Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    @AdrianoMTB

Thanks for measuring the standover...800mm...thatīs a lot compared to the banshee tech sheet with 734mm...

Good to hear that you have lots of fun with your new mountain gear anyway...

mtbr member
    Great initial impression report of the V2 Danshee! One of the things that I always like about my older Runes is how well they sprinted, pedalled and accelerated in/out of the turns and popped off of jumps.

BTW, are you 5'10" with no shoes and 32" inseam your pants length, not actual inseam as measure with level in crotch and measurement from floor to top of level? I typically wear 32" pants, but my actual inseam is 35" when measured as above and I am 5'10.5" w/bike shoes on and have been doing much deliberating between a large or medium V2 since I prefer to run shorter stems on all my bikes and 23" Eff. top tube bikes typically are too short for me. So, if the V2 feels much longer than the V1.5 with same ETT, than a medium very well may work for me without feeling too crammed on the climbs up (thumbs up!)

Thanks again!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hey jgusta,

I'm 5' 10" with no shoes and have 33.5" inside leg from floor to crotch. My other Runes have been mediums which had pretty short cockpits, the new one feels noticeably longer to me but I got used to it almost immediately. I'll take more measurements tonight if anyone wants them, right now I'm going to ride to work in the minus degree fog

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

mtbr member
    May 2009
    my Rune V2 is already landed, according to the tracking number... so maybe there is a surprise at home waiting after work

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    my Rune V2 is already landed, according to the tracking number... so maybe there is a surprise at home waiting after work
    Oh yeah!

mtbr member
    Sweet shot with raw frame and frost! Thanks for taking measurements, sounds like reach on medium V2 is much closer to reach on V1 large, despite 1" differnece in ETT between the two. If reach feels a little on the long side for ya, you can always push the saddle forward some and/or roll the bars back a bit. That's always what I did on my large frames.

Are you running your V2 with neutral chips for 65.5 HTA and 13.65" BB as pictured?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Hey jgusta,

I'm 5' 10" with no shoes and have 33.5" inside leg from floor to crotch. My other Runes have been mediums which had pretty short cockpits, the new one feels noticeably longer to me but I got used to it almost immediately. I'll take more measurements tonight if anyone wants them, right now I'm going to ride to work in the minus degree fog
    Was your inseam measurement taken with shoes or not? Thanks as I have my post already slightly above the max position on current bike with 18" seat tube (375mm Thomson post) while in typical climb position and will have to get a new 410mm post for sure at the very least with medium frame. Never owned a <18" seat tubed bike as I am a bit longer in legs for my height and do fairly long'ish steep climbs on regular basis to get to the fun descents that warrants a little taller seat tube or post extension, but don't like the feeling of bigger bikes while descending as why 9'ers never had appealed to me in the past. Thanks again as I haven't ordered a frame without hoping on it first in sometime now.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Inseam measurement was without shoes and the flip chips are in the 55.5 degree position.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The new Rune looks great but I miss seeing the old Rune logo. Super minor complaint.. Looking forward to seeing more builds (& new Spitfires)!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Inseam measurement was without shoes and the flip chips are in the 55.5 degree position.
    Thanks. Would you mind taking the wheelbase (center of axle to axle), standover height (believe it's 6" in front BB from floor to top of top tube), effective top tube (mid head tube to mid post on level horizontal line) and your total bar height (top of bars to floor with bike in most vertical position) if you don't mind and have a chance to do so? Thanks as sometimes the numbers are a bit different than what is listed, epecially with different set ups and I plan to run quite similar components as yours from my current bike with neutral chips, Lyrik fork, 2.3 tires and looks like we are the exact same height/inseam sans shoes.

Cheers!
    Jon
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    without words:

mtbr member
    Awesome. Is it medium size?. Can you weigh the frame?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    it is a large frame...

frame plus shock plus standard dropouts weight ~3680gr... 142mm dropouts incl. 12mm axle weight about 80gr more... so, I am very pleased with the weight... total weight with lyrik coil and ztr flow wheels and 1x9, and droppost will be arround 15kg, btw. 33pounds...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    cracking pics, I look forward to seeing a full build!

mtbr member
    Yes very nice, my only complaint would be that somehow ugly brown FOX-shock....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    the brown does not really sting out in reality... so, I will judge it by it's performance... hope it delivers, else I will get myself a vivid air or something like that...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    @jgusta

Wheelbase 116cm
    Stand over 76cm
    Bar height 100cm
    ETT 57.5cm

Nice pics MalcolmX !

mtbr member
    And add another 300g to the rig?
    As far as I know the vivid is a very good shock, that could replace most coil shocks for DH without many limitations, but for standard AM or trail riding with serious uphill sections, there are better choices....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I know, but since I rode my Rue V1 with a Fox RC4 coil shock, weight is not really an issue... it's all about performance (performance is the name of the game - anyone still knows this song by MC Spandex?)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    by the way, since this was already the case with my V1 rune...
    the seatpost delivered with the frame is useless! why is the question, and the answere is: both seatposts i received with my rune frames are labeled 30,9mm, but in fact, the real diameter is a touch under 30,8mm... you guys at banshee might wana check why this is the case... it is a pity because the seatpost itself is great!! it looks good, has a good clamp, and it is very lightweight. but that does not help... I have now 2 seatposts with 30,8mm at home that i cannot use...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The v2 feels pretty light when pedalling but still manages to feel planted through rough stuff. Weight really isn't a concern to me with this frame.

mtbr member
    Still curious about the performance and feel in technical uphills and slow, steep sections (up and down)...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    Still curious about the performance and feel in technical uphills and slow, steep sections (up and down)...
    I am also very curious about this aspect of the bikes handling ability.

It has an extremely slack HA adjustment range. The steepest setting makes to the BB too high so is useless. So basically this bike has to be run with a 65.5 HA.

I am concerned that in low speed and flat terrain that the front end will get caught up on obstacles rather than ride over them - thus make the bike slow and awkward to keep tracking in a straight line.

Also how is the weight balance of the bike on steep seated climbing?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    kalkhoffpink and horsey24, whatīs your Problem?

Both AdrianoMTB and Danshee mentioned the Runeīs great Geometry, Pedal-efficiency, Acceleration without bobbing and Pedalkickback. That should work on slow steep technical Climbs too?!?

Since when do slack Headangles get caught up on Obstacles, even slow and technical? How could a Bike feel awkward as your Position over the Bike is so much improved through Geometry, more centered due to the longer Reach? And since when are BB-Heights around 350 mm (in the Runes steepest (!!!) Setting) useless, when around 90 Percent of all Enduro-Bikes have BB-Heights like this?
    Should work on slow steep technical Descends too, donīt you think ...

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast