Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2201
    Cannonball!
    You've got all the spacers and the springy thing from the CK BB on the drive side?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i put 4 spacer and what do you mean about the springy thing?

Cannonball!
    The two piece metal device that puts a side load on the bearings.

"disc spring"

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    do you mean the like 1/2in tube that goes on the crank star tube and the one that look like a doble star washer loool ? sorry about my english

Cannonball!
    Yes, the flat double metal piece should be on the drive side against the BB.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    omg i put it on the non drive side but on the manual gxp the pic look like the disc spring goes on the non drive side oooh **** on the chris king BB instrictions are in the drive side and in the crankset instructions are in the non side drive omfg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    after all the problem was that my rear derraileur limit screw up/down
    was broken and i did not see it loool

_va
    mtbr member
    Its my Rune..) Theme on local forum with many photos: Banshee Rune V2

Now with Fox 36 float 2014^
    My local spot: http://thespot.pro/

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Awesome build, so sweet. Are the fox floats 160 ?

mtbr member
    I am in a bit of a dilemma in trying to understand fork offset. Been reading a lot about fork offset but still got some unanswered questions I'm hoping someone can help me out on.
    Currently have a Fox 36 and looking to go to 650b.
    Getting a XFusion Metric 180mm. They offer the fork in a 26/650b with a 42mm offset and a 650b specific with 46mm offset. My frame is a XL so I am not worried about the 650b tire hitting my foot if I was to go with the 42mm offset fork. Correct me if I'm wrong but I am thinking that the 42mm offset fork with 180mm fork and 650b will give me a more similar feeling to a 160mm fork with a 46mm offset. It will allow the bike to be less "floppy" at slow speeds. Does anyone know what offset the grometry specs are for on the Banshee website? Probably looking into this too much but curious and figured others might be too.

Jan 2007
    Hi Guys,

I've recently updated my 2013 Raw Fox CTD frame to a 2014 Black CCDBAirCS and I have a question for Keith or anyone who can answer it...

Is it possible to install a new 2014 Rock Shox Reverb Stealth with Connectamajig or is the seat tube hole too narrow for it to get into? Maybe better the 2013 Reverb without Connectamajig?

Have any of you been able to install a Connectamajig Reverb in your 2014 Rune?

Thank you very much!

Peri

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I think it goes the more offset the less floppy.
    20mm more travel with less offset would mean more floppy.
    Edit: just saw the 26/650 comparison, wiki has a formula that might give the answer...
    Bicycle and motorcycle geometry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker9109 View Post
    I am in a bit of a dilemma in trying to understand fork offset. Been reading a lot about fork offset but still got some unanswered questions I'm hoping someone can help me out on.
    Currently have a Fox 36 and looking to go to 650b.
    Getting a XFusion Metric 180mm. They offer the fork in a 26/650b with a 42mm offset and a 650b specific with 46mm offset. My frame is a XL so I am not worried about the 650b tire hitting my foot if I was to go with the 42mm offset fork. Correct me if I'm wrong but I am thinking that the 42mm offset fork with 180mm fork and 650b will give me a more similar feeling to a 160mm fork with a 46mm offset. It will allow the bike to be less "floppy" at slow speeds. Does anyone know what offset the grometry specs are for on the Banshee website? Probably looking into this too much but curious and figured others might be too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You'll have to thread the hose through before connecting the Connectamajig once the hose is out the top of the seat tube. This will give you the option of removing the seatpost a few times without need to bleed the system if required.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Jan 2007

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    You'll have to thread the hose through before connecting the Connectamajig once the hose is out the top of the seat tube. This will give you the option of removing the seatpost a few times without need to bleed the system if required.
    Thank you Keith, no problem!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've read just about this entire thread and I think its Awesome that Keith quickly reply's and is very helpful.

I Just bought a second hand, size Large Rune Frame w/26" dropouts. Im 5'-10.5" w/ 34" inseam, hope it fits good..

Trying to sell my 13" Transition Covert 26 frame to pay for it, loved the covert but just wanted to try a different frame. First impressioin of holding the Rune frame is "beefy" Hopefully I can get the weight to 31/32lbs without a fortune.

Looking to put the CC DBair CS shock on it.

couple of opinions wanted.. Should I go 27.5 with it?? is it worth the cost to change? or save the money and stick with 26"

I have a Rockshox Lyrik RC2l 160mm from the covert, that I like. Just replaced all seals/oil/rings on it.. however Id have to sell it at a big loss and buy a 27.5 capable fork.. But I could also get a lighter fork as well.. Xfusion sweep or a Pike.. but are those too light??

I already sold the wheels from the covert so, I will be buying a new wheelset anyways.. Might as well make the switch??

a lot of my riding with this bike will be local trails, one imparticular (beacon hill) where I ride up a 1.5 mile climb and then descend on what is basically a few small DH courses, lots of jumps/drops into another short climb to do the courses again. So all of the downs are earned basically.

here is a great vid showing some great features of beacon hill
    Beacon Hill Spokane, WA Double Down Hoe Down #4 Downhill Mountain Bike Racing - YouTube
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nice lookin frame! You have a frame capable and since you have to buy wheels, go 27.5 & don't look back. I am sold... I have a super clean ZTR Flow set I briefly had on my Rune I can sell you. I built a carbon wheelset is why I am selling. PM me if interested!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Nice lookin frame! You have a frame capable and since you have to buy wheels, go 27.5 & don't look back. I am sold... I have a super clean ZTR Flow set I briefly had on my Rune I can sell you. I built a carbon wheelset is why I am selling. PM me if interested!
    I saw that on pb, I follow you, creepy i know.. haha. Id buy them if I can get my Covert frame sold.. I am tapt out for bike money atm..

Ya I wish I didnt have to re-fork up but I probably will try the 27.5..

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk77 View Post
    ... couple of opinions wanted.. Should I go 27.5 with it?? is it worth the cost to change? or save the money and stick with 26" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    ... You have a frame capable and since you have to buy wheels, go 27.5 & don't look back. ...
    Riding a Spitfire, and startet with 26 and switched to 650B/27.5 I would double socalMXs quote. Since then all the 26-Stuff is collecting Dust and remains unused.
    I think Money is a big Factor for most of us, but getting a 650B-Fork by Time means you can easily go with both Wheelsizes anyway. Depending on the Forks A-to-C the Geometry would not be off too much, maybe 10 mm taller = 0,5 Deg slacker HA, but you would be ready for what´s coming in the Future.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Fox Float X vs. CC DBair CS on the Rune?

also, looking to save some weight and go 27.5 from the 26" RS lyrik that I have now..

Fox 34 float good match? Is it noticeably less stiff/burly than a Lyrik?

Mr. Knowitall

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk77 View Post
    Fox Float X vs. CC DBair CS on the Rune?

also, looking to save some weight and go 27.5 from the 26" RS lyrik that I have now..

Fox 34 float good match? Is it noticeably less stiff/burly than a Lyrik?
    DBAir and PIKE!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    DBAir and PIKE!
    Ya, I hear ya.. My bank account just doesnt agree with both of them.. Im looking at a used fox 34. then in the least I can send it to PUSH and still be under a new fox/pike and probably have a better fork.

Mr. Knowitall
    Fox 34with AVA, then

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Rune V2 2014 Build Complete

My new Rune V2 is complete!

This beast has absolutely blown away my expectations. It pedals great with the relatively light build and CCDBA CS shock, and descends like a mini downhill bike! Previously had a Mojo HD for 3 years and there is no comparison...

Running the 26 inch Dropouts in lowest setting with HRII 27.5 Tyres (just enough clearance) to keep the chainstays short.

Pike
    Full XO drivetrain and trail brakes.
    Havoc Carbon Bars
    Thompson 50mm Stem
    Reverb Stealth Dropper
    Spline one EX wheels
    Wolftooth spiderless narrow wide

Thanks to Ben at Singletracks in Australia for providing great service and supplying the Frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-12-17-06.31.20.jpg  

mtbr member
    SICK! Whats it weigh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravs View Post
    Thanks to Ben at Singletracks in Australia for providing great service and supplying the Frame.
    Ben's quite good to deal with, bought my rune off him too.

Bike looks great, nice and stealthy.

Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast