Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 3154
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Trek Bike Attack 2014, Lenzerheide, Qualifying. Looks like the Rune is the perfect match for alpine Enduro: Claudio Loureiro qualifies first.

Source (german): Trek Bike Attack 2014: Tobis Renntagebuch Tag 2 ? Qualifying | Enduro Mountainbike Magazine

mtbr member
    Who needs carbon... (when you have legs of steel)?

mtbr member
    Btw: i am having issues with my chain on my rune v2... chain often drops off to the right and once to the left of the crank arms....

Setup goes like this:
    - 32t "narrow-wide" single ring by Hope, directly mounted to the crank arms without spacers
    - 10spd Shimano Cassette
    - 40t-Rex Cog Expander (replacing the 17t sprocket)
    - 10x chain
    - XTR cranks
    - XT Shadow Plus mech
    - Shimano BB, one spacer on the drivetrain side as stated in the manual

I did shorten the chain to a maximum (having checked it will not overextend when bottoming out on the largest cog). Plus i have the Shadow+ switched ON. The chain is quite new and the letters are visible on the right side.

Any advice?
    What about the rune's chain line?

Thanks for advice

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Probably not related to your chain-line. Unfortunately if you ride rock gardens or rough trails at high speed the Narrow wide chain-ring plus clutch wont be enough to keep the chain in place. I usually don't have a problem until after a few weeks of wear on the NW chain-ring. I recommend you get a top only chain-guide (properly lined up it is still completely silent and drag free). Definitely worth having one to stop that occasional chain drop while hauling a$$ and trying to drop your mates Since I installed the E13 I have had zero problems with my wolftooth sram type 2 setup.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i have a sram xo1 1x11 and never have a problem only adjusting shifting every a few days of ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Riding narrow-wide and Shimano Zee derallieur. I barely had any problems. Until my first enduro race, where I lost the chain in a gnarly descent right before a tough pedaling section. Anyone ever tried this one with the Rune V2 mounting options? XCX Etype Shimano "E-Type" & SRAM "S3" frame mount standards - Black

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Riding narrow-wide and Shimano Zee derallieur. I barely had any problems. Until my first enduro race, where I lost the chain in a gnarly descent right before a tough pedaling section. Anyone ever tried this one with the Rune V2 mounting options? XCX Etype Shimano "E-Type" & SRAM "S3" frame mount standards - Black
    Im using this guide and had no problems till now. I would say, it does its work...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I too am running the XCX with the e-type/S3 mount on my Spitfire...love it.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    I've dropped my chain a few times but always odd spot's. I was considering going back to using a guide and was looking at the Hope guide but that S3 mount looks titty's!
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have raceface 30t nw and 10 speed cassette with triple extender up to 42t.Dropped chain two times when it was covered in mud and derailleur was at one of the inner cogs.
    Decided to use mrp amg, but still waiting for it to arrive. XCX is good, but only for 32t+ and I prefer to have bashguard. I don't think that my chain will last long when it frequently hit rocks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    30t raceface nw with 10speed 1x, with 40t Oneup and x9 type 2. Not a dropped chain yet, but haven't gummed it up with mud yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    What settings have people been using on the DB CS Air. I've been slowly dialing down the lsc to get more of a downhill plush feel. Not sure if that's the total way to go tho.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulWatt View Post
    What settings have people been using on the DB CS Air.
    If I go mainly downhill I ride it with a bit more SAG and adjust (raise) the HSC to suit. The HSR is a bit more open.
    Also I ride with a more LSR and less LSC as I find that this helps over highspeed breaking bumps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    This might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone has the color code for the decals of a Banshee stealth frame? I know it's blackish, but I want to order custom decals and have them match the colors of the 2014 ones as close as possible.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Trek Bike Attack 2014, Lenzerheide, Qualifying. Looks like the Rune is the perfect match for alpine Enduro: Claudio Loureiro qualifies first.

Source (german): Trek Bike Attack 2014: Tobis Renntagebuch Tag 2 ? Qualifying | Enduro Mountainbike Magazine
    Hey, I know this guy!!!

Actually Claudio is one of the co owners of my LBS (Doctorbike, where I got my Rune from).

Presently he is winning almost all Enduro races he enters. He is also a multiple DH national champion.
    So he's one that, for sure, knows how to make the Rune rip!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Regarding the dropped chain issue, just my 2 cents...

I'm running a 32t nw Hope Retainer Ring, 42t OneUp sprocket and X-9 type 2 medium cage rear derailleur. This set up is at the limit of the rear derailleur, but even riding aggressively on rocky terrain, the chain has never derailed.

Mr. Knowitall

Sv: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

This might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering if anyone has the color code for the decals of a Banshee stealth frame? I know it's blackish, but I want to order custom decals and have them match the colors of the 2014 ones as close as possible.
    There are no decals on the anodized frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-rune-black-website-1-1.jpg

mtbr member
    30t raceface nw with 10speed 1x, with 40t Oneup and x9 type 2. Not a dropped chain yet, but haven't gummed it up with mud yet.
    Ok boys n girls - the solution to my problem with the dropped chain was...

I didn't run an narrow-wide chainring, i just thought i did!!

Now equipped the flagship with a 32t nw-race Face chainring and ready to roll...

Embarassing!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    There are no decals on the anodized frame.
    do your decal peel off ? i also have a stealth black Rune

Mr. Knowitall
    As far as Keith has told, there are no decals on the stealth ones, as they cover the aluminum with decals before they are shot peaned, then they are peeled off before anodizing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i tough the decals on stealth frame was baked on frame dont know it is the same thing

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Dang. For real? Damn I have to get me one of those, screw the custom decals

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The 2015 stealth frames have no decals, but earlier frames do have black bake on decals.
    Last edited by builttoride; 08-14-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    so mine is what my Rune have steath rute for drop seat post is that a 2014? cause my Rune actually the back logo of banshee on seat tube is almost completely gone and appear to be stickers and i recently notice some other logos have the same thing i really dont care to much i think they are scars from battles loool

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Sorry, I've edited my previous post... got confused between modle years. 2015 stealth forward is decal free, any stealth frame before then has decals.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    so my Rune have or not have also when 2015 rune came out?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    @MAFIA you're most likely having decals on your frame then

Eurobike is soonish so I think/hope we can expect a few details about the new frames soon.
    It wouldn't hurt if Keith could throw us a bone in the meantime, of course

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    damn i fu?k my cc dbair setup i do not write down the setting now is getting me a hard time to adjust loool

mtbr member
    Finally! v2 all set to go, L/mid-position/13.5kg...

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-i_pad1024px_4392.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    @johndeere Looks good. Did you end up going with 26" or 650B?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm looking for some more input regarding Rock Shox Monarch Debon Air when used with the Rune. Coming from the CCDB Air I'm looking for a more "lightweight" shock with a platform option (i.e. compression lock with the Monarch). Already riding the Pike up front and curious about how the Monarch handles Enduro riding. Some input would be great!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm looking for some more input regarding Rock Shox Monarch Debon Air when used with the Rune. Coming from the CCDB Air I'm looking for a more "lightweight" shock with a platform option (i.e. compression lock with the Monarch). Already riding the Pike up front and curious about how the Monarch handles Enduro riding. Some input would be great!
    I'm riding a 2013 Monarch Plus on a L Rune V2 frame. I find it handles Enduro riding very well.

The base tune is MM (medium compression/medium rebound) and I find it to be spot on. The rear suspension is plush on the small stuff and can handle the big stuff as well. I have a HV Air Can Tuning kit that I'm going to install and see if performance can be improved.

It seems that on some other linkage rear suspension (Maestro and VPP) a Light compression tune is more suitable. Also, if you are a light rider (I'm at 90kg with riding gear) the Mid compression tune may be too harsh. But the Monarch is very easy to service and the valves are easily available, so if you don't like the base tune, you can change it, no problem...

You must consider that the air chamber on the Debon is slightly different, supposedly to improve small bump sensitivity. The rebound circuit is also different on '14 and '15 Monarchs, so my considerations about base tune may also be a little off.

Nonetheless I find the Monarch Plus a good option, both because it is easily serviceable, easily tunable and less expensive than other "premium" shocks.

Cheers

mtbr member
    I'm looking for some more input regarding Rock Shox Monarch Debon Air when used with the Rune. ...
    I have enquired Banshee about this, here's what they wrote:

"We've yet to test the Debonair on the Rune. But i'm sure it'll be a grate shock. If you order one you'll need to get a high volume, medium compression medium rebound shock.
    ... mounting hardware (40x8mm shaft end, 25.4x8mm reservoir end)."

Is the Monarch+ Debonair a bit lighter than the CTD Fox?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks guys, great feedback so far. I'm waiting for my decision until I've read something from @builttoride though, since the DBAir works great - just want to save some weight on my built.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'd recommend and inline if you want a lighter shock but liked the DBairCS... it feels very similar. I haven't tried the debonair so can't comment.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks Keith. Any recommendation for the setup yet? Or will there be any in the near future? Also, do you plan to officially support the Inline as a built option for the Rune?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Just to share my new rune

No photoshop, the blazing decals are custom reflective stickers

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_3409.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_3333.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_3339.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_3377.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Wow! This is nice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Sorry, just adding a closeup look

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_3351.jpg
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_3352.jpg

makes your night rides a lil more interesting eh~

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That's the first thing that came into my mind

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    where i can buy this decals?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    custom made decals haha

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    send me some dude

mtbr member
    Gave her a proper flogging at the Mt. Bachelor Bike Park. All I have to say is I'm really liking the 27.5 set-up. Furthermore I am blown away by the RS Pike and CC DB air combo. They compliment each other well and actually feel similar in performance. I've had this bike for over a year now and in its current form there isn't anything I would change. Also a shout out to the Specialized Butcher Control tires. Great set of treads. Basically a Minion DHF minus the 75 dollar price tag.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-bachelor-10.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    What settings have people been using on the DB CS Air. I've been slowly dialing down the lsc to get more of a downhill plush feel. Not sure if that's the total way to go tho.
    I recently took my Rune on an uplift day, so I turned the LSC right down to about 2 clicks, left everything else the same (HSC 4, LSC 2, HSR 2.5, LSR 10, 17mm sag). It made the bike super supple through rock gardens and stutter bumps, it was still capable of 10ft drops and ramped up nicely near to the limit, I think it only bottomed out once - on a particularly hard drop to flat landing.
    I went out on the bike again last night on some local climbs including tarmac, gravel and rocky paths. I was expecting it to be a bit 'bobby' but it was absolutely spot on with the climb switch activated.
    The CCDB cs just amazes me how good it can be once you've got it dialled, the frame's not bad either! ;-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

I weight 125 all kitted up. Wanted to replace my crankbros iodine 3. Can't decide if to build wheelset with mavic 823 rims and Chris king hub. Or get the industry nine enduro. I wanted black and gold combination.

The only reservation I hv with Chris king is that it's gonna be heavier.

The other option is project 321 hub with spank spike wheels.

I am light I think I could get by with wheelset that aren't that sturdily built.

Any thoughts is appreciated. I am on a rune

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mik8yu View Post
    What about E13 rims or Mavic EN821s?

Much lighter than 823s, I sincerely love my King/TRS+ wheels on my hardtail. The 823 is a true DH rim, no concessions to light weight.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    What about E13 rims or Mavic EN821s?

Much lighter than 823s, I sincerely love my King/TRS+ wheels on my hardtail. The 823 is a true DH rim, no concessions to light weight.
    Which e13 would u prefer? I aim for the 8 series coz I wanted to run tubeless instead of having rim tapes and that it's tog has heck. Friends keep complaining their 521 keeps leaking air after each ride. (Poor craftsmanship aside I just want to waste zero time to enjoy my ride).

And 23 in width is what I prefer as the Schwable procore needs that at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I weight 125 all kitted up. Wanted to replace my crankbros iodine 3. Can't decide if to build wheelset with mavic 823 rims and Chris king hub. Or get the industry nine enduro. I wanted black and gold combination.

The other option is project 321 hub with spank spike wheels.

I am light I think I could get by with wheelset that aren't that sturdily built.

Any thoughts is appreciated. I am on a rune
    Save your money and get a set of Stans ZTR Flow's laced to some Hope Pro 2 Evo's. An 823 is a lot of wheel to be pedaling around especially if you mean to do any climbing. The flow uses Rim tape but I had a set for 4 years and only taped them up once with Gorilla tape and never had any leaking issues for 4 years.

mtbr member
    Which e13 would u prefer? I aim for the 8 series coz I wanted to run tubeless instead of having rim tapes and that it's tog has heck. Friends keep complaining their 521 keeps leaking air after each ride.
    I only have experience with the TRS+ rim, but they all need rim tape, so that more or less rules them out for you, although at 23mm internal they'll fit Pro Cores when it comes out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Thank you guys. Getting the ztr flow. Now trying to make up my damn mind re: nipple color... Alternating black and gold or 4 gold then black then gold etc. ideally this is gonna last me a Long while. But u know this never happens

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Brass nipples and nothing else

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm confused: Is the 2015 Monarch RC3 Plus Debon Air the "High Volume" replacement for the 2014 Monarch? So is this basically the shock I'd need for the Rune V2?

Quote Originally Posted by johndeere View Post
    I have enquired Banshee about this, here's what they wrote:

"We've yet to test the Debonair on the Rune. But i'm sure it'll be a grate shock. If you order one you'll need to get a high volume, medium compression medium rebound shock.
    ... mounting hardware (40x8mm shaft end, 25.4x8mm reservoir end)."

Is the Monarch+ Debonair a bit lighter than the CTD Fox?

Mr. Knowitall
    Debonair is a bit more linear, and should be perfect for the Rune.

mtbr member
    What is the bottom bracket drop for the Rune with the 650 b dropouts? Sorry, can't find that info anywhere.

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by ryando View Post
    What is the bottom bracket drop for the Rune with the 650 b dropouts? Sorry, can't find that info anywhere.
    13.8" in the low setting. I don't know anyone who uses anything but the low setting. It's a party, man.
    "Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

mtbr member
    Do you know what the drop is in relation to the axle height?

I fix choppers
    No, my math skills aren't that great. I will say that prior to getting my Rune I had some concerns with the fact that the BB height was higher than some of it's competitor's more recent offerings. In particular, the SC Nomad's BB height is 13.4 and the Orbea Rallon is 13.3. I asked Banshee about this and their response was that for the amount of travel the bike has and the bigger wheels a BB any lower would result in too many pedal strikes, at least in the kind of terrain the bike was designed for (BC gnar). After getting the bike, I agree. I rode a Rallon for an afternoon and was smacking the pedals left and right. I still have some strikes with the Rune, but I honestly don't think a 1/4" in geometry is worth poo pooing about. The bottom line is that the bike rips like nobody's business.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLBELLY View Post
    13.8" in the low setting. I don't know anyone who uses anything but the low setting. It's a party, man.
    For giggles after almost 2 years on the bike, because I like the bike handling better in neutral with 545mm axle to crown forks (xfusion vengeance @150mm), but it feels a bit tall, I'm considering getting a 1 degree headset, installed to steepen, then use in the low setting with some new 160mm forks with more trail (pike/new36).

mtbr member
    Giving the rune a good look, lots of info in this thread!

Could someone who's ridden a good season or 2 speak to durability (aging creak or lack of?). has anyone replace bearings? How did that go?

Also, looks like chainguide compatibility is spotty. Anyone have good luck with a silentguide, or figure out a trick to get one mounted cleanly?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

The e thirteen taco shaped guide fit just fine. Wrapping the chainstay also helps silencing a lot chain chatter

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Sweet build!

mtbr member
    I use a Hope guide with no issue's. Its small, doesn't drag and is just enough to keep the chain from dropping.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've been using the mrp amg guide with a race face n/w, without a clutch rear derailer. I haven't dropped a chain once.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    BB drop should be 0 with a 545mm A to C fork in the low setting.
    Geo on the Banshee site is listed for 545mm A to C with 650B wheels also = 150mm fork travel.
    Or the new Fox 36 at 549mm for 160mm travel.
    Either way, you'll have no BB drop with 650B wheels

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Future Rune owner here, just purchased a XL Frame ONLY in Orange to replace my 27.5 Covert. I'll be switching the parts over, which I believe is everything except the seatpost. My dilemma is whether or not to sell my Covert frame with the Float X or keep it for the Rune. The CCDB seems to be the most popular Rune shock from what I can tell.

What do you guys think? Sell the Float X with the frame or keep it for the Rune? Obviously selling the shock with the frame will fetch more money on the resale to help offset some of the cost for a CCDB.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Why switching to the Rune? What did you think of the Covert? I'm trying to decide between the two. Amongst others...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboardorblade View Post
    Why switching to the Rune? What did you think of the Covert? I'm trying to decide between the two. Amongst others...
    A few reasons, all of which you should take with a grain of salt. First, I'd like to try something else, which is my usual hallmark. Don't get me wrong, the Covert absolutely rips and feels playful and bottomless...no doubt it's the best single pivot on the market. It climbs a little slower than I'd like and that's where the Rune comes into play with the KS link. Lastly, I kind of feel jaded (for lack of a better word) that Transition gave up on the bike and moved on...kind of made me feel the same way I guess. Again, these are all justifications for me to buy something shiny and new and are in no way good excuses to switch. Let me know if you want the "Unicorn Covert" (Only year of 27.5 and XL - besides 29er) and I'll give you a good deal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I've tried searching for a few minutes with no luck regarding 2x chain guides. What are you guys having the best luck with?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i dont know about the covert but you will love the rune specially how versatil the rune is

mtbr member
    I've recently swapped my raw for an older ano frame and was thinking of removing the white paint.
    Does anyone know what kind of white paint is used on the black ano frames?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Wash away all the marks and writings. They are white, made of decal (decalcomania), easy out.
    Use remover coatings (non-abrasive), although probably enough
    solvent for nitrocellulose paints.

Sorry if my English is strange.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dansMTB View Post
    Could someone who's ridden a good season or 2 speak to durability (aging creak or lack of?). has anyone replace bearings? How did that go?
    My frame is now pushing close to 2 years, no issues with the bearings or anything else. Been 100% reliable.

It's been ridden hard, but pure DH i use my DH bike, ride in dry dusty conditions mostly, so the bearings have not seen much rain.

Great bike, replaced it with a Nomad 27.5... while the weight and climbing (STA) is better on the Nomad, the rune is a more fun / playful bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Im wanting to replace the 27.5" fox 34 on my rune.

Pike vs. 2015 Fox 36?

Im running the fox float X rear shock right now too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Anyone with a XL Rune using the KS LEV 150mm dropper?

Would like to know how much post is showing at maximum insertion.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is there any comparative between Banshee Rune and Canfield Balance?
    Does anyone had the oportunity to try both?

mtbr member

No component changes from the previous raw frame.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Does anyone know the diameter of the downtube? Looking for a roof rack mount and away from bike for a while

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The Rune downtube is ovalised for optimum strength to weight ratio under loading. It is 50mm 'tall' and 44mm 'wide'.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    This is it... finally done:

Frame Banshee Bikes Rune 2015 Large
    Rear Shock Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair
    Fork Rock Shox Pike RCT3 160mm Solo Air
    Headset Cane Creek 40 Series
    Handlebar Truvativ Blackbox Steve Smith
    Stem Truvativ Holzfeller 50mm
    Grips SRAM Locking Grip DH
    Brakes Other SRAM Guide RSC 200mm / 180mm
    Brake Levers Other SRAM Guide RSC
    Shifters SRAM X01
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X01
    Cranks SRAM X01 170mm
    Chainrings / Sprocket SRAM X01 32t
    Bottom Bracket Truvativ GXP
    Chain SRAM XX1
    Cassette / Rear Cog SRAM X1
    Pedals Other Mavic Crossroc XL
    Front Rim Stan's NoTubes Flow EX 650b
    Rear Rim Stan's NoTubes Flow EX 650b
    Hubs SRAM X0 142X12mm X9 100X15mm
    Spokes Other Pillar 2.0
    Front Tire Other Mavic Crossmax Quest 650b 2.4
    Rear Tire Other Mavic Crossmax Quest 650b 2.4
    Saddle WTB Devo
    Seatpost RockShox Reverb Stealth
    Seatpost Clamp Other Banshee
    Weight 14,7kg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-5.jpgBanshee Rune V2 Build Thread-6.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi balog

How's the rear shock compare to fox?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Almost done...just need to pick up a new BB and the rest will come together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I dont know how to compare... Ive never ridden a Rune with a FOX... but I can say the Monarch is an awsome shock... very confidence inspiring and the 3 position compression adjustment is perfect for long climbs.

krj
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by balog View Post
    I dont know how to compare... Ive never ridden a Rune with a FOX... but I can say the Monarch is an awsome shock... very confidence inspiring and the 3 position compression adjustment is perfect for long climbs.
    Are you able to use all the monarch travel ?

I' m using a monarch debonair on my rune running it with 30% sag with good feeling but not able to to use all the travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I want to show some love to my Rune and update the decals of a black 2013 anodized frame with black ones (custom stealth ). Does anyone know if the guarantee voids if I remove the decals by hand? If it's okay to remove the decals - what's the way to go? I've heard that Aceton might not be the best solution since it can damage the frame...
    @builttoride to the rescue

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    To the Monarch Plus users:
    What base tune are you running?
    I have a 2013 Mid rebound, Mid compression tune and I'm experiencing the same symptoms:
    sag is a hair over 30% and feeling is good (way better than the previous Enduro with same shock) but can't get full travel.
    In previous researches I've found that in some linkage bikes a Mid/Low tune would be better and I'm considering to try that, but can really source the parts. Rockshox only has mid and high compression valve options on spare parts catalog, although it has that ML option for '13... maybe I'm missing something here...

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by krj View Post
    Are you able to use all the monarch travel ?

I' m using a monarch debonair on my rune running it with 30% sag with good feeling but not able to to use all the travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Im quite heavy (92kg) plus gear and pretty agressive, but i am for sure using full travel.

Anyway, ill pay more attention to that

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi other Rune riders, I have a question I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out. I want to use a 40t Oneup cassette cog, and I need to know how much chain growth the frame has.

I fix choppers
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley Henigson View Post
    Hi other Rune riders, I have a question I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out. I want to use a 40t Oneup cassette cog, and I need to know how much chain growth the frame has.
    I run a OneUp 42t cog and it has been trouble free. I think the chain growth with the KS Link is negligible as it is on most mini link designs (VPP, Maestro, DW Link, etc.)

krj
    mtbr member

R: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

I ' m in one up 42 COG option too it works pretty well butvj don't test tour doubt.

krj
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    To the Monarch Plus users:
    What base tune are you running?
    I have a 2013 Mid rebound, Mid compression tune and I'm experiencing the same symptoms:
    sag is a hair over 30% and feeling is good (way better than the previous Enduro with same shock) but can't get full travel.
    In previous researches I've found that in some linkage bikes a Mid/Low tune would be better and I'm considering to try that, but can really source the parts. Rockshox only has mid and high compression valve options on spare parts catalog, although it has that ML option for '13... maybe I'm missing something here...
    I wondered a out m/l rune option too but net Boeing distributed in my country , looking a round the forum, i was wondering a out the ifp pressure adjustment in order r to address my pain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Glad to see I'm not the only one facing problems with inglish in this forum...
    seems to be a Mediterranean issue...

anyway, krj, i'm going to try the ifp pressure to minimum values as you suggest, and see how it goes...

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm using a 42t setup, mid cage X9 Type2 rear derailleur. It seems to be on the limit of the derailleur on the 42t cog and on the 11t the chain barely has any tension. And chain growth is noticeable... I think I've used 6 more links and not 4 as usually suggested.

Cheers

krj
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by tugamik View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one facing problems with inglish in this forum...
    seems to be a Mediterranean issue...

anyway, krj, i'm going to try the ifp pressure to minimum values as you suggest, and see how it goes...

Cheers!
    Indeed eventought t9 won't help.

Let us know about ifp adjustment result

mtbr member
    I am running a 40t-Rex by Hope. Set the chain length by fully emptying the rear shock, then simulating a full bottom-out. then shortened the chain according to the now fully-chain-tightening-big-big setting.
    Last edited by johndeere; 02-10-2015 at 06:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Whats the weight on the latest Spitfire frames? THey were rumored to be lighter?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 92SE-R View Post
    Whats the weight on the latest Spitfire frames? THey were rumored to be lighter?
    wrong thread bro

hehehhehehe

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Damnit. I had both threads open. Posted in wrong one

QUOTE=yoebanshee;11461761]wrong thread bro

hehehhehehe[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Float X help

Had my first shake down ride today at Blackrock in Oregon and my suspension feels like crap. The Float x felt bottomless on my Covert, but now is rough and I'm blowing thru travel way to easily. I had to pump the shock up to 250 psi just to make the ride manageable. Sounds like I need to add a spacer to make it more progressive. I'm 220 with gear btw.

For those of you with the float x, what are your impressions? How much do you weigh and let me know if you're running any spacers.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 171