Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trailinger View Post
    What a bike!!! Build and color: Great!!

Is the travel of the fork 160 or 180mm?
    With the fox talas is easy to see if the fork is 160 or 180 in side pic, since the 180 goes below the hub like a cm. I have a 180 in my rune v2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-v2ready.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-mirune.jpg  

Last edited by CALULO; 12-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.

powered by bacon
    Put mine together today. Specs are: Medium frame, Lyric RC2dh 170mm, Elka shock, spank subrosa rims, hope pro 2 evo hubs, pro taper 780mm bars, gravity dropper, xt brakes, 1x10 sram x7, mrp mini g2 sl chain guide (for now). Will try and weigh it tomorrow after riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1354674215641.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    General Lee, you have a sweet bike and great piece on Vital about Banshee!

How are the Oozy rims holding up? I'm thinking of building up some new wheels once Spank sends over another shipment to N. America.

General Lee's bike:

Is that as far forward as you can clock the chainguide?

powered by bacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better View Post
    yes... i have the same one and it has to be almost as far counter clockwise as it can go or it hits the chainstay

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better View Post
    With this particular e13 guide and chainring setup yes. But it doesn't rub the chain anywhere in any gear and retention certainly isn't compromised any. Could space the ring and guide out further but as it is now the chain line is perfect.

I've since taken the dremel to the upper-inner corner of the lower guide and shaved off a few mm (it's really thick on the inner edge) and that took care of the clearance issue. No change in performance, but aesthetically it looks better now that it's rotated a bit more forward.

Not really a fault of Banshee or ethirteen, it's impossible to assure perfect frame/guide compatibility across all models and ring sizes.

only a few more posts and I can show you a pic

mtbr member
    Where are all the black ano. frames ... ?

Waiting can be soooo cruel!
    freedom is the ability to go where you want, when u want

powered by bacon
    Put a few miles on the new bike today. Had to cut it short due to some headset issues, so I didn't get to push it on the dh part. But... It felt great on the climbs; no bobbing, lots of traction, but not harsh either. And no more pedal feedback!

Can't wait to get some real rides on it.

Weight was 36.5lbs by the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2012-12-05_11-37-10_336.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-2012-12-05_12-22-25_583.jpg  

Last edited by helidave; 12-05-2012 at 09:03 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    anyone with 22/36 setup?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Had a chance to take a few proper pics up in the Taipei hills this afternoon:

26", 12x142, low and slack

Tire clearance is never going to be an issue

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Wow, the blue color is absolutely amazing!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    With the fox talas is easy to see if the fork is 160 or 180 in side pic, since the 180 goes below the hub like a cm. I have a 180 in my rune v2
    Very nice bike!!!

mtbr member
    Alright, enough lurking. Time to post...

Anything that will fit from my V1.5 will be going on the V2. Minus the BB and cables/housings. I dug up an older M-660 FD and like builttoride mentioned there is a tad bit of clearance issues. Nothing that 5 minutes with a dremel couldn't fix. I shaved away some of the plastic housing where the adjustment screws are as well as the flange on the rear of the cage. Both of these areas were contacting the swingarm strut. Now the only issue is at full travel the lower link barely contacts the cable pinch bolt. This may be adjusted out once I get the crank installed. Just gotta wait and see.

Has anyone had issues with the longer HT length? I'm hoping with the zs lower headset and removing the one 4mm'ish spacer my steerer will be long enough!

Hopefully I'll have build pics up on Saturday! ...and a ride report on Sunday!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.A View Post
    anyone with 22/36 setup?
    I have a 22/32/44 with the 44 removed, I had the same with the old Rune, but with a MRP 2x chain guide, my mechanic could not fit the chain guide on the V2 with this crankset, i havent had the time to get in more details, but the guys at Banshee are waiting for more details and pics to have it fit, i Also mean to get the new X.0 22/36 as soon as they are available ...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    builttoride:

Should I be afraid to run a -2degree cups on the new Rune with 180mm fork and slackest geometry setting? I am 250lb geared and have an XL frame on order ( with 150mm dropouts for that extra rigidity ).

I don't drop to flat all that much - or ever - but that combo is both tempting and worrying at the same time...

mtbr member
    Is that really the bike to ride 63 degrees with??? Not long ago I stated the fact, proven by a math formula, that with every degree you add approx. 0.5" to the wheelbase.
    With -2 degrees and an XL frame you end up with 48.5" wheelbase....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Wheelbase does not bother me at all. I rode bikes with even more then that. There are no tight switchbacks anywhere I ride.

What I want is a bike that can go up and down with as little compromise as possible, and all the options on the market at the moment are either too small ( I am 6'5" ) or compromised one way or another. Rune V2 is already a good bet at a bike that can do all and with a slacker HA it might actually be even better. Experiment is needed.

mtbr member
    Every rider has to follow its own likings. I am 6.2 and the last bike I tried in XL felt like an oil tanker when cornering in slower, technical sections. I choose the L version and ride it with 66 degrees max. Therefor 63 degrees sounds kinky to me.
    But go your own way and have funů.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    My V2 came in yesterday. One word that describes the new Rune, BURLY with a capital B. This is a hucker's AM bike.
    that is good to know. i went with a spitfire as i wanted to try something different after many years on a rune, and my feeling that the v2 was going to be a burlier bike. i swapped the 36 on my v1 rune to a revelation and haven't felt like it gives up anything for the kind of riding i do (mostly north shore), so i was confident in my decision but still a bit unsure. thanks for the feedback

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by grazertourer View Post
    Wow, the blue color is absolutely amazing!
    X2...really nice
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I would consider the Spitfire more suited to my needs, but they do seem pretty similar given that they both suit the same fork, HTA is only a degree off, CS is similar etc. The suspension characteristics LOOK like they'd be similar because the frame appearance is so similar but I am curious how different they ride as I know a small change to link length can have a major effect. I'm sure there's weight difference but a pound isn't a big deal once you add everything else onto the frame. I'd probably run the Rune in the steep setting and the Spitty in the mid setting.

Thing is, I LOVE that blue.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    You're also adding another 20mm to the axle to crown on a180mm fork. In the slack setting you're probably pushing closer to 64 degrees already.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    thank you, thats a really worthy information!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    builttoride:

Should I be afraid to run a -2degree cups on the new Rune with 180mm fork and slackest geometry setting? I am 250lb geared and have an XL frame on order ( with 150mm dropouts for that extra rigidity ).

I don't drop to flat all that much - or ever - but that combo is both tempting and worrying at the same time...
    This is not something I can reccomend. The 180mm fork option is only covered if running a standard zero stack headset. If you ran 180mm fork with -2degrees youd end up with a headangle slacker than almost all DH bikes ~62.5 degrees. This combined with the long fork and your weight would run potential of over stressing the frame. Plus it really wouldn't handle very well on vast majority of terrain.
    Last edited by builttoride; 12-07-2012 at 05:43 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Keith, what's the minimum seat post insert depth of the L frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    100mm or whatever your seatpost suggests, whichever is deeper. But use some common sense if you are very heavy rider and insert the post further to avoid having to buy a new post or front triangle.
    Last edited by builttoride; 12-08-2012 at 04:16 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 ... LastLast