Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 ... LastLast
    FM
    luxatio erecta
    Can't say for sure on the Rune, but E13 chainguides clear the KS link on my Prime, but MRP's were a no go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    I don't have any problems with the G2 with my set up, XTR mid cage and 38t ring.
    I think the xtr mid cage is slightly longer than the Zee FR cage. When I install my mid cage SLX the chain clears the stay by about 1mm. With the zee it touches in the 36t and the 11t (when the derailleur arm is at its flattest extremes).

Oh also your G2 will be larger than mine if you're running a 38t (36-40) so your pulley will sit lower. I'm running the mini G2 (32-36).

Im thinking it's the combo of those two factors that let's yours works.
    Last edited by murrayf; 02-12-2013 at 02:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'd like to run an Avid Elixir with 185 mm as the rear brake for my Rune V2. Can anyone tell me what size the rear rotors may be before voiding the warranty? Would - theoretically - 200 mm still be okay? I know that the brake is attached to the droupouts which can be changed rather quickly in case anything goes wrong, however I'd like to be sure before assembling anything which is not covered under warranty.

Then: I've registered my Rune over at bansheebikes.com and have not received a confirmation mail. Anyone registered their ride using the web form and received any answer?

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Pinkbike review with DBAir XV

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post

Nice overview on Pinkbike.
    Most insightful! Looking fwd to the overview of the bike itself! Hoping Vital will do a test on the Spitfire/Rune also.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky221 View Post
    Most insightful! Looking fwd to the overview of the bike itself! Hoping Vital will do a test on the Spitfire/Rune also.
    Enjoyed reading this: we can only describe as the most capable air shock we've ever ridden, and we'd even go so far as to say that the DBair and 160mm travel Banshee Rune combo is a step ahead of pretty much any coil-sprung bike of similar size that we've spent time on
    I am also waiting for the bikes review, they tested it with 650 ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    Enjoyed reading this: we can only describe as the most capable air shock we've ever ridden, and we'd even go so far as to say that the DBair and 160mm travel Banshee Rune combo is a step ahead of pretty much any coil-sprung bike of similar size that we've spent time on
    I am also waiting for the bikes review, they tested it with 650 ...

Search for this:Banshee Rune 650B - Tested Pink Bike

Interesting what pops up......

mtbr member
    May 2005
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

_va
    mtbr member
    My local spot: http://thespot.pro/

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ok great. Now I might just have to sell both my Elka and the Fox CTD to fund one of these DB Airs. Thing looks like it could be a good replacement. Anyone know what the weight difference between the Fox CTD and the DB Air is?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Can anyone with a medium give me a rough idea of how long the steerer is on their forks?

ideally with an idea of the amount of spacers you are using etc, or even a pic of the setup.

Reason I ask is I have found a immaculate pair of 2012 Lyriks but the steerer is 185mm and I am wary of it being too short.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    That stuff is easy to figure out, just measure the height of your stem, add the head tube and add 1/4" of spacers for the heck of it.
    Spacers vary from person to person depending on you size, bike size, the terrain your riding etc.

Oh and forks don't come in pairs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry should have clarified.. I dont have the frame yet, so I cant measure the headtube... I can't find that measurement anywhere.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    cheers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The steerer of my Talas is 180 mm and I still have plenty of room

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayf View Post
    Note - the dropped chainstays on the Rune make it impossible to run the MRP G2 Mini in the correct position. I have it turned as far as it will go (anticlock) and the chain JUST clears the chainstay with an SLX GS rear mech, however with the Zee mech it does not because the chain doesnt get pulled downward enough from the guide pulley. So I had to remove the guide pulley and re-install my Bionicon guide. Works perfect, but isnt ideal.
    You could pickup the medium-angle backplate we make for the Mini G2SL ISCG-05 - that should solve the problem.

We also make the S4 guide, that should work well on the Rune, as will the new AMg. The Mini G3 fits, but just barely. I dunno about Micro, but my gut says it should work. I'll ask our UK distributor ISON, they also do Banshee now.

Nice ride!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Cool, think you may like it better. Should be a bit easier to climb on and quite possibly faster and more responsive on the descents. That is what I found going from slack to neutral on mine. The bike feels a little more lively and balanced to me in that setting, even at Blackrock. I did not like descending in the slack/lower setting as much, opposite of what you would think there. Think the suspension kinematics might possibly be optimized and tuned around the neutral setting. Just a guess, but that is my observation so far. I may go back to the slack setting for annual bike park trip this summer.
    tending towards that opinion as well... the bike rides beautifully in neutral setting with 170mm lyrik (no angle set)
    with slack setting, it seems a bit exegerated geometrywise... but I need a bit more testing...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Hey all,
    In the past year or so I've ridden a Solid Mission 9, 2Stage Elite 9, Giant Glory, Giant Reign, Cube Fritzz, Trek Remedy, Orange Alpine 160 and all versions of the Rune( Just to give you an idea of what I'm used to riding although I'll be comparing the V2 to the previous versions of the Rune in this review ).
    It would be great if you can compare the Cube Fritzz with Rune v2!

I'm currently riding a Fritzz and thinking of buying a Rune v2.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc00998.jpg

Heres mine almost done.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Resnick: What frame size is that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    You get one dropout option of your choice with the frame, which includes flip chips, and Banshee axle if applicable. You have to specify which dropouts you want when you order the frame.

ISON, the UK distributor are telling people you dont get a choice, just 142, buy the others for 80 if you dont want 142. Is this right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Medium

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I got the Banshee Rune with the CCDB Air and I finished building the frame today. I was about to go ride it tomorrow for the first time but I noticed some tolerance in the rear bushing of the CCDB. I can easily reproduce it when I lift the bike holding one hand at the seat tube. Is this a known problem? Is this an issue after all?

mtbr member
    This is my new Rune...

Size M, CCDB, and XX1.
    Weight: 13,8Kg - 30,42 lb

Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 ... LastLast