Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162
Results 3,051 to 3,053 of 3053
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    so my next question is spitfire vs rune. i really cant decide. My trails are more oriented toward the spitfire but there is one place I ride which is my favorite that has really gnarly rocky downs.

Currently riding a DB mission 27.5 but ti feel like I waste so much energy going uphill it climbs okay but not efficiently and i clearly sense wasted energy. How does the rune climb is the spitfire that much better in this category? Can the rune do okay on trail riding?

Other thing is the rune comes with the cane creek vs the only spitfire i can find comes with the rock shox monarch plus rc3. I feel the better value is coming on the rune.

What are your thoughts?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife21 View Post
    So I am buying a rune frame but I need to know at my size what size frame to get. I am exactly 6 foot with a 32in inseam. Would a large work or should i go XL?

Also any tips one whether you like the bike in low or nuertral would help. I ride with 650b wheels and a will be putting a 2017 fox float 36 fit4 160mm on it.
    my 2's:
    I'm also exactly 6 foot with a 31.5in inseam and was going with L size bikes since i began riding, 14 years ago. however, for the past 7 years I'm on a size M Wildcard ant it fits even better than the L size.
    i've just ordered a new Spit, size M. according to the geometry chart, it should be spot on

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife21 View Post
    so my next question is spitfire vs rune. i really cant decide. My trails are more oriented toward the spitfire but there is one place I ride which is my favorite that has really gnarly rocky downs.

Currently riding a DB mission 27.5 but ti feel like I waste so much energy going uphill it climbs okay but not efficiently and i clearly sense wasted energy. How does the rune climb is the spitfire that much better in this category? Can the rune do okay on trail riding?

Other thing is the rune comes with the cane creek vs the only spitfire i can find comes with the rock shox monarch plus rc3. I feel the better value is coming on the rune.

What are your thoughts?
    For your riding I'd suggest the Spitfire. It's plenty able enough to cope with the gnar and heads down like it has way more than 140mm rear travel. It will fit your main riding better than the Rune.

I own a Rune by the way and love it. Have also ridden a mates Spitty which was a blast. Would be happy with either.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162