Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859
Results 2,901 to 2,945 of 2945
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by windv View Post
    Attachment 1104571Attachment 1104570

That's my XL rune with 222x70mm shock, rocking something like 178mm of rear travel. BB is 344mm high. It feels great. I am running the vivid with ~35% sag. The rear triangle doesn't touch the seat tube when bottomed out. it's 14,9kg with the synthace W40 26" rims(150x12 rear axle and 20mm front) and fox van 36 180mm fork. guide brakes and 1x10 shimano drivetrain.

will try fox float ctd 216 later on to see how both configurations compare...

Removed the original paint and will be anodizing it soon in black, and than spraying some details with paint. Can't wait to see it ready
    Your shock eyelet doesn't touch the seattube either when you are fully extended?
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large NS Essentric ALU
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '14 Large Knolly Endorphin
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    No, it doesn't. I was sceptical too until I tried. There are at least 5mm between the seat tube and the shock eyelet. I don't know how a little bit longer shock will affect how the suspension works when it compresses the shock, but it feels alright. The frame works great with the vivid air. Better than my previous fsr/horst link type of suspension.

if all its fine in a few rides, I will try using one offset bushing to bring the bb a bit lower.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    anyone got some confirmed info about changes on the 2017 rune frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiremux View Post
    anyone got some confirmed info about changes on the 2017 rune frame?
    2017 Banshee bikes: News, rumours, speculation etc
    Ѣ

mtbr member
    First ride today. I am happy. It climbs great, at rought stuff it s better than the nomad with no pedal feedback whatsoever. It corners on rails ( neutral settimg), to the point of puttinng a smile on your face with disbelive.
    Great bike. Two things i m Not so happy: first, i should have bought this frame a lot sooner
    2nd: didn t like the monarch. It was too harsh for my liking, maybe i used too much pressure, but i set it on 25%sag. It s a Mm, and while it felt ok on climbs / trails, it was too hard on dh trails. I ll reduce the psi and try again.

Anyway, i am happy to ride a banshee bike again!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Hope My awesome bike! Still going strong.

Love my Banshee Rune V2. Been riding with her for 2 years already. They ride pretty darn well and climb nice but I'm not a strong climber btw. This bike able to take from all mountain to gnarly downhill(i mean Chaing Mai downhill track and Jabeka Downhill track).

My next bike will be the Banshee Prime 2017 because it can use plus tires!

Currently now riding the lowest setting.

Wheelsets: Light Bicycle rim, DT swiss double butt spokes and Hope Pro 2 (44)
    Rear Shock: Vivid Air
    Fork: Manitou Mattoc Pro
    Pedal: Fireeye
    Crank: SLX with shimano BB
    Chain ring: Poiz Components
    Cassette: XT with wolftooth(40T) and KMC 10speed - Thinking of upgrading to Black cassette and black chain. hmmm
    Tires: Front High roller 2 Rear and Ardent 2 (27.5 x 2.4)
    Stems with handlebar: Transition(50mm) and Funn fatboy(750mm and 30mm rise)
    Seatpost: KS integra with raceface remote
    Saddle: Royal selle(Changing to SDG or Fabric)
    Grips: TMR imprint premiumBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-poc_2001.jpg
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-poc_2240.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-poc_2248.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Post Deleted
    Last edited by bansheeguy; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by drapeado View Post
    First ride today. I am happy. It climbs great, at rought stuff it s better than the nomad with no pedal feedback whatsoever. It corners on rails ( neutral settimg), to the point of puttinng a smile on your face with disbelive.
    Great bike. Two things i m Not so happy: first, i should have bought this frame a lot sooner
    2nd: didn t like the monarch. It was too harsh for my liking, maybe i used too much pressure, but i set it on 25%sag. It s a Mm, and while it felt ok on climbs / trails, it was too hard on dh trails. I ll reduce the psi and try again.

Anyway, i am happy to ride a banshee bike again!
    You may also want to play with the compression a bit. I also prefer my Rune with a bit less sag ~24/25%. I think it climbs and descends best at this position and also rides higher in the travel. To get the right feeling with a m/m tune, try backing the compression out to a more open setting. I think this works really well for most trails. Only time I like to kick up the compression a bit, is on really fast/loose trails as I think in these scenarios it helps add a bit of traction and control. Hope this helps! Enjoy the Rune!

mtbr member
    ^^^^
    Thx mate for your help
    Well, i had four red rubber rings inside the shock, so i have removed them all and i m starting from zero, and glad i did it cause had another ride today, and it felt great, sag at 30%, and using all the stroke travel when needed, jumps and drops. The rear wheel is glued to the trail and it s hard to put in words how this bike behaves: it s plush, but poppy and fast, all at the same time!!! Never, ever rode a bike like this, and while i don t give a sh#t about strava, still today as the bike felt so good i have crushed some PRs, having a lot of fun and smiles on the process. Love this thing!!!
    One regret: why did i took so long to buy a banshee? Just want to ride it more and more now!

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by drapeado View Post
    One regret: why did i took so long to buy a banshee? Just want to ride it more and more now!
    You're not the first and you won't be the last. Welcome to the world of Banshee..

mtbr member
    another stealth rune in XL with 222mm shock length for ~175mm of rear travel. Feels and works great with 180mm fork.
    It's a Vivid air with M/M tune without any rubber inside. ~30% sag and it feels soo great. I love the way the bike rides.

I am considering shortening the seat tube by 15mm, or removing a bigger piece of it together with the gusset which holds the long seat tube.

Has anyone used fox shock with corset air sleeve?

Here are some pics. enjoy .

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-17-1927.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-18-1947.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-18-1955.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-18-1956.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-18-1961.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-18-1963.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-18-1967.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-19-1975.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-19-1977.jpg
    Ѣ

mtbr member
    another stealth rune in XL with 222mm shock length for ~175mm of rear travel. Feels and works great with 180mm fork.
    No problem with warranty?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Super pics!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amrayo View Post
    No problem with warranty?
    it's 2013 frame and i am not first owner. I experiment without any concern.
    Ѣ

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Attachment 1104571Attachment 1104570

That's my XL rune with 222x70mm shock, rocking something like 178mm of rear travel. BB is 344mm high. It feels great. I am running the vivid with ~35% sag. The rear triangle doesn't touch the seat tube when bottomed out. it's 14,9kg with the synthace W40 26" rims(150x12 rear axle and 20mm front) and fox van 36 180mm fork. guide brakes and 1x10 shimano drivetrain.

will try fox float ctd 216 later on to see how both configurations compare...

Removed the original paint and will be anodizing it soon in black, and than spraying some details with paint. Can't wait to see it ready
    whats ur legs and arms length?

mtbr member
    Only have a couple of rides on mine, but to think 160mm isn t enough never crossed my mind!
    Anyone has some feedback about a bos kirk or even a float ctd, comparing with the debonair?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Daym i rly cant decide if the xl is fine for my choice, i spoke with seller and he says its to big for me and points on the table of size chart. Well between my current bike with 447 reach and banshee large with 455 is not a big difference.. I dont want to switch to bike with same size. I want to drop my 60mm stem for 35 or 40 which is not possible on my current set up, its dam short. I. 186cm tall with 89inseam, can i feel safe ordering the xl with 480reach?

mtbr member
    Daym i rly cant decide if the xl is fine for my choice, i spoke with seller and he says its to big for me and points on the table of size chart. Well between my current bike with 447 reach and banshee large with 455 is not a big difference.. I dont want to switch to bike with same size. I want to drop my 60mm stem for 35 or 40 which is not possible on my current set up, its dam short. I. 186cm tall with 89inseam, can i feel safe ordering the xl with 480reach?
    when in doubt, go smaller

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Yeah but as i said, number saying that ill have pretty much the same bike, even with 60mm stem atm im very cramped, cant find balance on jumps and corners. Banshee with couple of mm more wont fix that, i dont want to use 50 or 60mm stems..

mtbr member
    Hi, question to windv and shiremux - how did you fit that 222 shock there? Is it slightly compressed all the time?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    @midas, i dont have a Rune yet, im still deciding if i should get the frame AND if i do, should it be L or XL
    Anyway, i got a CCDB coil shock, anyone using it aswell with the rune? How it performs? I've heard that 20-30% of the end of travel is regressive, that would make a problem for a coil shock, any opinions?

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

I used a coil when I first got it. It wasn't bad. But you are right it regresses slightly toward the end of the stroke. I now use a jade and the bottom out bladder def helps when your deep in the travel.

I have a recalled X2 lying around if that's something or interest. I'm leaving the coil on because it's now a shuttle rig...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    What kind of bottom out bladder does it have? never seen this shock on my eyes, any more info about how it performs?

mtbr member
    It's a bladder system in the reservoir. Basically when the oil fills up in compression, the bladder starts compressing ramping up the compression rate.

It's been awesome! Consistent damping and although I'm bottoming out, it never feels harsh.

I just put it on a month or so ago since my x2 was unridable. So durability review is not quite there. But from what I gathered, self service looks pretty easy.

'16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Shiet, 2 bad Canecreek has "only" HSC to prevent bottoming out, right when i bought my CC there have been plenty of new fox x2 coil shocks on sale for pretty much less or the same as i paid. Never been lucky with my trades..
    Anyway, that slighlty reggresive curve made me rethink my decision about banshee...

mtbr member
    X2 is an air shock. Do you mean dhx?

If you are that concerned with the leverage rate, you could always put a two spring rate spring on there. When I have the cc coil, I never once bottomed hard. The rubber bumper does help the cause

The rune has been the most capable, fun bike I've owned.

'16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Yeah but as i said, number saying that ill have pretty much the same bike, even with 60mm stem atm im very cramped, cant find balance on jumps and corners. Banshee with couple of mm more wont fix that, i dont want to use 50 or 60mm stems..
    A 40mm stem on the XL will give you 13mm more reach than your current setup. Should achieve what you want but are there any stack height issues?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Shiet, 2 bad Canecreek has "only" HSC to prevent bottoming out, right when i bought my CC there have been plenty of new fox x2 coil shocks on sale for pretty much less or the same as i paid. Never been lucky with my trades..
    Anyway, that slighlty reggresive curve made me rethink my decision about banshee...
    Myself and three other guys I know run RC4's on our Runes. Another mate runs a CCDB coil. None of us have any issues at all, absolutely love how the coil performs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
    Myself and three other guys I know run RC4's on our Runes. Another mate runs a CCDB coil. None of us have any issues at all, absolutely love how the coil performs.
    I'm another big fan of coil on the Rune!

I'm running the MRP Raze coil w/ 400# spring on mine. I weigh about 190lbs geared up. I love the set-up, have never experienced a "harsh" bottom out, and I definitely use full travel when needed. I feel like the progressiveness of the frame is just about right with the coil. I do however run a bit less Sag with this Spring rate ~25% which is how I've always preferred all Banshee frames over the years of riding them. A lot about suspension set-up is personal preference and riding style.

Also for sizing, I'm 6'1" and ride a Large with a 35mm stem! Love it!

mtbr member
    I run a DVO jade coil, at least 2 others in Sandiego run the same.
    I also run 25% sag. 6'1" on a large with a 50mm. Love it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmj View Post
    I run a DVO jade coil, at least 2 others in Sandiego run the same.
    I also run 25% sag. 6'1" on a large with a 50mm. Love it.
    I love the jade!

I should get another +25 lb spring rate if all you guys like the 25%. I'm close to 30 right now

'16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    I got a good deal on my spring, If I was going to put any more money into it id probably get a dual spring rate that lets me run 25% sag with no preload. I'm about 185-190 riding weight, my spring is a 400 so Id go 400/450

mtbr member
    I got a good deal on my spring, If I was going to put any more money into it id probably get a dual spring rate that lets me run 25% sag with no preload. I'm about 185-190 riding weight, my spring is a 400 so Id go 400/450
    Yeah I'm 220 and run a 525 right now. Thinking about going to 550.

'16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I'm between 175 and 180 and was running a 400 spring that had me near 30%. Got a good deal on a 425 which is near on perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Junersun View Post
    Yeah I'm 220 and run a 525 right now. Thinking about going to 550.

Also remember steel springs can have quite a bit of variance/error. I've heard as much as +/- 5% is normal. That means my 400# could really be anywhere from 380#-420#, not sure how to know exactly without getting it tested. So 2 of the "same" spring rate could have very different actual results.

I guess what I'm getting at, it don't take our recommendations as "perfect advice". Always best to try options if possible.
    Last edited by bansheeguy; 1 Week Ago at 07:45 PM. Reason: Wrong facts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheeguy View Post
    Also remember steel springs can have quite a bit of variance/error. I've heard as much as +/- 5% is normal. That means my 400# could really be anywhere from 380#-420#, not sure how to know exactly without getting it tested. So 2 of the "same" spring rate could have very different actual results.

I guess what I'm getting at, it don't take our recommendations as "perfect advice". Always best to try options if possible.
    For sure. I'm using the sls springs.

'16 Banshee Rune
    '15 Large Ibis Mojo HD3
    '08 Jamis Dakar Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
    A 40mm stem on the XL will give you 13mm more reach than your current setup. Should achieve what you want but are there any stack height issues?
    On my current rig none, on new rune not sure, seat tube gonna little bit higher but they are overall shortened for the 2017 so i think its gonna be just fine.
    Dual spring rate spring? Where can i get those in the Europe?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheeguy View Post
    I'm another big fan of coil on the Rune!

I'm running the MRP Raze coil w/ 400# spring on mine. I weigh about 190lbs geared up. I love the set-up, have never experienced a "harsh" bottom out, and I definitely use full travel when needed. I feel like the progressiveness of the frame is just about right with the coil. I do however run a bit less Sag with this Spring rate ~25% which is how I've always preferred all Banshee frames over the years of riding them. A lot about suspension set-up is personal preference and riding style.

Also for sizing, I'm 6'1" and ride a Large with a 35mm stem! Love it!
    that seems very short reach for that stem with ur 6.1", do u do a lot of pedaling and climbs or mainly downs and bikeparks? Damn i cant fit on my 447 reach with 60 stem and feel like in a carton box that has no steering at all

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    that seems very short reach for that stem with ur 6.1", do u do a lot of pedaling and climbs or mainly downs and bikeparks? Damn i cant fit on my 447 reach with 60 stem and feel like in a carton box that has no steering at all
    I size my bikes for the standing "attach/neutral position", as in all reality, the times I'm standing are most of the fun ones, and the reason I ride a bike like the Rune! This is obviously within reason, as I don't want my knees knocking bars etc. when I am seated and climbing. I do plenty of climbing, not much at the park. This set up climbs great! I do prefer to be more upright when climbing so I ran roll my shoulders back and open up my lungs (opposite of traditional road style bike fits). Seat is slid forward in the rails and pointed down pretty far to be comfortable when moving forward on steep ups.

I think other components make a big difference too. Wide bars can massively change the feel. I'm running the 800mm SIXC bars, all though I keep threatening to cut them to 770 or 780 due to all the tight trails where I live, but haven't committed as I do love the feel of 800. I also run 170mm cranks for better pedal clearance in the rough stuff. I've got a 170mm MRP Stage fork, and about 1.25" of spacers under the stem, so a pretty high front end (MRP 170 is about the same axle to crown as a Pike 160) . So all in all, I guess you could say my set up is not very "traditional"! Works great for me though, and I've been setting up my Banshee's this way for years! I feel like I've got a super comfortable climbing position, and the bike rips in all ways coming back down! Playful, stable, nimble, the full package! I'm stoked!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    ^^^ On another note, if I was still racing, I might consider sizing up to a large as the longer wheelbase is a bit more forgiving at "stupid fast" speeds and probably faster over the long run when on the clock. However the XL's I've ridden weren't as playful for me, and I missed that when riding them, so it's an easy choice now that I don't race anymore.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Hi, question to windv and shiremux - how did you fit that 222 shock there? Is it slightly compressed all the time?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    it's not compressed. there are 2-3mm to the seat tube.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-23-1987.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-23-1991.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-23-1992.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-23-1993.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-11-23-1994.jpg
    Ѣ

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Sorry if this has been covered, have searched for a clear answer but can't seem to find it.

I have a '14 Rune. Wanting to switch to a 2x10 drivetrain.
    Which front derailleur suits the Rune?

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFishyNooooo View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered, have searched for a clear answer but can't seem to find it.

I have a '14 Rune. Wanting to switch to a 2x10 drivetrain.
    Which front derailleur suits the Rune?
    Take a look on the FAQ´s from the Banshee-Homepage.

Q: What front derailleur do you recommend?
    A: All the KS link all mountain bikes can accommodate 2×10 (Shimano and SRAM) and 3×10 (SRAM only) setups. Using only a low direct front derailleur with either a SRAM S3 or a Shimano 2012 and later E2 type with the BB shell plate removed will work. There are two cable stop positions… the middle is for SRAM and the driveside position is for Shimano.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Get a 50-10 cassete and never mind the 2x10 set up. The OneUp upgrade of the Shimano 11 speed cassete works realy well and is far cheaper than SRAM Eagle set up. Believe me, the 500% range is more than enough and will keep your handlebars clean.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Eventho i had to abandon my banshee project and pick cheaper frame strictly coz financial problems i gotta admit one thing, Banshee cusstomer support is damn great, never met a company that replied to all of my questions with so much effort and details.
    Once i get on a straight with $ ill surely get my hands on a new Rune '17

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859