: bigger frame => longer seat tube => longer seat tube brace.
    now i get it...

thanx a lot zoorlen

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi!

I need your help to figure the math.

My banshee has like 64,5 or 64 HA headtube angle with Deville fork 170mm. Its length from axle to crown is 558mm (Im running 26" wheels").

I need to know the exact measure of HA on medium setting so I figure out what angle cup (from Works components) I'm going to have 66.5 HA in medium setting.

Let's say if my frame is 64.5HA then I would order 2.0 degree angle cups.

thanks in advance

Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast