Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 2271
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1
    Hi, did any of you have purchased using the Banshee update program?

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Holy Crap You're anal! Ill have mine in a week or so. If you're nice ill let you sit on it.

    Wait...that didn't come out right.
    In the end it's all about the fit and feel of the frame, no matter how good the bike is. I haven't bought a frame without riding it first in well over 6 yrs and Danshee said he is happy to take measurements, so I am hitting him up. That would be sweet to hop on yours once you get it. I am just antsty to get an order in and torn between sizes for the first time on a bike.
    Ride On!

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125
    Hey JGusta, 45.2cm from mid bars to tip of seat.

    I hope this helps.

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kalkhoffpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    147
    This whole thread is a good example why desktop mountainbiking can make you go crazy now and then. ...
    There is another bike I have in mind as a rival to the RUNE. It has 20mm more ETT but only 8mm more REACH than the RUNE. How is this possible when both bikes are measured with 160mm forks and do not differ too much in HT length? I cannot believe that -1degree in head angle could make for 12mm in lenght!? And reach has nothing to do with the seat angle - so what the fu**
    In my opinion there MUST be differences in how companys do their measurements. And thatīs one reason why we insist in measuring it all again with the help of the new owners....

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,897
    Reach has nothing to do with seat angle, but ETT does, it sounds like the other bike must have a slacker seat angle if conventional measurement techniques are used. Oh and if using conventional meaurements then head angle has no affect on either reach or ETT as they are both measured from the same point at top dead center of the head tube..
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kalkhoffpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Reach has nothing to do with seat angle, but ETT does, it sounds like the other bike must have a slacker seat angle if conventional measurement techniques are used. Oh and if using conventional meaurements then head angle has no affect on either reach or ETT as they are both measured from the same point at top dead center of the head tube..
    Thanks master you finally did it. I understand now...
    The seat angle differs in 1 degree. It is 73 instead of 74 and measured with my CAD program that is indeed enough for at least +10mm in ETT when based on aprox. 600mm virtual seattube lenght. Bingo! Shi* that was easy...

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    In the end it's all about the fit and feel of the frame, no matter how good the bike is. I haven't bought a frame without riding it first in well over 6 yrs and Danshee said he is happy to take measurements, so I am hitting him up. That would be sweet to hop on yours once you get it. I am just antsty to get an order in and torn between sizes for the first time on a bike.
    I know. Just giving you some ****.

    Personally the large V1 always felt a little short with a 50mm stem. I tried it with a 60 and didn't like it. I think the large V2 is going to be perfect for me. At my measurements I have never been a tweener for bike frames. And I have been riding MTB's since the mid 80's (though in the 80's I was about 4 feet tall). Larges have always worked for me. Looking at the geo for the large V2 it looks as though I am getting a bike that is playful and will feel straight up planted. I like the shorter stays as well (The V1 never manueled that great).

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Hey JGusta, 45.2cm from mid bars to tip of seat.

    I hope this helps.
    Sweet, thanks Danshee!

    Did you measure this with saddle in your lowest or most preferred descending position as this is quite similar to my current bike at 17.75" with my post in most commonly used lowest trail descent position (about 3.75" up from seat clamp, but my seat tube is >1" longer than V2 in same size).

    Thanks again man, you rule. Hope to hear of some new ride reports and pics in future!
    Ride On!

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Sweet, thanks Danshee!

    Did you measure this with saddle in your lowest or most preferred descending position as this is quite similar to my current bike at 17.75" with my post in most commonly used lowest trail descent position (about 3.75" up from seat clamp, but my seat tube is >1" longer than V2 in same size).

    Thanks again man, you rule. Hope to hear of some new ride reports and pics in future!
    No worries man, I measured it with the seat in my descending position.

    It's almost the weekend so I'll be out riding for most of it, I'm seriously itching to get out and ride because I've not been able to all week.

  10. #110
    Tmh
    Tmh is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    No worries man, I measured it with the seat in my descending position.

    It's almost the weekend so I'll be out riding for most of it, I'm seriously itching to get out and ride because I've not been able to all week.
    Could you measure it also at the highest riding position...?

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125
    Arrghhh. Would you like my shoe size as well?

    Just messing, I'll do it tonight.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JansonJanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    33
    i have never been ridn a rune, or a banshee bike.

    but i really like the support of the banshee guys, and the fact that the rune v2 has a xl frame!

    of course, i looked at the geometrie of the rune and it supposes a lot
    i think, get your ass on the bike, and it will tell you to stay or move on

    so i am really looking forward buildn up the bike, but i have 2 wait untill january, when the xl frames are here ...
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmh View Post
    Could you measure it also at the highest riding position...?
    With the Reverb fully extended it's 49.5cm from tip of saddle to mid bars.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    513
    no more talk, guys, this is supposed to be a gallery...


    I'm out for playing a bit... (sucks that it is already totally dark right now in Vienna...)

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    125
    Yeah!

    Looks great, are you going to be riding it this weekend? I wanna know what you think.

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    513
    you can bet I will...

    first impressions are.... well... impressive?
    sick ride...

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rokesoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Malcolm, What size is the frame?, Have you weighed it?

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    With the Reverb fully extended it's 49.5cm from tip of saddle to mid bars.
    Nice! Medium it is as those are both my ideal reach/saddle to bar length measurement for both climbing and descending with post raised and lowered. Sounds I can finally place my order now without anymore questions, thanks!
    Ride On!

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    513
    it is a large... and with the ctd shock and dropouts, it is arround 3,7kg, depending on wheter it is the standard dropouts, or the 142x12mm dropouts...

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rokesoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    Thanks, We are still waiting for the weight, size medium

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rokesoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21
    By the way, very nice Malcolm. Congrats.

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    513
    it has alll the parts coming off my old rune... the seatpost is just for my workstand... actually i am using a kindshock supernatural telescopic post...

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    ... actually i am using a kindshock supernatural telescopic post...
    Hope it doesn't crap out on ya as my KS Supernatural 150 has many a times now. That post sends me back to a standard post everytime and I only run dropper post if I absolutely have to as terrain dictates. Actually stoked I was able to do an Enduro race the other month without one and still placed 1st in my CAT. Straight up to mostly straight down rides, I don't bother with one. Waste of a product and weight, IMO as my KS is almost actually 1 lb heavier than my standard Thomson.

    Enjoy the ride, looks rad!
    Ride On!

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    513
    yeah i know the issues... mine has been without troubles so far... 150mm version it is as well...

  25. #125
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,004
    Looks awesome MalcomX!

    Where did you guys find the 150mm Levs?

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •