Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
    G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If the price is good, go for it. There are some stems with very small stack height, like the Funn MZX (10mm or so stack height)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Size large. So to be safe what size steerer length would you recommend as a minimum when I look at used forks?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    Adriano - can you estimate the length of the hose to the rear brake? I assume you have an L frame - right?

I just ebayed a set of Hope V2s for my rune and I am kind of worried that the rear hose will be too short.
    Hi uzurpator

Right, itīs large size.

The stimated ength of the hose to the rear itīs 170mm aprox.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Well... after try with Air.. itīs time for the Coil...
    Thats badass, definitely a freeride machine now.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    185mm -190mm would be good to still have some adjustment...
    @ adriano: what do you think about the vivid coil? what tune is it (medium i guess?)
    does it feel more planted on rough, fast sections?

I was riding a fox rc4 in my last rune, and absolutly loved it... and if you can leave the shockpump at home on long alpine tours, you get back some of the weight added with the coil shock
    Last edited by MalcolmX; 11-15-2012 at 12:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    185mm -190mm would be good to still have some adjustment...
    @ adriano: what do you think about the vivid coil? what tune is it (medium i guess?)
    does it feel more planted on rough, fast sections?

I was riding a fox rc4 in my last rune, and absolutly loved it... and if you can leave the shockpump at home on long alpine tours, you get back some of the weight added with the coil shock
    @MalcolmX

To be honest I donīt know how will perform the coil in this bike cause yesterday I built it on the bike... but trying in the ground the bike feels pretty sensitive and regarding the sensations in the ibis hd... (in that case the bike change completely at high speed and corners) probably in this bike will be the definitive weapon...

The tune of this coil is M/M and I think itīs the right one... very sensite and the bike feels brutal in downhill mode... Iīll try this weekend with a rock garden here in Madrid... letīs see it how it works but I think it will be awesome... this bike itīs outstanding...

Current weight with the vivid coil + steel spring itīs 14,5 kilos... with the CTD itīs 14kilos. So I think the weight itīs just perfect... furthermore I added an Ibex Onza 2,40 dh in the rear and a High Roller 2 Exoprotection in the front... amazing tires...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post

Current weight with the vivid coil + steel spring itīs 14,5 kilos... with the CTD itīs 14kilos. So I think the weight itīs just perfect... furthermore I added an Ibex Onza 2,40 dh in the rear and a High Roller 2 Exoprotection in the front... amazing tires...
    14 kg is almost perfect. You posted a short list of your components on page one. Do you have one with the weights of each component. Somehow I have my doupts that your weight is correct for I do not see very light gear in your list...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    a part list with weights would be interesting... mine weights just about 15kg with the fox... it has heavier stem and bar and grips (~200gr total) but other parts are similar, some even lighter.

and, you weighted your frame with 3,6kg, which is really less than it has (mine weights over 3,7 kg with standard dropouts and close to 3,8kg with fox ctd and the 142mm dropouts) so I think you should check your scale... nevertheless, gorgous bike... but I think the total weight you stated is about 700gr off from reality...
    500gr between fox CTD and vivid coil with steel spring is alsoīnot a realistic number...

not that weights concerns me too much in reality... but it is just fair to give real weights...
    I bet, with vivid coil, steel spring, and the heavier tires (2-ply in the back, exo up front) it is closer to 15,8-16kg than 14,5 kg...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    14 kg is almost perfect. You posted a short list of your components on page one. Do you have one with the weights of each component. Somehow I have my doupts that your weight is correct for I do not see very light gear in your list...
    in that list I had the 2ply high roller with tube... now the ibex onza dh 2.40 in freeride carcase itīs only 940 grams. and the 2ply + tube was 1.350grams... almost 400 grams save....

a part list with weights would be interesting... mine weights just about 15kg with the fox... it has heavier stem and bar and grips (~200gr total) but other parts are similar, some even lighter.

and, you weighted your frame with 3,6kg, which is really less than it has (mine weights over 3,7 kg with standard dropouts and close to 3,8kg with fox ctd and the 142mm dropouts) so I think you should check your scale... nevertheless, gorgous bike... but I think the total weight you stated is about 700gr off from reality...
    500gr between fox CTD and vivid coil with steel spring is alsoīnot a realistic number...

not that weights concerns me too much in reality... but it is just fair to give real weights...
    I bet, with vivid coil, steel spring, and the heavier tires (2-ply in the back, exo up front) it is closer to 15,8-16kg than 14,5 kg...
    vivid coil + coil spring - 900 grams aprox...

ctd - I donīt know but barelly 250 grams.. itīs really lighter

Anyway.. I will try to upload a photo of the bike with the weight but sure my scale has a deviation..

Put a pic of the bike soon to clearify this!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    forget about hanging scales... I tried several, and they are all totally wrong...
    only accurate way is laying every single part on a kitchen scale.

I can post my partlist and weights tonight... but if yo are concerned about that, the V2 rune is probably not the right bike... but 15-16kg is probably where usually it ends up with proper tires and coil fork. of couse, with endless monetary ressources, it can probably be brought down to 13kg as well... but that makes little sense to me...

adriano, I think you did a fantastic job in picking the parts for your rune...

mtbr member
    forget about hanging scales... I tried several, and they are all totally wrong...
    only accurate way is laying every single part on a kitchen scale.

I can post my partlist and weights tonight... but if yo are concerned about that, the V2 rune is probably not the right bike... but 15-16kg is probably where usually it ends up with proper tires and coil fork. of couse, with endless monetary ressources, it can probably be brought down to 13kg as well... but that makes little sense to me...

adriano, I think you did a fantastic job in picking the parts for your rune...
    Yes, kitchen scale would be best.

13kg? With XX1 and lots of carbon parts? Or just a Spitfire....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I imagine it could be possible... lots of carbon and XX1, BOS Deville, formula-**** brakes and you could probably end up in the ballpark of 13kg... I would be tempted to cry if the bike would fall down 2-3 meters on an alpine trail with such parts oboard...

mtbr member
    I imagine it could be possible... lots of carbon and XX1, BOS Deville, formula-**** brakes and you could probably end up in the ballpark of 13kg... I would be tempted to cry if the bike would fall down 2-3 meters on an alpine trail with such parts oboard...
    Would be more than happy if I could stay a tad under 15kg with my next bike, letīs say 14,8.... Would save me exactely 1kg to my actual build.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hey guys, I found myself a nice 2012 marzocchi 55. RC3 evo Ti with an uncut tapered steerer. Can you guys tell me which Chris king or cane creek head set would work with the rune and a tapered steerer. I would like to start looking online for a used one but I am not sure what to look for.

Thank you for any input in advance!

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Hey guys, I found myself a nice 2012 marzocchi 55. RC3 evo Ti with an uncut tapered steerer. Can you guys tell me which Chris king or cane creek head set would work with the rune and a tapered steerer. I would like to start looking online for a used one but I am not sure what to look for.

Thank you for any input in advance!
    The correct SHIS standard for a zero stack headset on the Rune v2 and tapered steerer fork is:

Upper: ZS 44/28.6
    This means zero stack style cup, 44mm internal head tube diameter, 28.6mm steerer tube diameter (1.1/8" top of steerer diameter)

Lower ZS 56/40
    This means zero stack style cup, 56 internal head tube diameter, 40mm crown race seat diameter (1.5" bottom of steerer diameter)

mind bending..

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    The correct SHIS standard for a zero stack headset on the Rune v2 and tapered steerer fork is:

This means zero stack style cup, 44mm internal head tube diameter, 28.6mm steerer tube diameter (1.1/8" top of steerer diameter)

Lower ZS 56/40
    This means zero stack style cup, 56 internal head tube diameter, 40mm crown race seat diameter (1.5" bottom of steerer diameter)

mind bending..
    Thank you.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Chris King

Lower ZS 56/40
    Which as far as I can tell in Chris King terms is:
    InSet 2
    (can't post url yet!) //chrisking.com/headsets/hds_inset
    Then there is a link on that page "44-56mm Headtube Fit Guide"
    (can't post url yet!) //chrisking.com/files/upload/headsets/44mm-56mm-Headtube-Fit-Guide.jpg

chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59290
    Last edited by ptd; 11-16-2012 at 08:41 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Lower ZS 56/40

mind bending..
    Beautifully explained

Head set standards (if you want to call it that) can be so dam confusing, like BB standards and well, every other so called standard with bikes
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thank you.
    I can't reply to your PM yet, I don't have enough posts.
    The photo is not the correct headset.
    It shows a crown race diameter of 30mm which is for a straight 1.1/8" steerer tube.
    You need a crown race diameter of 40mm for a tapered steerer tube (1.1/8" to 1.5")

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ahh thank you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So am I right in assuming that would actually be this AngleSet ZS44 | EC56 . That is the only one that I can see with the crown diameter being 40. I know though that is not a Zs56 like mentioned above.

I am just trying to figure out which hs from AngleSet would work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    So am I right in assuming that would actually be this AngleSet ZS44 | EC56 . That is the only one that I can see with the crown diameter being 40. I know though that is not a Zs56 like mentioned above.

I am just trying to figure out which hs from AngleSet would work.
    That looks correct is correct if running a tapered fork. Can I ask what you intend to use the angle set for and what for you will be running?
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    That looks correct is correct if running a tapered fork. Can I ask what you intend to use the angle set for and what for you will be running?
    I had just saw a good deal on the angleset, not planning on changing anything but I have no idea what exactly I should be looking for. Pretty much I just need to figure out what headsets would work with a 2012 marzocchi 55 RC3 evo Ti with an uncut tapered steerer.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I canīt quote for the Rune-Riders, but for the new Spitfire I am planning to mostly run the neutral Chip rear, for a more steeper Seatangle and a slightly higher BB. On Front 1 Deg slacker Headangle. This should work pretty fine for all-Day or all-Terrain-Riding. For Park-Days I plan to go with the slackest Chip. Depending on Fork (not choosen yet) to get closely to the Rune-Geometry, somewhere between 65 and 66 Deg as the steepest. This will slightly lengthen the Wheelbase, too, to around 116 cm and 117 cm with 650Bs. But all will be tested! This is basically to give Tribute to the "Foreward-Geometry" (steep SA) and is just for the case the effective Toptubelength ist slightly to short (10-15 mm).
    Simply finest Finetuning on a Spitfire Framesize M.

GrazerTourer mentioned in the german IBC to go with a custom-made Works-Components (-1,5 Deg, Zero-Stack) on his Rune, with the steepest Setting (shortest Chainstaylength) and to slack-back the Front again. He is riding in steep high alpine Terrain where a higher BB is necessary and a really slack HA helps in the steep Sections.
    But maybe he likes to explain for himself ...

Greetings
    NoStyle
    Last edited by NoStyle; 11-16-2012 at 10:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

New question here.

anybody tried Bos stuffs with Rune v2? I have ordered those (Deville 170mm and VIP R shoch with needle bearing).

I didnt decided for tires/rims. Probably front ZTR Flow Ex/ rear Dartmoor cheap one. At the moment I will run Mavic Ex 721. For tires, would freeride casing be sufficient as Schwalbe Hampf 900g and use it as UST.

It will be interesting how much weight it will land on. I dont know yet when I get Rune Medium

cheers from Sweden!

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast