Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2155
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cicot View Post
    nice!
    I wish I could have ridden it with 26, curious to see the differences
    For me, its pretty noticeable - the grip is better, rolls over stuff easier and keeps crazy momentum..also rides a little higher. I'm sold

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Curious what's your Rune weigh in at?
    Just barely over 31 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    mine finally.

subefotos

Creepy tooth fairy

Black Death...

I finally got this beast built over the weekend. The frame, a medium Rune with 650b dropouts ominously arrived on Friday the 13th after waiting for months. The "Black Death" paint job looks great and I have only taken on a brief lap of my neighborhood trail, but...

...holy crap!!! This thing smokes. I have been terribly sick with a horrific cold (pneumonia, I just told people I had the plague) for the last two weeks. I only got out to ride once (I generally ride 3-5 days a week) in the last two weeks and this was for the Pisgah Enduro. I did this on a borrowed bike and combined with my affliction it nearly killed me. Nonetheless, without even trying I increased my average speed by nearly 2 mph. I was concerned that in the slack setting it would be a handful punching up the climbs, but it was not a problem in the least. It motored along without any problem without requiring me to do any heroic out of the saddle efforts.

On the downhills, well duh...it kills. The Rune is incredibly balanced and stable. I was never thrown off line and it has traction to spare. The biggest thing I took it off of was only a few feet, but it was again incredibly composed. I have a few future additions including either DB Air Inline or DB Air CS (I won one, actually!) and I may jump into some I-9 wheels eventually as they are the wheels du jour here in the South. As built it is just shy of 32 lbs. I am looking to many fun rides ahead and glad to be part of the gang.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-36c40483-bd7a-4885-b56b-9ff052f41096_zpspted0ck5.jpg
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    ^^ two very nice builds!

krj
    mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Wow nice new entries !

Welcome in the crew.

Look forward to hear about your dbinline optional up grade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by krj View Post
    Wow nice new entries !

Welcome in the crew.

Look forward to hear about your dbinline optional up grade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will have it on shortly. I will share a couple of things though. I was able to build this bike very quickly. It went together with no fuss at all and the frame is rock solid. This has not always been the case as my pal and I have been building bikes in his garage for the last 15 years. He had the same experience with his Banshee and it's nice to see great attention to detail from a small company.

I have my old DB Air on the bike now and just set it at the base tune. So far so good. The Inline will be even more dialed and weighs about 1/4-1/3 of a lb less. I will report back after riding in Pisgah this weekend

Creepy tooth fairy

First mountain ride...

...this weekend. I ended up going to ride in Elijay, GA instead of NC. The group included two of my friends, both on Banshee Primes and several other guys. The funniest quote came from my one pal who said: "It's sad how well these bikes climb...". That sums it up quite well. You have no excuses because the Rune and it's Prime brethren climb like no bikes that have the head angle of a DH rig should. My drive train is a 10 speed with a 30t Wolf Tooth front chain ring driving a 10-42t (OneUp). I had no trouble whatsoever and in fact it climbed fast compared to any of my previous rigs. I did not spin out on anything despite the trail being wet and littered with roots, rocks and stream crossings. The pedaling and traction are phenomenal.

Upon heading back down I rode this bike faster than anything I have ridden before. This was unnerving at times as I could take corners and sloppy sections way faster than I am used to. I am coming off of riding Santa Cruz bikes for years (since '99) having owned two Hecklers, a Bullit, a Nomad and a Butcher. While none of them were slouches, none of them pedaled or handled like the Rune. It blasts thru rock gardens like they are nothing and is amazing in flight. I have now four rides on it so far and my average ride speeds are up 1.5-2mph faster on any of the loops/rides that I normally do. I can't wait to get into even more big rides. Really any rides.

Last, but not least it is a head-turner. Tons of people ask me what it is and question me about it as you cannot see the graphics with its Black Death color way. Dark and evil. It is the little devil on my shoulder yelling in my ear: "Go faster; Do it now; Obey me, you schmuck!!!" Two wheels; One dark lord indeed. Perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

my nasty Rune

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-photo.jpgevery time i ride my rune i love it even more soo smooth

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	903094every time i ride my rune i love it even more soo smooth
    That's nearly a dead ringer for mine, but I went with some orange accoutrements and Race Face cranks. Oh, and my two-tone Geax pimp shoe tires. BTW, Geax should have named them "Pimp Shoes" instead of "Gomas". They'd sell a ton on name alone. .

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    There is my updated RuneV.2 actual weight is 13,7 kg
    I have changed Lyrik by Mattoc and present performance with CCDB CS is awesome

mtbr member
    May 2014

my blue rune v2 2013

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20140624_210624107-640x360-.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20140625_080312317-640x360-.jpg

last upgrades

sram x0 carbon cranks
    hope e4 brakes
    schwalbe magic mary wheels front and rear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20140624_210659436-640x360-.jpg  

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Updated photos and build

Large 2014 Banshee Rune V2
    Cane Creek DBAir CS
    Fox 36 Float 160 RC2 with Avalanche Cartridge
    Straightline 35mm stem
    Raceface SixC carbon handlebar cut to 77cm
    Ergon GE1 grips
    Avid XO Trail brakes with Goodrich stainless lines
    Shimano RT86 rotors 8" and 7" f/r
    Easton Havoc UST wheels 142r w/ xd driver
    Raceface SixC 175 cranks
    Chris king headset and bottom bracket
    Deity Skyscraper 2 pedals
    Wolftooth components 32 chainring
    MRP AMG guide
    XX1 cassette and chain
    XO1 derailleur and shifter
    Schwalbe Muddy Mary Super gravity front tire 2.35
    Maxxis High Roller 2.3 3C/Exo/tr rear tire
    Tubeless

Currently in neutral setting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404020895.489540.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404020916.771916.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404020928.239668.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404020939.090443.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404020977.182266.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404020994.100333.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404021005.449615.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404021016.160348.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404021025.434813.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404021044.251564.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1404021064.152858.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Finally, it is done!

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc00737.jpg

...although a crankset update should be coming soon...
    ...and the change to 650b wheel size.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    how many of you have put bottomless token and how many on your pike fork?

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
    how many of you have put bottomless token and how many on your pike fork?
    I have one in mine. It does improve bottom-out resistance. I put mine in before I ever rode the fork so I may sample it without at some point. However, I am enjoying riding the bike so much (six rides so far) that it has not been an issue.

mtbr member
    May 2012

Should I go 27.5 with it??

Congrats on the Rune. Just picked one up myself last month (upgrade from my 2006 Giant AC-1)

Anyways, don't bin your 26er fork just yet. As it happens, my back-up bike (Giant) has an '09 Fox Talas 150mm with skinny 32mm stanchions. But ya know what?

It takes my 27.5 front wheel, no problem.
    Plenty of clearance (but make no promises if you like your tires fatter than 2.35... guess it depends).

It should hold you over until the $ comes in for a Pike 27.5 (My choice) or other "real" fork.

Check it out.

---Looking to put the CC DBair CS shock on it.

As well you should! F what Fox is selling for the thing.

--- Should I go 27.5 with it?? is it worth the cost to change? or save the money and stick with 26"

Totally depends on your budget. I'd not sell my soul to keep on my 27.5 wheels but I sure do like 'em. It was a priority for me but I had that luxury (rode a 27.5 Carbine for 3-4 months and I LIKED it).

--- But I could also get a lighter fork as well.. Xfusion sweep or a Pike.. ----but are those too light??

TOO LIGHT? The hell you say!

---a lot of my riding with this bike will be local trails, one imparticular -----(beacon hill) where I ride up a 1.5 mile climb and then descend on --------what is basically a few small DH courses,

Man, cool beans. That's serious fun stuff there. If ya got a pair

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    You guys make me think about my next upgrades.

I was set on getting a new wheel set (26er). Keeping my RC2DH Lyrik and upgrading to X01.

Now I'm thinking about changing to 650B aswell. New Fork would be a Mattoc or Pike. I'm torn. Can't decide. What do you guys think? No Money for X01 + Fork + Wheelset :P

Creepy tooth fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas.blub View Post
    You guys make me think about my next upgrades.

I was set on getting a new wheel set (26er). Keeping my RC2DH Lyrik and upgrading to X01.

Now I'm thinking about changing to 650B aswell. New Fork would be a Mattoc or Pike. I'm torn. Can't decide. What do you guys think? No Money for X01 + Fork + Wheelset :P

27.5 works awesome on the Rune. You can find plenty of deals on wheelsets to get you rolling (pun-intended). I scored a set of WTB i23/SRAM Santa Cruz built that were a take-off from a Bronson for $220 on eBay.

The Pike is tough to beat. Simple and bombproof; it works great right out of the box. Again, look for deals.

Finally, XO1 is swell and all, but for around $200 you can convert an existing 10 speed with hop-ups from Wolf Tooth, OneUp, etc. or wait until August for the 1X stuff that you can get into for $600. I have the former and it works great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    one thing for sure i am not going back to 2x10 i like too much my X01

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hard choice.

I would like to have a wheelset build to my preferences. It would cost me ~600.

Hmm lets talk about weight savings. I guess going for X01 saves more than converting a Lyrik to a Pike/Mattoc. (I'm running 2x10 X9 atm)

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    naaa actually i dont care to much about weight saving in the rune is just if i and riding a hard trail fast is more easy for me if i am on a XO1 but this is personal preference lol i have previously a 2x10 X0 on my rune and now put the X01 and i dont know for feel more nice so i put the 2x10 and XC rig and i dont even know why i have better climbing strava time on my banshee with X01 than my XC 21 pound bike with 2x10 setup is just crazy loool

Mr. Knowitall
    I woukd go for the Pike, as the performance is awesome and regular lubrication service is easy. We also do not know how the Mattoc work in the long run

mtbr member
    Id keep the Lyrik and get a X01/selfmade 11spd and keep the 26" wheels.

The 1x11 really is nice and simple. If your Lyrik is in good condition, keep it.
    Also maybe Rock Shox will come out with a Drop In Charger Upgrade for the Lyrik, like they did for the Boxxer?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Out for a spin today, first ride, kind of a "shake down" really.

The suspension performance is awesome.
    Really is superior to the FSR of my previous '10 Enduro.
    I'm able to run much lower pressure on the same shock (Monarch+): better small bump sensibility and still able to resist bottom out.
    The Pike is very good, but still is not superior to the Lyrik RC2DH that I had on the Enduro.

I'm using a 1x10 set up, with 42 Oneup cog (with accessory 16t sprocket) and a Hope Wide Narrow 32 chainring. Really enjoying the set up. The 16t is not as smoth as the standard SRAM sprockets, but manageable... but the range is wide enough for the riding I do, including some technical and hard climbs. Maybe a faster top gear would be nice...

Bottom line: awesome frame, good fork, good transmission.

For those trying to decide between upgrading fork or transmission:
    If you already have a good fork (like the Lyrik), I definitely would go for transmission upgrade. I find it is much more noticeable the transmission upgrade thant the fork upgrade.

That said, I'm still on 26 wheels (although the Pike is a 27,5) but as soon as my budget allows it, I'll make the change to 27,5.
    After all, that was the main reason for me to change from the Enduro to the Rune.

Cheers

Page 82 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast