Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    i am familiar with the 601, and it is about 300gr lighter than the V2 rune (which is literally nothing) and has jsut about the same wheelbase... so yes, I think they are really comparable (only that I think the Rune will last a lot better regarding denting etc...)
    I don't like to be on videos, but I ride with these guys (and girls) on these trails, and I know the trails very well, so you can trust me that the V2 rune will be loads of fun on them...
    Maybe there will be some Video with me riding my V2 rune riding on a trail that some friends (and I) were building over the last year or so... it is more like a mini-bikepark trail, so that won't help too much either...

mtbr member
    Good to hear all those good things about the RUNE v2.

Is there anything about this baby that is NOT perfect..??..

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It is not made of unobtanium! haha
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    It is not made of unobtanium! haha
    Seems you did a fantastic job developping this mountain rig - congrats so far...

Cannot wait to ride the upcoming Spitfire of my bike mate NoStyle to check out the new KS-Link and than go for the RUNE. Maybe this baby will replace my nearly perfect Wildcard for 2013....

Hard funkinī Kraut
    In all theory and out of imagination:

Iīm following the Runeand itīs Picture-Threads here for some Years now, and the Rune V1 and V1.5 are build up so differently - from All-Terrain to Local-DH-Racing and everything in between. Simply shows how versatile and strong the previous Runes are. The Rune V2 has advanced and evolved in almost every Aspect and is now that kind of Bike when I started Mountainbiking back in the Days: A modern, light, pedalefficiant Freeridebike, now called "Enduro-Bike". It is again build for overall Trailriding, Enduro-DH-Racing and such ... so if it is good for high alpine rocky and rooty Trails, it should excel on any Bikepark-Trail as well, whether they are gnarly, steep and technical or fast and jumpy. I mean, some "Hometrails" are alot more demanding than some smoothed-out Park-Trails. It might not be a Full-Park-Bike, so JBL123, in my Opinion the V2 should be good for that. You may want to wait for itīs bigger Brother, the KS-Link Scythe, which will fit more to that (imagine 180-200 mm Travel, 65-64 Deg HA), but nobody could quote on how good it will be when it comes to pedalling or climbing, except the Banshee-Dudes. In the Meantime the Rune V2 is one of the most aggressive Enduro-Bikes out there - Competitors will be the Nicolai ION-16 or Carver IBC-Edition, or at least the almighty Specialized Enduro. There are Pictures of Crankworx when the Rune V2 was raced hard by Banshee-Teamriders - should be ok, eh?!?

To the Aspect of slow, technical Riding, or blowing gnarly and fast, or Descends ā la Trial/Vertride-Style:
    Am I the only one who thinks that it is mostly the Rider, his Skills and Technique - and not the Bike, knowing that some Bikes support a little more, others not that much? Isnīt it all about "getting used to it"? Isnīt the Bike itself somehow overvalued sometimes (which seems pretty much curious while Iīm excited to get my Hands on the Spitty V2 )?

Geetings
    NoStyle

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Malcon X, one question please.
    I'm 182cm tall and I'm not decided between the L and the M size.
    How tall are you ?
    How do you feel the L size ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I am 190cm tall with 93cm inseam...

the bike still does not fell huge, but I am riding it with 40mm stem for now... maybe 50mm later...
    so with 182cm I would go for medium, unless you really want to go for the 30-40mm stems... standover is not an issue, so it is down to personal preference...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thank you ror the answer Malcom.
    Yes, probably i'll stay with the M size.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post

the bike still does not fell huge, but I am riding it with 40mm stem for now... maybe 50mm later...
    so with 182cm I would go for medium, unless you really want to go for the 30-40mm stems... standover is not an issue, so it is down to personal preference...
    In fact,

Iīm 1,86 with 89cm inseam and Iīm running a Large size with 40mm stem.. and I feel pretty comfortable...

mtbr member

i will go for the XL frame, i am 1,88cm tall and have a 95cm inseam.

my old spicy in L, got a 5mm shorter ETT than the rune in L, but the rune got at least 2° steeper SA. the runeīs seattube is 1cm longer then the spicy, and that matters for me a lot.
    i ridin a 180mm crank, and the reverb (ok the 380mm) is on the limit extension. when i lower the reverb, at the lowest point, the saddle is still above the handlebars.

i had the chance to ride a norco sight in XL and it feld really good, but i thought i would brake it in half, if going the normal speed the local trails
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

mtbr member
    May 2009
    there are 420 and 435mm seatposts
    I doubt that you will fell comfortable on the XL with 188... Large should be perfekt...
    just my 2pc...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JansonJanson View Post
    i will go for the XL frame, i am 1,88cm tall and have a 95cm inseam.

my old spicy in L, got a 5mm shorter ETT than the rune in L, but the rune got at least 2° steeper SA. the runeīs seattube is 1cm longer then the spicy, and that matters for me a lot.
    i ridin a 180mm crank, and the reverb (ok the 380mm) is on the limit extension. when i lower the reverb, at the lowest point, the saddle is still above the handlebars.

i had the chance to ride a norco sight in XL and it feld really good, but i thought i would brake it in half, if going the normal speed the local trails
    In your position I would think twice. I am 189cm tall with 90cm inseam.
    I ride a large Wildcard with 617mm ETT and 438mm REACH. This is almost perfect. It is not too long and not too short.
    The RUNE in L ist almost identical. The ETT is 610mm but with steeper SA, so should be the same. The REACH is also very close with 441mm.
    You have to take in mind, that the REACH of the XL is 466mm. That is almost 1cm longer than a large Spezi Enduro, which is also very long. And 120cm wheelbase is a lot too.
    If you ride a 420mm Reverb together with your 180mm crankarms and the 470mm seattube of the L-RUNE you might be fine….(I ride a 450mm Gavity Dropper Classic with the Wildcards 400mm seattube)

mtbr member
    i will see it

forgot to mention, i sat on a 2012 Spezi Enduro too, in XL ...

my plan is, 2 go for a 30/35mm stem and see how it works.

i would always prefer a bike, a little bit longer, with a shorter stem.
    on my spicy i could really go for a 70mm stem for the long climbs etc., but its so much better with a 50mm once ...

@malcomx: there are reverbīs with a length of 380mm

mtbr member
    May 2009
    risk buying the wrong framesize for 1700€, when you can change the seatpost for ~100€? (sell the old one, buy a longer one)

mtbr member
    risk buying the wrong framesize for 1700€, when you can change the seatpost for ~100€? (sell the old one, buy a longer one)
    i see that point, but i took my time and compared the geometrie from my spicy and the rune, both in L, and i want to have a larger frame. the only frame which could offer this, and the good feel, i wonīt brake it - has been the rune.

i really thought about it ... hope so

btw: i will go for the CCDB Air - so my intention is to go fast, down the hill ... never going to ride some "vertriding". maybe if i feel so, the rune will see some bikeparkdays 2013

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    Is there anything about this baby that is NOT perfect..??..
    Well... would be nice if it was made in Canada, although I'd even settle for Scotland.

Can't think of anything else though, looks a beaut.

mtbr member
    Just got confirmation from Trident that a batch of new Runes have landed in BC.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    Just got confirmation from Trident that a batch of new Runes have landed in BC.
    Nice, now we just need it's little brother
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Nice, now we just need it's little brother
    Yeah, and that little Bro is hopefully not as "little" as one might think ...

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Headset help..!

What is the correct zero stack upper and lower cup for the Rune V2 with tapered fork (Vengeance)?
    Is the SHIS ZS 44/28.6 | ZS 56/40

Just staring the build! Ta.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hey PTD, Keith from Banshee told me "The V2 frames are 44/56 standard" so I think you have it right.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Well... after try with Air.. itīs time for the Coil...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img-20121114-wa0000.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img-20121114-wa0002.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Adriano - can you estimate the length of the hose to the rear brake? I assume you have an L frame - right?

I just ebayed a set of Hope V2s for my rune and I am kind of worried that the rear hose will be too short.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hoping someone can answer this since I am brain dead when it comes to figure out bike numbers....
    I am looking at picking up a used 2012 Marzocchi RC3 EVO Ti fork. It has the taopered steerer cut to 7 inches. Will this fit on the Rune V2 or is that cut a bit to short?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What size Rune?

It will fit on S and M and will barely fit on L and XL. You will need to use zero stack headset and will have very little place to adjust the height of the cockpit.

I assume typical zero stack headset ( around 10mm of stack ) and 40mm stack stem.

Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast