Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 2874
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by igorl View Post
    How big are you? It seems I'm always between sizes (S/M) in all frames I've tried. I'd like an 580 ETT with 410 reach.
    173cm

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leejords View Post
    173cm
    Interesting, that's more or less as me. When did you find it short, going up or coming down? What stem where you running and what do you plan to run on M sized one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    First PIC of my green rune

Attachment 842727
    The Rune looks awesome Calulo, loving the green. This thread needs more photos.

mtbr member
    Anyone know what size volume spacer is in the Fox CTD that comes with the Rune?
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How do these feel in comparison to an SB66?

I want a bike when fitted with different wheels/forks, can go for a comfortable few hour pedal in the hills and can survive bike park hucks all day.

I currently have a Alu SB66 in small, my shortlist is -

1. SB66 carbon med (larger size for stability, carbon for strength and weight)
    2. Banshee rune v2 Med (stability and strength, saves money)

How ell do these runes go uphill, anywhere near approaching an SB66, particularly out of the saddle?

mtbr member

RUNE 2014 - Seatpost Question

Hi All , just ordered a Flouro Green 2014 XL Frame , very exited to get it but have a few weeks to wait. In the meantime I need to get all the other bits together.

Will the 150mm RockShox Reverb Stealth fit comfortably (i.e. not much sticking out of the top tube.) I like to run my seat as low as possible. I guess what Im really asking is what is the length of the reverb below the collar, and will this fit in the XL seatube.
    Bear in mind the total length is 430mm

Thanks
    Dale

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    Hi All , just ordered a Flouro Green 2014 XL Frame , very exited to get it but have a few weeks to wait. In the meantime I need to get all the other bits together.

Will the 150mm RockShox Reverb Stealth fit comfortably (i.e. not much sticking out of the top tube.) I like to run my seat as low as possible. I guess what Im really asking is what is the length of the reverb below the collar, and will this fit in the XL seatube.
    Bear in mind the total length is 430mm

Thanks
    Dale
    On a large frame you can insert the seatpost about 300mm so I would guess even more on a XL.

As far as I know, the Reverb isn´t available in 150mm for 30,9mm diameter anymore?!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by igorl View Post
    Interesting, that's more or less as me. When did you find it short, going up or coming down? What stem where you running and what do you plan to run on M sized one?
    Was running a 50mm Thomson stem and it felt short coming down. Will be running a 50mm on the medium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    One question for the Banshee people.
    Would it be possible in a Banshee Rune V2 2013 to make (professionaly) drilling the seat tube in order to use the reverb stealth ?

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalafer View Post
    One question for the Banshee people.
    Would it be possible in a Banshee Rune V2 2013 to make (professionaly) drilling the seat tube in order to use the reverb stealth ?
    Yes! Look a few Pages back in the "2013 Spitfire-Thread" ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    In most frames there is no need to drill anything if you want to run a stealth seatpost. Check for a hole into the bottom of the seat tube from above the BB pivot. You can run a stealth routing through this without any issues. Drilling a hole in the frame will void warranty I'm afraid, as it is to be reinforced and drilling has to be temperature controlled, or frame re heat treated to ensure strength remains.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    OK, thank you for the answer.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    In most frames there is no need to drill anything if you want to run a stealth seatpost. Check for a hole into the bottom of the seat tube from above the BB pivot. You can run a stealth routing through this without any issues. Drilling a hole in the frame will void warranty I'm afraid, as it is to be reinforced and drilling has to be temperature controlled, or frame re heat treated to ensure strength remains.
    Oh well, good Info Keith. There were Rumors that adequate done Drilling in the right Place would cause no Trouble to the Frame!

@ Jalafer
    Please check the 2013 Spitfire again, because someone did the Cable-Routing the way described by Keith, including Pictures!

glassphisheye

My Rune Build

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune.jpg
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Loving all these Runes! Got a Spitfire atm, but sellin got pay for a Rune. The bike I should have got from the word go!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Where are you and what size do you run at the moment?
    I have Rune bot sometimes I think a Spitfire would do the Job aswell...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hey I run a large
    Last edited by AllenB; 11-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanx here are some more pics ...
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-verderuna.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-verderuna0.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-verderuna3.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    That's naughty!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    Thanx here are some more pics ...
    Awesome Bike , Mine is arriving in 1 week ... Has anyone got any experience fitting an e-thirteen LG1 chainguide to a rune, will it fit or is there some magic involved

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dzdale View Post
    Awesome Bike , Mine is arriving in 1 week ... Has anyone got any experience fitting an e-thirteen LG1 chainguide to a rune, will it fit or is there some magic involved
    I have one on last year's Rune V2, and it fits perfectly. The LG1+ came with 2 different sized spacers, but one was a little too thin and one a little too thick. I just got some washers from home depot (size M6), which was the perfect size to keep the chain from rubbing against the plastic when on the smallest or largest cog.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmunz View Post
    I have one on last year's Rune V2, and it fits perfectly. The LG1+ came with 2 different sized spacers, but one was a little too thin and one a little too thick. I just got some washers from home depot (size M6), which was the perfect size to keep the chain from rubbing against the plastic when on the smallest or largest cog.
    Thanks bmunz , just the info I need

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmunz View Post
    Thanks bmunz , thats just what I was looking for

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I recently put a lg1 tr on my rune.
    Had to put the lower pulley to the wide angle setting.
    Went on nicely.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

My Wife's 2014 Banshee Rune ready to Roll for the upcoming Enduro season. Weight: 29lbs. Hope you like the photos,
    All the best,
    Lee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezKneez View Post
    I recently put a lg1 tr on my rune.
    Had to put the lower pulley to the wide angle setting.
    Went on nicely.
    got one of them on my rune, too.
    but i stuck with the BB Mount, so i could adjust it even better!
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

mtbr member
    leejords, you just built my dream bike...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Just asking while interested: Is this Orange a Custom-Color? Or available in a limited Production-Run?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    We will be shipping a limited run of orange runes soon... (this frame pictured was a proto sample).
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Such a rad colour!!

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by leejords View Post
    My Wife's 2014 Banshee Rune ready to Roll for the upcoming Enduro season. Weight: 29lbs. Hope you like the photos,
    All the best,
    Lee.
    How did it get so light weight? My '14 Spitty with carbon wheels is heavier. Ok, a bit heavier fork, but still. (ok, and a large frame)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Keith, please phone Jay and tell him to find out where my frame went or have him send another frame ASAP.

I've now waited three weeks for a frame that had 10 day delivery time, the parcel is missing and nobody seems to know where it is. To my opinion that is Banshee's problem and you can sort it out as long as you like but do not expect me to wait too.

I want value for the money I've payed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've spoken to Jay and he is chasing up the shippers for you for info... he said he would email you with an update when he had it. We suspect that it is stuck in customs.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Great, if customs are the hold up reason I trust that it gets solved soon, Thank you Keith!

BTW, that orange color is even more brutal as the green I ordered, can't you people announce the *special* -colors at your front page, so that it would be possible to order one

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    How did it get so light weight? My '14 Spitty with carbon wheels is heavier. Ok, a bit heavier fork, but still. (ok, and a large frame)
    Probably as iv tried to save weight everywhere mate but keep it strong also. Easton Havoc Carbon bars, xx1, Crossmax Enduro wheels, really light pike fork and even the XO trail carbon brakes are silly light.

Is your build on he spitty similar?

All the best,
    Lee.

Mr. Knowitall
    I have Syntace carbon handlebar, 1500g wheelset, XX1, Lyrik (with AVA), tubeless... Check my instagram @krecket for some (bad) pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    I have Syntace carbon handlebar, 1500g wheelset, XX1, Lyrik (with AVA), tubeless... Check my instagram @krecket for some (bad) pics
    Added you mate,
    leejords

You got a 2013 spitty or 14? Heard the 14 frames have shed a bit of weight, or so the distributor for the Uk told me.

All the best,
    Lee.

Mr. Knowitall
    '14 Spitty. Still heavy as f..

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hi Keith,

Please can you tell me what is the best choice between a 30T ring and a 32T ring for the Rune v2 if I want to go on 1x10 speeds ?

I will have a 11-42 cog on the rear and want to have the best ring on the front for the KS-Link kinematic.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I run 32t up front and 11-42t 10speed in the rear with no issues.

If you are on 26" wheels, than 30t might be a bit small?!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ok
    I don't know which is better for the KS Link.

It's your first transmission on the Rune v2?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I think the rune is built around 34-36 and prime 32t

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by T.PEDRO View Post
    Ok
    I don't know which is better for the KS Link.
    If I remember that right...Keith has posted something about chainring sizes somewhere in this thread?!

It's your first transmission on the Rune v2?
    No. I had a 2x10 (24/36t; 11-36t) setup in the first place.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi guys! from the first rune i Posted it here... here it comes my new one...

Flow ex 650b rims
    size L
    x01 full black
    R.S Pike rt3
    ccdb air cs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-6.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-5.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-4.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-3.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenB View Post
    I think the rune is built around 34-36 and prime 32t
    I swapped from 2 rings to xx1 and i have 30t, It has cost me to get used to, after 3 month I think I can try the 32t, but I can't find the right time ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    As with any design, there is no magic chainring size number (no matter what people tell you) as it changes depending on how much sag you run, and what gear you are in... that said the optimal range for spitfire and rune is roughly 30-36 tooth (26-32 for prime), so you can go anywhere in this range. Personally I have 34 tooth chainring with XX1 setup on my spitfire and like that... but I've never been a spinner.

Hi Keith,

Please can you tell me what is the best choice between a 30T ring and a 32T ring for the Rune v2 if I want to go on 1x10 speeds ?

I will have a 11-42 cog on the rear and want to have the best ring on the front for the KS-Link kinematic.

Thanks.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    As with any design, there is no magic chainring size number (no matter what people tell you) as it changes depending on how much sag you run, and what gear you are in... that said the optimal range for spitfire and rune is roughly 30-36 tooth (26-32 for prime), so you can go anywhere in this range. Personally I have 34 tooth chainring with XX1 setup on my spitfire and like that... but I've never been a spinner.
    Ok thanks, I will try the two sizes on the bike. With some bikes (like the Legend) there is more or less kickback depending on the selected ring.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra View Post

No. I had a 2x10 (24/36t; 11-36t) setup in the first place.

Ok I have a 2x10v = 24x38t ; 11-36t on my Rune v2 and I'm waiting for my new transmission 1x10v = 32t ; 11-42t. I hope the 32t will not be too hard when i have to climb long time on the bike.

What do you feel with the 32t ? Do you have enough speed when downhill and it's not too hard when you uphill ?

mtbr member
    Assuming you're on 26" wheels your current range is around 17-90 gear inches.

With a 32t front ring you'll be getting around 19-75 on an 11-42 cassette.
    With a 30t front ring it'll be 18-72

On with your low end gears you'll have pretty much the same climbing ability as your 2x10 setup, where you'll notice the difference more is top end speed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by inkisink View Post
    Assuming you're on 26" wheels your current range is around 17-90 gear inches.

With a 32t front ring you'll be getting around 19-75 on an 11-42 cassette.
    With a 30t front ring it'll be 18-72

On with your low end gears you'll have pretty much the same climbing ability as your 2x10 setup, where you'll notice the difference more is top end speed.
    Hi inkisink,
    yes I'm in 26" wheels. Thanks for your answer there is not much difference between a 30t and a 32t for climbing so I will buy a 32t for my first test.