Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 700 of 2271
  1. #676
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,792
    Keith is right (of course). You do need a S3. CRC's product description has been wrong about this for at least a year. I went through this buying a S3 for my Prime, and I remember realizing that I needed to ignore CRC.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  2. #677
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    279
    thanks guys. to be clear, i'm railing here not against the design of the spitfire but (again) against the idiocy of the mtb industry:



    8 different slx front derailleurs... are you ****ing kidding me? and that doesn't include the god-knows-how-many road bike standards there are
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #678
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
    thanks guys. to be clear, i'm railing here not against the design of the spitfire but (again) against the idiocy of the mtb industry:



    8 different slx front derailleurs... are you ****ing kidding me? and that doesn't include the god-knows-how-many road bike standards there are
    Haha, welcome to my world!

    I wonder how many other industries think a standard is something that they can apply to any new design they feel like coming up with, rather than something that should be thought through very carfeully in the first place, and stuck to by all manufacturers to make life easier for veryone including customers. Standards in this industry tend to just be made up by big companies to make more money if you ask me! (not that I'm bitter! haha). That said, I think the S3 standard is best all round for clearance reasons.

    Yeah, CRC have the spec wrong, they have S2 and S3 swapped round the wrong way... which isn't very helpful.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

  4. #679
    Hard funkinī Kraut
    Reputation: NoStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    ... That said, I think the S3 standard is best all round for clearance reasons ...
    I can confirm this. Installation is a No-Brainer and Clearance everywhere!
    Iīm a Shimano-Guy for many Years, but first Time switched to a SRAM X0/S3/36-22T/Bottom-Pull Frontmech for my Spitfire, because I want Things go easy and free of Trouble.

  5. #680
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,792
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Yeah, CRC have the spec wrong, they have S2 and S3 swapped round the wrong way... which isn't very helpful.
    CRC actually have one of the clearer descriptions of the different mounts I've found - it's a shame it's backwards...

    Quote Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
    8 different slx front derailleurs... are you ****ing kidding me? and that doesn't include the god-knows-how-many road bike standards there are
    If you think that's bad, look at SRAM's lineup. I really had trouble hunting down the one I needed last year. SRAM also has multiple cage sizes for different chainring ranges. How does anyone maintain that kind of inventory? The answer turned out to be that they don't. Maybe it's better now that their 10 speed drivetrains have been on the market for a while.

    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-bti_sram.jpg
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  6. #681
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post

  7. #682
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hikers Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Fun!
    Nice!!

    Are you running a 10spd chain on the XX1 cranks and chainring?

  8. #683
    ptd
    ptd is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post
    Nice!!

    Are you running a 10spd chain on the XX1 cranks and chainring?
    I went xx1 chain because of the alleged longer life / stronger..

  9. #684
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hikers Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    I went xx1 chain because of the alleged longer life / stronger..
    Correct me If I'm wrong but are you running a 10spd cassette and saint rear der.? How is that meshing with the XX1 chain?

  10. #685
    ptd
    ptd is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post
    Correct me If I'm wrong but are you running a 10spd cassette and saint rear der.? How is that meshing with the XX1 chain?
    That's right, working fine so far.

  11. #686
    ptd
    ptd is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    @ ptd:
    Awesome Rune
    Are these the 2.25 or 2.35 Hans Dampf? Could you please measure the Clearance between Tire and Yokes/Chain- Seatstays?
    2.35 Hans Dampf.
    Seat stay 14mm
    Seat stay bridge 15mm
    Chain stay 15mm
    Chain stay bridge 16mm

  12. #687
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    2.35 Hans Dampf.
    ]Seat stay 14mm
    Seat stay bridge 15mm
    Chain stay 15mm
    Chain stay bridge 16mm
    Big clearance everywhere. Makes me really curious about running 650B wheel in the 26" dropouts. I'd be totally fine chopping 10mm off those bold measurments and having shorter 650B dropouts. Am I the only one who thinks the 650B drops are fugly?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

  13. #688
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693

    Breaking her in!

    From my second ride last weekend on the V2. Very much digging the feel of it on the trail, especially in the neutral setting w/160 fork.

    https://vimeo.com/58162694
    Ride On!

  14. #689
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed View Post
    Still waiting on my front deraileur and chain so figured I would post in the meantime

    Plan to swap out wheels and run my I9 DH set also

    Attachment 754315

    Attachment 754316

    Hi
    very very nice
    but how can it be this frame does not have the ugly welding between the top tube and the seat tube?
    Thanks

  15. #690
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    104
    That is some f'in beautiful riding, man.

    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    From my second ride last weekend on the V2. Very much digging the feel of it on the trail, especially in the neutral setting w/160 fork.

    https://vimeo.com/58162694

  16. #691
    Hard funkinī Kraut
    Reputation: NoStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    2.35 Hans Dampf.
    Seat stay 14mm
    Seat stay bridge 15mm
    Chain stay 15mm
    Chain stay bridge 16mm
    Thank you very much. This is massiv Clearance.

    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Big clearance everywhere. Makes me really curious about running 650B wheel in the 26" dropouts. I'd be totally fine chopping 10mm off those bold measurments and having shorter 650B dropouts. Am I the only one who thinks the 650B drops are fugly?
    That was my first Thought too.
    Seriously: If this Clearance is offered on the Spitfire too, than there should be no big Problem to go with Hans Dampf 2.25/2.35 and 26 Dropouts.
    But no - I donīt think the 650B Dropouts are fugly. I have both 26 and 650B 142x12 and the Difference is right about 10 mm in Lenght. Visually hard to set appart.

    @ All, just for the Interest:
    Iīm running mostly 2 Tires - Maxxis Highroller II 2.4 and Onza Ibex FR 2.25. Both great Tires, like them a lot!
    Yesterday I got Feedback from Onza Tires. They are testing a Ibex FR 650B 2.4 Version. Launch is planned in April/May. A Ibex FR 2.25 for 650B is planned too.

  17. #692
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MartinS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by meekkho View Post
    Hi
    very very nice
    but how can it be this frame does not have the ugly welding between the top tube and the seat tube?
    Thanks
    There is nothing ugly about the welding, but there is no brace on the small frame size.

  18. #693
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    From my second ride last weekend on the V2. Very much digging the feel of it on the trail, especially in the neutral setting w/160 fork.

    https://vimeo.com/58162694
    , wish we had stuff and dirt like that down here in arid AZ. Nice riding! Oh we have some stuff .
    JRA

  19. #694
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    From my second ride last weekend on the V2. Very much digging the feel of it on the trail, especially in the neutral setting w/160 fork.

    https://vimeo.com/58162694
    that was very nice. trails look great for january. i have to get out to oregon sometime, i love that type of terrain. the dirt looks beautiful

  20. #695
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    that was very nice. trails look great for january. i have to get out to oregon sometime, i love that type of terrain. the dirt looks beautiful
    Thanks, was only my third time riding there in many years since having kids as it is almost 2hrs each way from home. Was the perfect storm for great dirt riding conditions that day for sure with dry, fast, yet tacky conditions. Now, we are back to the usual 40 degree wet, slop-like conditions, which makes me dream of AZ or other SW riding. Sedona in 6 weeks though, can't wait to see how the V2 digs the terrain at red rock country!
    Ride On!

  21. #696
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkslide18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    From my second ride last weekend on the V2. Very much digging the feel of it on the trail, especially in the neutral setting w/160 fork.

    https://vimeo.com/58162694
    Bonzai is looking good. Riding this weekend?

    I just swapped my WTB Bronsons for my Minion DHF's. I like the Bronsons a lot but with the thin single ply I cant run them at the pressures I like with out burping them. Burped them twice at Sandy last Sunday. The DHF's are the single ply Exo's but the sidewalls are far more substantial. Plus the DHF's corner better.

  22. #697
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Thanks, was only my third time riding there in many years since having kids as it is almost 2hrs each way from home. Was the perfect storm for great dirt riding conditions that day for sure with dry, fast, yet tacky conditions. Now, we are back to the usual 40 degree wet, slop-like conditions, which makes me dream of AZ or other SW riding. Sedona in 6 weeks though, can't wait to see how the V2 digs the terrain at red rock country!
    Shred sedonuts all the time, an hr away. Give us a hoot if you need some trail hookup while there. Also, the Dells are close by .
    JRA

  23. #698
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Bonzai is looking good. Riding this weekend?

    I just swapped my WTB Bronsons for my Minion DHF's. I like the Bronsons a lot but with the thin single ply I cant run them at the pressures I like with out burping them. Burped them twice at Sandy last Sunday. The DHF's are the single ply Exo's but the sidewalls are far more substantial. Plus the DHF's corner better.
    Hopefully this Sunday, will be a little wet, but shouldn't be too bad. Have bad cold right now, but still riding!
    Ride On!

  24. #699
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech View Post
    Shred sedonuts all the time, an hr away. Give us a hoot if you need some trail hookup while there. Also, the Dells are close by .
    Thanks, will do. Will be arriving solo for work stuff as well, but should have some good opportunities to ride as this will be my third time down.
    Ride On!

  25. #700
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Big clearance everywhere. Makes me really curious about running 650B wheel in the 26" dropouts. I'd be totally fine chopping 10mm off those bold measurments and having shorter 650B dropouts. Am I the only one who thinks the 650B drops are fugly?
    I second that

Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •