Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,800 of 3182
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    Short question on the Rune and Monarch plus...

My MY2016 Rune came with a Monarch plus with small airchamber... I had the V2 with CCDBAir und liked the Overall feel, but wanted a little more simplicity and less wieght on the new Rune.
    However, the small airchamber ist just... hm... tooo small? it is nearly impossible to use all of the travel right now, despite having 35% SAG.

Should I go for the High Volume aircan, or take the Debonair (which I believe is the biggest of the 3)?
    I'm running a Debonair with 3 volume ribbons and little less than 30% sag.
    I get full travel ocasionaly on demanding trails or tracks and still retain a proper position for climbing.
    With 35% or more sag I felt too far back on the the bike when seated, not good for extended pedaling time.

cheers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Good job! ripper

Banshee Rune complete 650B
    Pike RCT3
    Monarch+
    Ks Lev Integra
    Enve handlebar
    Joystick Builder stem
    Sun Ringle Charger wheels
    Sram X0 drivetrain and brakes
    Shimano 530 pedals
    WTB Vigilante up front
    Maxxis DHR II rear
    Weight 13,460 kg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-12661990_10207415915089765_8535672742702904311_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi all, I'm building up a Rune this winter and will soon be joining the clan.

I have a couple of bottom bracket questions. (sorry if I'm easily confused by all these standards)...

From what I can gather the Rune requires a threaded bb, 68/73 size.

Can I put a bb30 sram bottom bracket on? This is the item I'm looking to install, will it work?

Truvativ X9 2.2 MTB 2x10 Crankset BB30 39/26T Gray | Bikewagon

Obviously I'd be ditching the spider and double ring and going with a direct mount ring. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ok, I think I've got this figured out, I'll need a GXP bb if I stick with Sram. Sorry to junk up the thread and I'll post up some pics when she's all built.

sfs
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    After reading the forums on here and other locations I couldn't pass up the deal on the Rune v2 2015 GX at Jenson.

I have five rides on the bike and so far love it. Climbs great and blows through the downhill without hesitation.

I went with the gx build knowing that I would need to add a dropper and perhaps replace a few items such as the 710mm handlebars. (I didn't ask before ordering if they would switch this out) The bar feels a bit narrow as I find my hands naturally at the very edge of the bar the 785mm that comes with the 2016 would be ideal.

I switched the cranks for 170mm and a 30t ring. Still find myself pedal striking but I feel this is more of something that I will learn to deal with and adjust my technique, as most bike have this low of a bb these days.

My biggest issue with the build were the tires. The Nobby Nics that came with the bike were scary at downhill speed, felt flexy, gave out on corners and wouldn't hold on rocks or roots. Granted it is winter and things are slightly wet but these tires shouldn't be on this bike. However they are fast and have little rolling resistance. Switched the tires out for a Minon and High Roller II installed tubeless much much better.

I haven't found any issue with wheels (raceface affect) yet. I'm 175lb so I might not be at their limit. It will be interesting to see how they hold up but so far so good.

Placed one bottomless token in the Pike, though I might go to two, set up the rear shock with around 30% sag. Feels great and haven't wanted to spend too much trail tinkering with settings yet and haven't needed to.

Overall no regrets. I wanted a bike that felt stable on the downhill (fun) and wasn't difficult to climb with and the Rune does it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sfs View Post
    After reading the forums on here and other locations I couldn't pass up the deal on the Rune v2 2015 GX at Jenson.

I have five rides on the bike and so far love it. Climbs great and blows through the downhill without hesitation.

I went with the gx build knowing that I would need to add a dropper and perhaps replace a few items such as the 710mm handlebars. (I didn't ask before ordering if they would switch this out) The bar feels a bit narrow as I find my hands naturally at the very edge of the bar the 785mm that comes with the 2016 would be ideal.

I switched the cranks for 170mm and a 30t ring. Still find myself pedal striking but I feel this is more of something that I will learn to deal with and adjust my technique, as most bike have this low of a bb these days.

My biggest issue with the build were the tires. The Nobby Nics that came with the bike were scary at downhill speed, felt flexy, gave out on corners and wouldn't hold on rocks or roots. Granted it is winter and things are slightly wet but these tires shouldn't be on this bike. However they are fast and have little rolling resistance. Switched the tires out for a Minon and High Roller II installed tubeless much much better.

I haven't found any issue with wheels (raceface affect) yet. I'm 175lb so I might not be at their limit. It will be interesting to see how they hold up but so far so good.

Placed one bottomless token in the Pike, though I might go to two, set up the rear shock with around 30% sag. Feels great and haven't wanted to spend too much trail tinkering with settings yet and haven't needed to.

Overall no regrets. I wanted a bike that felt stable on the downhill (fun) and wasn't difficult to climb with and the Rune does it.
    How much does it weigh, and what size is it? I've been eyeing it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Been riding mine since last year. Just installed some offset bushings to lower the bottom bracket 0.5 inch. It sits a little under 13.5 inches in the neutral setting with 27.5 wheels. Will test it tomorrow. Love this bike! BTW it's a 2014 model and weighs 30.75 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-test.jpg  

mtbr member
    Has anyone taken the plunge and slapped on a elevensix shock on their rune?
    Current Bikes

2018 Santa Cruz Chameleon 27+
    2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sfs View Post

What rear-shock do you running?

mtbr member
    Some updates for my runey
    Kindshock lev integra, specialized sip grips, Continental Baron Projekt/ trailking

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtailoner View Post
    Some updates for my runey
    Kindshock lev integra, specialized sip grips, Continental Baron Projekt/ trailking
    How's the storia treating you?
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    2 years has gone by since heart surgery, this year I'm buying a season pass for Valhalla for my geriatric 09 Rune. The jones is on.
    All the pix of the V2's is killing me! If they had clearance for 27.5+ flubber, I'd be having Keith ship a fresh bike UPS red label.
    There's still no way in hell I'd give up my 09. I thoroughly enjoy the performance of the Runes, they're just plain awesome!
    Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...

sfs
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kjbbb View Post
    How much does it weigh, and what size is it? I've been eyeing it.
    I have the Medium and do not have a decent scale so not sure on the weight exactly but it is a heck of a lot lighter than my old free-ride bike and that is all that really mattered for me.

sfs
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakay View Post
    What rear-shock do you running?
    running a Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Which ccdb did you get 8.5" x 2.5" (215/63) or 8.5" x 2.5" (216/63) or will either work sorry I am confused on which to get for my 2014 V2 Rune.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20160107_212334.jpg  

mtbr member
    8.5" x 2.5"

I"m confused.... you're asking about the same shock size?
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    (215/63) vs (216/63) what the difference or will both work? Is what I am referring to? Sorry complete noob at building a bike.

mtbr member
    oh.. huh I didn't know they were advertised as 1 mm difference. You'll be fine with either.
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thanks I figured lengths were the same just did not know what second number was for?

mtbr member
    8.5 is the eye to eye length. 2.5 is stroke length (how much the shock shaft moves in and out of the body)
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock_down View Post
    Which ccdb did you get 8.5" x 2.5" (215/63) or 8.5" x 2.5" (216/63) or will either work sorry I am confused on which to get for my 2014 V2 Rune.
    this is the recommendation from canecreek.. u can go to their website and check the fitting and tuning
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-screenshot_2016-02-27-14-12-35.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I did that too but did know if the 1mm made a difference as everywhere I have looked the 216mm DBair cs was out of stock. I was going to pull the trigger on this if it doesnt matter. Cane Creek DB Air Shock CS XVOL 8.5 x 2.5 (215/63) - Modern Bike

mtbr member
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Yes nice price but not CS version or the extra volume can either.

mtbr member
    It is cs. Why do you need the hv?
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I was looking at the pic not the description. I weigh 250 lbs.

mtbr member
    You won't need a hv can if you weight that much. You're going to need the progressive ness of an air can deep in the travel to not bottom out. I'm 230 and I never consider a hv can
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thanks Junerson I will get that one then! I will post my build with lots of pics when i get it

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Alternatively, u can always buy it from canecreek directly..but the price is higher.. but at least they will setup with appropriate hardware and tuning from factory specifically for rune.. this is only my 2cent.. the choice is yours

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I thought about that too Yoebanshee but i all ready have the bushings just need the shock.

mtbr member
    Hell ya! So far the build looks awesome! Just a quick discussion with hv can. Yes you'll feel the initial stroke to be more sensitive but because the can is larger, it'll take less force for it to bottom out. Hence for heavy folks like me, it just doesn't work. Plus because of my weight, the initial stiction to get the shock active doesn't take much. Good luck on the build. Ask away any questions! Rune is an awesome bike!
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thanks for the explanation Junerson!!

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Junersun View Post
    Hell ya! Rune is an awesome bike!
    You got that straight!

I would like a '16 in my collection. Not a chance in hell I'd let go of my '09 tho'
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Has anyone been messing with an X2 shock on the rune? How far off were you guys from factory recommendations? How many volume spacers did you add/subtract?
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

How's the storia treating you?
    I like the storia pretty much. It does a Great Job so far. Really loving das coil feeling, soft und plushy.
    Had the ccdb in my 2015 Rune and the storia ist the better Choice for me.
    The ccdb hab a bit more "pop" but the storia Is just easy.
    Fixed the hs, ls compression and rebound once and it works on nearly Every track,
    Maybe i need a softer coil, thats what ill Try next.
    I run a 475lbs and will try a 450. i have 88kg on 189m legth

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Crazy_Carl V-2 rune build

This is my first complete bike build I have done. I hope to start riding it this week it has been raining here. I went a little overboard on parts but this will be more of my joy ride bike. I think I will see a Legend in my future. Frame came from Billy Goat bikes, all other parts came from Jenson, Modernbike, Chain Reaction. Thanks to all that helped me with my build and technical questions. I also learned a lot about what fits what does not and pros and cons just from reading MTBR!!

Frame: 2014 Banshee Rune V2, large
    Fork: Rockshox Pike RCT3 27.5" Fork White, Dual Position Air, 160mm
    Front rotor: Shimano RT99SS Freeza Centerlock Rotor Black, 203mm
    DT Swiss Centerlock ring rquired for 15mm thru axle
    Shimano F203P/P Disc Brake Adapter
    Front brakes: Shimano XTR BR-M9020 Trail Disc Brake Front Brake Kit
    Headset: Cane Creek 40 ZS44/56 Headset OE Black, ZS44/28.6/ZS56/40
    Headset anchor: Hope Head Doctor Black
    Spacers: Cane Creek 110 Interlok Headset Spacer Black, 10mm
    Cane Creek 110 Interlok Headset Spacer Black, 5mm
    Stem: Race Face Atlas 35 Stem Black, 50mm Length, 35mm Clamp
    Handlebars: Race Face Atlas 35 High Rise Handlebar Black, 800mm, 35mm Clamp, 35mm Rise
    Bar ends: Hope Grip Doctor Plugs Black
    Shifter: Shimano XTR SL-M9000 11SPD Shift Lever Right
    Grips: Lizard skins LOCK-ON Charger
    Rear shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel CS Air Shock 8.5 x 2.5 (215/63)
    Rear shock bushings: Cane Creek Rear Shock Hardware 25.4mm X 8mm
    Cane Creek Rear Shock Hardware 40.0mm X 8mm

Front wheel: DT Swiss M480 28H rim
    Dt Swiss competion straight pull spokes
    Dt Swiss 15mm straight pull center lock hub
    Uxcell valve stems Schrader

Rear wheel: Dt Swiss M480 28H rim
    Dt Swiss competion straight pull spokes
    Dt Swiss 12/142mm straight pull center lock hub
    Uxcell valve stems Schrader

Tires: Maxxis Highroller II 27.5 3C/Exo/Tr Tire 27.5X2.30 3C Exo Tubeless Ready
    Crankset: Shimano XTR FC-M9020-1 Crankarms 175mm
    Bottom bracket: Shimano XTR BB93 English Bottom Bracket BB93 English Bottom Bracket
    Chainring: Oneup XTR M9000/M9020 Chainring Grey, 32 Tooth
    Chain: Shimano CN-HG700 11 Speed Road/Mtb Chain 11 Speed Chain, Road/Mtb
    Rear hub: DT Swiss Steel Mountain Freehub Body Standard Bearing
    Rear hub gears: DT Swiss 54T Star Ratchet Upgrade Kit 54 Tooth,
    Rear axle: Rockshox Maxle Light Rear Skewer 142mm X 12mm
    Rear Brakes: Shimano XTR BR-M9020 Trail Disc Brake Rear Brake Kit
    Rear rotor: Shimano RT99SS Freeza Centerlock Rotor Black, 203mm
    DT Swiss Centerlock ring
    Shimano R203P/S Disc Brake Adaptor Rear
    Cassette: Shimano XTR CS-M9000 11 Speed Cassette 11 SPD, 11-40T
    Oneup Shimano 11 Speed Expander Cog Kit Grey, 45 Tooth + 18 Tooth Sprocket
    Cassette progression: 11-13-15-18-21-24-27-31-35-40-45
    Derailleur: Shimano XTR RD-M9000 11S Rear Derailleur SGS Cage
    Pedals: Shimano XTR Trail PD-M9020 Pedals
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb Stealth 125mm Seatpost 30.9mm, 380mm Length, Right Hand Remote
    inverted and mounted on the left side
    Seat: SDG Falcon
    Seatclamp: stock Banshee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20160305_174117.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20160305_17.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20160305_174159.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20160305_174127.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20160305_174135.jpg  

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Sweet ride, Lock_down. How's it ride? (loaded question, being it's a Rune)

Gratz Dood!
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Nice setup!

I finally got the x2 put on and I am very impressed. Most noticeable trait is how it stays high in its travel. I will miss a climb switch though but for downs I have found a winner. It also goes really well with fox 36 platform. I'm basically at fox recommendation for now with max volume spacers in it!

I just received the needle bearing kit for the lower shock eye so I hope to get that installed tonight.
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I like it a lot just had a chance to ride it in the gravel drive way. Not use to the pedals yet. Steering feels great dropper post works nice. Brakes do not lock up even under hard application being the 203mm and me weighing 250. I will have to see how suspension works out no trails yet Raining.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Does anyone know if a stock Cane Creek DBAir CS comes stock with a volume reducer in it? The package had two in it. I just did not want to open it to see if it had any in it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Can anyone tell me the reach numbers on a Xl. I can't seem to find it on their site or anywhere else.

mtbr member
    480 mm
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Junersun any pics yet??

mtbr member
    I posted this on another thread but here's the needle bearing kit install on the lower shock eye

That was done tonight so I don't have any ride time on it yet. I did have ride time on the x2 as mentioned earlier but I was having too much fun to snap a pic... I'll get one soon.
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Very cool let us know how it turns out!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Does anyone know if a stock Cane Creek DBAir CS comes stock with a volume reducer in it? The package had two in it. I just did not want to open it to see if it had any in it.
    I have read in the CC-Lounge, Banshee ordered the shock with XV-Can and 1 large spacer in it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Here a Pic of my Rune, new Hope E4 Brakes waiting to get on Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-1968636-8j3rp3r1x41o-img_0028-large.jpg
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_0116.jpg

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Dakay, nothing like showering a bike with gifts!! Those are gonna make a huge improvement, just bed em in and grab a handful of brake lever before you hit the mountain...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Here a Pic of my Rune, new Hope E4 Brakes waiting to get on
    Great choice on the E4 (I have the same on my Rune).
    They take a little longer to bed in, but when they do, they are outstanding!!!
    Feel is simply amazing!

Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Here a Pic of my Rune, new Hope E4 Brakes waiting to get on Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1968636-8j3rp3r1x41o-img_0028-large.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	1054747
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	294.8 KB 
ID:	1054749
    Nice Bike and part selection Dakay! What brand are those break lines?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I have read in the CC-Lounge, Banshee ordered the shock with XV-Can and 1 large spacer in it.
    Dakay I ordered mine from Modernbike.com not XV-Can I got the regular can.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Nice Bike and part selection Dakay! What brand are those break lines?
    The blue? Was from a OEM avid elexir cr came with a Giant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Gotta love the Rune. Harder you push it, better it rides

Here is one muddy pic (the way it should be )

I'm finally happy with the shock choice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    shoshy how is the front mud flap? I thought about getting one myself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Get it, the little thing does wonders. No more mud in the face and i keep it all year round. I already messed up one fork with rock flying up and getting stuck between arch and stanchion, and that just won't do.

mud junkie
    If it came with your Rune then the answer is yes it should have one large volume spacer inside

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    No it was ordered by itself.

mud junkie
    No it was ordered by itself.
    Ahhh... Then it probably did not but not to worry you should have one in the box.. and it's pretty easy to install. Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have a Rune v2 with a CCDBA cs and have come across a great deal on a ccdb coil. Without sifting through 200+ pages of this thread, are there many people running a ccdb coil on the Rune? How does it pedal for trail riding? Just want the bike to handle chatter better than is does with the air shock. Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I ran one! It was good! You can def feel the weight on it though. The fox x2 is what I'm running now and it's out of this world.... Say what you want about it being like the db but it ride much higher in its travel and is active to the slightest touch.
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Looking at throwing a Vivid Air on a Rune, what tune is called for?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Something I didn't really realize till now is I'm having a helluva time getting clearance on my chainguide from rubbing the chain. I think when I'm on the 10t and 12t is about the only time the chain doesn't rub.

I'm running a mrp amg. I'm also 1x11 with a 30t chainring.

What's everyone using to get the clearance? I am interested in top chainguide and a bashguard. Thanks!
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

Braaap
    Something I didn't really realize till now is I'm having a helluva time getting clearance on my chainguide from rubbing the chain. I think when I'm on the 10t and 12t is about the only time the chain doesn't rub.

What's everyone using to get the clearance? I am interested in top chainguide and a bashguard. Thanks!
    No ISCG spacers? Try swapping the DS BB spacer to the NDS. A new chainguide won't solve anything, but the new AMg V2 is so nice. It makes everything else look like a dinosaur.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Are you using a 30t chainring on a 104 bcd spider? Then the chainring is offset inboards to let the chain clear the spidertabs. That messes up the chainline and the clearance to the guide.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post
    No ISCG spacers? Try swapping the DS BB spacer to the NDS. A new chainguide won't solve anything, but the new AMg V2 is so nice. It makes everything else look like a dinosaur.
    I currently have the spacer on the NDS side so my chainline stays as "good as it gets" for 1x. I actually need the spacer to go on the drive side to make the spacing work well but if I do that then I compromise my shifting pretty badly...
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystopism View Post
    Are you using a 30t chainring on a 104 bcd spider? Then the chainring is offset inboards to let the chain clear the spidertabs. That messes up the chainline and the clearance to the guide.
    my crankset is XX1 so currently it's on a spider (whatever SRAM's standard is... I can't keep track of all of these standards!). I haven't needed to get a new chainring yet but spiderless will be my next purchase when it's time...
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Very happy with it so far
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-12519119_946253495470001_342183448_n-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That is a serious bike!

mtbr member
    That's frame color is out of this world... Very nice!
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    That's frame color is out of this world... Very nice!
    Thanks, glad we were able to "remedy" that yellow

mtbr member
    Whats the difference in geometry between my 2013 Large frame and the 2016 large frames? I know they made it a bit more slack, anything else?
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Wheelbase is longer, seat angle is a little steeper...
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-first-ride.jpg

Super thrilled to join the Banshee family!! The Jenson deal was just too good to pass on. Nothing done really done on it yet other than a touch of purple here and there. Next upgrades will be a bars, stem, and a Race Face Dropper.

mtbr member
    Welcome! Enjoy the rune! She's a beast!
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Pretty Beast with the purple bits

How much does it weigh?

This bike is so sexy, just finished building it, haven't been on the trails in about 2 years now.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    That makes me wish Valhalla was ready for some runs! Congratz on the new ride.
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    f.l.t.r.: my Rune, my Ex-Rune, a friend's Rune.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    That's cool!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmj View Post
    Very happy with it so far
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12519119_946253495470001_342183448_n(1).jpg 
Views:	2307 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	1061605
    Looks awesome! ryanmj

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Awesome lighting in you picture Borgschulze ! I like it! Good job

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I love this thing and it rides even better than it looks.Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_5678.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MsvSpaz View Post
    I love this thing and it rides even better than it looks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5678.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	1063159
    Would look better in the flesh.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Rides better in the flesh too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    CCDB Air CS settings for Rune V2: I know there's all the base tune stuff, 17mm sag etc, but I'm interested in what are other people running for psi in the can. I'm 170lbs, and am running 80psi. Anyone else?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by samty View Post
    CCDB Air CS settings for Rune V2: I know there's all the base tune stuff, 17mm sag etc, but I'm interested in what are other people running for psi in the can. I'm 170lbs, and am running 80psi. Anyone else?
    I think Cane Creek say to start at your weight in lbs and minus 20, so you should be running a starting pressure of 150psi and then reduce or increase from there to get your 17mm of sag.
    I am running just under 150psi and weigh about 80kg plus gear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

My Rune on top of a local Castle

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm loving seeing all your runes here... and the great riding spots you have taken them to.

Just wanted to do a bit of forum research with you all if you don't mind... since you have runes and have had time on them... what is your opinion on the ammount of travel the frame offers. Do you have any desire for more, or for less, or is it just right for you?

Likewise for geometry... any changes you would like to see in future itterations?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Keith
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I'm loving seeing all your runes here... and the great riding spots you have taken them to.

Just wanted to do a bit of forum research with you all if you don't mind... since you have runes and have had time on them... what is your opinion on the ammount of travel the frame offers. Do you have any desire for more, or for less, or is it just right for you?

Likewise for geometry... any changes you would like to see in future itterations?

Thanks,
    Keith
    Hi keith,

of course we don't mind. you are the founder after all..

in my opinion
    1) amount of travel - it is just right for me. if i want more, i'll opt for darkside and i dont want any less than rune's travel. I might try to fit 170mm fork in the near future as currently im using 160mm pike.and we'll see how it goes.

2)Geometry - i own 2015 rune frame. i love it very much. i tried 2016 frame about 2 weeks ago and it feels strange. or awkward. mayb because im just 165cm tall so it just like the 2016 does not suit me. btw, no complain on my 2015 frame

mtbr member

Thanks,
    Keith
    Great bike Keith. I've been complete happy with mine and have put it through more than I ever thought I was capable for.

I would like to see the travel up to 165 mm. It would really distinguish itself from the spitfire where right now it's hard to make that decision.

I think HA is bang on. A few mm shorter chainstay couldn't hurt but I absolutely love how the wheelbase is more than 1200 mm.

Reach and Stack is bang on for me so I don't have an opinion about that.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Current Bikes

2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member

Thanks,
    Keith
    First of all, thanks for making such an awesome bike!!

In my opinion travelwise it's fine, 5mm up or down does not change things dramatically, the only thing I will change would be the leverage ratio to a slightly more progressive end of stroke.

Geometrically, just needs a lower bb and shorter chainstays to make it more manoeuvrable on thigh turns, to me that the only weak point in terms of geometry, everything else is spot on!

For the new rune I like to see a fixed Geo, no more flip chips, to make the bike lighter, just a one piece rear triangle, that would make the rear end even more stiff??

Nice to see the guys behind the bike around here looking for feedback!!

Thanks Keith!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I was just going to mention the leverage ratio and making it more progressive, however, with the DBAIR you can add bands to make it progressive. The geo on the 2016 seems pretty good. I have a 2014 and been very happy with.

I personally love the flip chips and different axle options that all the Banshee have. It gives us options and who doesn't like options. Another reason why it's great is where I ride, there are places with ledges and rocks that constantly hit my pedals on low BB setting, so on those days I flip the chips to the high position. On flow and fast trail where I'm going to rail the corners, I flip it to the low setting. It's so versatile! I don't think it will save that much weight going to a one piece triangle. Mine weighs 30.5 pounds and that's reasonable for burly bike. If I want light, I'll buy a less capable bike with less travel.

I guess the only change that others have also mentioned is making the chain stays a bit shorter. Oh, and bring back the raw finish. I love that industrial steam punk look that my bike has.

You created a great bike Keith and not much needs to be changed.

mtbr member
    TBH I was all about the short chainstay till I went 650b and noticed it climbs better and really didn't effect it any other way. I ride a lot of tight trails and I didn't notice the extra length.

The only thing I really wish for is a more upright seatpost to make it a bit better of a climber and shove the front end out a bit more to compensate for it. I should probably be on a XL frame though. Some added clearance at the drive side would be nice, my chain guard got chewed through and the chainstay is chewed up pretty good.

mtbr member
    Keith,

Love my 2014 Rune (still 26"!) , the reach was a little short but I think the 16's have hit the mark. As far as rear travel i think 160 is great, I don know that increasing it would do much. Like most the others said, I think a shorter chainstay would be great, and as much as I like 26" it's slowly going the way of the dodo. I think designing for strictly 650b is the way to go. Maybe offer drop out options that are longer for those who prefer a longer chainstay. Just another way for riders to fine tune their geometry. Head angle is spot on. I'd like to see maybe designing for a 170mm fork and still maintaining a nice low BB with 650b wheels. Lastly, with the advent of longer travel (170+mm) dropper post, maybe shorten the seat tubes, so riders can select frames more on reach. As stated earlier, a more progressive ratio (not to much so riders can still use air shocks) to make the frame more coil friendly, esp for us heavier riders.

Thanks for making awesome bikes and it's sweet that you are asking the riders, that's why Banshee is the best bike company.

Very Respectfully,
    Mike

mtbr member
    coming soon

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2016-04-28-08.22.47.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    been absolutely loving this thing so far this season! Eating up Whistler Squamish and Pemberton!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-12733966_10208566242496266_4294963309142007363_n.jpg  

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza_wil View Post
    been absolutely loving this thing so far this season! Eating up Whistler Squamish and Pemberton!
    Of course, it's a Banshee Rune in Rune habitat! Enjoy the ride, my friend!

My V1 dreams of Whistler! Instead he gets to rip Keystone and Valhalla...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member

Thanks,
    Keith
    Wish list for the Rune vs my 13 V2

Longer reach/TT, drop some weight, a bit more upright seat post. Honestly I LOVE my Rune and not being able to ride it right now I miss it. It is a bit hefty though and isn't a great climber. Its the no.1 weapon of choice though on the downs where I really want to be anyways

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Wish list for the Rune vs my 13 V2

Longer reach/TT, drop some weight, a bit more upright seat post. Honestly I LOVE my Rune and not being able to ride it right now I miss it. It is a bit hefty though and isn't a great climber. Its the no.1 weapon of choice though on the downs where I really want to be anyways
    My V1 wants a season pass at Valhalla...
    Doctor recommended...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Rune all day, every day! @builttoride here's my wishlist:

1) Bring back a Raw color option
    2) it would be nice to be able to hide all the cables within the frame
    3) Maybe, just maybe, one could think about removing the options to fit in different wheel sizes and adjusting the geometry and benefit from lower weight (keep the HA at 64,5 then, it rides like a dream)
    4) Shorter chainstays would be nice

If I could pick two of the above, I'd say 1) and 2) are on my wishlist!

Members who have read this thread: 149