Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Ah, yes. Sorry, 2x10 only. It seems you may be out of luck looking for a Shimano front derailleur for 3 x 10 for the Rune.

mtbr member
    out of curiosity, why the need for 3x10? 2x10 was designed to essentially replace 3x9. lots of overlapping ratios using 3x10

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well, I already got all the components from my previous AM and I thought it would be good to save some money. Any idea if I can re-use my XT crankset by replacing the outer gear with a bashguard?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Well, I already got all the components from my previous AM and I thought it would be good to save some money. Any idea if I can re-use my XT crankset by replacing the outer gear with a bashguard?
    yes you can, that is not a problem at all. a cheap upgrade would be a bash and a blackspire stinger dual ring guide. unless you have a sram or shimano clutch type derailler already

Blackspire - STINGER | Blackspire

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...w=1423&bih=686

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hey there,

I received my new frame today and before I start building it together I have a few questions:

1) Within the bottom bracket, I noticed a scratch through the thread. Could this lead to problems later on? it doesn't seem to be very deep but you can definitely feel it with your finger (see uploaded image No 2).

2) There are a few minor dents within the seat tube - see picture No 1. I don't really care about this as long as this does not pose any structural weakness. Thoughts?

3) The seat post (Rock Shox Reverb, 30,9mm) slips really easy into the seat tube... looks like there's almost too much tolerance between seat post and seat tube diameter? Had the same problem with a Kona once which made it hard to fix the seat post in one position.

4) Any advice for the torquening specs of the dropouts? How about the bolts fixing the damper?

5) Can I adjust any seat posts height to my likes (i.e. pull it out as far as possible, considering the "min insert" marker) or do I have to add a few mm due to the way the seat tube is welded to the top tube?

Other than that: Can't wait to ride it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-02-01_09-14-47_911.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-02-01_09-04-06_418.jpg  

Last edited by MindPatterns; 02-01-2013 at 04:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'd be pretty upset if my frame came with blemishes such as those, to be honest.

Anyhow - my local distributor told me today, that the frame I ordered in october will be at my doorstep in 3 to 5 weeks. Maybe.

I raged.

mtbr member
    Today i got my Rune v2 in XL - black anodized ...
    i looks so sweet.

The frame only - without CCDBAir comes in about 3500g, pretty much for an Enduro Frame.
    Including the CCDBAir its 4050g ...

looking forward to build this beat up.
    target weight is about 14kg / 30.5lbs, but without dropper post.

we will see
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

mtbr member
    Hey there,

I received my new frame today and before I start building it together I have a few questions:

1) Within the bottom bracket, I noticed a scratch through the thread. Could this lead to problems later on? it doesn't seem to be very deep but you can definitely feel it with your finger (see uploaded image No 2).
    Doesn't look very deep. Wont be a problem. Just thread the bottom bracket in and it will clean out the threads.

2) There are a few minor dents within the seat tube - see picture No 1. I don't really care about this as long as this does not pose any structural weakness. Thoughts?
    Cant see any dents in that picture? Need to remember that anything, included extruded aluminum tubes, are never perfect.

3) The seat post (Rock Shox Reverb, 30,9mm) slips really easy into the seat tube... looks like there's almost too much tolerance between seat post and seat tube diameter? Had the same problem with a Kona once which made it hard to fix the seat post in one position.
    I have had no problems with the 30.9 reverb on the V2 spitfire.

5) Can I adjust any seat posts height to my likes (i.e. pull it out as far as possible, considering the "min insert" marker) or do I have to add a few mm due to the way the seat tube is welded to the top tube?
    I always insert a post past the welded area.

mtbr member
    I have a large ano black on hold. Can anyone confirm this suspension design does NOT ride like SCs VPP as I disliked the feel of my NomadC!

mtbr member
    The KS link should feel different as it is actually quite different in design than the VPP (no counter rotating top link) so it doesn't have that momentary lack of support in the middle of the stroke as it travels through its S-shaped rear wheel travel path (which is smaller in the VPP2 design). I was actually able to dial in the DHX Air quite well on my Prime proto - a shock with poor support/adjustment in mid travel that is notoriously horrible on VPP bikes. It is closer in concept to shortened 4 bar designs (DW, Maestro, etc).
    I'm sure builttoride will cover this more accurately and correct me on the finer details...

Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I have a large ano black on hold. Can anyone confirm this suspension design does NOT ride like SCs VPP as I disliked the feel of my NomadC!
    I went from V1 Spitfire to NomadC to V2 Rune, and I prefer the Banshees hands down. The Nomad, for as popular as it is, has some odd behaviors. I know it's good enough for some of the top riders in the world to win on, but it didn't suit my tastes. I don't feel like it worked well with an air shock and I always felt like it slightly hung up on square edge hits. I have had two VPP bikes now and I don't intend to have another.

mtbr member
    Great info guys! @ Coiler-d, what size Nomad did you have & your current V2 size? How different of a cockpit feel do they have? I'm also wondering why I can't find more detailed reviews as its been out a while!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    I went from V1 Spitfire to NomadC to V2 Rune, and I prefer the Banshees hands down. The Nomad, for as popular as it is, has some odd behaviors. I know it's good enough for some of the top riders in the world to win on, but it didn't suit my tastes. I don't feel like it worked well with an air shock and I always felt like it slightly hung up on square edge hits. I have had two VPP bikes now and I don't intend to have another.
    Hey coiler-d, how does the v1 Spitfire compare to the Rune V2. Considering the same move but have yet to read a good comparison. I have no doubt that the V2 is a better descender, and is stiffer, that's why I am interested. But am wondering whether it is worth sacrificing the climbing and 'smaller bike' feeling of the Spitfire which is no slouch on the descents.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know where I can find a blue large? Doesn't appear they brought many of this color into the states.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I think MartinS is right on the money. Have a look at the following link to the linkage design blogspot from Antonio Osuna. Scroll down to the Banshee Rune and the graphs are nearly identical to the Giant Reign and the Mojo HD. One thing in particular the Banshee and Giant do better is bottom out resistance on the leverage curve than the HD. The little swoop up at the end of the curve for the HD are what makes it bottom out easier and what people complain about on that forum. Easily fixed though by reducing the can volume. KS Link is really good and he very much liked it. Now if you go digging for some Santa Cruz bikes on that blogspot all the curves are very different and the pedaling efficiency is not nearly as good as the Banshee, HD or Giant. The Intense VPP is also more like the Santa Cruz. Banshee nailed it IMHO and is also kind of like the Marin Quad Link 2 design with repositioned links.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...1_archive.html
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a blue large? Doesn't appear they brought many of this color into the states.
    I thought I had seen Kieth mention somewhere the Blue were for the first run and the Yellow the second, so you could not get Yellow at first and now that the yellows are being made they are not making blue. I could be talking out of my ass but I thought I saw this somewhere.

Cannonball!
    Socal - I am 5'7" and kind of leggier for short dude. I have had Medium in all three bikes. The V1 Spitty and V2 Rune seem to fit similarly and both are longer that the medium NomadC.

cressa - I have to admit I only have 2 legit rides in on the V2 Rune, but it doesn't feel like it is as good of a climber as my Spitfire was. My Rune is coil front and rear and about 3 lbs heavier though. The Rune is definitely stiff and I haven't even gotten my 142mm drops yet, but I didn't have any complaints with the stiffness of the Spitfire, when everything was in check. I really think it is nearly impossible to have a 6"ish travel bike that soaks everything up yet still climbs excellantly, but I think the Rune is as good as it gets. I am fortunate, partially because of the upgrade program, that I am able to have two bikes this year and have the Rune set up more for the downs and my other bike will be for the XC rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cave dweller View Post
    Doesn't look very deep. Wont be a problem. Just thread the bottom bracket in and it will clean out the threads.
    Just installed my BB. Noproblem at alll!

Is anyone running the CCDB Air without the large Air Volume Spacer which Keith recommends?
    I'll definitely tune my shock with it since I like a more progressive shock, but I was just wondering how it feels after all...

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Is anyone running the CCDB Air without the large Air Volume Spacer which Keith recommends?
    I'll definitely tune my shock with it since I like a more progressive shock, but I was just wondering how it feels after all...
    I used it without any volume spacer the first few rides, now with the large volume. There isn't noticable bottoming without the spacer, but does use full travel a bit too often. With the large volume spacer, same sag and compression settings it sits up a bit more. So it behaves like you'd expect, nice!

Group Hug Participant

650b review please!

ptd, what do you think so far?

Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    I used it without any volume spacer the first few rides, now with the large volume. There isn't noticable bottoming without the spacer, but does use full travel a bit too often. With the large volume spacer, same sag and compression settings it sits up a bit more. So it behaves like you'd expect, nice!
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Banshee Rune V2 - NEW - 2013 - Size Large - Pinkbike

mtbr member

Hope

finally its done ...

here is my Rune in XL pretty sweet

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-n9t7uqxp.jpg

more info´s will come, for now, i must go to sleep
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi guys, long time dweller, first time poster!

I've been searching for quite some time for a bike that ticks all the boxes and i think the Rune or Spitfire V2 may be it. To give you a bit of an idea of what kind of rider i am, i'm primarily a downhill racer (rode expert in 2009) and my style of riding is smooth - i like to hop obstacles and rather enjoy hitting jumps. My question is, if i was going to have one bike and one bike only, should it be the Spitfire or the Rune? I ride a lot of trail centers but also a fair amount of DH - usually hit the alps once a year. Could the Spitfire handle it or would the Rune be better? There certainly doesn't seem to be much difference in terms of weight between the two.... I currently ride a Trek EX8 with 36's, its ok for most stuff but i'd be afraid to smash out any DH's on it!

Any help would be much appreciated

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz View Post
    650b review please! ptd, what do you think so far?
    I like it. Simply put it feels like you'd expect, and is close enough to what the various 650b reviews/tests suggest:

> Repetitive 'medium hits' or chatter - Feels smoother and faster
    > Cornering traction - The jury is out on this, the bike has so many other changes it'd be hard to justify simple 'yes'. But anyway, it feels more like stability increase rather than pure traction, perhaps that's the same thing anyway?
    > Flickable - The bike feels a bit bigger, rather than anything noticeable from the wheels stopping moving the bike around. My build and set-up is 'mini-dh/enduro', it's as capable as my DH rig on the descents while sprinting and changing direction much quicker, so that's a good result. Is it worse? No not for my riding intention - bombing the cr@p out of everything!

Would I choose 650b over 26inch in hindsight? Yes.
    What does it feel like? It feels like a normal bike with bigger tyres (no magic!).

_va
    mtbr member
    What will accept the shock-absorber for rune v2 better? Standard CCDBair or The Lounge | Chatter | Introducing the XV ?
    My local spot: http://thespot.pro/

Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast