Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2271
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingRevolution View Post
    Beautiful.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    dzdale,
    Your Rune is wicked awesome!! The green almost hurts to look at! How do you like the X-Fusion Metric?

Cheers,
    "I Like the Cut of His Jib"

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Thanks jjkitt, havent ridden it other than in the street in front of the house, will be riding tommorrow. Ill write a liittle review soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    If everyone is loving these Neon Green Rune frames I have a brand new one with 27.5 dropouts in size small, sat in the box ready sell.

Bought for my wife who has injured her hand in a race in October so no longer needs the frame.

Give me a shout if anyone wants this awesome frame. It also comes with the CCDB Air CS

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravs View Post
    Yeah I just got the frame from Ben, he really went out of his way to sort me out. I got the Pike from bike24 in Germany.
    thanks.
    How long did you wait for the framekit? What does it include? headset?thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

My rad Rune

Hello fellow Rune rider,

Just got my new Rune built up. I decided on it based on the glowing reviews from everyone here on this community. This is easily the best reference for the Banshee Rune anywhere.

Got my first ride on it the other day. Once I got my fork dialed it, it was MONEY! Climb well, descended better. Jumped great. Felt almost as easy to trick as my Deity. This bike does it all.

One of the main reasons I ended up on the Rune was the amount of flexibility it gives you. I wanted to be able to Rune my Havoc UST 150 DH wheelset, and all of the drop-out options meant that I was able to do just that.

Here is a quick build list:
    Banshee Rune, CCBD Air CS, Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti, Havoc 150 UST, Specialized Butcher 2.3 Grid tires, E13 LG1+ Cranks and chainguide, Reverb, Zee Rr. Der. and Shifter, RF NW 30t chainring, 11-36 SRAM 1070 cass., XT Brakes with 200/180 Ice Tech Rotors, Deity DC31 Mohawk carbon bar, Easton Haven 55mm stem, Easton lock-ons, Deity saddle. 33 lbs, 2 oz./ 15,03 kg. (with Shimano M520 SPDs)

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-12-13-15.56.14.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-12-13-15.56.36.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Here is my new steed. First ride today!
    Pretty stoked!

mtbr member

Very nice

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    hello

And Now Something Completely Different

Yes - Green Rune

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dorotka-2013-zima-017.jpg

mtbr member
    Greens are looking sweet.

@cockymonster, you sure you don't need a smaller frame? Dat seat location!?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    that seat was there for the way down... on the way up it's pulled out all the way. no, i definitely don't need a smaller frame

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cockymonster View Post
    that seat was there for the way down... on the way up it's pulled out all the way. no, i definitely don't need a smaller frame
    It is just pushed WAY too far forward which is why I questioned the top tube length for you. Not only does it look goofy it is prone to bending the rails. Look at 99.999% of other bikes setups...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    the rails are at the legit max, not beyond. i ride the saddles like that on all bikes. it's not a matter of top tube length, but of power transfer, especially since i have to pull the seat post out all the way when riding uphill (and thus am far back over the rear wheel)
    i wouldn't mind a 2 degree steeper seat angle in the low /slack setting!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    some damn nice runes.. Keep em coming.

Heres my update.

My awesome MiL got me a rad work stand for Christmas so I threw some parts together.

Mine wont be super uber sexy as Im buying all nicely used parts and using parts from my last bike.. but heres the build so far:

650b except for rear dropouts, the rear tire fits but not much space, might have to bite the bullet and order the right dropouts.

Fox float X
    Spank oozy rims laced to Chris King hubs w/ hans dampf and racing ralph rubber. they are tubeless right now but not holding air, gotta buy sealant ... sure seems like a pain in the butt??
    Xt brakes 203 fr 180R
    reverb dropper
    gravity light bar
    2013 fox float 34 650b fork, still need to send in for 2014 update.
    race face stem on there but that will be upgraded as well.
    going to try 1x10
    Just ordered a BB and a 32 tooth Race face Narrow/wide that will go on a sram x-5 cranks with a bashring. Rear cassette is 11-36
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20131226_110742_539.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20131226_110712_767.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20131226_110653_428.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_20131226_103534_613.jpg

mtbr member

staying slack.

Moved mine into the slack mode and will probably keep it there. Not terrible going up and heading down is a tad more fun.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    do you have it before on steep or neutral ?mine is on slack too i wonder if will be notice much difference on steep going up hill

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAFIA View Post
    do you have it before on steep or neutral ?mine is on slack too i wonder if will be notice much difference on steep going up hill
    I had it in the neutral setting. Bike ran awesome in that setting too but I noticed that i flip the travel adjust pretty quick when I'm approaching a climb so the front end gets low enough to get up the hills. Even when i'm in 160mm and the bike is slack it still climbs well enough.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    so is suppose to be more agressive going uphill on steep mode?? loool i ask cause i really doing great uphill in slack mode i also have a 160mm fork. so the noob question is slack is for dh and steep is uphill ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    s so the noob question is slack is for dh and steep is uphill ?
    Yes, the lower setting slackens out the front slightly and drops the BB a wee bit, noticeably better for descending in my experience.

That being said I typically have it the the middle or neutral setting as I found this the best all round compromise between climbing and descending. Ascending steep sharp switchbacks, I could not keep on line or the front down in the low setting, while in the middle setting (with a lot of body language) I can clear those sections. You really need to play around with the settings and work out whats best for your terrain and style of riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Was swinging between yeti sb66 tracer 2 and nomad.and been stalking this forum for a long time. Thanks to Jay, Keith and Xavier finally got my Black on Black Rune V2.

Here is a quick build list:

CCBD Air CS, Rockshox Pike DPA, Crank Bro Iodine 3, Conti XKing and Conti Mountain King, E13 LG1+ Taco Guard, E13 37T chainring, Reverb Seatpost (non stealth), Saint M820 Rr. Der. and Shifter, RF NW 30t chainring, 11-38 XTR cass., Saint M820 Brakes with 160Ice Tech Rotors, Easton Havoc carbon bar,

Left LBS in too much hurry didn't weight the newly minted weapon.

Went for my first ride, still perplexed how to tune the ccdb air cs shock. The runs down the hill Feels way faster from where I come from.

The uphill with the climb switch is supposed to be more enjoyable. But my weak legs just aren't helping. Thinking if to move to smaller chain ring or go back to 2x10. Decisions decisions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    The uphill with the climb switch is supposed to be more enjoyable. But my weak legs just aren't helping. Thinking if to move to smaller chain ring or go back to 2x10. Decisions

do you install the volume spacer on the cane creek? i was on x0 2x10 setup and chage to x01 38t on front and i will not going back but like almost everything in live is about personal decision and was make you happy i have to says i love the banshee rune and i still doing some playing with setting

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

The uphill with the climb switch is supposed to be more enjoyable. But my weak legs just aren't helping. Thinking if to move to smaller chain ring or go back to 2x10. Decisions

do you install the volume spacer on the cane creek? i was on x0 2x10 setup and chage to x01 38t on front and i will not going back but like almost everything in live is about personal decision and was make you happy i have to says i love the banshee rune and i still doing some playing with setting
    O My God I came from a setup whereby the rear shock wouldn't allow me to add spacer... Which one is the spacer... And how does it affect climbing??

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    the volume spacer recommended on the rune is the large one and i think it will add stiffness on the shock that i think will help doing uphill and get better travel but i dont know for sure cause i did not put it looool i will install today jajajaja i actually dont receive my spacer with my frame they were loss i ask keith and he told me that suppose to have the spacers and i email the dealer and they sended to me right away ,but that the recommendation on the cane creek page for the rune 2014 with climbing switch sorry about for my bad english i can express my self like i would like to

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

the volume spacer recommended on the rune is the large one and i think it will add stiffness on the shock that i think will help doing uphill and get better travel but i dont know for sure cause i did not put it looool i will install today jajajaja but that the recommendation on the cane creek page for the rune 2014 with climbing switch sorry about for my bad english i can express my self like i would like to

That be the case it should hv come with spacer installed already?? It feels a bit bouncy on the downhill run

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    yeah that what i tought but i guess it will let you spend some time tunning the bike will make the love stronger loool

Page 65 of 91 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 ... LastLast