Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by q232 View Post
    Thank you for answer,

what weight of your bike?
    About 32lb using the bathroom scales method

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hello guys,

Maybe this has been addresed before in this thread, but there's 70 pages of posts, so please excuse me if I missed the answer somewhere.

I am currently in a market for a new AM bike and I real like this new Rune 2014 amongst the others. I just wonder if any of you can compare this bike to some other competitors regarding climbing capabilities on longer climbs. What i mean is, can you notice a difference in weight against some lighter weight frames, since there can be a difference of up to 800g. Regardless of frame, i am going to build it with same components, so the weight difference will only be in frame.

Would you recomend me this bike for lets say 20-30km climbs, 1500-2000 vertical ascent?

I know i could build lighter bike (i've been looking at liteville 301, enduro , SC nomad... ), but i am fairly aggresive rider when going down and i don't want to worry about bike durability and quite importantly i realy like this new Rune.

For information, now i ride specialized enduro s works 2006 (15.5kg) which realy takes alot of energy on steep long climbs. I tend to build Rune in at around 13-13,5kg. What do you think, will it climb alot better or just slightly. And how would you compare climb capability of Rune built at 13kg to another AM rig at lets say 12kg due to lighter frame.

I know my questions may seem a bit silly, but i just didn't have a chance to ride alot of other bikes, so i'm asking here for some directions.

Will appreciate any relevant informations and thoughts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kinserk View Post
    Hello guys,

Maybe this has been addresed before in this thread, but there's 70 pages of posts, so please excuse me if I missed the answer somewhere.

I am currently in a market for a new AM bike and I real like this new Rune 2014 amongst the others. I just wonder if any of you can compare this bike to some other competitors regarding climbing capabilities on longer climbs. What i mean is, can you notice a difference in weight against some lighter weight frames, since there can be a difference of up to 800g. Regardless of frame, i am going to build it with same components, so the weight difference will only be in frame.

Would you recomend me this bike for lets say 20-30km climbs, 1500-2000 vertical ascent?

I know i could build lighter bike (i've been looking at liteville 301, enduro , SC nomad... ), but i am fairly aggresive rider when going down and i don't want to worry about bike durability and quite importantly i realy like this new Rune.

For information, now i ride specialized enduro s works 2006 (15.5kg) which realy takes alot of energy on steep long climbs. I tend to build Rune in at around 13-13,5kg. What do you think, will it climb alot better or just slightly. And how would you compare climb capability of Rune built at 13kg to another AM rig at lets say 12kg due to lighter frame.

I know my questions may seem a bit silly, but i just didn't have a chance to ride alot of other bikes, so i'm asking here for some directions.

Will appreciate any relevant informations and thoughts.
    The Rune will climb. I wouldn't say it is an awesome climber but it does get up the hill. The rear is really active while climbing, not from bobbing but from obstacles in the trail so you get a lot of great traction. The weight can be noticeable the longer the climb and personally when I climb the bike I need to drop my fork. Otherwise the bike feels slack, because it is. Keep in mind I have mind in the slack setting. The only other setting i tried was the neutral setting. Mine is just under 31lbs, with XX1 a short stem and 31.5" bars. I'm sure you can set the bike up much better for climbing than I have. You said you're an aggressive descender, if that is the case this bike is pretty unreal. I haven't been on many of the Rune's competitors but my buddies have and they've ridden my bike. They all comment on how stable the bike feels in all aspects of riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Mine's about 14.5kg, 1x10 34t 11-36t and is in the slack setting.
    I've only done one ride which was 35km and 1000 metres of climbing on technical rocky sections. I've go the CCDB Air with CS and it climbs far better than I was expecting it too. I've had an Orange Five for the last 5 years and it's noticeably more tractable than that was. Can't say I noticed the weight tbh. You sound like a similar rider to me, uphills are necessary just to get to the good bits??
    Even if it was a pig on the climbs, I wouldn't mind, because the way it descends is just awesome compared to my old single pivot. I instntly felt at home on it and was throwing it about like my downhill bike after about 5 miles.
    Maybe it's 'new bike love' but I can honestly say it has blown me away with just how good it is, get one with a CCDB Air CS and you won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    the rune actually feels confidence when you ride i mean is so easy is like is difficult to falls in this bike loooool about climbing i use slack setting and i do more climbing than other things and i dont mind to climb with the rune

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Antshee View Post
    About 32lb using the bathroom scales method
    thank you for answer

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks for the answers guys.
    Yes i do have to earn my downhills, thats why i'm looking for good climber/descender. I also have a Demo 8, but i only use it in bikeparks. I even use my enduro bike when i get a shutle to my local hill, cuz the ride is much more fun comparing to demo slugish feel if trails are not steep/fast enough.
    And i was thinking about rune ccdb air cs option yes.
    I am also considering Spitfire with DBair CS. I've seen people say it climbs realy good and descents same or better then some other 160 bikes.
    Every now and then we also go for a all day tour, on which i would be more confortable with lighter trail bike, but i can't have a whole arsenal of bikes in my garage. Thats why i'm having such a hard time deiciding on which bike to get.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

My new rune I built up last night

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Weight is

14kg or 30.8lbs not bad for a big coil fork
    Build spec:

Xfusion vengeance coil fork 170mm
    Xtr trail brakes with uberbike floating rotors
    Sram X0 shifter/rear mech
    Sram xx 1099 cassette
    Kcnc light chain
    Raceface narrow wide 32tooth chainring,
    raceface turbine sl cranks with titanium axle,
    Nukeproof proton magnesium/titanium pedals,
    Chris king bb,
    Hope integral headset,
    Thomson x4 50mm stem,
    Answer pro taper carbon bar,
    Ks lev seatpost with fizik gobi k'ium seat,

Easton havoc am wheels on wtb moto TCS tyres
    Also spank subrosa evo 30al rims on hope pro 2 with wtb warden mud tyres

mtbr member
    The orange is badass looking!!!
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    yep look amazing enjoy your new awesome bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by supermikegb View Post

My new rune I built up last night
    Where you buy a orange frame. I want it

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Got it from blazing bikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by supermikegb View Post
    Got it from blazing bikes
    Can you give me a link please?

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Very nice looking 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Mountain Biking Shropshire | Outdoor Pursuits Centre | Campsite, Shop and Pub, Shropshire

Think they were very limited edition though I ordered it months ago

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Think bikeactive.com have a few orange ones on the way.

mtbr member

My 14 Rune size large
    Ccdb air ca
    Fox 36 float 160
    Xo1 drive train
    Straightline 35mm stem
    Race face sixc handlebar
    Race face sixc 170 cranks
    Straightline Jeff lenosky pedals
    Easton have wheels
    Cherish king bob and headset
    Avid xo trails, with SS lines
    kS lev integra 150mm
    Fixik gobi xm seat
    Easton grips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768922.952614.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768986.149802.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768975.347707.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768995.215895.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768964.952665.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768953.790117.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1390768939.485890.jpg  

mtbr member
    That looks superb. I wish you had better angle higher res pics! I really like the blue.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

I am looking at the raceface next SL for my Rune V2. I am a noob when it comes to bottom bracket format. Can someone tell me which one do I need(format, spacer needed??)? Many thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mik8yu View Post
    I am looking at the raceface next SL for my Rune V2. I am a noob when it comes to bottom bracket format. Can someone tell me which one do I need(format, spacer needed??)? Many thanks

73mm shell, external cups so 1 spacer behind the drive side cup.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

73mm shell, external cups so 1 spacer behind the drive side cup.
    Thank you! Excuse my noobness. 73mm refers to the bb, for cranks I only hv to choose between single chainring/2x and 170/175 length right? Is spacer a must and does it come with the bb? Thanks again

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Yes, that's right. The spacer will come with the bottom bracket. It'll probably come with 3 which is for a 68mm shell.

mtbr member
    Just a question. And please don't get mad at me. Why are you buying the highest end racing crank and you don't even know the basic standard your bike is?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5035D using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Yes, that's right. The spacer will come with the bottom bracket. It'll probably come with 3 which is for a 68mm shell.
    Thank you!

Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast