Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2960
    mtbr member
    And if it helps any I'm on a Spitfire with 32t 11-36. I'm not that fit. The rear suspension action and frame geometry help a lot with making the climbs easier. I'm on 160 Talas and never run the low setting. Compared to my old Tracer with 140mm fork but equivalent weights/gearing the Spitty wins hands down.

mtbr member

Hans Dampf 2.35 650B on X-Fusion Vengeance ?

Hi all you Banshee owners and those with more experience than me , I know that this has probably been asked before but if anyone has any definitive insight , please share.

I will be fitting a X-Fusion Vengeance HLR to my new frame when it arrives and will be running Hope / Stans Flow 650b. I have got a set of Schwalbe Hans Dampf's 2.35. Will I need any adjustments to the fork or will the clearance be sufficient. I have heard that the clearance at the crown is very little.

Thanks
    Dale

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I've been running same set-up 650b with Hans Dampf 2.35 and High-Roller II 2.3 fit no problems. Plenty of clearance all round. No need to adjust.

Using arch mudguard is a bit tight but works fine in the last month of mud.

Found running the forks set at 170mm travel the axle-crown height was too high, setting at 150mm travel gave best stack height, bottom bracket height, steering angle etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    Hi all you Banshee owners and those with more experience than me , I know that this has probably been asked before but if anyone has any definitive insight , please share.

I will be fitting a X-Fusion Vengeance HLR to my new frame when it arrives and will be running Hope / Stans Flow 650b. I have got a set of Schwalbe Hans Dampf's 2.35. Will I need any adjustments to the fork or will the clearance be sufficient. I have heard that the clearance at the crown is very little.

Thanks
    Dale

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Nice to see you back AdrianoMTB - great build!

Did you go for 150mm or 160mm pike?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Hi guys! from the first rune i Posted it here... here it comes my new one...

Flow ex 650b rims
    size L
    x01 full black
    R.S Pike rt3
    ccdb air cs

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Some really sweet looking bikes on this thread.
    Not seen any on here with the new Fox Float X shock yet. Anyone got one? How is it working so far with the Rune?
    Hopefully my frame should be here this week. Just waiting then on the X-Fusion Sweep fork to show up...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    I've been running same set-up 650b with Hans Dampf 2.35 and High-Roller II 2.3 fit no problems. Plenty of clearance all round. No need to adjust.

Using arch mudguard is a bit tight but works fine in the last month of mud.

Found running the forks set at 170mm travel the axle-crown height was too high, setting at 150mm travel gave best stack height, bottom bracket height, steering angle etc.
    Hi ptd , thanks for the feedback , Do you have the HLR Coil ? Thats what Ive ordered , if so how do you make the travel adjustments ?

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi ptd , thanks for the feedback , Do you have the HLR Coil ? Thats what Ive ordered , if so how do you make the travel adjustments ?
    I have the air spring, but you can adjust the travel on the coil also.

Edit: At least their website says you can adjust the coil travel with the travel adjust - maybe someone with the coil can confirm?

X-Fusion call it the 'ladder adjust'.
    http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...vel-Adjust.pdf

Edit: These instructions are right - but instruction #16 showing the different travel positions are a bit old. The forks are max 170mm with 20mm steps, so the next one down is 150mm. My memory is a bit vague I've only opened mine once, but I think the 170mm/160mm option is achieved by a 10mm 'travel reducer' in the bottom of the fork rather than the ladder adjust.

It's easy, but you need a nice press (like an arbor press) to get the pin in and out - that's the only tricky bit.

mtbr member
    I have the air spring, but you can adjust the travel on the coil also.

X-Fusion call it the 'ladder adjust'.
    http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...vel-Adjust.pdf

Edit: These instructions are right - but instruction #16 showing the different travel positions are a bit old. The forks are max 170mm with 20mm steps, so the next one down is 150mm.

It's easy, but you need a nice press (like an arbor press) to get the pin in and out - that's the only tricky bit.
    Thanks for the reply . Not to keen on going to 150 , I don't have the fork yet , wondering if I shouldn't change that for a 160 Pike ? I am a heavy rider and was hoping to have a do it all bike that was equally capable in the bike park hence my interest in the vengeance coil 170 ...

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the reply . Not to keen on going to 150 , I don't have the fork yet , wondering if I shouldn't change that for a 160 Pike ? I am a heavy rider and was hoping to have a do it all bike that was equally capable in the bike park hence my interest in the vengeance coil 170 ...
    Yeah I was reluctant to loose the 20mm but I must admit the forks are really composed and I don't miss the travel.

I'm tempted on the Pike myself for weight saving only, and would choose the 150mm for the lower axle-crown so I can set the back dropouts to slack more often.

That's my current theory anyway!

mtbr member
    Yeah I was reluctant to loose the 20mm but I must admit the forks are really composed and I don't miss the travel.

I'm tempted on the Pike myself for weight saving only, and would choose the 150mm for the lower axle-crown so I can set the back dropouts to slack more often.

That's my current theory anyway!
    Thats good to hear. I'm not too bothered about weight as I could probably lose a few pounds myself Have you had any time on the Pike ? and if so how would you rate the performance difference between that and the vengeance ?

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thats good to hear. I'm not too bothered about weight as I could probably lose a few pounds myself Have you had any time on the Pike ? and if so how would you rate the performance difference between that and the vengeance ?
    No time on the Pike, only the glowing user reviews to go by and a few odd reports about bushings. I'm a sucker for marketing!

I'd rate the Vengeance highly, for example they make me happy like Fox 40s, maybe even more noticeable high and low speed compression adjustments.

If I could choose now it'd be Pike only for weight, Vengeance performance and reliability has been great, and fun to ride!

mtbr member
    No time on the Pike, only the glowing user reviews to go by and a few odd reports about bushings. I'm a sucker for marketing!

I'd rate the Vengeance highly, for example they make me happy like Fox 40s, maybe even more noticeable high and low speed compression adjustments.

If I could choose now it'd be Pike only for weight, Vengeance performance and reliability has been great, and fun to ride!
    Brilliant , Thanks for the replies

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by T.PEDRO View Post
    What do you feel with the 32t ? Do you have enough speed when downhill and it's not too hard when you uphill ?
    Iīve to admit that none of the climbs on my current setup was more than 250 vertical meters but till now I didnīt really realize any difference while climbing. On the parts of the climbs where I used the first gear of my old setup, I get along with 32/42t pretty well. Feels the same to me even if itīs different on paper.
    Iīm shifting to the second or third gear in same spots where I shifted befor but at this point, I can feel the difference because of the wider spread.
    Iīm running 42-35-29-24-21-19-17-15-13-11.

On the fast side of the gears, there is one missing. But...I honestly never used 36/11 in the field. If Iīm that fast, I have other things to do than to pedal

On the verry few transfers to or from my hometrails where I used this gear, I can still pedal with 32/11t without spinning out.

I see it this way: The Rune is no streetfighter an maybe not even an AM rig?! If I really need a bigger gear on time, Iīm either in the wrong place or I should consider turning Enduro-Pro

If I were a bit more powerfull, I would probably thingk about a 34t up front but currently I see no need for this, and the chainline while climbing is bad enought right now

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    hi to all i am waiting for my 2014 rune frame i have almost all parts right know i am reading this entire topic loool also this is my firts build and i buy a 26/39 and a 24/38 with a 11/32 cassette is this setup will be hard to climbing ? also it will be posible to only change the 26 for the 24 lol only ? sorry about my english thanks in advance
    Last edited by MAFIA; 11-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    We will be shipping a limited run of orange runes soon... (this frame pictured was a proto sample).
    or @ NoStyle

can you re-post a picture of the orange rune...i dont know if i could resist purchasing an orange rune...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Sorry, unfortunately it was only a Link that doesnīt work anymore. I havenīt saved it, so canīt re-post it.
    Hopefully someone has it or another one to post up here!

mtbr member

R: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Here it is

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    wow orange rune looks sick sick

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hi guys, first post on this forum. So far i have learnt a lot, hopefully pick up some more!!

I am awaiting my 2014 Rune frame, and starting to look at the build.

So far im sold on XX1 drivetrain, and 160mm Pike up front.

Anyone able to give me the specs on the headset i going to need to run the Pike? Im looking at either Cane Creek or Chris King.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensnips3 View Post
    Anyone able to give me the specs on the headset i going to need to run the Pike? Im looking at either Cane Creek or Chris King.
    SHIS zero stack tapered steerer:
    Upper: ZS 44/28.6
    Lower ZS 56/40

I have the cane creek 40, lower bearing gets lots of muck, might suggest the 110 as it apparently has better sealing but I haven't tried one.

Edit: This looks like the right Chris King one
    http://chrisking.com/files/upload/he...-Fit-Guide.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for the info.

Cant wait to get it all together.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    When I build my rune I had troubles aligning rear brake as it was too far out. To position it properly I used 2mm shims between dropout and brake adapter.

My dropouts are 26" 142x12. Hub is hope 2 pro evo.
    Is it normal?

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tene View Post
    When I build my rune I had troubles aligning rear brake as it was too far out. To position it properly I used 2mm shims which was in box with changuide.

My dropouts are 26" 142x12. Hub is hope 2 pro evo.
    Is it normal?
    There were apparently a few issues with the earlier dropouts (see earlier in this thread) which the new revised dropouts resolve.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, couldn't find an active V1 build thread. I'm looking at buying the shock that was on a 2011 Rune. It's the Monarch 4.2, anyone know what compression and rebound tune it would have been set at, or maybe what tune the 2011 Rune calls for? All that the shock days on it is 75 PSI

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Is there any official measurement on the rune 2014 yet? How much weight does it save (vs. rune v2 2013).

Tmh
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    No weight savings. 2014 is more or less the same as 2013.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Not sure if this has been discussed but just a thought.

I can currently get a Rune V2 with CCDBA or Spitfire V2 with Fox CTD. Both roughly the same price, but shocks are different.

My riding probably does not require or even justify Rune, mostly trail with very rare trail/bike centres.

The question is: if I get a Rune and build it up with Works Components angleset to steepen the head angle rather than slackening it, and keep riding the CCDB with smaller air chamber to keep the suspension more lively, will this be effectively Spitfire? There are some geo differences, namely Rune has very slighly shorter chainstays and ETT, but it should not make that much of a difference?

Weight is quite similar between the frames and does not really concern me too much.

Or should I just stop making things up and get a Spitfire with Fox CTD rather than Rune with CCDBa?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've got a spitfire now and I'm currently waiting for my rune. Both had ccdb because I hate fox shox after owning many. Get the spitfire sell the fox and get a rockshox or x fusion. You won't look back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the advice AllenB.

I have a vague feeling that I've been in touch with you on Pinkbike re: your Raw 650b Spitfire?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Haha! I'm everywhere. Yep that's me. Rune should be tomorrow. I'm getting my rune so I can start doing uplifts again.

Stripping spitty tonight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Oh and the tt on a large is 615 for both rune and spitty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Website says 610 Rune and 615 Spitty?

I was under the impression that they have the same wheelbase and due to slacker angles Rune logically has slightly shorter ETT and reach too.

mtbr member
    Anyone run into this yet? 26x2.4 Trailking with the dropouts in the highest/least slack setting the tire rubs the bottom triangle brace. I know theres a handfull of other tires this large, curious what else hit's. It probly clears by 1/4 inch in the middle position just not in the highest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune-tire-clearance.jpg  

I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Is this a 650B/27.5 Tire?
    Honestly, with my 26 Highroller II 2.4 in the 26 Dropouts there is around 20 mm of Clearance. Although I have a Spitfire and the Rear-Triangle might be different ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Honestly, with my 26 Highroller II 2.4 in the 26 Dropouts there is around 20 mm of Clearance. Although I have a Spitfire and the Rear-Triangle might be different ...
    No it's a 26x2.4 conti trailking. It fits fine with the flip chips in the middle position. I have a HRII 26x2.4 here it's a good bit smaller.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    So you have an all different setup...
    what do you want to prove with this?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 94krawler View Post
    No it's a 26x2.4 conti trailking. It fits fine with the flip chips in the middle position. I have a HRII 26x2.4 here it's a good bit smaller.
    That's strange. I once tested a 2,5 Conti Baron (DH) tire in the highest setting in my v2. There was definitely enough clearance. I can't even imagine a tire that would not fit...(fatbike tires excluded*g*)

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezKneez View Post
    So you have an all different setup...
    what do you want to prove with this?
    Prove? Hmmm ... as mentioned, the Spitfire Rear-Triangle might be a bit different, not sure about that, but Iīm really curious because there is plenty of Clearance for a 26" Tire. So much that I can run a 2.3 650B-Tire in the regular 26 Dropouts. Clearance is only limited by the square middle Brace, but not by the upper or lower ones. Again: Maybe the Rune is different! Just wondering if the 2.4 Trailking has a so much higher Carcass than the 26 2.4 Highroller II on a friendīs Rune, which clears fine in all Flip-Chip-Settings ...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Evteev View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed but just a thought.

I can currently get a Rune V2 with CCDBA or Spitfire V2 with Fox CTD. Both roughly the same price, but shocks are different.

My riding probably does not require or even justify Rune, mostly trail with very rare trail/bike centres.

The question is: if I get a Rune and build it up with Works Components angleset to steepen the head angle rather than slackening it, and keep riding the CCDB with smaller air chamber to keep the suspension more lively, will this be effectively Spitfire? There are some geo differences, namely Rune has very slighly shorter chainstays and ETT, but it should not make that much of a difference?

Weight is quite similar between the frames and does not really concern me too much.

Or should I just stop making things up and get a Spitfire with Fox CTD rather than Rune with CCDBa?
    Shock-Option aside - My impression is that if your Riding doesnīt require a Rune the Spitfire might be more suitable for you. To steepen up a Rune makes it not a possible Spitfire, as there are Differences in Rear-Travel (the Spitfire is more firmer overall) and Geometry (Reach, ETT, HA and BB-Height). The Rune will get a higher BB and slacker Seatangles, which is somehow senseless.
    Is there no Possibility to get a Spitfire with CCDB?

mtbr member
    Prove? Hmmm ... as mentioned, the Spitfire Rear-Triangle might be a bit different, not sure about that, but Iīm really curious because there is plenty of Clearance for a 26" Tire. So much that I can run a 2.3 650B-Tire in the regular 26 Dropouts. Clearance is only limited by the square middle Brace, but not by the upper or lower ones. Again: Maybe the Rune is different! Just wondering if the 2.4 Trailking has a so much higher Carcass than the 26 2.4 Highroller II on a friendīs Rune, which clears fine in all Flip-Chip-Settings ...
    The Trailking is 27.25 tall overall. It's nearly a half inch taller than a 2.5 minion. Sorry the Minion is the only other tire on a wheel right now. I never tried moving my flip chip's to the least slack angle before and when you do it moves the tire forward and down in the frame. Its not a huge deal but I was curious if anyone else ran into this with any other tires.

FWIW I do have 650b dropouts I could swap on but the short chainstay is nice. Putting on a 650b dropout to fit a 26" tires seems silly let alone gaining .4 of a inch of chainstay to do it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Does someone use 2x9 setup?

I installed 36x22 chainset and 11-32 cassete. It seems like mid cage derailleur's limit is 22x18 if i shift to smaller cog chain will lose all tension.
    Maybe I doing something wrong, but I can not shorten chain, as it would be too short for 36-32 with compressed suspension. But mig cage worked just fine on Giant Reign even with 11-34 cassete.

I read that people use 2x10 - does it work on all cassete cogs?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm finally i have my Banshee Rune 2014 back/black

i receive my banshee rune today from www.rbikes.com. and i will build this weekend with old my love my beautiful bike i already install the CCDB and richard bikes send me the frame with the chris king headset installed so i have a job less to do

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by tene View Post
    Does someone use 2x9 setup?

I installed 36x22 chainset and 11-32 cassete. It seems like mid cage derailleur's limit is 22x18 if i shift to smaller cog chain will lose all tension.
    Maybe I doing something wrong, but I can not shorten chain, as it would be too short for 36-32 with compressed suspension. But mig cage worked just fine on Giant Reign even with 11-34 cassete.

I read that people use 2x10 - does it work on all cassete cogs?
    Iīm using oldskool 2x9 XT Shadow (GS = mid Cage Derailleur) on my Spitfire and there is no Issue at all. I went the way to keep the Chain as long as possible plus Guide. A Bike-Mate of mine has 2x10 XT Shadow + (mid Cage) on his Rune and same here - no Issues while shifting through all Gears ...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by 94krawler View Post
    The Trailking is 27.25 tall overall. It's nearly a half inch taller than a 2.5 minion. Sorry the Minion is the only other tire on a wheel right now. I never tried moving my flip chip's to the least slack angle before and when you do it moves the tire forward and down in the frame. Its not a huge deal but I was curious if anyone else ran into this with any other tires.

FWIW I do have 650b dropouts I could swap on but the short chainstay is nice. Putting on a 650b dropout to fit a 26" tires seems silly let alone gaining .4 of a inch of chainstay to do it.
    Yes, running 650B Dropouts to fit a overtall 2.6 Tire doesnīt make Sense.
    By the way - here is an interesting Review:

BANSHEE RUNE bike test The trail thug!

In this Review the Tester runs 650B (!) Highroller II (2.4?) in the 26 Dropouts and has no Clearance-Issues, at least in the slack Setting.

Tough to say swap the rear Trailking for another Tire, but it seems this Tire has a much higher Carcass than Maxxis or Schwalbe. And like Grazertourer has mentioned - a 2.5 Conti Baron is even bigger/taller than the others and does fit.

Edgar
    Jan 2010
    Hi,

Soon I'll have here the full spec list. I'm still working on some components.
    I've chosen the Bos Kirk instead of CCDB just to save some weight. Now let's see how does the Kirk handle the job...
    I'll be also running it in 26''

mtbr member
    These black on black frames are nice! That Kirk shock looks superb in that frame!!!

mtbr member
    Yes, running 650B Dropouts to fit a overtall 2.6 Tire doesnīt make Sense.
    By the way - here is an interesting Review:

BANSHEE RUNE bike test The trail thug!

In this Review the Tester runs 650B (!) Highroller II (2.4?) in the 26 Dropouts and has no Clearance-Issues, at least in the slack Setting.

Tough to say swap the rear Trailking for another Tire, but it seems this Tire has a much higher Carcass than Maxxis or Schwalbe. And like Grazertourer has mentioned - a 2.5 Conti Baron is even bigger/taller than the others and does fit.
    Yup that totally makes sense, look at the your dropouts. As the dropout moves further into the slack position theres more tire clearance at the bottom of the swing arm. Theres a few other tires with large volume casings, The Ardent 2.4 comes to mind. Just curious if anyone else knew of anything else hitting.

mtbr member
    I pulled my CTD for warranty and swapped on a DHX5.0 I had kicking around. Its 1/4inch longer and has 1/4inch more travel. Compressed distance is the same and I cycled it and nothing bind's. Is it going to be OK to run this till my CTD comes back? I cant see a reason not to run it unless its going to void my warranty or something.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

can get to fit right

i cant get my rune to fit right this is my parts sram x0 gxp 26/39 and sram 1099 11/32 with sram x0 medium cage type 2 derraileur and xx front derraileur 26/39 direct mount s3 bottom pull and chris king gxp sram mtb BB but i can't get all this work together the the shifter do not change well and even the chain is slightly touching the swing arm when i rotate the pedals so do i do something wrong i try everything and a friend of mine that know more than me try and nothing i will have to go to a local bike shop for the first time loool Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_0713.jpg
    anyone with any idea?