Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2873
    mtbr member

Re: Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Two more babys ready for schread...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1363643248749.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1363643259792.jpg  

mtbr member

First ride, this bike is awesome...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1363729296614.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by el_guillyt View Post
    First ride, this bike is awesome...
    ...looks awesome!

...too bad im still waiting for mine ..."just" 3 months of delay ...its getting a bit pathetic ...really unprofessional from banshee, indeed

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    PM sent
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Gotcha. Didn't realize you were talking about the Manufacturers tune. Looking at the CTD it looks like it runs a mid comp tune and a low rebound tune. Maybe Ill play with speeding up the rebound a bit to try and alleviate the dead feeling I'm getting out back. Maybe it is packing a bit?

For ****s and giggles I swapped out my slack flip chips for the neutral ones. See that goes tomorrow.

I am quite happy so far with my Fox CTD... it is not undervalved imho.
    but it tends to bottom out too easily... I am going the same way as you do, and add some plastic to the outer airchamber to make it ramp up a little more...
    other than that, I think it works even better than tha Rune V1 with Fox RC4 shock...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by malymato View Post
    ...looks awesome!

...too bad im still waiting for mine ..."just" 3 months of delay ...its getting a bit pathetic ...really unprofessional from banshee, indeed
    doesnt look as normal, in my case I ordered in the end of december, and my dealer accomplished earlier then espected, in fact 3-4 weeks in advance

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    ...well, i dont think ist normal as well, thats why im complaining ...i can understand if theres a delay of a few weeks, but in three months of delay you can already run out of your patience, trust me ...especially if youve paid a down payment (as it was a pre-order), sold your old frame already and your dealer is ignoring your inquiries about the delivery (probably feeling pathetic already... no wonder) :/

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ...looks awesome!

same thing. Where are you from? I did my order in january and I'm still waiting...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrello View Post
    same thing. Where are you from? I did my order in january and I'm still waiting...
    ...early december my friend ...with the delivery estimated between christmas and new year ...its end of march and im still waiting ...and im not alone in this situation, my friend made the "pre-order" with the same dealer in november and is waiting as well

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrello View Post
    ...im from slovakia

mtbr member
    Double post.

mtbr member
    I just placed a preorder for mine for the June batch. Maybe your dealer wasn't too honest on the delivery date?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey,

I have the same situation ;( I'm from Prague. and we have probable the same distributor But I'm ordered this frame at October 2012.... and I'm still waiting for information about approximately delivery date, no for frame, "but only for delivery date"

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    This is not professional from Brand / Distributor. I will be really happy if i will get any decision from the brand managers. (distributor-impossible to contact- still away, still on roads, switchyng offline from skype if I'm Online, etc....) it's a 5 months ago when i make a complaint for Rune V1,5. som I bought bikes 8 months ago and i can't riding and I don't have function bike....Which person i can contact about this problem? som specifically mails or phone numbers directly to banshee?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ...early december my friend ...with the delivery estimated between christmas and new year ...its end of march and im still waiting ...and im not alone in this situation, my friend made the "pre-order" with the same dealer in november and is waiting as well
    ...im from slovakia
    Quote Originally Posted by sfofan View Post
    Hey,

I have the same situation ;( I'm from Prague. and we have probable the same distributor But I'm ordered this frame at October 2012.... and I'm still waiting for information about approximately delivery date, no for frame, "but only for delivery date"
    I'm from Italy and I've the same problem. I placed my order the 10 of january and my dealer said that the frame would be delivered between february and march. Now we're at the end of March and I dont have any info about the delivery date.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sfofan View Post
    This is not professional from Brand / Distributor. I will be really happy if i will get any decision from the brand managers. (distributor-impossible to contact- still away, still on roads, switchyng offline from skype if I'm Online, etc....) it's a 5 months ago when i make a complaint for Rune V1,5. som I bought bikes 8 months ago and i can't riding and I don't have function bike....Which person i can contact about this problem? som specifically mails or phone numbers directly to banshee?
    ...obviously we have been misled by our dealer (charvat bros) in terms of the frames delivery ...i know about a few other customers complaining about the same issues they have with them ...lack of communication, unreal predictions (or even lies) ...if i would have known this, i would have avoided any business with them and keep my carbon nomad ...im sure the new rune is a nice frame, but after 3 months of delay ive definitely run out of my patience! amen

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hey all. Think I've narrowed it down, to either Rune or Knolly Chili.

Rune appears to be dialed, but I'm wondering about mud build up in that lower linkage pocket, and short bearing life? (It rains A LOT here) Are there any issues with that?

I've also noticed a few of you are running 180mm forks... how does it climb on steeps? Does it feel it out of balance in the air? I actually had planned to run a 170mm Fox Van/ CCDBA combo, any thoughts?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I doubt there is enough time that has been put in on any of these frames when it comes to bearing life. The oldest bearing bikes out there would probably be the prototype Primes. If mud buildup is a concern then perhaps road bikes are more up your alley. As for the 170mm....thats what I run (170mm RS Lyric Coil) and the bike climbs great! I am sure you could run the 180mm in the steep setting and it would be fairly equivalent to running the 170 in the neutral setting but dont quote me on that because I dont know. I am sure either way you will be fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Actually, road bike is far from up my alley. It's merely an observation, that pocket is right in the line of fire for huge mud cake. And 75% of my riding is north shore winter rain so it could be a concern.

Obviously this rig has been tried and tested in my back yard, but you never know... remember the bushing idea.

Anyway, Rune is looking fine and probably is my go to. Thanks for info, a 170 fork is likely.

Calm like a Bomb

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by djball View Post

Rune appears to be dialed, but I'm wondering about mud build up in that lower linkage pocket, and short bearing life? (It rains A LOT here) Are there any issues with that?

I've also noticed a few of you are running 180mm forks... how does it climb on steeps? Does it feel it out of balance in the air? I actually had planned to run a 170mm Fox Van/ CCDBA combo, any thoughts?

Cheers
    Not sure where you live, but a bunch of us Pacific Northwest guys here aren't sweating it - and not many places in the US are as wet as here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by stunzeed; 03-23-2013 at 12:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Actually, road bike is far from up my alley. It's merely an observation, that pocket is right in the line of fire for huge mud cake. And 75% of my riding is north shore winter rain so it could be a concern.

Obviously this rig has been tried and tested in my back yard, but you never know... remember the bushing idea.

Anyway, Rune is looking fine and probably is my go to. Thanks for info, a 170 fork is likely.
    I live in the PNW and mud isn't an issue in the area above the BB shell. Sure it gets a little grubby in there but nothing to complain about. I have had the bike since November of last year and the bearings are still going strong.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    I got the Banshee Rune with the CCDB Air and I finished building the frame today. I was about to go ride it tomorrow for the first time but I noticed some tolerance in the rear bushing of the CCDB. I can easily reproduce it when I lift the bike holding one hand at the seat tube. Is this a known problem? Is this an issue after all?
    Did you ever get this sorted out? My arm is healed up so I am getting the bike ready for its first ride and I noticed play. I tightend the rear to the 16nm as Kieth mentioned in another thread and I can actually move the shock side to side in the back, seems like a lot of play.

FM
    mtbr member
    It's merely an observation, that pocket is right in the line of fire for huge mud cake. And 75% of my riding is north shore winter rain so it could be a concern.
    Super easy to fab up a rear fender out of plastic sheet, that runs from the lower chainstay yoke all the way up above the seatstays. 3 zip-ties to mount. Keeps crap from collecting at the pivots, although I'm not sure it's much of an issue anyways. I've got exactly a year on my Prime proto, PLENTY of wet Seattle riding on it, the fender works great and there's plenty of clearance for both the fender and a nice big tire (i.e. hand dampf 2.35). With the fender being light & ample clearance, I just leave it on year round.

Here's the pattern I made off my Prime. The Rune should be pretty close.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-prime_fender.jpg

beater

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

You can find 1/32" plastic sheet pretty easily. Amazon carries it. You can cut it with scissors and use a hole punch for the zip ties. I bought a pair of Marsh Guards for one bike, and traced them on a plastic sheet for the other. Works well.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well, my case might differ a little bit from yours. I had no side-to-side play, but rather vertical play. The german distributor for CC was aware of the problem, some bushings that got delivered with the shock did not apply to the specifications. I had to send the shock in and they changed them without further costs for me, so all Kudos to Cosmic Sports GmbH Fahrrad GroBhändler Bike Markenprodukte and CC for taking care of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Did you ever get this sorted out? My arm is healed up so I am getting the bike ready for its first ride and I noticed play. I tightend the rear to the 16nm as Kieth mentioned in another thread and I can actually move the shock side to side in the back, seems like a lot of play.

mtbr member

here in Israel, mud season is over :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    You can find 1/32" plastic sheet pretty easily. Amazon carries it. You can cut it with scissors and use a hole punch for the zip ties. I bought a pair of Marsh Guards for one bike, and traced them on a plastic sheet for the other. Works well.
    take a look...
    holy dh in manara Video - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My Rune XL arrived last week and I'm loving it! XL fits me perfect with a 30mm stem!

I have one problem, I need to tighten the seatpost clamp really hard to
    get the seatpost (KS lev) to stay put. I got some creaking sound from the seat tube when I took the bike out today and had to loosen the clamp to make it go away, only problem with that was that I could rotate the seat fairly easy...

I'm thinking of getting a clamp with bolt instead of QR-clamp, I'm not moving the seat anyway.

How hard can I torque the clamp?

mtbr member
    ...adding some carbon paste will help it stay put as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter View Post
    ...adding some carbon paste will help it stay put as well.
    Forgot to mention that in my post, I've used carbon paste and it didn't help much.
    My 100kg riding weight probably a factor

mtbr member

I have a fixed bolt clamp and no issues with the post, and I'm a heavy guy!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hanson View Post
    My Rune XL arrived last week and I'm loving it! XL fits me perfect with a 30mm stem!

I have one problem, I need to tighten the seatpost clamp really hard to
    get the seatpost (KS lev) to stay put. I got some creaking sound from the seat tube when I took the bike out today and had to loosen the clamp to make it go away, only problem with that was that I could rotate the seat fairly easy...

I'm thinking of getting a clamp with bolt instead of QR-clamp, I'm not moving the seat anyway.

How hard can I torque the clamp?
    Seems to vary a bit from frame to frame. Some have no issues and others say it's a tad loose. Seat posts can vary also.

Check this link to the Spitfire thread and some pics of the Salsa Lip Lock and I know that Chromag QR post clamp is dam beefy/strong looking. Might try either one of those.

2013 Spitfire
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This thread needs more photos of bikes! Here is mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc_0166-small.jpg  

Tmh
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

This also works really nicely for a rear fender:

SmartAss | Ass Savers

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Another one! Here it is

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_8243.jpg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-img_8207.jpg

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jozumar View Post
    Another one! Here it is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8243.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	784492

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8207.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	784493
    That is a GREAT looking bike! Fantastic.

MTB B'dos
    Well I along with others have been on the Prime protos for over a year and so far, so good with the bearings and we had a crap load of rain last year=loads of very muddy rides and gunk. AFAIK, the bearings in the production bikes are even higher quality than we got in the protos, so I don't think you'll have to worry, but good common sense and maintenance will ensure long life and lack of trouble - i.e. if you ride through lots of creek/river crossing and/or super deep mud puddles that put the linkages into the soup, then pulling down the frame and checking the bearings a couple times a year would be a good idea no matter what bike you're riding.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    I doubt there is enough time that has been put in on any of these frames when it comes to bearing life. The oldest bearing bikes out there would probably be the prototype Primes. If mud buildup is a concern then perhaps road bikes are more up your alley. As for the 170mm....thats what I run (170mm RS Lyric Coil) and the bike climbs great! I am sure you could run the 180mm in the steep setting and it would be fairly equivalent to running the 170 in the neutral setting but dont quote me on that because I dont know. I am sure either way you will be fine.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    I Installed the new MRP AMg today in conjunction with a ZEE rear der. Took it out for a first ride today and it worked perfectly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-photo-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Well then, if needed that little fender is a good idea.

One other thing, regarding DBair... does anybody know if current or future deliveries from Trident will ship with the the new XV can? Have any of you upgraded to teh XV can on your V2?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Well then, if needed that little fender is a good idea.

One other thing, regarding DBair... does anybody know if current or future deliveries from Trident will ship with the the new XV can? Have any of you upgraded to teh XV can on your V2?
    As per this email i recieved the XV can won't be out for a month or so.

"my apologies, it seems as though I didn't sent out a further update.

Our first production run wasn't up to snuff, so I'm afraid there's been a further delay. We're now looking at first of May before we can ship. I'm sorry about this -- we wanted to be sure they're absolutely spot on!""

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post
    I Installed the new MRP AMg today in conjunction with a ZEE rear der. Took it out for a first ride today and it worked perfectly
    Is this a 32tooth ring up front?
    And what size of the guide are you running?

Please keep me updated on how this combo performs.
    I plan on getting this Guide aswell once they become available here in Germany.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=BeezKneez;10270301]Is this a 32tooth ring up front?
    And what size of the guide are you running?

Yeah it's a 32t ring, with a 32-38t guide. I wanted the option to be able to run a larger front ring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My arm finally healed up enough for me to get out for a ride yesterday. I cannot really comment on the new Rune vs the old as it has been so long since I rode and I think I only had 3 rides on the Rune since last may as I was mainly riding the Wilson. About the only thing I did notice was even though it is VERY Slack it did not wander to bad on the few climbs I had the lungs for. I have a few more parts I am changing out then I will grab a weight and post up what the full build is.

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-p4pb9371460.jpg

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-p4pb9371453.jpg
    Last edited by Mishtar; 03-28-2013 at 11:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hi guys, can anybody advise length, height and width of box for Banshee Rune frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    approx 115x55x25cm
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    builttoride
    thank you very much!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Another ride today and the Rune doesn't stop to impress me. I'm finally riding it with the Lyrik R2C DH and the bike starts to show it's capabilities!

What really annoys me though is the seatpost diameter being off. Today my Reverb slipped again down for appr. 3-4 mm. I'm using a Tune Würger but cannot go the whole 5 NM since otherwise the Reverb would not be able to use it's whole travel.

Keith, is there any suggestion?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Another ride today and the Rune doesn't stop to impress me. I'm finally riding it with the Lyrik R2C DH and the bike starts to show it's capabilities!

What really annoys me though is the seatpost diameter being off. Today my Reverb slipped again down for appr. 3-4 mm. I'm using a Tune Würger but cannot go the whole 5 NM since otherwise the Reverb would not be able to use it's whole travel.

Ya, I haven't even built mine up yet, but my seat tube is way off. I need the crank the piss outta the clamp to get it to hold, and even then it can slip with a lot of pressure... gah. My old rocky mountain had the same problem so it's not just a banshee thing, but man is it annoying.

mtbr member
    What about something like this?

• Concealed inner o-ring design, ideal for carbon seatpost to avoid slippery falling
    • Weight: 26g

If it helps hold a carbon post in place, it should help hold the dropper post?
    More info here.

MTB B'dos
    Sadly it seems either the tubing manufacturer is off or one of the reamers at the factory is off, as I too found I had that problem with my V1 Paradox. Simple solution though, just cut a shim from an old/used soda can and your problem will be solved. Seat tube on the Prime is alitle big, but not like the Paradox was, no shim needed on it, but do have to clamp it down a bit.

..............What really annoys me though is the seatpost diameter being off. Today my Reverb slipped again down for appr. 3-4 mm. I'm using a Tune Würger but cannot go the whole 5 NM since otherwise the Reverb would not be able to use it's whole travel.

Quote Originally Posted by ironxcross View Post
    Ya, I haven't even built mine up yet, but my seat tube is way off. I need the crank the piss outta the clamp to get it to hold, and even then it can slip with a lot of pressure... gah. My old rocky mountain had the same problem so it's not just a banshee thing, but man is it annoying.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well, tbh, I'd hate to use a hack like this on a € 1600,- brand new bike frame, and was hoping there is some kind of official statement from Keith - like some kind of best partice what would work best with the frame (carbon paste, shim etc.).
    It's just a little meh. since the frame rides so damn well. Can't wait to swing my legs over it again!
    Not sure about the shim and the forces that usually apply to a seat post in a seat tube though - any chance something might break here by bad luck?

Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Simple solution though, just cut a shim from an old/used soda can and your problem will be solved.