Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 2960
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitar_potar View Post
    Ohhh, which are the other builds in Bulgaria? And who is the new dealer of banshees for Bg? Also, am looking at the 2016 rune and am wondering which one is better for a 180mm fork - the rune or the darkside. Type of planned riding: enduro as well as bike-park riding.
    I'd stick to the rune. I think climbing on a darkside is possible depending on how you build it but it would do disservice to the frames full potential

Just my opinion though, I see a lot of builds on the darkside where people put a wide range cassette, single crown fork with a climb switch air shock on so what do I know :-P

The rune is one capable bike though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large NS Essentric ALU
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '14 Large Knolly Endorphin
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I kinda wonder if a180mm fork would be too much for the rune, if it would bring some disbalance to the complete bike...

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hitar_potar View Post
    I kinda wonder if a180mm fork would be too much for the rune, if it would bring some disbalance to the complete bike...
    This is the thing with the Rune... When I rode one I had time with 26 wheels on a 180 MM Zocchi 66 and a 160 lyrik. If I was staying local and pedalling - the lyrik did the trick. When it was time to go to Angelfire - the 66 was thrown on and i put the bike in the slack setting - total plow machine with about 35% sag in the rear.

Would I live with a Rune @ 180? Probably not - but if you have a park build its a great match. Thinking about getting a cheap set of 26x150 wheels for my wife's Rune when we go to visit parks - i still have my 66 and she feels the Pike has too much feedback in brake bumps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I'm thinking of throwing everything from my IH Sunday (saint 820 drivetrain, havoc ust wheels, havoc/Thomson cockpit) on a banshee frame. If it's a Rune, gotta get a new crankset 68/73mm and an enduro fork (I want a 180mm but am wondering if it's too much). If it's a Darkside, I can keep my present saint 83mm crank and a 180mm fork would be fine.

mtbr member
    What hub spacing do you have? Although the darkside has a 142 option, I think the chainline is better with 150.

'16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large NS Essentric ALU
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '14 Large Knolly Endorphin
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Fwiw Keith said before the Rune was not built for a 180 fork and it would void the warranty. He suggested building a Darkside instead.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Fwiw Keith said before the Rune was not built for a 180 fork and it would void the warranty. He suggested building a Darkside instead.
    From the Rune FAQ:
    "Q: What fork travel do you recommend?
    A: The optimal fork travel for the rune is 160mm, however the frame is covered to run up to 180mm single crown forks."

mtbr member
    Hey I asked it on here in this thread. I have no reason to make it up.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I'd agree with the 0.5 degrees of head angle approximately, but the bb height will not increase by as much as 5mm, more like 2.5mm as it's closer to back wheel than the front wheel and the fork is at an angle.
    Good to know, im running a 170 fork and considered dropping it to 160 to lower my bb.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Junersun View Post
    What hub spacing do you have? Although the darkside has a 142 option, I think the chainline is better with 150.
    Well, the Sunday is a 83mm bb, 12x150mm hub frame. A Darkside would allow me to keep both rear wheel and crank, a Rune would allow me to keep only the wheel. Whichever I choose, I will keep the 12x150 rear, that's for sure! Reason for my wondering is that i want to go enduro, but am more keen on the downs than the ups (haha, no shit? ) and my priority is going down.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960