Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2960
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I run it in neutral.
    Tried the slack setting once and was annoyed with the pedal strikes I got.
    At the same time I was impressed with the even more impressive descendig abilities.

We don't have the gnarliest trails where I live and I also do a lot of pedalling uphill, so going back to neutral was the obvious choice.

As to how often I change the position: Basically never.
    I feel I have to readjust bar height and seat position aswell if I do.
    In total it's too much of a hassle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i dont swap to much but i really like the versatility to do it and is freaking awesome really change the feel of the bike drastically i recently swap to neutral and now i anjoying the uphill much more

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Mine's been in the slack setting since day one, can't really see a point when I'll need it to be tighter to be honest, although I do alternate between a 32t & 34t front ring depending where I'm heading.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune.jpg

Finally got my Rune. Using it for 2 weeks now. Loving the downhills, have to put extra effort on climbing though but still acceptable.

Currently using a 26" tires and i'm planning to convert to 27.5. If i want to go tubeless on a flow ex rims, will hans dampf fit it perfectly? Or better to use tube instead?

Thanks

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Hi Izi1, i am using hans dampf 2.35 tubeless on EX Flows, never had an issue. A few small burps when running too soft, but nothing really worth mentioning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    Hi Izi1, i am using hans dampf 2.35 tubeless on EX Flows, never had an issue. A few small burps when running too soft, but nothing really worth mentioning

Thanks for the reply... i will be getting the 2.25 since there are out of stock for 2.35

mtbr member
    So anyone else have this problem yet? Hit the back end hard yesterday and found the axle broke at the threads and the rear triangle spread open maybe 10mm. I may just order a Maxle to replace it, I've never broke one them.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-image.jpg
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Nope, I sure haven't! Just picked up the revised dropouts/axle/hangar, I noticed the thread of the short axle securing bolt is now thinner which might help mitigate what happened to you if there is more material. Was this the original or revised type?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    So anyone else have this problem yet? Hit the back end hard yesterday and found the axle broke at the threads and the rear triangle spread open maybe 10mm. I may just order a Maxle to replace it, I've never broke one them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	889016
    That failure can happen if the axle and or axle lock bolt are over tightened.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    That failure can happen if the axle and or axle lock bolt are over tightened.
    what is the torque spec?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    what is the torque spec?
    The torque specs are laser etched onto the end of the axle and the lock bolt. 8Nm for axle 3Nm for lock bolt.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    It was tightened with a small folding Allen key set, it wasn't over tightened and if that's all it took to over tighten it that it broke something's wrong.

I don't know now to tell which revision axle/dropouts I have. It's a 2013 V2

mtbr member
    I've seen axles break like that due to over tightening as well. Not saying thats what you did Dirtrider, just sharing my experience too.

On the plus side, I've also never broken a maxle!

mtbr member
    I've broken the Maxle on my Pike and a rear Maxle before. One might say I tend to "overdo" it a bit...

mtbr member

So a little off topic but still a Banshee question ? Where can I purchase some Banshee soft goods ?
    My brother rides Canfield and has just come back from the US with some really cool stuff, could we expect to see anything coming from Banshee in the near future ? Keith 😉

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i broke my rear axle 1 time cause i over tighten just a little bit but really just a bit now i have a torque wrench and is perfect

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

I don't think you overtorqued it, though that would cause a similar failure. I think it was 250# pounds of man ramming the rear wheel into a log between 15-20 MPH, which was the result of crashing, not intentional. I was right behind him and we were moving at a good clip when **** went wrong. Stuff made with weight in mind just isn't going to take that kind of abuse. That's my .02..............
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Yeah Ferguson, I hit HARD all on the drive side, I'm shocked nothing else was messed up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The same thing happened to me just recently. I clipped my pedal quite hard and axle broke in exact same manner.

I too typically tighten mine with a hand tool.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i have recently testing and riding other bikes bot as the rune but damn the rune feels so nice

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    don't get this. im a spitfire v2 rider and run it in slackest setting with a 13.0 inch bb height - hardly ever get pedal strikes but ive learnt to ratchet the cranks a bit get in half strokes here and there on rocky uphills. I never change dropout position either cos don't really need to - although if I had an all dayer planned with nothing but climbing and mild downhill then perhaps would run it steep. Banshee rocks!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    So a little off topic but still a Banshee question ? Where can I purchase some Banshee soft goods ?
    My brother rides Canfield and has just come back from the US with some really cool stuff, could we expect to see anything coming from Banshee in the near future ? Keith 
    I've got some designs in which I think you guys will like. We are ging to work on making these avaliable through our distribution network over the coming year.
    Last edited by builttoride; 04-29-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member

Thats good news Keith, looking forward to seeing them. I need some new soft goods "branded Banshee"

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I found a curious incompatibility between Rune ( and I persume Spitfire as well ) and shimano E2 front mechs.

I run 35/21 chainrings with shimano SLX 675 E2 front mech, designed for 38-26 rings.

It looks like this: ( only now differently because bashguard and other miscalleny ): at Local Trail in Wrocł;aw, Poland - photo by uzurpator - Pinkbike

Due to the size of the rings I had to move the mech as low on the mount as possible. Obviously. It turns out that the frame is not compatible with that mech so low. When I tightened the bolts the mech would jump upwards, moving it out of the proper position.

This resulted in unoptimal shifting performance and spontaneous untightening of the mech.

During the spring checkup of the bike I noticed that the backside of the mech is chamfered around the mount holes, and this material interferes with the E-type mount on the frame. Which suggests that the mount is out of spec

I took the dremel out, shaved off some material of the mech and now it sits securely on the mount, as low as humanly possible. Shifting is great.

BTW - Keith must really hate the granny the high gears on the cassette are impossible to use because the chain scrubs the frame. 11-34 cassette, saint 810 medium cage

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Random moutain biker : what frame is this?
    Me: it's a banshee
    Random moutain biker : it looks like the new nomad
    Me: (huge grin on my face) yeah and it comes with ccdb air cs too
    Random moutain biker :sweet
    Me: and all to be had at a fraction of the price of sc nomad
    Random moutain biker : not bad not bad.

Woodlot local
    I made a couple small changes to my Rune the other day that changed it from a bike I liked, to a bike I love.

I changed the chip in the drop out from lowest and slackest to highest and steepest. I also added 10psi to my rear shock.

Holy shiznit is my bike fun now. My bike now climbs like a billy goat and pops off roots like a rocket. I am running a Float CTD right now and keep it in climb mode because the other two settings suck arse.

I have learned first hand that low and slack rocks the DH but numbs out all the fun stuff on the trails.
    Last edited by BobRocket; 05-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Keeping a Fox CTD in Climb mode on a Banshee Rune is no way to go through life son

mtbr member
    Heh, good to see Bobrocket on a V2 -think he was the first guy in North America on a Rune V1 - those Fox CTD's are persnickety though, I'd suggest getting it PUSHed or send it to Avalanche to get better midstroke, or add a bigger spacer in the air can. I agree with Colins' Animal House reference...

Woodlot local
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    Keeping a Fox CTD in Climb mode on a Banshee Rune is no way to go through life son
    I beg to differ.

The trail and descend mode suck. I find the float has no control at high speed when things get rough. Keeping it in the climb mode prevents me from bottoming out and keeps things firm when pumping the trail. I can feel the rear swing arm just flop around in the descend mode when at high speed. I have more control, I'm faster and have more fun when I just keep it in the climb mode.

I have an ISX-6 that needs servicing that I much prefer over the Float CTD.

mtbr member
    No need to beg or differ, just pointing out what you already know...Fox CTD sux donkey balls.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    So I've been lurking on this build thread for about 6 months, basically as long as I have had my Banshee Rune. This bike was to be my bike for the downhill kind of riding but be able to still climb ie. not shuttle. So I'm only 5'6" and ended up with a medium, now I'm not sure if I should of gotten a small all the GEO numbers are bigger than anything I've ridden before and I just feel like its taking back in my ability just because of the size . Im running 40mmm stem, between wheelbase and BB height I'm just fighting it. I am running in middle setting didnt think the slackest would help that much... any inputs would be helpful, Thanks.

Woodlot local
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin+M View Post
    No need to beg or differ, just pointing out what you already know...Fox CTD sux donkey balls.
    Donkey Balls nails it (trail/descend). In climb it is pretty good.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2014-05-04_13_13_02.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Anyone riding the e13 TRS R crankset on his V2? I'm tempted to get them but not quite sure about the crank length. I'm currently riding XT 175mm on a M-frame which feels good (rather long legs), but wanted to give 170mm a try which gives me 5mm more space to those nasty rocks and roots on the ground. Does anyone have a recommendation?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

test test

test test

my banshee rune
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20140504_122558.jpg

mtbr member

Good clean fun

Calm like a Bomb
    Wondering, has anyone taken off the decals? If so , how hard?

Also, anyone know anyone who can make a custom set of decals?

Thx

mtbr member
    You can't on the raw frame. Not sure about the Ano frames. I peeled some of them off my old yellow Prime.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    on my black on black rune can be done but dont know how, on my rune the black banshee logo on the back of the seat tube every time i wash the bike little parts of the logo peel off but i think will be chill if i can put them on top of the original decals

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i have a question that i think i know the answer but for be sure for what are the two screws on the bottom of the tube on the rune?

mtbr member
    Water bottle, tool kit, etc

mtbr member
    Mine has no water bottle or tool kit mounts?

mtbr member
    I thought he was referring to the 2014 frames? Maybe not. I think the new Prime is supposed to have them...

mtbr member
    That would make sense that its new for 2014 as mine is a 2013.

mtbr member
    My Prime is 2013 as well so I don't have them either.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    wait wait all of you know what two screws i am talking about or not? mine is a 2014 frame

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-banshee-1.jpgthis two screws the ones in red circle

mtbr member
    See my original answer.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Fresh Rune build for the '14 season...

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-p4pb10929470.jpg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-p4pb10929469.jpg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-p4pb10929468.jpg

Frame: Banshee Rune, Large
    Shock: Rock Shox Monarch Plus/Cane Creek DBair CS
    Fork: Rock Shox Pike 160mm SA RCT3
    Headset: Banshee
    Stem: RF Atlas 50mm
    Bar: RF SIXC 785mm
    Grips: SDG
    Seat: Chromag Moon
    Cranks: RF Carbon Protos 32T N/W
    Chainguide: e*13 XCX+ S3
    Shifter: SRAM XX1
    Derailleur: SRAM XX1
    Cassette: SRAM XX1 10-42T
    Chain: SRAM XX1
    Brakes: SRAM Guide RSC 200/180mm
    Hubs: Stans HD
    Rims: Stans Flow EX 650B
    Tires: Schwalbe Magic Mary/Maxxis HR2 27.5x2.3 tubeless
    Pedals: RF Atlas

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Mine has no water bottle or tool kit mounts?
    They added them to all the 14 frames from what I understand. My 14 spitfire has them.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29