Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast
    The Mountain Bike Life
    What headset for a straight 1 1/8 steerer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    What headset for a straight 1 1/8 steerer?
    ZS44 top/ZS56 lower with a 30mm crown race.

The Mountain Bike Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    ZS44 top/ZS56 lower with a 30mm crown race.
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    I just have to say how much this bike rocks!!! So far I have ridden it at our local freeride and jump trail to a 35 mile, 5500 feet ride, and it has handled everything. When pointed DH its way faster than the V1 to the point where i scared myself a little as I wasn't expecting it

Thank you Banshee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc_5733.jpg  

mtbr member
    These new Runes are really making me envious. They're all looking really really good!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    starting my build tonight...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-538523_10151407793040953_1869772644_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sorry, posting one more time. My first round of pix didn't turn out so well. I like this one:

mtbr member
    That's a sweet picture!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Finished the build today. First ride tomorrow. Quick spin round the house and I instantly noticed waaaay less pedal bob. Size wise the large feels great, I always felt too cramped on my V1 Medium. I'll throw on a 50mm stem, 2012 XT brakes and a lighter wheelset and it should be perfect. The raw metal under clearcoat looks amazing in the daylight and the whole frame right down to the pivot axles is on a new level of finesse compared to the V1. Big thanks to Keith@Banshee and Zac@Trident for helping sort me out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-runev2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi guys!!

Wow, nearly 25 pages of runes thoughts!!! Really Like it!!! So after 2 months using the bike and handle it in any possible conditions (Including bikepark session)... I have to say... THIS IS THE BIKE!!!

BRUTAL....

I want to show yours my Rune with 2 different builds.

1. DH Configuration ( I have the vivid coil waiting for a K9 spring so.. figure out the bike with the coil... see the slack angles and how the bike appears.... itīs a killer bike! ) (About 16 kilos)

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2012-12-22-19.08.09.jpg
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2012-12-22-19.10.11.jpg

2. Enduro configuration... 14,2 kilos Simply the perfect enduro bike!!

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-01-06-14.47.17.jpg
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2013-01-06-14.47.06.jpg

Thanks keith for design a bike for the hard bikers
    Last edited by AdrianoMTB; 01-06-2013 at 06:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello AdrianoMTB,

I see you are not using a front derailleur here? Why do you do that? Is the single 36 ring enough? I'd appreciate advice on that, because most of the riders here in Russia say you need a front derailleur on a mid-travel bike, whereas one American guy I know who's been riding for all his life says it's only required when "climbing trees".

I'd also appreciate it if you shared your experience wrt installing the LG1+ guide in combination with the XT triple crankset. Do the small ring tabs get in the way of the chain guide backplate? Did you have to grind them off?

Also, how are the XT cranks holding up in downhill? Any chance to break them?

Other than that, I have to say you guys must be crazy professional. I see lots of CCDB's and even some BOS shocks in this thread, that's crazy expensive, there must be some real reason to spend that much on professional hardware.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWiseNuthatch View Post
    Hello AdrianoMTB,

I see you are not using a front derailleur here? Why do you do that? Is the single 36 ring enough? I'd appreciate advice on that, because most of the riders here in Russia say you need a front derailleur on a mid-travel bike, whereas one American guy I know who's been riding for all his life says it's only required when "climbing trees".
    I find a 2 tooth smaller chainring to largest rear cog is enough for me. I'm running 34T front 11-36 back. When I'm fit I've found 36T front 11-36 back enough. Riding the same trails, my friend uses 2x front with 11-36, he wouldn't consider a single front. So it depends what you like/fitness/style.

Other than that, I have to say you guys must be crazy professional. I see lots of CCDB's and even some BOS shocks in this thread, that's crazy expensive, there must be some real reason to spend that much on professional hardware.
    It seems from this thread there are lots of enthusiasts who have chosen the frame/gear becuase it's fun. My situation is after 20+ years of mtb'ing it's a luxury to have stuff like the CCDB and this frame, it's replacing 2 bikes, and it's fun...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hello AdrianoMTB,

I'd also appreciate it if you shared your experience wrt installing the LG1+ guide in combination with the XT triple crankset. Do the small ring tabs get in the way of the chain guide backplate? Did you have to grind them off?

Also, how are the XT cranks holding up in downhill? Any chance to break them?

Hello DaWiseNuthatch (good nick )

Iīm not using a front dérailleur in the Rune cause my local trails and the ways where I use to go up with the bike (mostly of them are wide semi roads) are not very technical in the uphill.. just go with good cadence and good fitness level. Obviously itīs not my first time with 1 ring in the front.. so my body is habituate to run with this kind gear.

Anyway the most important thing is how your fitness level are, so itīs depend on your capacity to maintain this kind of gears, in my case until now Iīm able to move that gears but I use to train 4 days a week plus the weekend route... probably the day I expend only 1 or 2 days with the bike I will build 2 rings again or the SRAM XX1

My combination in the bike is 11-36 in the rear and a 30t in front. not complex and specially physical.

The combination with the e-thirrteen LG1 and the 30T ring are awesome, no issues and the chain line is fine so, good.

In the downhill the cranks performance are perfect to be honest, no issues, no scare about brake it.. just fine again

About the thread of shocks like the CCDBīs or BOS or something like that.. I do not know the case of our partners but in my case I had a Ibis mojo hd later and a DH bike so I decided to reduced them in only 1.. the Rune... so itīs perfect, thatīs why most people of this forum have this amazing builds on their Runes.

Cheers!

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    BOOM. Its been a long time in the works:

Calm like a Bomb
    Those who ordered a CCDBa, did you have to order a special tune shock for the Rune?

mtbr member
    You can find the base tune here: Cane Creek DBAIR Suspension Base Tunes

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stunzeed View Post
    Those who ordered a CCDBa, did you have to order a special tune shock for the Rune?
    Kieth posted this earlier. Notice he recommends one large volume spacer.

builttoride
    mtbr member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Any more info on the internal spacers? I ask because the frame warrantys are only available from Trident with the Fox Float or no shock, so if I wanted to buy a CCDB air and get the HV can just wondering what internal spacers i would need.

Rune spec for the DBair is Xvol can with 1 large volume spacer. Base settings are as follows:

LSR - 14 clicks in
    LSC - 10 clicks in
    HSR - 2 turns in
    HSC - 2 turns in

mtbr member

V2 build specs

Frame just arrived the other day! Everything looks good with exception of BB shell that looks like it needs to be faced/chased. Now just waiting for the 142x12 dropouts/axle as I was sent the wrong ones from Trident (135xQR) with frame initially, then it's build time and hope to take it out for it's maiden voyage this time next week!

FRAME: Banshee Rune V2 Medium
    SHOCK: Rockshox Monarch RC3+ HV low tune
    FORK: Rockshox Lyrik DH RC2 160 air
    WHEELS: Stans Flow EX/Hadley hubs
    FRONT TIRE: Specialized Butcher Control 2.3
    REAR TIRE: Specialized Purgatory UST 2.3
    HEADSET: Cane Creek 110 zerostack
    STEM: Thomson X4 50mm
    BARS: Chromag OSX gold 780mm
    GRIPS: ODI Troy Lee Designs
    BRAKES: Shimano Saint 180/160
    DRIVETRAIN: Shimano Saint cranks w/Blackspire 36/24 rings + bash (2x9), Saint RD/shifters, XT FD, SRAM 990 cassette/991 Hollowpin chain
    BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano Saint
    PEDALS: Crankbrothers Mallet 2
    SEAT POST: Thomson 410mm, KindShock Supernatural 150 when needed
    SEAT: Chromag Trailmaster DT
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The frame shouldn't need faced (everything is faced chased and reamed before leaving the factory), although sometimes on painted frames it looks a little like it might be required due to the weld around the ISCG. If in doubt you can send me a photo and I'll confirm keith@bansheebikes.com.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Just got done building this LG up. Went with the LG air reducer sleeve in the can, hope that helps but not sure it needed it. Hitting the Dells tomorrow for its 1st romp and see how it handles. Feels very nimble around the hood, kinda like a SC Blur? Comes in at 32.5lbs. Cant wait for the romp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune.jpg.jpg  

JRA

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    For anyone waiting on the 650b dropouts...

I called Trident today and they had apparently dropped that part of my order, since they didn't have any when the frame shipped. I was told they have "a few" in stock with more to come by the middle of February, and I had to give him my CC number again. It was pretty clear they wouldn't have sent the rest of my order if I hadn't called back. So if you're waiting for dropouts, give them a call...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The frame shouldn't need faced (everything is faced chased and reamed before leaving the factory), although sometimes on painted frames it looks a little like it might be required due to the weld around the ISCG. If in doubt you can send me a photo and I'll confirm keith@bansheebikes.com.
    Yeah, the BB area doesn't look like it needs to be faced/chased at all when looking at BB shell face head on. It's only when you run your finger over the face of BB shell surface that it your fingers catches a bit of material protruding off the rim of the shell from the inner threads, making the shell face not totally flush or smooth feeling. I never had to have a new frame faced before or really know what determines if so, just curious as it doesn't feel totally smooth and flush at the face and wondering if it will impact BB install at all? Myself and a friend were going to do the build this weeekend, but going to have favorite LBS frame builder do it instead and sure he will be able to make that determination. Probably shoot you an up close pick as well just to make sure too.
    Thx Keith,
    Jon
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Awesomeness! Still loving the blue very much even though I went polished raw with mine. Let us know how the ride goes.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Got my Raw frame a week ago. I'm going to start building Feb 15th

Build is as follows so far
    Med Rune W/ Fox CTD and 142 rear axle
    2013 Talas RC2 Factory
    Stans Laced to hope evo2
    RF Atlas Cranks
    Nuke proof bars and stem
    2010 Saint Shifter pods
    SLX Front D (if it fits)
    2011 Saint 9 Speed D
    New Saint Pedals
    2013 Saint Brakes.
    reverb
    Chromag Trail master LTD

I'm still thinking about Tires and head set.

I can't wait to build this bike. I'm hoping for a sub 34lbs build.

I'll post up once it's built!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hans Dampfs are sikkkkk.

Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 ... LastLast