Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    'All over it!'

UK Bound?

Does anybody know if these frames are going to be available in the UK? I just contacted Freeborn (UK distributer) and they are unsure if they will get any, let alone provide a delivery date.
    I have been searching for months and deliberating over many frames and this one seems to pip my shortlist - can anybody tell me if these frames are UK bound?

AR

mtbr member
    May 2005
    OP...you find the KS Link suspension better than your previous DW Link on the Mojo? Can you explain the difference in feel and why you like the KS better. How's it climb up ugly terrain?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear View Post
    Does anybody know if these frames are going to be available in the UK? I just contacted Freeborn (UK distributer) and they are unsure if they will get any, let alone provide a delivery date.
    I have been searching for months and deliberating over many frames and this one seems to pip my shortlist - can anybody tell me if these frames are UK bound?

AR
    Freeborn have not been a banshee distributor for around 6 months now, we have a proper new distributor lined up to start in a couple of months so watch this space...
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    @AdrianoMTB

Could you be so kind and measure the standover at approx. 200mm away from the toptube-seattube joint? Should be 734mm but do not know at which position of the toptube banshee takes the numbers from.

Thanks, Andy

'All over it!'

Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Freeborn have not been a banshee distributor for around 6 months now, we have a proper new distributor lined up to start in a couple of months so watch this space...
    That is fantastic news - I will be watching this space daily! I take it the colours are ano black, raw and blue for the UK market?

AR

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Adriano, have you had any other banshees in the past as to get an idea about sizing?

Im on a L legend and thinking of switching to a L rune. Im also 6'0, what do you reckon?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by karpi View Post
    Adriano, have you had any other banshees in the past as to get an idea about sizing?

Im on a L legend and thinking of switching to a L rune. Im also 6'0, what do you reckon?
    No firsthand experience but it almost always works out that one brand's bikes all fit the same - ie if you're a medium for one of their bikes, you're a medium for all their bikes. So I'd bet you're right on planning on a large.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear View Post
    That is fantastic news - I will be watching this space daily! I take it the colours are ano black, raw and blue for the UK market?

AR
    UK market will offer the same products as the rest of the world once we are set up with the new distributor.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    OP...you find the KS Link suspension better than your previous DW Link on the Mojo? Can you explain the difference in feel and why you like the KS better. How's it climb up ugly terrain?
    Well, from my experience the ks link suspensions looks very similar to dwlink but this system has 2 important improvements respect to the Dwlink.

1. The dw link of the mojo was progressive-regressive in the leverage ratio so it was very easy to get the full travel of the bike even not jumping... the KS system itīs by far more progressive and keeps the medium section of the travel perfectly, so in the overall itīs better the Ks Link due to keep the pedal efficiency ( even improving it a little bit) and itīs more progressive.

2. About the climbs, itīs important to remain that the ability of a bike to climp up just depend the geometry more than the system, obviously the system itīs fundamental but if i had to choose my priority... it would be the first, the geometry and second the system.

3. So, once clarified this point. Figure if this bike climps up good that itīs not properly to put the fox ctd on CLIMB mode due the hardness of the propedal ( I running it into position 1) so putting the fox ctd on position TRAIL the bikes climbs up simply perfect... but I want to clarify that itīs not a question of the suspension system... itīs a questión of the Bike geometry + suspensión system, without one of these points, the bike would not be whatīs it righ now.

4. Another important point itīs that the pedal kickback has been reduced by more than 1 point respect to the ibis, so itīs really good!

The really god point itīs owing to this great suspension system and the geometry, it will be perfect run a shock without propedal ... like the ccdb air or vivid air or even coil. This ks system does not need any propedal or similar... therefore, build up a coil for example would be PERFECT! ( I chose the fox only because just for the weight loss...)

Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    @AdrianoMTB

Could you be so kind and measure the standover at approx. 200mm away from the toptube-seattube joint? Should be 734mm but do not know at which position of the toptube banshee takes the numbers from.

Thanks, Andy
    Hi Andy

To be honest Iīve never done this kind of measure, how can I do it?

I never have another banshee, this is my first one. but to be more clear, Iīve been running a mojo HD in size L during 2 years and the bikes feels like small to me (Running a kindshock with overdue and a 50mm stem), this banshee is by far, longer in the top tube... to figure out, Iīm running a 40mm stem and a reverb and fits me perfect!!! If youīre 6.0 donīt hesitate and buy a L size... believe me...

This bike itīs designed to ridden hard and put a 60-70mm stem it would be an error from my perspective... this bike deserves a short stem and a wide bar to get more control and down very very fast!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Finished my build today mostly using parts from my old Rune, I like my bikes to look industrial like machines so its not a very fancy build.

Frame: Banshee Rune medium. Neutral chips, 55.5 degrees.
    Shock: Fox CTD
    Forks: Rock Shox Lyrik Coil
    Wheels: Superstar AM with Switch Evo hubs
    Fr Tyre: Schwalbe Big Betty
    Rr Tyre: Schwalbe Hans Dampf
    Headset: Hope ZS
    Stem: Renthal Duo
    Bars: Renthal Fatbar 780mm
    Grips: ODI Troy Lee Designs
    Brakes: Shimano SLX w/ Icetech rotors
    Drivetrain: Shimano SLX w/ XT front mech
    Bottom Bracket: Hope Stainless
    Chain device: E13 DRS with Hope bashring
    Pedals: Superstar Nanotech ( these pedals refuse to die)
    Seat post: Rock Shox Reverb
    Seat: SDG Bel-air

I've only had half an hour to play with the bike so I can't give a proper opinion of it but my first impressions are very good. It's super stiff, the suspension is much more plush and active than the old Rune yet it pedals ridiculously well for a 6" travel AM frame. Maybe it's the new bike feeling but it seems much lighter to ride too, no idea on final weight nor do I care, it feels good so that's all that matters.

Gonna give it a good ride tomorrow so I'll post more then.

mtbr member
    @AdrianoMTB

No problem, just measure the height of the bike from the floor up to the toptube.
    But not at the stem or the seattube, but at approx. 200mm away from the toptube-seattube joint. So this should be at 1/3 of the complete toptube lenght, right where you stand over the bike.
    That is why it is called standover - height...

Thanks, Andy

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Im so jelous of you guys, looking at your bikes! They look awesome! Let us know how they ride.

Keith, any word on sizing, legend L versus Rune L? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Im so jelous of you guys, looking at your bikes! They look awesome! Let us know how they ride.

Keith, any word on sizing, legend L versus Rune L? Thanks!
    Those bikes aren't really comparible, but generally if you ride a large legend you'll want either a large or XL rune V2. You'll have to compare the V2 geometry to a trail bike's geometry that fits you well.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Hi.
    Danshee, very nice.
    Have you weighed the frame in size medium?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by rokesoke; 11-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Large then it is for me! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rokesoke View Post
    Hi.
    Danshee, very nice.
    Have you weighed teh frame in size medium?
    Thanks.
    No, sorry.

mtbr member
    Congratulatons Adriano!, That bike is awesome.

mtbr member
    Very nice Danshee! How tall are you and what is your inseam? The reason asking, you are running your V2 just how I would with 780 bars and 50mm stem on medium size, even though I could fit a large as well, but more than likely have run a 35mm stem at the longest for ideal reach. The longer reach of the V2 vs V1 has my trumped with sizing as my large V1 was as big as I would want in a frame for all trail riding ran w/45mm stem.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    ...please, asap, you must drop some lines about how feel this cute bike!!

Pleease!!

p.s. especially how it's different in technical dh than the mojo HD, and if we can take it for small bike park tour

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Very nice Danshee! How tall are you and what is your inseam? The reason asking, you are running your V2 just how I would with 780 bars and 50mm stem on medium size, even though I could fit a large as well, but more than likely have run a 35mm stem at the longest for ideal reach. The longer reach of the V2 vs V1 has my trumped with sizing as my large V1 was as big as I would want in a frame for all trail riding ran w/45mm stem.
    Hi, I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. My immediate reaction on sitting on the bike was that it seemed much longer than the v1.5 and I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be as playful. That worry lasted about 5 minutes into my first ride.

I've had a couple of hours playing at a local, easy going trail park today, I promised myself I'd go steady and spend the day getting the bike dialled in. Ten minutes in I'd forgotten all about that and I overshot a jump and clipped a tree, snapping my brake lever. That was a good sign. Luckily, I was able to buy a new one and was back riding in an hour. That's one of the things I love about Runes, they push you to ride faster.

To me, the new Rune feels really natural, what I mean by this is that it's easy to forget about what the bike is doing leaving you to concentrate on riding, once I had everything set how I wanted it I never felt as though the bike was behaving badly or doing anything weird.

Pumping through berms and rollers feels great and the bike accelerates very nicely, it's a joy to manual too. It's super stiff, it has a confident and solid downhill bike feel to it when you're going down. This is all pretty much standard for all versions of the Rune though, where the V2 has surprised me is in its pedalling efficiency.

The pedal platform is brilliant. Sprinting downhill, the power transfer feels really direct, pedalling uphill in the seat, I didn't notice any feedback or bobbing, I'm sure there probably is some but I didn't feel it at all. I tried the climb mode on the shock a few times and didn't notice any difference, like AdrianoMTB says, there's no need for pro pedal. On steep sections I did start to feel the front end wandering but I can drop the front a bit by removing a headset spacer.

Another surprising thing was how planted it felt through rock gardens. Again, I could just forget about what the bike was doing and ride the line I wanted without thinking that the bike felt harsh or skittish.

So, my initial impressions are great, its all the good bits of the previous Runes but improved in every way. The worst thing about it was waiting for my riding mates to catch up and also everyone wanting to stop and talk about it.

Edit: holy ****, I didn't realise I'd gushed so much, sorry for the wall of text.

mtbr member
    @Danshee

Hi Danshee,

thanks for the good first review. Me personal I would like to hear a little bit more about the agility of the bike, escpecially in more technical sections or technical uphills. Does it feel long or just right? Is it playful only when in the air or with an good amount of speed or also at slow steep sections?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi, sorry I can't really comment at the moment because there wasn't really any technical climbs on today's ride. I noticed that I could pop up steps and rocks easily really easily and the bike didn't pitch me forward when the rear rolled over the step/rock. It handled uphill switchbacks with no problems which I didn't really expect. I kind of expected the bike to feel a bit long and thought that it would take a while to adapt but this wasn't the case at all.

mtbr member

Fd xt?

@Danshee: I see that you use your old XT FD? Is ist for 2 or 3 Crank`s? Please sende me the Nummer of the FD (for Example:FD-M770 E-Type)!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    @AdrianoMTB

No problem, just measure the height of the bike from the floor up to the toptube.
    But not at the stem or the seattube, but at approx. 200mm away from the toptube-seattube joint. So this should be at 1/3 of the complete toptube lenght, right where you stand over the bike.
    That is why it is called standover - height...

Thanks, Andy
    Ok so after measured it.. the result itīs

800mm

Quote Originally Posted by arthuar View Post
    ...please, asap, you must drop some lines about how feel this cute bike!!

Pleease!!

p.s. especially how it's different in technical dh than the mojo HD, and if we can take it for small bike park tour

Hi Arthuar!

Itīs too soon to drop some final results about the bike, Iīve not had enough time to squeeze it to know perfectly how the bike performs but the differents respect to the Mojo HD are very very clear...

Mojo HD -- "Old" Geometry
    Rune -- "New" Geometry (thatīs the main point.. you canīt imagine how important is it..)

Mojo Hd -- Very short bike.. too much in fact ( 1134mm wheelbase in size L)
    rUNE -- perfect wheelbase for a enduro bike (up to bikeparks etc...) (1180mm in size L)

The dwlink is pretty similar to the KS Link but the KS link suspension is little bit more developed in some parts... so in overall.. better the Ks Link and the feelings inside the trail..

The technical parts depends more on the rider rather than the bike but a with the same rider (ME ) the Rune simply kills the Mojo hd... thatīs it

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast