Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 3,101 to 3,129 of 3129
  1. #3101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    169
    Finished my 4th Rune last week. Clocking in at 14.3 kg. Looking forward to changing cranksets and the casette for saving weight. Current goal: sub 14kg. Wheels are rather heavy and the reverb with its 170mm, too.
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_6181.jpg

  2. #3102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    145
    Can somebody with a 2016 rune check to see which side of the lower pivot the RS marking is supposed to be on. I don't think it matters which side of the upper pivot the R is on but check that as well.

  3. #3103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ryanmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    I just finished my build:

    2017 X-large frame w/ natural finish

    Pike 150mm boost (for now, will change to 160mm once the parts show up)
    DHX2 with 500lb coil
    650b stans arch wheel set
    Minion DHF 2.5 and DHR2 2.4
    1x11 w/ RF cinch crank and 30t chain ring and 11/46 sun race cassette
    Zee brakes and 203mm rotors
    KS dropper





    I am 6'2" and the frame feels perfect.
    I'm 6'2" as well but on a large, I've always wondered if an xl would suit me better

  4. #3104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Junersun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmj View Post
    Can somebody with a 2016 rune check to see which side of the lower pivot the RS marking is supposed to be on. I don't think it matters which side of the upper pivot the R is on but check that as well.
    Non drive side


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Deity Cryptkeeper
    '16 YT Tues
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '15 NS Essentric
    '15 Ibis HD3
    '14 Knolly Endorphin
    '08 Jamis Dakar

  5. #3105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by saintberry View Post
    So I ended up going with an elevensix. I got a good deal on it and they do a tune for the Rune. It also has a climb switch so I'm happy.

    Thanks for the advice. I hope it rips!
    Just curious, what qualifies as a good deal on an elevensix?

  6. #3106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
    I just finished my build:

    2017 X-large frame w/ natural finish

    Pike 150mm boost (for now, will change to 160mm once the parts show up)
    DHX2 with 500lb coil
    650b stans arch wheel set
    Minion DHF 2.5 and DHR2 2.4
    1x11 w/ RF cinch crank and 30t chain ring and 11/46 sun race cassette
    Zee brakes and 203mm rotors
    KS dropper





    I am 6'2" and the frame feels perfect.
    Nice build. Reason for Arch over Flow?

  7. #3107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67
    I went with what i knew would fit the rear. I would love to run the wider Flows with some 2.8 tires but not entirely certain they will fit the rear.

  8. #3108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12
    I'm building a 17 rune up with 2.6 inch specialized tires, they fit the chain stays with no issues, the linkage is pretty tight but I'll wrap it with something. I put a maxxis 2.5 dhf wt in just for comparison and they aren't quite as tall so 2.8's may work. Honestly though the new 2.6 specialized tires in the grid casing are amazing, and cheaper than the rest. Insane grip and no noticeable bounce like some of the bigger tires out there.

  9. #3109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12
    Forgot to mention my wheels are 31mm id, tires are pretty huge, I'll put some pics up when the build is done.

  10. #3110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dirtrider76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,833
    I ran 2.7 Minion f/ 2.7 HR rear on 30mm rims with no issue on my V2 years ago
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

  11. #3111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67
    ^^good to know. I came from a 650b plus bike with 3.0 wide tires which was pretty cool. I would love to build another wider wheel set with wider tires to switch back and forth.

  12. #3112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    169
    Can someone help me out? Still waiting for the 20mm bushing from Cane Creek, so I used a bushing from Rock Show which fits nice. I'm still having spacers from Cane Creek which I'd like to use, however, I'm not sure which one to apply to the bushing. Can someone measure them for me if anyone is riding this setup?

  13. #3113
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Creg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    What is the fox shock hardware needed for the rune? I can't see any 40x8 or 20x8 sizes, they all seem to be imperial widths Fox Shox Polymer Du Bushing Reducer Kit > Components > Forks & Suspension > Service Kits & Parts | Jenson USA

  14. #3114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Creg View Post
    What is the fox shock hardware needed for the rune? I can't see any 40x8 or 20x8 sizes, they all seem to be imperial widths Fox Shox Polymer Du Bushing Reducer Kit > Components > Forks & Suspension > Service Kits & Parts | Jenson USA
    Are you building a 2017? 39.88 will be fine for the triangle end.

  15. #3115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Creg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
    Are you building a 2017? 39.88 will be fine for the triangle end.
    Yeah a 17, thinking of fitting an x2

  16. #3116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Creg View Post
    Yeah a 17, thinking of fitting an x2
    Message Banshee on FB. See if 19.05mm will work on the front?

  17. #3117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67

  18. #3118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,093
    19.05mm will work on the front... although would be better if Fox would offer metric sizing more readily to be honest.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  19. #3119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
    Just curious, what qualifies as a good deal on an elevensix?
    $1050 AUD - had to buy with the frame to get that price. They retail for about $1700 AUD in Australia.

  20. #3120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by saintberry View Post
    $1050 AUD - had to buy with the frame to get that price. They retail for about $1700 AUD in Australia.
    That's a good deal.

  21. #3121
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Creg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    19.05mm will work on the front... although would be better if Fox would offer metric sizing more readily to be honest.
    Can/should I just use the rockshox hardware? Squeezing the front mount by 1mm sounds a bit ghetto, I'd rather stick two 0.5mm washers in. Or maybe I should consider another shock?

  22. #3122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    67
    I picked up some 8mm ID shims from eBay. These shims are used for shimming the differentials for rc cars.

    https://www.ebay.com/p/Kyosho-96644-...-10/1322628012

  23. #3123
    Braaap
    Reputation: DirtMerchantBicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    407
    My advice would be to use the 20mm length axle that comes with the RS shocks and replace the 2 outer spacers with Cane Creek spacers. They are 2.5mm or 3mm wide, many Cane Creek hardware kits will stack these spacers in order to get the final width needed. Unlike the included RS spacers, the ID is properly sized and will not rattle around the axle.

    If you're starting from scratch and did not purchase a shock with the frame, you can:
    1. Have Cane Creek cut hardware to 20mm.
    2. Use Manitou's m8x20mm 2-piece hardware (Manitou part #:85-6256, available through BTI)
    3. Use 19mm hardware
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

  24. #3124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Creg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    231
    ^^^ Thanks!

  25. #3125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    127
    These guys do made to order hardware, great pricing too.

    http://www.proshox.com

  26. #3126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    412
    I am not sure how geometry works that much but if I went from my 170mm RC3 55 fork to a 150mm or even a 160mm 27.5" fork but kept my 26" wheels with my V2 Rune, would the bottom bracket lower that much? I am in need of a new fork but it seems most of the forks out there these days are for 27.5" wheels and I do not want to have to buy a new wheel set.

  27. #3127
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Junersun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    I am not sure how geometry works that much but if I went from my 170mm RC3 55 fork to a 150mm or even a 160mm 27.5" fork but kept my 26" wheels with my V2 Rune, would the bottom bracket lower that much? I am in need of a new fork but it seems most of the forks out there these days are for 27.5" wheels and I do not want to have to buy a new wheel set.
    I would research what the A-C distance is between forks. If you keep that the same then your geometry won't change.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Deity Cryptkeeper
    '16 YT Tues
    '16 Banshee Rune
    '15 NS Essentric
    '15 Ibis HD3
    '14 Knolly Endorphin
    '08 Jamis Dakar

  28. #3128
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    412
    Nvm

  29. #3129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11
    had my rune for a few weeks now, its great...Kinda struggling with cornering with it though compared to my spitfire. I guess theh 65 HA means I really gotta get over the front and lean it over...

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Members who have read this thread: 206

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •