Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    I'm actually a big fan of the 40 headset, have one on my legend and one of my wildcard and my girlfriend has one on her Rune. All of them have been great for us. Maybe you just got a lemon.

For weight, i'm estimating that the large will be just over 8.5lbs w/ a CCDBa. My goal is 30lbs or under with an adjustable post and 2ply tires. Wish me luck.
    I always jived well with 40 series as well, but were EC lowers. Zerostack 40 bearing with wet and dirty riding won't last I am afraid. You can get a 110 lower cup zerostack for a good price at Universal . Good luck with the weight, pretty ambitious especially with DH tread and dropper post. Heading to Blackrock in a few
    Ride On!

Calm like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    I always jived well with 40 series as well, but were EC lowers. Zerostack 40 bearing with wet and dirty riding won't last I am afraid. You can get a 110 lower cup zerostack for a good price at Universal . Good luck with the weight, pretty ambitious especially with DH tread and dropper post. Heading to Blackrock in a few
    I went 110 in mine also, 40 series has very short life expectancy in the PNW

Jon let us know how the Rune performs, thinking about your ride report from yesterday. I think the slacker HA on v2 is probably why you may have leaned towards the V1 for better climbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    I'm actually a big fan of the 40 headset, have one on my legend and one of my wildcard and my girlfriend has one on her Rune. All of them have been great for us. Maybe you just got a lemon.

For weight, i'm estimating that the large will be just over 8.5lbs w/ a CCDBa. My goal is 30lbs or under with an adjustable post and 2ply tires. Wish me luck.
    Sorry mate but you are going to need more than good luck

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Just received the Flouro Yellow color. It's LOUD. Looks great.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Uaaahhhh, that´s so awesome

mtbr member
    i've had ok luck with 40 series headsets. when i get them though, i fully clean the stock grease out and re-grease with a high quality bearing grease i get from work. it's made for extreme wet applications. so far they have held up well with this treatment, external and internal style and it's a lot cheaper than 110 or chris king.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemech23 View Post

I thought they were only going to be available in Blue, Black and Raw. That looks sick!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed View Post
    I went 110 in mine also, 40 series has very short life expectancy in the PNW

Jon let us know how the Rune performs, thinking about your ride report from yesterday. I think the slacker HA on v2 is probably why you may have leaned towards the V1 for better climbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Alright, after today's ride at Blackrock can easily say this bike totally rips! Was still getting use to the taller and slacker front end while climbing since I was unable to drop the fork down like i usually do on the steep grinds due to blown adjustable fork last week. The bike did seem to climb better the more I went up the hill though and really shined on all the fun freeridey descents. Was able to hit stuff higher, farther, and harder than on my SB just the week prior at same locale. Conditions were pretty spectacular up ther today though. Most fun I had at Blackrock to date, mostly due to bike. The V2 does feel like a true AM/FR machine than the previous model as well. Pretty happy with the bike now as just general somewhat flat trail riding like I did yesterday wasn't enough for it. Had so much fun today that I pretty much rode continuously for at least 4 hours with multiple times up to the top. Great job with design and execution Keith, Jay and Banshee!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Finally got the Large Ano black Rune built up. I can't wait to get this bike up to black rock!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    It will like BR very much as I just came back from there for first time with Rune. Perfect bike for the place as it allows to get multiple runs in with minimal effort.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Took my Rune 2 on a bit of an adventure over Christmas weekend here in Taiwan. Such an amazingly versatile bike.

Taiwan By Storm - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    I only ride the zero stack 40 headsets and all have lasted since they were released and I ride in the PNW. Opinions appreciated but I'll stick with what has worked with me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Does anyone have the stand over height with 650b?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by general lee View Post
    Took my Rune 2 on a bit of an adventure over Christmas weekend here in Taiwan. Such an amazingly versatile bike.

Taiwan By Storm - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB
    "...back home in Vermont..."; What part are you from? Curious, as I am also a native VT'er.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Resnick View Post
    Does anyone have the stand over height with 650b?
    Here’s the same bike with 26” and 650b dropouts and wheels. I don’t have an accurate measurement, but it “feels” about 10mm higher. Note that I haven’t dropped the travel on the Lyrik to 150mm yet, so some of the rise is from that...

Edit: well, there's two images when I preview the post, but just one when I save it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-26x.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-650bx.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    the missing 650b image...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-650bx.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by belljeffw View Post
    the missing 650b image...
    What kind of clearance between the arch and the tire are you getting with the Lyrik?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by belljeffw View Post
    Here’s the same bike with 26” and 650b dropouts and wheels.
    belljeffw, did you ever try to put the 650b rear wheel on the 26er dropout? Just my curiosity, but I'd be interested in knowing if there would be enough clearance for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    belljeffw, did you ever try to put the 650b rear wheel on the 26er dropout? Just my curiosity, but I'd be interested in knowing if there would be enough clearance for it.
    No, unfortunately I ordered the 135X10 dropouts for the 26" wheels, and didn't have the hub spacers to adapt my 650b rear wheel. My memory of how close a fit it was makes me think you would have problems using the 26" dropouts with 650b wheels, but I could be wrong.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    What kind of clearance between the arch and the tire are you getting with the Lyrik?
    It's a little under 1/4" (6mm). Slogging through deep mud might be a problem : )

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Fun!

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    @ ptd:
    Awesome Rune
    Are these the 2.25 or 2.35 Hans Dampf? Could you please measure the Clearance between Tire and Yokes/Chain- Seatstays?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemech23 View Post
    frikkin awesome. means mine can't be TOO far away. better get onto getting my 650 wheels built up!

shame it didn't make it for my trip to queenstown this weekend but I didn't build up my hopes that it would so all good!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    All SRAM S3 offering work with good clearance.
    so i picked up my spitfire frame today. down at the lbs, looking through a local distributor's website, trying to figure out which front derailleur to order. unfortunately we couldn't rely on the catalogue or the website - the descriptions and part numbers the distributor listed didn't line up with either the shimano or sram website. so, looking for clarity, we headed over to the crc website - surely they'd have an accurate run down of the different front derailleur standards?

but no - while i've been told by everyone in the know that i need an s3 derailleur for my frame, crc is telling me i need an s2, as the drl mounting holes on the frame are clearly offset as described above under spec 2. so, assuming keith is right, since i can't get one through my lbs, do i order a s2 derailleur, assuming crc got their descriptions mixed up? or an s3, assuming their internal processes are right even if the website copy got goofed

what a ****ing mess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-screen-shot-2013-01-23-8.24.23-pm.png  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I may be able to help as I purchased a spec 3 X0 from CRC, for this very job, and it has the offset holes. (as per the description for the spec 2 above)

I have it in front of me

i can take a pic if it helps with the packaging.

Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast