Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    I am pretty sure if you go to the thread below Trident said it is a $200 upgrade with them once they are available. Post number 93.

Banshee Rune V2.0 - Page 7 - North Shore Mountain Biking Forums
    Thanks for the heads up. Admittedly, a bit lazy with my research.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    what are the sag recommendations for the new Rune?

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    what are the sag recommendations for the new Rune?
    28% on the geometry tab towards the bottom...
    Rune | Banshee Bikes: DH Race, Freeride, All Mountain, Trail, Slopestyle, DJ/Street/4x, Aggressive Trail, Cross Country

mtbr member
    Went out for a little urban assault.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20121222-dsc00013.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20121222-dsc00015.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-20121222-dsc00016.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cressa View Post
    I'd be really interested in a Spitfire V1 / Rune V2 comparison. Not sure which way I should go right now... currently on a spitfire and cant decide whether I should get a new rune or new spitfire.
    OK, I swapped out the 45mm stem for an 85mm stem and shortened the bars to 700mm (amazing what 80mm of extra bars does to the feel of a bike). I also changed out the Vivid for a Pushed Monarch. For some reason I couldnít get enough rebound damping on the Vivid. Iím waiting on a reducer headset lower for the Lyrik. At the moment Iím happy with the Totem, but it's really too much fork if you like long technical climbs.

I donít think you will lose the fun factor with the V2 Rune compared to the V1 Spitty. I canít tell if itís new-bike-effect, but this thing is a joy to ride. I have only been on XC trails so far, and taken a couple of low drops. Iíve also only played with the dropout tabs with the centered hole. It climbs very well, though as I mentioned I need to swap out the Totem. Iím also still struggling with an arthritic knee that doesnít want me pedaling while out of the saddle, so my impressions on climbing are probably pretty skewed.

Like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread I initially had trouble with manuals, but the problem went away by the second ride. My thinking is that being further forward means you have to start the manual sooner, but not pull any harder. If the V1 Spitty had any serious handling flaws it was the effort needed to pick the front end up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Went out for a little urban assault.
    looks very nice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Finally got all the parts after close to 4 weeks after getting my frame. About 2 pounds heavier then I hoped for at close to 35pds. Besides the fork I can not figure out where all the extra weight is compared to the other frame on here that I saw with the CCDB Air. That one came in at 33pds.
    Looks great! Thats the new trailmaster ltd saddle? looks nice!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    So I got to take mine out today on a true all mountain climb/descend ride with plenty of big drops and hits to air it out. Initial impressions are stellar. This bike absolutely rips the DH. I am still getting used to my Fox CTD but it feels pretty good however I have a really hard time feeling the difference between the three modes because I descended in climb mode and climbed in descend mode and I never even noticed. I am coming off an Elka on my V1 Rune which I thoroughly enjoyed because it was set it and forget it. I am currently on a size Med in the Neutral setting on the flip chips. I can't wait however to try it in the slack mode but that is another day. The bike climbs surprisingly well as compared to my V1. I did however def notice the lower BB on the climbs (pedal strikes) but noticed it equally as much on the descends when i hit stuff in hyper speed. The bike jumped very well as well which if it was easier I would attach some pictures. Over all I think banshee did a wonderful job on the redesign and this thing is going to get a lot of use and see plenty of airtime!

HOLLA!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I did however def notice the lower BB on the climbs (pedal strikes) but noticed it equally as much on the descends when i hit stuff in hyper speed.
    Dang, I was worried about this. I'm building a V2 for Downieville which mostly features super rocky descents. Pedal strike often equals ejection up there. I'd be curious to hear from V2 riders how the chip in the steep setting feels on the downhills. Does it kill the mini-downhill feel that a lot of guys are reporting?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    Looks great! Thats the new trailmaster ltd saddle? looks nice!!
    Good eye. It is indead the new TrailMaster LTD in deep red. Hoping to test the bike and the new seat out on my next day off which is the 28th.