Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2945
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Haha unfortunately the 5 forks were all before my days at Banshee when I rode much harder... plus at east 2 of them were from bad cases (nose case one, and rear case another) so my fault. I also snapped 12 frames before my banshee days. Not snapped any since!
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi everybody I plan on ordering a new Rune. I'm 6'3'' (190.5cm) what size should i get? I plan on using a 50mm stem and 800mm bars. I'm currently riding a bandit xl with a 24.5'' top tube and the seattube is 21'', the seat tube feels to long on my bandit and the toptube with a 50mm stem feels just right. I prefer a smaller bike.
    will the large be to small? Will the 25'' toptube be to long on the XL ? I've heard the bike feels pretty long for its size. Any info would be awesome!
    Last edited by nate350sxf; 05-15-2013 at 01:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm no expert size-wise but that definitely looks like you should get the XL.

MTB B'dos
    Personally since you kind of split the difference in the ETT between the L and XL and then say you prefer a smaller bike, I'd have to tend to say go for the L and if you need it go to a 60mm stem to make up the reach difference. Me personally at 6'2.25" with long arms and inseam prefer the fit of the XL where I use a 65mm stem and 785mm bar, but then I suffer the longer wheelbase which is more of a hassle in the tight stuff, but more stable on the fast stuff, have wondered what a L with 80-90mm stem would be like - FYI I'm on a XL Prime with 25.4" ETT.

Quote Originally Posted by nate350sxf View Post
    Hi everybody I plan on ordering a new Rune. I'm 6'3'' (190.5cm) what size should i get? I plan on using a 50mm stem and 800mm bars. I'm currently riding a bandit xl with a 24.5'' top tube and the seattube is 21'', the seat tube feels to long on my bandit and the toptube with a 50mm stem feels just right. I prefer a smaller bike.
    will the large be to small? Will the 25'' toptube be to long on the XL ? I've heard the bike feels pretty long for its size. Any info would be awesome!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm at 188cm riding a large, also prefer a slightly smaller frame, just in the process of deciding if I prefer a 50mm or 65mm stem.

With the low stack height / short head tube it feels longish for a 24inch top tube.

mtbr member
    180cm and I ordered a medium. Comparing the reach between the M Rune and my SM Demo 8, the Rune came out slightly longer and I'm hoping it doesn't feel too long for me. To be fair, I like my bikes really small. I was on a M Wildcard before, but never felt as comfortable on it as I did on a friend's SM Wildcard. I guess what I'm saying is, if you want a play bike, get something smaller and if you want something for all day rides, get the bigger bike.

mtbr member
    anyone know of a large rune available, seems they are sold out everywhere.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas View Post
    180cm and I ordered a medium. Comparing the reach between the M Rune and my SM Demo 8, the Rune came out slightly longer and I'm hoping it doesn't feel too long for me. To be fair, I like my bikes really small. I was on a M Wildcard before, but never felt as comfortable on it as I did on a friend's SM Wildcard. I guess what I'm saying is, if you want a play bike, get something smaller and if you want something for all day rides, get the bigger bike.
    Hola Juan,
    From my experience I'd recommend you the L size.
    I'm 182cm and I ordered an M, when I got it, the bike was really small for me. I traded for an L size and now is perfect.

mtbr member
    It's all good, Jalafer. I'm used to tiny bikes and I prefer them. Reach numbers say it's actually a tiny bit longer than the small Demo 8 I'm coming from.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I just placed my order for a large. I hope i made the right choice. I had a large tracer 275 for a while and that bike felt alright, so we'll see what happens. Thanks everybody for the info!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Had lots of fun with my Rune in the park. Tested the slack setting and like it a lot, only thing that annoys me is that I'm still riding without a chain guide.

Last edited by MindPatterns; 05-21-2013 at 05:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    what is the rise of this handlebar afterall? 15mm or 30mm?? by the way the bike looks fantastic? how d you like the tires?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    what is the rise of this handlebar afterall? 15mm or 30mm?? by the way the bike looks fantastic? how d you like the tires?
    sorry for the double post

Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Spent this morning building her up. This is one mean and purposeful looking rig. Cant wait to ride it. Haven't weighed it yet but I'm guessing around 32 lbs.

mtbr member
    New to this site, but I demo'd a Rune at the weeknd and decided that it was the bike for me to replace my well use and slightly battered SX Trail. Should hopefully pick it up at the weekend.

Have gone for a large black one with a Cane Creek DB Air because I didn't like the Fox CTD shock.

Will be built up with the parts from my SX - 36 Van RC2's, Thomon stem, Answer 780 DH bars, XT 783 brakes, Sram X9 1x10 drivetrain, RF Atlas cranks, Easton wheels and a Reverb.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Welcome to the family

mtbr member
    Suspension still needs setting up, hoses and cables need to be lengthened and tidied up , the chain needs to be shortened and I'm not too sure about the chain guide. Talk about tight clearance on the guide, I think I might need a different guide.

Size: M
    Brakes: Shimano XT M785 203F/180R
    Cassette: Shimano DuraAce 12-23t
    Chain: KMC X9SL
    Chainguide: E13 SRS+ 32t Special (I might need a regular SRS+)
    Chainring: E13 Guide Ring
    Cranks: Truvativ Descendent
    Fork: X-Fusion Vengeance HLR
    Gears: SRAM X9
    Grips: ODI X-Trainer
    Handlebar: Deity CZ38 Special
    Headset: Hope
    Pedals: HT EVO AE01
    Saddle: Charge Spoon
    Shock: Cane Creek DBAir
    Stem: Straitline SSC
    Tyres: Continental Baron BC 26X2.3 / Schwalbe Hans Dampf 26X2.35
    Wheels: Octane One 31 w Sapim Race Spokes w Hope Pro II Hubs
    Misc: Mixture of Alloy and Ti bolts throughout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-photo-1-.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-photo.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-photo-rv2.jpg  

Last edited by juanbeegas; 05-30-2013 at 10:00 AM.

beater

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Saw a black one on the trail yesterday. It really is a mean-looking bike. It just looks fast, more so than the other bikes in its class.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have been riding the Rune V2 with a Fox Talas 180 and it rides perfect, I have it for 6 month now and wonīt change a thing on this bike, is the perfect bike, I only lower the fork to 140 when the climb is really hard, if not I go up in 180
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Could anyone advise if Blakspire Stinger ISGS05 chainguide compatible with Banshee Rune V.2?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Yes, a Stinger does fit on the V2-Bikes, but is maybe a non-optimized Solution as Chain-Device. You have to be aware that the Pulley is very low/exposed between the CS-Yoke and Chainring.

@ juanbeegas and alattack:
    Very nice Runes! Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Anyone knows if a e13 TRS (that's for a dual setup) will fit the Rune?

mtbr member

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Yes, ir fit, but you have to trim the top fin because interferes with the low direct mount of the front drilleaur, I don't know if there is any TRS dual without that fin on top, but mine got it, but no big deal to make it to fit

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the reply. Are you using the RS or the TRS+? How much of the top fin do you have to take away? Could you post a picture of your setup? That would be great! (Specially interested in the position of the plley and the fin!)

mtbr member
    it's the TRS+, let me take some pictures this afternoon and I will post them, so you'll have a better idea

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    You're the man, thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Yes, a Stinger does fit on the V2-Bikes, but is maybe a non-optimized Solution as Chain-Device. You have to be aware that the Pulley is very low/exposed between the CS-Yoke and Chainring.
    Agreed that it is a non-optimized. I have install it and found that Stinger would not work properly with Rune V.2, suggest same situation with Pryme and Spitfire.

mtbr member

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

There you go

If you need more please tell me

FM
    mtbr member

Chainguide woes

FOod for thought, if you go w/ a clutch rear derailleur, ideally mid cage, there really is no need for a lower chainguide.
    Also 10-spd shimano rear derailuers work great with 9spd SRAM shifters.

My chainguides are all coming off!

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Great FM - somehow my same Thought after debating which Chain-Device would work properly for Months now ...
    Iīm in Need to Upgrade my old XT 2x9 to 2x10 and will go the same Root: Shadow+ and a simple small Piece of rubber Water-hose zip-tied close to the Big Frontring. Not as a true Device, but just a little more Tension to avoid Chainrubb at the lower Yoke when in the Small-Ring.

FM
    mtbr member
    and a simple small Piece of rubber Water-hose zip-tied close to the Big Frontring. Not as a true Device, but just a little more Tension to avoid Chainrubb at the lower Yoke when in the Small-Ring.
    I don't think you'll even need that. For rough terrain the upper guide or front derailuer, lower taco or bash guard, and a mid cage clutch is perfect.
    Enjoy- I know I am! So nice to never hear the sound of chainslap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    here's mine, or at least what i have till nooow

imagen jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    @el_guillyt Thanks for the pictures... can you say how much you did take off from the fin... in mm? Hard to tell from the pictures but that looks like you had to do some work...

Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    I don't think you'll even need that. For rough terrain the upper guide or front derailuer, lower taco or bash guard, and a mid cage clutch is perfect.
    So your advice would be to skip the chainguide and simply get a shadow+ rd which would remove _all_ the hassle related to chain slap and the chain coming of from the front chain rings?

mtbr member
    @MindPatterns you'r wellcome, hard to say how much, we didn't mesured, just put it on place and mark, worked for me and my friend.

I'm also running shadow+ don't mind about to much in terms of chain retention, it is the quietest bike I ever rode

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Hey Mate - I get what you are saying.
    Well, I donīt know if this "Issue" appears on the Prime or Rune. but on the Spitfire the Chain will rubb the lower Yoke when you are in the 22er Front and 11, 13 and 15er Cassette-Gearing (Mid-Cage-Derailleur). More so when the Flip-Chips are in the slack Setting. Iīm in the neutral, so it affects only the 11 and 13er Cassette-Rings. Therefor this rubber Water-hose avoid it and is more Kind of Protection plus Device. Ok, I could taper it, but this Rubber is very strong and shows no Sign of Wear after one Month of use. Replacing it is easy, cheap and quickly done.
    Iīm running this, without any other Chain-Device, Tacco, Bash or other Stuff, successfully on my 2x9 Gearing and I will do the same with 2x10 and Clutch-Derailleur.
    Apart from that Iīm with you. Get a Clutch and rid of the lower Device - you donīt really need it, regardless of 1x10 0r 2x10.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

AW: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Running rubber hoses since years on all of my bikes. Going to build up a spitfire soon. @NoStyle: can you post a pic of your setup?

mtbr member
    I used to have the Straitline Silent guide on my V2, but even with that guide I would still get bad chain slap. It was very annoying, so I sold that and now have the MRP AMg chain guide a 32t ring and a Shimano Zee rear derailleur, but still got chain slap as the chain sits so close to the underside of the chain stay. So I made my own version of the C Guide and it has eliminated pretty much all of the under side chain slap

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc_6040.jpg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc_6041.jpg

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by kijan View Post
    Running rubber hoses since years on all of my bikes. Going to build up a spitfire soon. @NoStyle: can you post a pic of your setup?
    Yes, Iīm going to post it tomorrow-mornig.

FM
    mtbr member
    Hey Mate - I get what you are saying.
    Well, I donīt know if this "Issue" appears on the Prime or Rune. but on the Spitfire the Chain will rubb the lower Yoke when you are in the 22er Front and 11, 13 and 15er Cassette-Gearing (Mid-Cage-Derailleur).
    Apart from that Iīm with you. Get a Clutch and rid of the lower Device - you donīt really need it, regardless of 1x10 0r 2x10.
    Ah I hadn't considered that part- and it is a tight fit running a chainguide up against that lower yoke.
    Mainly I really dislike the current chainguide standards that wreck your chainline and require crank removal for any adjustments. So I really don't want to run a chainguide anymore.

But after today's ride I am putting my lower chainguide back on. The bike doesn't really need it, but runs quieter with it.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by kijan View Post
    You can find my complete Build (apart from Chain-Device ) here, here and here.

Ah I hadn't considered that part- and it is a tight fit running a chainguide up against that lower yoke.
    Mainly I really dislike the current chainguide standards that wreck your chainline and require crank removal for any adjustments. So I really don't want to run a chainguide anymore ...
    Yes, thatīs why I have filed down the ISCG-Tabs a bit - just to fit Chain-Device and Dual-Rings without "irregular" Spacing. Now the only worthy Thing to have is a small Anti-Chain-Suck-Plate and Tacco, just for the Case ...

My Take of a simple and efficient C-Guide. Itīs not sexy looking, but works:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-foto.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-foto1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    You can find my complete Build (apart from Chain-Device ).
    I was just interested in your Chaindevice, the rest I have seen already.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Ahh ok. As you can see - no other Guiding except that Hose, and some Bolts in the upper two ISCG-Tabs to prevent Chainsuck. But this is going to get a better Solution as soon as I have the Possibility ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    I dont know if its the same on the rune but I have an e thirteen trs duel guide not the trs + and it fits my spitfire v2 without any issues . I think the differance is that it doesnt have the extended shark fin only a much shorter version the low direct mount mech fits with it fine

mtbr member
    Man, all this talk about chin guides. Glad I went 1x10. X9 crank, removed the spider, slapped on a 28T Bling Ring and I have all the climbing grunt I need. Running an 11-36 paired with an X9 clutch derailleur. Works great. Im using an MRP 1X upper guide and I am thinking of going to this Universal Cycles -- MRP Micro Chain Guide to quiet down the chain slap on the yoke.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    FOod for thought, if you go w/ a clutch rear derailleur, ideally mid cage, there really is no need for a lower chainguide.
    Also 10-spd shimano rear derailuers work great with 9spd SRAM shifters.

My chainguides are all coming off!
    That's exactly what I am running, with a single ring and a direct mount E13 XCX guide. Perfect setup, simple, lightweight and no chain drops. I currently not even running anything on the chain stay as there is very little noise.

mtbr member
    I'm getting some noise and clunking on the frame, even with a guide on and a chainstay protector... What's everyone doing to quieten the bike?

mtbr member
    What rear derailleur are you using? Some SRAM Type 2's start to clunk when the T55 gets too tight. I thought my frame was getting a clunk and it turned out its the derailleur.

mtbr member
    Still on a short cage 9spd X9. Was thinking of getting one of them bike specific wraps and just covering the entire length of the chainstay.

it's the ride....
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The difference in performance is very minimal, some customer may slightly prefer the chacarteristics of an XV can with spacer, while some will preffer the more progressive feel of the regular can. Personally I prefer the regular can, but Jon who did testing with CC very slightly prefered the XV can with spacer when he did testing.
    Hi Keith I just got my Rune last week. I was wanting a CCDB-A but the last stock at the distributor in my country was one with Fox CTD. I decided to take it as I didn't want to wait for couple of months for next shipment thinking to get a CCDB-A separately.
    My question is do I need different mounting kit for CCDB shock ? Or can I use one installed for Fox? Thanks.
    Ulating blencong sejatine tataraning lelaku...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I still wait for my frame, but I need to replace reverb hose.
    Can someone tell me length of seatpost hose/cable (with mount under saddle) to fit large frame.