Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast
    ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _va View Post
    What will accept the shock-absorber for rune v2 better? Standard CCDBair or The Lounge | Chatter | Introducing the XV ?
    Standard in my experience after finding I like the standard with large air volume reducer over no volume reducer.
    The XV would need 3 volume reducers for me!

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by _va View Post
    What will accept the shock-absorber for rune v2 better? Standard CCDBair or The Lounge | Chatter | Introducing the XV ?

I noticed in posts from builttoride regarding DBair settings he mentions the Xvol can:

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride
    Rune spec for the DBair is Xvol can with 1 large volume spacer. Base settings are as follows:

LSR - 14 clicks in
    LSC - 10 clicks in
    HSR - 2 turns in
    HSC - 2 turns in

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Willanholly View Post
    I noticed in posts from builttoride regarding DBair settings he mentions the Xvol can:
    Interesting... my frame was supplied with 'standard' not XV, so the base settings are for the new XV not supplied 'standard'?

Not that it matters much, I followed the suggest base then just tuned away..!

I assumed Xvol in the post from builttoride just mean 'high volume air shock' that the 'standard' DBair can also be referred to as?

So many internet confusions..

I must like a progressive shock?!

Group Hug Participant
    Nice! Your quick review justifies my my personal predictions on this bike. I've ridden FM's Prime and my initial reaction was it seemed like an "overly solid downhiller's all-mountain bike." Granted, it was oversprung for my weight. I imagine the Rune will feel the same but with a much smaller cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    I like it. Simply put it feels like you'd expect, and is close enough to what the various 650b reviews/tests suggest:

> Repetitive 'medium hits' or chatter - Feels smoother and faster
    > Cornering traction - The jury is out on this, the bike has so many other changes it'd be hard to justify simple 'yes'. But anyway, it feels more like stability increase rather than pure traction, perhaps that's the same thing anyway?
    > Flickable - The bike feels a bit bigger, rather than anything noticeable from the wheels stopping moving the bike around. My build and set-up is 'mini-dh/enduro', it's as capable as my DH rig on the descents while sprinting and changing direction much quicker, so that's a good result. Is it worse? No not for my riding intention - bombing the cr@p out of everything!

Would I choose 650b over 26inch in hindsight? Yes.
    What does it feel like? It feels like a normal bike with bigger tyres (no magic!).
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

mtbr member
    May 2005

650B experience

Quote Originally Posted by RuLz View Post
    ptd, what do you think so far?
    This is a quote from Pink Bike of all places and might be one of the best descriptions I've seen of 650B wheels and the effect they have.

"The takeaway of a well-designed 650B bike is defined by hundreds of small events over the entire ride that compound the experience, rather than a few shining moments. The wider the variety of terrain, the more one begins to appreciate the concept. An 'ah-ha' 650B moment on the first ride? Probably not, but after few good laps, the advantages start to pop and the 650B begins to feel less like a hybrid and much more like a whole new animal"
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Interesting... my frame was supplied with 'standard' not XV, so the base settings are for the new XV not supplied 'standard'?

Not that it matters much, I followed the suggest base then just tuned away..!

I assumed Xvol in the post from builttoride just mean 'high volume air shock' that the 'standard' DBair can also be referred to as?

So many internet confusions..

I must like a progressive shock?!
    I think I've found the source of the confusion. Last year, Cane Creek started offering a high volume inner air can for the CCDB, and I believe this is what builttoride is referring to as the XVol can. CaneCreek Double Barrel Air Owners! - North Shore Mountain Biking Forums

I think I read somewhere that Cane Creek has been shipping the DBairs with the larger inner air can for a few months now.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Willanholly View Post
    I think I've found the source of the confusion. Last year, Cane Creek started offering a high volume inner air can for the CCDB, and I believe this is what builttoride is referring to as the XVol can. CaneCreek Double Barrel Air Owners! - North Shore Mountain Biking Forums
    I think I read somewhere that Cane Creek has been shipping the DBairs with the larger inner air can for a few months now.
    Yep that explains it. Wohoo I'm normal again!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz View Post
    I've ridden FM's Prime and my initial reaction was it seemed like an "overly solid downhiller's all-mountain bike." Granted, it was oversprung for my weight. I imagine the Rune will feel the same but with a much smaller cockpit.
    I'm very curious to try out a Rune 650b as well. Good choice

The production rune frame will be ~1lb lighter than my Prime proto. I think the sizing on the small will work better for you (My medium prime proto sometimes feels just a bit large for my taste).

650b = 27.1, so I'd expect it to feel closer to 26 than 29...but then you'll also have a lot more travel both front and rear.

Should be a good compliment to your bandit29.

Calm like a Bomb

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

So is the new XLV a better option? I'm buying a CCDBAir and would like to know which one to get?

The Mountain Bike Life
    Yes, it would be the best option for the Rune V2.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ah balz I'm not normal again!

I'd bet the frames with DBAir have shipped so far with the 'large volume inner can' and 'standard outer can', based on the photos in this thread.

The sicklines link says
    The new XV can is available as a retrofitable option or it can be purchased installed on a new DBAir.
    It will be available for purchase in March through Independent Bike Shops – or will come spec’ed with the 2013 Banshee Rune, Nicolai Ion 16, Ion 18, Ion 20, Helius AM and the Helius AC 650. Additional OE models will be added in the future as well.

» Cane Creek – DBAir Gets a High Volume Air Canister – XV - Sick Lines – mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource

Builttoride may have well posted the base settings against the new XV outer can after all!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The cane creek website will have base tune settings for both, regular and XV can in time I believe, with dropdown menu to select between them. It will come down to personal preferance, and base tunes are only a very rough guide for you to use as a starting point.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ah good I will sleep well now!

Here is the cane creek settings page:
    Cane Creek DBAIR Suspension Base Tunes

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    This is getting out of hand. We have yet another variation to try and decifer?

I went ahead and purchased a Cane Creek Double Barrel Air at the end of last October for my incoming Rune. At the time as far as I could tell there was only one variation of the CCDBa. Now I come to find out there was a low and high volume internal air can? How does one tell these apart?

Now, blissfully unaware, I finally get my Rune and build her up and dial in the shock to the base tune and install one large volume spacer. Only now I find out the base tune and recommended air volume spacer were actually for a yet unreleased CCDBa with EXTRA VOLUME! Great...

So what then is the recommended base tune for the shock that has been out for months? The base tunes on the CC site are now specified as pertaining to the yet unreleased EXTRA VOLUME shock.

I assume whether I have the small or large volume inner air can i do NOT want to have any volume spacers installed? Maybe I can drill some holes in my air can for EXTRA VOLUME?

My head hurts. I just want to get this dialed in for when riding season gets here. Its just around the corner.

PS: What is the address for the submission of the paper warranty registration form? The address printed on the form was incorrect and the letter was returned to me from Canada saying the recipient had moved. Two stamps down the drain. And, SURPRISE, Trident hasn't emailed me back. This was a couple weeks ago now.

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    I assume an EXTRA VOLUME air can with a large spacer would fall somewhere between the gold and gray lines>

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    This might turn into a tuning thread?
    I'd assume you have the newer larger inner can. At least to save your sanity .
    We most likely all have the large inner can and standard outer can on fairly new shocks.

With suggested sag and compression/rebound I found the shock felt like it was running too far into the travel considering the terrain/speed, so started upping low/high compression and reducing low/high rebound, after a few rides added the large air volume reducer and now it feels better.
    I do like lots of HSC, so that could contribute to my need for the volume reducer, because it might stop the shock recovering at times.
    It's a 3 minute job to add/remove air volume spacers anyway... Settings depend so much on terrain/speed/style I try to forget the number of clicks and go by feel using the bracketing technique over multiple runs...

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    Yeah I know it doesn't take long to install the spacer, I installed one already, but holy crap its annoying trying to keep everything straight and figure out what is what.

PS: EXTRA VOLUME

PPS: Thanks for the reply.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JansonJanson View Post
    finally its done ...

here is my Rune in XL pretty sweet

Attachment 768949

more info´s will come, for now, i must go to sleep
    Hi Budy

Watch the tension fo the chain... I´would recommend you to check it again... it seems a little bit broad...

by the way.. good built!!!!

pd: What are your measurement¿¿? (tall and inseam in cm please)

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Does anyone know what the chainline is?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Hi Budy

Watch the tension fo the chain... I´would recommend you to check it again... it seems a little bit broad...

by the way.. good built!!!!

pd: What are your measurement¿¿? (tall and inseam in cm please)
    Hei man,

i know the problem, actuall i am going without the e13 32t srs+ chain device, but without the bashguard, and the taco. I but some carbon leather on the upper device, as close as possible to the chain. In combination with the zee, i had no problems over the winter here in germany, on my spicy.
    But, the chainlength is difficult to get right.
    Now when i am 36 - 32, full compression, the zee is nearly horizontal, its still ok.
    On the lowest 11 - 32, there is minimum tension on the chain.
    If i take the rune to the alps, i want to built on the taco and bashguard. then, the chain would be 2 short, if i take one more chainlink out - i guess so.

I am 187cm tall, and have an inseam of about somewhere 95-98cm
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resnick View Post
    Does anyone know what the chainline is?
    Chainline is dictated by whatever crankset you are using.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    man getting bored of looking at other peoples bikes... still waiting for mine

my shops not even getting a response on delivery dates now...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by williethewaiter View Post
    man getting bored of looking at other peoples bikes... still waiting for mine

my shops not even getting a response on delivery dates now...
    i know its hard to wait - for me, i waited about 3,5 Months - but now, i am so happy.
    the waiting pays off, for sure!

greets
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Only shocks I've seen so far seem to be the fox CTD and CCDB air, any other good options? Anyone built one with a monarch plus by chance? Or at least know if the monarch plus would work with the rune v2??

Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast