Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 2872
    fad
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    somehow i cannot see my own post.

mtbr member
    Lookin good Fad. Good luck racing!

Here is mine currently as I got rid of the Pike and upgraded the shock. The Pushed RC2 Float 36 is amazing and I am loving the new Float-X CTD, a perfect match for this frame!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Does Fox have a special setup/valving available for the Float X and the Banshee V2 frames? Seems like a great upgrade from the CTD. Not really interested in the CBDBA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Does Fox have a special setup/valving available for the Float X and the Banshee V2 frames? Seems like a great upgrade from the CTD. Not really interested in the CBDBA.
    No special valving. All Float-X shocks even OEM versions will have a Medium tune. It really is an awesome shock. Feels bottomless with a true coil like subtle small bump feel while holding support in the mid. I had a DBAir on my carbon nomad and was not blown away, nice shock but too high maintenance for what it is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Second hand medium frame. Been riding with it couple weeks. So far this bike rocks!

Professional Troll
    It looks like people have mounted up straitline guides fine to this thing. Any reason they might be troublesome? No grinding or other mods are needed right?

Also, anyone mounted up an xfusion HLR air shock? Any compatibility issues?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    It looks like people have mounted up straitline guides fine to this thing. Any reason they might be troublesome? No grinding or other mods are needed right?

Also, anyone mounted up an xfusion HLR air shock? Any compatibility issues?
    The guide depends on cranks (chainline) and guide size, there are too many variations to test them all I'm afraid.

The HLR air fork will work just fine as long as it has the correct tune. X-fusion have the leverage curves and so can help with the tuning side of things.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The guide depends on cranks (chainline) and guide size, there are too many variations to test them all I'm afraid.
    Makes sense. I guess I'll just be prepared to machine away if needed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    G'day guys,

Very excited bike rider here after just putting a deposit on a stealth ano black frame!

Typically in the past when I build bikes I end up with surplus of parts after I've ordered the wrong parts so I want to get it right the first time!

I'm ordering a set of black pikes at the moment and was wondering if 150mm or 160mm suits best?

I'm so pumped to get the frame in November!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I am pretty sure Keith designed the bike around 160mm travel so I would stick with the 160 myself.

mtbr member
    160 for sure! Any official weigh loss #s on the frames?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    steeeeze, where did you order your frame from? did they guarantee a november delivery?

krj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    160 for sure! Any official weigh loss #s on the frames?
    200gr

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by krj View Post
    200gr
    Hmmm, 200g stealth routing & cool colors. Enough a reason to upgrade?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    200gr
    Where is this Information from?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Hmmm, 200g stealth routing & cool colors. Enough a reason to upgrade?
    Somebody mentioned a water bottle cage mount?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra View Post
    Somebody mentioned a water bottle cage mount?!
    I have always hated water bottle cages BUT think could benefit on some of my shorter rides. Riding without a pack is pretty nice!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have always hated water bottle cages BUT think could benefit on some of my shorter rides. Riding without a pack is pretty nice!
    Same here! Always thought of bottle cages that they are useless and uncool, but since last year Iīm a heavy user. Maybe it comes with the age

krj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Where is this Information from?
    German dealer dite ( Banshee Rune V2 26?/650B 2014 | Everyday26 ) claims it at 3.4 kg with a fox rear shock,

Hard funkinī Kraut
    German dealer dite ( Banshee Rune V2 26?/650B 2014 | Everyday26 ) claims it at 3.4 kg with a fox rear shock,
    Thanks. Thatīs my "Dealer" by the Way ...

Well, 200 Gramms lost in Frameweight seems like a lot when itīs Frame only. It was mentioned that the 2014ers get a little lighter due to the revised Rear-Triangle-Yokes, but canīt imagine it is going to be this much.
    Maybe Iīm completely wrong, but it must be more or less the Shock-Choice where most of the Weightsavings come from ... ?!?
    Anyway - if itīs a little lighter itīs good.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hmmm, what size frame I wonder? As an FYI my 2013 Spitfire size large in Raw is 7.61lbs (3.45kg) with Fox CTD shock. The dropouts add another .6lbs (2.72kg) for a total of 8.21lbs (3.72kg) without axle.

So depending on size the new Rune frame is lighter than the 2013 Spitfire? Would like to see a pic on a scale showing this.

mtbr member
    I would like to see a scale shot, with shock axle & dropouts of the new Rune!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Honestly 200 grams is not even 1/2lb. Unless it's in the wheels don't think anyone would even notice the difference. Save your money socalMX.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    heres mine after a long but worth it wait

black on black medium frame with 26" dropouts

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc05379.jpg

mtbr member
    Sweet! The first 'real' stealth model I've seen. Looks good, I have a Spitty on its way and after seeing this I am now super excited!

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Hmmm, what size frame I wonder? As an FYI my 2013 Spitfire size large in Raw is 7.61lbs (3.45kg) with Fox CTD shock. The dropouts add another .6lbs (2.72kg) for a total of 8.21lbs (3.72kg) without axle.

So depending on size the new Rune frame is lighter than the 2013 Spitfire? Would like to see a pic on a scale showing this.
    My raw, 2013 XL rune is 7 pounds 14 oz with all the hardware (shock bolts, axle, dropouts, hanger, seatpost clamps, etc.), but no shock.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    My raw, 2013 XL rune is 7 pounds 14 oz with all the hardware (shock bolts, axle, dropouts, hanger, seatpost clamps, etc.), but no shock.
    Fox CTD shock with bushings is .62lbs (9.92oz) if that's what you have so that would be 8.495lbs (call it 8.5) and that's for an XL. Wow, I thought the Spitty was supposed to be a good bit lighter? Maybe I should have built up a light weight Rune with an extra 20mm of travel.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    I donīt think this 3,4 kg including CTD is an accurate Number. Letīs wait and see what real Measurements of the 2014er Frames are in the next Time ...

Professional Troll
    Yeah I think the spitfire is in a bad place. Too frail for heavy use, too heavy for XC use. But then again, worrying about a single pound on a bike build is kind of dumb.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yeah I think the spitfire is in a bad place. Too frail for heavy use, too heavy for XC use. But then again, worrying about a single pound on a bike build is kind of dumb.
    I dunno, I'm really happy with mine. Doesn't feel like a 30lb bike at all. Efficient pedlar for sure.

Have you seen this review? 2013 Banshee Spitfire: Reviewed - NSMB.com Mountain Bike Reviews, News, Photo and Video

mtbr member

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

I am in agreement. On all accounts the Spitfire is a tough, capable and versatile and whilst it may be fractionally heavier than the competition this just instills me with confidence that in 5yrs I'll still be enjoying it as a daily ride. We are all numbed by the marketing machine with the belief that products are temporary and disposable, well why can't something be built to last? These frames are not cheap, actually it's a huge investment for me so it needs to take 5yrs of abuse minimum.

I am happy to take solid, dependable and trustworthy over lightweight any day!

Hard funkinī Kraut
    @ Gemini2k05
    I donīt think the Spitfire is in a bad Place at all. It has itīs own Class - a Hybrid between Trail and AM - thatīs a Niche that can suit many Riders who simply donīt need 160 mm Travel, but want the Downhill-Prowess of a capable AM Bike, due to the Spitfireīs unique Geometry.

Well, 200-300 Gramm less Weight is a lot for a Alu-Made-Frame. Iīm no Engineer and canīt imagine where to shave this, because the Tubing itself is not really heavy, itīs more contributed to all the Dropout-Flipchip-Adjustment, I think.
    But as mentioned elsewhere: Banshee somehow putīs Effort to lighten up the Frames - thatīs good!

Professional Troll
    Anyone had this problem before? I was building up my rune this morning (hasn't been ridden) and it appears the drive side dropout is bent outwards or something. The threads for the axles don't line up with the axle. It looks like it is bent outward. Yes the hub/wheel is fine. I tried flipping it backwards just for kicks and it kinda lines up that way, but not really. See pic. Am I crazy or is this dropout messed up? Wrong size? Wrong bike? Box was labeled correctly. I'd hate to have to wait another week for warrantied dropouts.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-p4pb10176510.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks bent to me

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk now Free

mtbr member
    More pictures from other angles might give a better view though

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk now Free

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Hmmm, I wish I could give you a more pleasing answer, but this looks like itīs got damaged/bent to me ...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hard to tell from that pic. There were some hangers that had bad alignment (one was mine) which would not allow the axle to thread in once the hanger was screwed into the dropout. Some filing would take care of it but Trident sent me a new hanger which they tested first for fit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Anyone had this problem before? I was building up my rune this morning (hasn't been ridden) and it appears the drive side dropout is bent outwards or something. The threads for the axles don't line up with the axle. It looks like it is bent outward. Yes the hub/wheel is fine. I tried flipping it backwards just for kicks and it kinda lines up that way, but not really. See pic. Am I crazy or is this dropout messed up? Wrong size? Wrong bike? Box was labeled correctly. I'd hate to have to wait another week for warrantied dropouts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb10176510.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	836900
    Can you send me a photo if it still doesn't line up with the dropout mounted the right way round? (hanger mounts on the inside)
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtan View Post
    heres mine after a long but worth it wait

black on black medium frame with 26" dropouts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05379.jpg 
Views:	6271 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	835987
    Looks sweet! Could you post a side shot with better lighting!

Professional Troll
    Can you send me a photo if it still doesn't line up with the dropout mounted the right way round? (hanger mounts on the inside)
    Nevermind, sorted it out. I thought it wasn't going in but the threads were just REALLY tight. All good now!

Also, the raw finish looks REALLY REALLY sick. Multiple people have commented on it already.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Nevermind, sorted it out. I thought it wasn't going in but the threads were just REALLY tight. All good now!

Also, the raw finish looks REALLY REALLY sick. Multiple people have commented on it already.
    Good stuff.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Looks sweet! Could you post a side shot with better lighting!
    I only have night shots at the moment. Hope this picture helps

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc05378.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Good morning!

Received my 2014 Rune yesterday (awesome frame, good work Keith and Banshee team).

I'm having a problem with the Blackspire Stinger chainguide, the standard Blackspire nuts seem to be too big (wide?) to fit in the ISCG holes (sorry for my bad english). The holes seem smaller than the ones in my previous Yeti frame, too, I would not like to force the screw in the hole risking damaging the ISCG mounts.

I would need to know what bolt size is needed for the ISCG05 in the new Rune, or... reassurement that these Blackspire bolts are the ones needed to install the chainguide.

Thank you!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Perhaps there is just a bit of clearcoat that has built up in there. Please try threading the bolt in without the guide in place to make it easier. The bolts will all be the same size as it is an industry standard.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

krj
    mtbr member
    Which is the Rune chainline ? How do I use spacer to install the bottom braket ?

I'm putting an XX1 crank and seems 3 spacers are required but I don't know how to put them in order to have the correct chainline.

1 or 2 in the drive side ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Perhaps there is just a bit of clearcoat that has built up in there. Please try threading the bolt in without the guide in place to make it easier. The bolts will all be the same size as it is an industry standard.
    Thank you Keith. I'll try harder, the frame is black so there's no clearcoat, but maybe there's some paint there that makes it harder to screw the bolt. I stopped pushing the bolt hard as soon as I felt some resistance, so maybe it's just that.

Professional Troll
    Get a tap in there if you can to try to clean up the threads.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    hi, any news on UK delivery dates? Im desperate for mine and been told 'mid october'.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Get a tap in there if you can to try to clean up the threads.
    That was it. There was some black paint in the start of the threads. I should have noticed earlier. Hard push on the bolts and they all started screwing nicely.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by diablosp View Post
    That was it. There was some black paint in the start of the threads. I should have noticed earlier. Hard push on the bolts and they all started screwing nicely.
    Yeah it's not uncommon on bikes. I always check all the frame threads, and slip fit interfaces before building up bikes. It's pretty easy to clean things up.