Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Although, I'm a little disappointed about the bushing play with the DBair.

I have the same!!

I buy now this one:

Huber Bushings - High Precision Shock Bushings

Last edited by bikeman_2; 12-15-2012 at 08:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    builttoride:

Another question from the series "I want to break my frame, is that ok?"

I noticed that Rune has the ISCG tabs on the same plane as the BB shell face. Experience taught me that this often causes interference with the granny when using a Stinger-like chain guides.

Since I will be running a double in front, this is an issue for me. I will be using Race Face Atlas cranks - so I only have about 2mm of chainline adjustment due to the retarded way RF cranks set the bearing pre-load.

Is there a concete reason for such placement of the ISCG tabs? AFAIR the standard does not specify that and many frames which are sold with 2x10 have the tabs recessed some to avoid the problem above. My ex Spesh enduro had the tabs recessed by 2.5mm from the bb shell face.

As for my question - shaving 1mm or so of material from the tabs is a no-go warranty wise - right?
    Shaving material of the ISCG will not void warranty unless any warranty claim is related to ISCG location, as it shouldn't have any affect on the rest of the frame. We are reasonable here at Banshee. Although you may have slight delay if you did ever file a warranty while the distributor checked things with us.

The reasons I mounted the ISCG flush with the BB are that this setup does not require spacers for most chainguide setups our customers use, and as 2x10 and 1x10, and even 1x11 become more popular this is beneficial to most customers. It also is what is required if running hammerschmidt. Plus it makes for better tolerance of facing. I rarely want yet more standards in the bike industry, but for that location I do wish that all crank and chainguide manufacturers followed the same standard to offer inter compatibility.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have a stinger on my 2X10 setup. The pulley overlaps the bash guard by a couple of mm, but it works just fine. I used a BB mounted stinger rather than an ISCG version. It looks to me like an ISCG bracket would work the same, though.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Frame has landed! Must buy parts immediately!
    Last edited by ptd; 01-08-2013 at 02:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    Dude the black looks sick!!!!

Mine should arrive Monday all I'm waiting on is my CC 110 headset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    Can I get some clarification on the recommended spacers for the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air? I bought the shock separately and from Keith's post it appears like they recommend installing the largest supplied volume spacer. ptd, it looks like you got the shock with the frame? Was the spacer pre-installed? It looks like the spacer pack is untouched.

What is the point of the spacer anyway?

Thanks,
    Andrew

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    Can I get some clarification on the recommended spacers for the Cane Creek Double Barrel Air? I bought the shock separately and from Keith's post it appears like they recommend installing the largest supplied volume spacer. ptd, it looks like you got the shock with the frame? Was the spacer pre-installed? It looks like the spacer pack is untouched.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    +1 I bought mine after market as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rednova75 View Post

Black does look sick......mine is tracking to arrive some time next week. I went with the Fox but will also be getting my Elka Stage 5 rebuilt for the new geometry.

would like to see some sort of comparison on this bike of air vs coil!

Absolutely pumped with all of these picture popping up!!

HOLLA!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post

Thanks,
    Andrew
    The base settings that we liked best for the rune V2 were:

Xvol can, 1 large vol spacer, LSR:14, LSC:10, HSC:2, HSR:2

But everyone is different, (different weight, riding style, terrain and preferances) so we included a bunch of extra volume spacers to allow our customers to fine tune the shock exactly to their liking.

Adding a volume spacer makes the shock more progressive. So if you find yu are bottoming out too easily, try adding another spacer, if you feel you are not getting full use of ravel, remove a volume spacer. The volume spacers obviously only work in step intervals, but the shock is so tunable that if you spend time dialing it in you can get the exact feel you want.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Oh no you di'int
    May 2009
    Thanks Keith, that helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Anyone coming from a V1 with an Elka to the V2 with the CTD? Any impressions? Or if anyone going from V1 with Elka to V2 with Elka. How much is rebuilding the Elka for the new geometry costing? I am pretty torn on upgrading, I havent had the bushing issues, and replaced them once in the year I've owned it due to normal wear.

powered by bacon
    It was around $180 for the rebuild, new bushings, and return shipping. The Elka feels better on the v2 than the v1 so far. No bobbing, great traction, plush but not mushy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Economy build... Will take it off road for the first time tomorrow. I have a seriously screwed up knee, so probably won't get to do more than a little XC, and some aggressive limping. Still waiting on the 650b dropouts. I have a 160mm Lyrik I'm thinking of using for the 650b build. I don't think the Totem with the extra 3/4" height from the wheel would work very well.

On the size, this large feels shorter than the large Spitfire it's replacing - a lot shorter. I'm just under 6' and feel like I could go to an XL and still be happy. I'm going to need a longer stem as it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc00432s.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc00433s.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-dsc00434s.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Now that is my kind of bike

Altho you worry me when you say that at 6' it feels short. I have an XL on order and with me at 6'5" it might prove too short with 45mm stem :/

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    Now that is my kind of bike

Altho you worry me when you say that at 6' it feels short. I have an XL on order and with me at 6'5" it might prove too short with 45mm stem :/
    The stem that's on it is the 30mm stem that came off the large Spitfire. I think a 50mm stem will be about perfect. I do tend to prefer larger bikes than what is recommended for my height.

mtbr member

FD --- Info

the FD SRAM X0 2 x10 for 22-36 works not corecct wit a 36 pinion

I use a Crank with 22-36 and the chain roams at the high gears on the FD.
    Now go back to the 22-32 an it is OK.

In the next Time i buy a Shimano 2x10 or 3x10 FD with E-Typ.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    How come the times posted are all over the place on this thread. It would be sooooo much easier to look at if everything just went to the bottom on the last page.....new posts at the end of the thread......chronologically....what a thought!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ahh nevermind I just figured out that I was viewing it in "hybrid mode" and not "linear mode"

mtbr member
    Just got back from my first ride on Das Runestein Zweit (my new Rune). I definitely need to spend some time tuning the DBair to my exact likings, but here's my quick stoke on the new Rune:

I had sold my Rune V1 after it started to develop play and ended up on a Wildcard. The wildcard is a super playful bike that is perfect for jump lines, but not so well well suited for the 4-5 hour rides I like doing. I never felt comfortable on technical and steeper lines on the Wildcard, and my riding definitely suffered from my lack of confidence on the bike.

On the new Rune I immediately felt comfortable. The suspension platform paired with the ultra stiff rear end translates into a bike that motors up fire roads as well as techier sections too. I liked the ultra-plushness of the wildcard when descending, but it definitely did quite a bit of wallowing when mashing on the pedals- especially when pushing, which can be quite annoying when you're riding lots of rocks! Going downhill the new rune is amazing (I have it set in neutral, but it's probably closer to 65 degrees since my bike has a 560mm A2C). If I had to sum up the new Rune in one word, it would be responsive. Compared to the V1 and Wildcard, I noticed the front wheel tracks a lot better. While the front tire stays firmly planted to your line, the rear wheel is super easy to whip around- I think my case of Aggie-itis just got worse (the act of whipping your rear wheel like Aggie). The new school geometry felt very natural and balanced.

After taking a 15 year hiatus from mountain biking, around 3 years ago i started riding my XC hardtail several times a week. After being re-bitten by the mtb bug, I upgraded to my first full suspension bike, a Santa Cruz Butcher. I was blown away by the new lines I could ride and how fast I could ride them on a 6" bike. It was an eye opening experience that exponentially increased my love of riding. I ended up replacing my butcher with a 2011 Rune. I always felt cramped on the butcher and the rune v1 fit me so much better. The rune v1 was a lot of fun, but I didn't have that same level of exuberance I had when first riding the butcher. Maybe I was chasing that first high that I would never be able to reach again. Enter Das Runestein Z (Rune V2). Wow. I feel like I'm on a mini-DH bike compared to the Butcher and V1. It's just damn fun and confidence inspiring. All of the confidence I had lost while riding the Wildcard has been completely wiped away by one ride on the new Rune. I can't wait for my next ride Although, I'm a little annoyed it's winter as I think this bike is the perfect weapon of choice for an all day ride in the alpine!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by belljeffw View Post
    On the size, this large feels shorter than the large Spitfire it's replacing - a lot shorter. I'm just under 6' and feel like I could go to an XL and still be happy. I'm going to need a longer stem as it is.
    I'd be really interested in a Spitfire V1 / Rune V2 comparison. Not sure which way I should go right now... currently on a spitfire and cant decide whether I should get a new rune or new spitfire.

mtbr member

FD --- Info

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman_2 View Post
    the FD SRAM X0 2 x10 for 22-36 works not corecct wit a 36 pinion

I use a Crank with 22-36 and the chain roams at the high gears on the FD.
    Now go back to the 22-32 an it is OK.

In the next Time i buy a Shimano 2x10 or 3x10 FD with E-Typ.

I must revice my INFO for the SRAM FD. This morning I put a 2. Plastic-Ring on my Crank (Shimano HONE). And...ist works perfekt with the X0 SRAM 22-36 for 2x10 Speed. with a 36 Pinion.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cressa View Post
    I'd be really interested in a Spitfire V1 / Rune V2 comparison. Not sure which way I should go right now... currently on a spitfire and cant decide whether I should get a new rune or new spitfire.
    Wouldn't a Spitfire V2 / Rune V2 comparison make more sense if your possibly upgrading to one or the other? (or did you mean to say that?)
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cressa View Post
    I think I will need a little more saddle time before I can make a reasonable comparison, and I need to get the stem and bar length setup more to my liking. The longer bars seemed like a minor change, but I had a hell of a time getting used to them. In any case, even with the short stem, I feel a lot more forward on the bike – the pedals feel further back than anything else I ride. THAT will take some time to adapt to. I will spend some time getting it setup better this week, and try to post something worth reading next weekend…

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Wouldn't a Spitfire V2 / Rune V2 comparison make more sense if your possibly upgrading to one or the other? (or did you mean to say that?)
    No I meant what I wrote but a V2/V2 comparison would be equally interesting. I understand this sounds peculiar but the reason is simple. Upgrading my V1 spitfire to a V2 Spitfire is a no-brainer really. However I am considering a Rune instead. I'm attracted to the reported stiffness and overall downhill grunt of the Rune but would love to know how much climbing ability you loose compared to V1 Spitfire and whether its a bit boring for general trail riding.

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast