Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Fun!
    Sorry about one more clearance question. Is that 650B Hans Dampf 2.35" in a 26" Lyrik? Good clearance?

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurterno View Post
    Sorry about one more clearance question. Is that 650B Hans Dampf 2.35" in a 26" Lyrik? Good clearance?
    It's a x-fusion vengeance, plenty of clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Fun!
    Dialed (minus the flats )!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurterno View Post
    Here is a 650B Pacenti Neo Moto 2.3 in a Lyric fork. You get about 3-4mm. HD 2.35 is slightly taller IIRC (need to check the 650B forum) and may not fit with clearance without some arch grinding. There is a new Vee Rubber Trail Taker 2.4" which is about the same height as the Neo Moto but fatter with nice wrap around knobs. About $50 and good reviews so far.

2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Here is a 650B Pacenti Neo Moto 2.3 in a Lyric fork. You get about 3-4mm. HD 2.35 is slightly taller IIRC (need to check the 650B forum) and may not fit with clearance without some arch grinding. There is a new Vee Rubber Trail Taker 2.4" which is about the same height as the Neo Moto but fatter with nice wrap around knobs. About $50 and good reviews so far.

I imagine a low profile rim and tire that isn't super tall is the way to go and should offer ample clearance with Lyrik and 650b. Like Stans Flow EX rims (only 18.6mm tall) on standard 2.3 tires (Maxxis, Specialized come to mind). Schwalbe tires are pretty tall and definitely a lot of rims out there that are much taller as well. I also really liked Schwalbe tread, I think the best casings on the market, but stayed away due to tall height and wanting a lower BB in the past. With Stan's Flow EX on Spesh 2.3 tires, my BB is just below 13.5" in neutral setting on the Rune V2, whereas typical is 13.7".
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What is the maximum rear disc size on V2 Rune? 150mm dropouts, if that is of any importance.

mtbr member
    Does anyone feel cramped in the cockpit on a large? I ride a large Yeti and the top tube is the same length as a XL Rune! I want to pull the trigger but not sure on the XL due to the longer seat tube! I am 6-1 with a long reach and like nothing longer than a 50mm stem! I'm hoping the actual "feel" is better than what the numbers say on the large!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Does anyone feel cramped in the cockpit on a large? I ride a large Yeti and the top tube is the same length as a XL Rune! I want to pull the trigger but not sure on the XL due to the longer seat tube! I am 6-1 with a long reach and like nothing longer than a 50mm stem! I'm hoping the actual "feel" is better than what the numbers say on the large!
    I imagine the large should do you fine. I came off a Yeti as well (med SB66) to a Rune V2 and the eff TT of the Yeti is 1.5" longer, but cockpit feel almost identical with same 50mm stem due to longer reach on V2. I am finding the Rune V2 to be more comfortable while pedalling in and out of saddle, whereas I thought for sure I would be a bit crammed with pedalling in the saddle. FWIW, I did have to push the saddle back on the rails about 5/8" and rolled the bars forward a smidge. The bike fits like a glove at 5'10" (w/shoes) and I was considering a large for myself due to TT measurement, but sure glad I went medium, even though I am running an inch more post while climbing than on previous bike.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    Dialed (minus the flats )!
    Gonna build that exact bike, a few questions if you don't mind.

What's it weigh? Also, where did you get the Vengeance and what model is it?

Thanks,
    James

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Gonna build that exact bike, a few questions if you don't mind.

What's it weigh? Also, where did you get the Vengeance and what model is it?

Thanks,
    James
    Not sure about weight, no scales in the house. It pedals really well regardless.
    The fork is 2012 HLR air. Good performance, got them through my LBS (Ireland), UK distributor. They (distributor) wanted to add a 10mm travel reducer but I asked them not to based on feedback from x-fusion, there is plenty of crown clearance at bottom out (650 b).

The bike surprises me how good it is, you'll have a blast. Easy to set up how you'd like it to behave.
    Last edited by ptd; 01-27-2013 at 03:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    I imagine the large should do you fine. I came off a Yeti as well (med SB66) to a Rune V2 and the eff TT of the Yeti is 1.5" longer, but cockpit feel almost identical with same 50mm stem due to longer reach on V2. I am finding the Rune V2 to be more comfortable while pedalling in and out of saddle, whereas I thought for sure I would be a bit crammed with pedalling in the saddle. FWIW, I did have to push the saddle back on the rails about 5/8" and rolled the bars forward a smidge. The bike fits like a glove at 5'10" (w/shoes) and I was considering a large for myself due to TT measurement, but sure glad I went medium, even though I am running an inch more post while climbing than on previous bike.
    Exactly what I wanted to hear! Is the reach due the the BB being further back? I'm hoping to get a demo this week!

mtbr member
    Exactly what I wanted to hear! Is the reach due the the BB being further back? I'm hoping to get a demo this week!
    Yes, and why TT measurment is kind of irrelevant on sizing on this particular bike. Hope you get a chance to ride one. It really is a great AM bike. It felt a little awkard climbing on it at first due to slacker front end than what I was used to (too rear wheel biased for good climbing position). But, changed it back to neutral setting and bike motors up the trail if you got the legs, and completely destroys the descents. I am finding myself falling more and more in love with this ride the more I ride it. A true AM bike in my opinion.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Out for a Sunday ride. This bike hauls ass. Stuff I used slow up to roll down I am now just launching off of. Think I finally have this bike figured out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Out for a Sunday ride. This bike hauls ass. Stuff I used slow up to roll down I am now just launching off of. Think I finally have this bike figured out.

Nice!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

New question here.

Here is my new Rune
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-image.jpg  

biking is fun
    If anyone is having buyers remorse with their new Large Rune then let me know ha ha. I really want one of these things. Once my DH bike sells I will be placing my order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba View Post
    If anyone is having buyers remorse with their new Large Rune then let me know ha ha. I really want one of these things. Once my DH bike sells I will be placing my order.
    Me too! Looking for a ano black in large! Was told the next batch is sitting in a container on a ship somewher in the ocean!

mtbr member
    Me too! Looking for a ano black in large! Was told the next batch is sitting in a container on a ship somewher in the ocean!
    hopefully they meant "on" the ocean, otherwise there are gonna be some very disappointed people out there

you could always get a chili to compliment that delirium

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

my new rune

blue!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-1la-foto.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2la-foto.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-3la-foto.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-4la-foto.jpg  

Cannonball!
    Nice build, kind of wish I would have got blue. I like the looks of the brown bars.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hey there,

I'd like to use 3x10 with aShimano Derailleur. I have a FD-m980 which is a Direct Mount, but no e-type. As far as I understand, I cannot use this one, right? Can anyone suggest a derailleur which is known to work (I know about the Srams, but I'd prefer Shimano).
    Then: I'm planning to use my 150 mm Fox Talas (tapered). Can anyone suggest a headset? Would it be better to use one with an external cup?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Build Up my bike a touch early with my Van 180 and took it for a spin.

The first 15 minutes sucked. I chose a fairly tech climbing trail, I walked alot. then I really started riding it more like a XC bike and the then it started climbing.

Then I climbed it up to a buff berm jump trail. First thing I noticed this thing carries speed without effort, it's beautiful.

Then I took it to a chundery trail again rode that like a champ.

Steep Tech LIKE A BOSS

Tight Switch back LIKE A BOSS

my old van 180 NOT LIKE A BOSS blew up the damper. I have a van 180 pogo stick now.

Can't wait to get my Talas, I want more

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resnick View Post
    Build Up my bike a touch early with my Van 180 and took it for a spin.

The first 15 minutes sucked. I chose a fairly tech climbing trail, I walked alot. then I really started riding it more like a XC bike and the then it started climbing.

Then I climbed it up to a buff berm jump trail. First thing I noticed this thing carries speed without effort, it's beautiful.

Then I took it to a chundery trail again rode that like a champ.

Steep Tech LIKE A BOSS

Tight Switch back LIKE A BOSS

my old van 180 NOT LIKE A BOSS blew up the damper. I have a van 180 pogo stick now.

Can't wait to get my Talas, I want more

I have a 36 Talas 140-180 for sale. In like new condition. PM if you're interested.

Stoked for the good review od the bike.

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Hey there,

I'd like to use 3x10 with aShimano Derailleur. I have a FD-m980 which is a Direct Mount, but no e-type. As far as I understand, I cannot use this one, right? Can anyone suggest a derailleur which is known to work (I know about the Srams, but I'd prefer Shimano).
    Then: I'm planning to use my 150 mm Fox Talas (tapered). Can anyone suggest a headset? Would it be better to use one with an external cup?
    Shimano E-2 front derailleurs will work with the SRAM S3 mount. I can't give you the part numbers offhand, but they shouldn't be too hard to find...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    But I cannot run 3x10 with E-2 right? Just 2x10 as far as I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by hartwerks View Post
    Shimano E-2 front derailleurs will work with the SRAM S3 mount. I can't give you the part numbers offhand, but they shouldn't be too hard to find...

Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast