• 02-12-2013
    FM
    Can't say for sure on the Rune, but E13 chainguides clear the KS link on my Prime, but MRP's were a no go.
  • 02-12-2013
    murrayf
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    I don't have any problems with the G2 with my set up, XTR mid cage and 38t ring.

    I think the xtr mid cage is slightly longer than the Zee FR cage. When I install my mid cage SLX the chain clears the stay by about 1mm. With the zee it touches in the 36t and the 11t (when the derailleur arm is at its flattest extremes).

    Oh also your G2 will be larger than mine if you're running a 38t (36-40) so your pulley will sit lower. I'm running the mini G2 (32-36).

    Im thinking it's the combo of those two factors that let's yours works.
  • 02-13-2013
    MindPatterns
    I'd like to run an Avid Elixir with 185 mm as the rear brake for my Rune V2. Can anyone tell me what size the rear rotors may be before voiding the warranty? Would - theoretically - 200 mm still be okay? I know that the brake is attached to the droupouts which can be changed rather quickly in case anything goes wrong, however I'd like to be sure before assembling anything which is not covered under warranty.

    Then: I've registered my Rune over at bansheebikes.com and have not received a confirmation mail. Anyone registered their ride using the web form and received any answer?
  • 02-13-2013
    ptd
    Pinkbike review with DBAir XV
  • 02-13-2013
    Spooky221
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ptd View Post

    Nice overview on Pinkbike.

    Most insightful! Looking fwd to the overview of the bike itself! Hoping Vital will do a test on the Spitfire/Rune also.
  • 02-13-2013
    CALULO
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Spooky221 View Post
    Most insightful! Looking fwd to the overview of the bike itself! Hoping Vital will do a test on the Spitfire/Rune also.

    Enjoyed reading this: we can only describe as the most capable air shock we've ever ridden, and we'd even go so far as to say that the DBair and 160mm travel Banshee Rune combo is a step ahead of pretty much any coil-sprung bike of similar size that we've spent time on
    I am also waiting for the bikes review, they tested it with 650 ...
  • 02-13-2013
    boogs
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CALULO View Post
    Enjoyed reading this: we can only describe as the most capable air shock we've ever ridden, and we'd even go so far as to say that the DBair and 160mm travel Banshee Rune combo is a step ahead of pretty much any coil-sprung bike of similar size that we've spent time on
    I am also waiting for the bikes review, they tested it with 650 ...



    Search for this:Banshee Rune 650B - Tested Pink Bike

    Interesting what pops up......;)
  • 02-13-2013
    skidad
    Pink Bike Rune 650B review
  • 02-14-2013
    _va
  • 02-14-2013
    bmxking45
    Ok great. Now I might just have to sell both my Elka and the Fox CTD to fund one of these DB Airs. Thing looks like it could be a good replacement. Anyone know what the weight difference between the Fox CTD and the DB Air is?
  • 02-14-2013
    PSimpson7
    Can anyone with a medium give me a rough idea of how long the steerer is on their forks?

    ideally with an idea of the amount of spacers you are using etc, or even a pic of the setup.

    Reason I ask is I have found a immaculate pair of 2012 Lyriks but the steerer is 185mm and I am wary of it being too short.
  • 02-14-2013
    Nescafe
    That stuff is easy to figure out, just measure the height of your stem, add the head tube and add 1/4" of spacers for the heck of it.
    Spacers vary from person to person depending on you size, bike size, the terrain your riding etc.

    Oh and forks don't come in pairs.
  • 02-14-2013
    PSimpson7
    Sorry should have clarified.. I dont have the frame yet, so I cant measure the headtube... I can't find that measurement anywhere.
  • 02-14-2013
    Nescafe
  • 02-14-2013
    PSimpson7
    cheers.
  • 02-14-2013
    MindPatterns
    The steerer of my Talas is 180 mm and I still have plenty of room :)
  • 02-15-2013
    NoahColorado
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by murrayf View Post
    Note - the dropped chainstays on the Rune make it impossible to run the MRP G2 Mini in the correct position. I have it turned as far as it will go (anticlock) and the chain JUST clears the chainstay with an SLX GS rear mech, however with the Zee mech it does not because the chain doesnt get pulled downward enough from the guide pulley. So I had to remove the guide pulley and re-install my Bionicon guide. Works perfect, but isnt ideal.

    You could pickup the medium-angle backplate we make for the Mini G2SL ISCG-05 - that should solve the problem.

    We also make the S4 guide, that should work well on the Rune, as will the new AMg. The Mini G3 fits, but just barely. I dunno about Micro, but my gut says it should work. I'll ask our UK distributor ISON, they also do Banshee now.

    Nice ride!
  • 02-15-2013
    MalcolmX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Cool, think you may like it better. Should be a bit easier to climb on and quite possibly faster and more responsive on the descents. That is what I found going from slack to neutral on mine. The bike feels a little more lively and balanced to me in that setting, even at Blackrock. I did not like descending in the slack/lower setting as much, opposite of what you would think there. Think the suspension kinematics might possibly be optimized and tuned around the neutral setting. Just a guess, but that is my observation so far. I may go back to the slack setting for annual bike park trip this summer.

    tending towards that opinion as well... the bike rides beautifully in neutral setting with 170mm lyrik (no angle set)
    with slack setting, it seems a bit exegerated geometrywise... but I need a bit more testing...
  • 02-15-2013
    hanson
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Hey all,
    In the past year or so I've ridden a Solid Mission 9, 2Stage Elite 9, Giant Glory, Giant Reign, Cube Fritzz, Trek Remedy, Orange Alpine 160 and all versions of the Rune( Just to give you an idea of what I'm used to riding although I'll be comparing the V2 to the previous versions of the Rune in this review ).

    It would be great if you can compare the Cube Fritzz with Rune v2! :)

    I'm currently riding a Fritzz and thinking of buying a Rune v2.
  • 02-16-2013
    Resnick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 772290

    Heres mine almost done.
  • 02-16-2013
    uzurpator
    Resnick: What frame size is that?
  • 02-16-2013
    cfrench
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    You get one dropout option of your choice with the frame, which includes flip chips, and Banshee axle if applicable. You have to specify which dropouts you want when you order the frame.


    ISON, the UK distributor are telling people you dont get a choice, just 142, buy the others for Ģ80 if you dont want 142. Is this right?
  • 02-16-2013
    Resnick
    Medium
  • 02-16-2013
    MindPatterns
    I got the Banshee Rune with the CCDB Air and I finished building the frame today. I was about to go ride it tomorrow for the first time but I noticed some tolerance in the rear bushing of the CCDB. I can easily reproduce it when I lift the bike holding one hand at the seat tube. Is this a known problem? Is this an issue after all?
  • 02-16-2013
    rokesoke
    This is my new Rune...





    Size M, CCDB, and XX1.
    Weight: 13,8Kg - 30,42 lb
  • 02-16-2013
    MindPatterns
    This is a nice looking ride. How tall are you?
  • 02-16-2013
    bmxking45
    I am super jealous of your XX1 drivetrain. That is what I want to look into as my next purchase!
  • 02-16-2013
    jgusta
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    I got the Banshee Rune with the CCDB Air and I finished building the frame today. I was about to go ride it tomorrow for the first time but I noticed some tolerance in the rear bushing of the CCDB. I can easily reproduce it when I lift the bike holding one hand at the seat tube. Is this a known problem? Is this an issue after all?

    Good question as I have the same going on with mine that I just noticed the other day after about 1.5 month of steady use on new frame. I feel the tolerance (some light movement) when lifting up the back end of the saddle while keeping wheel on the floor. Thought it might be the lower pivots, but all were tightened to spec and feels like it may be coming from rear bushing of shock, but can't feel any movement at that location when I place my fingers there. I may replace my rear bushing to see if it goes away as I might of wore it some when I put new shock mounts thru pre-existing shock from other bike onto Rune frame.
  • 02-16-2013
    Mishtar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    I am super jealous of your XX1 drivetrain. That is what I want to look into as my next purchase!

    Next year the prices should be more affordable if they trickle the tech down to XO or X9
  • 02-17-2013
    leejords
    Can anyone here recommend a what size for someone who is 175cm,
    However has a longish Mere Kat type back and short legs? ;)
    Also, what's if like at pedalling with that slack head angle and new suspension design?

    All the best,
    Lee.
  • 02-17-2013
    ptd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by leejords View Post
    Can anyone here recommend a what size for someone who is 175cm,
    However has a longish Mere Kat type back and short legs? ;)
    Also, what's if like at pedalling with that slack head angle and new suspension design?

    All the best,
    Lee.

    This thread might help:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/banshee-bikes...um-835041.html

    Slayerrulz went for a small, I went for a medium, both based on our preferences and comparing to other bikes and thier setup and planned setup on the rune.

    Do you have a current bike you can compare reach measurement and stem/bar width to?

    After spending time on medium, I'm still satisfied at 172cm tall with long arms and torso. Without trying both it's really hard to tell!

    I've only ridden in slack setting so far, it's fine, even rode an XC race, I think it's just technique.
    Trying the neutral setting the first time today...
  • 02-17-2013
    rokesoke
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    This is a nice looking ride. How tall are you?

    Thank you.
    My height is 1.71 meters, and I have a 50mm stem.
  • 02-17-2013
    MindPatterns
    Makes me wonder why most of you ride the Rune in M with body heights like this. I'm 177 cm and ride a M.
  • 02-17-2013
    sxross
    For those who got the V2 frames, particularly in Asia,when did you place the order?
    I've made the upgrade order in Oct last year and still no delivery date till now...
  • 02-17-2013
    cfrench
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by leejords View Post
    Can anyone here recommend a what size for someone who is 175cm,
    However has a longish Mere Kat type back and short legs? ;)
    Also, what's if like at pedalling with that slack head angle and new suspension design?

    All the best,
    Lee.

    Ive Mere Kat bones too (nice to meet you brother), im 177 with 30inch inseam. Ive ordered a Medium and will run it with 160 forks and a 60mm stem. It should fit me perfect. Should climb great spec'd like this.
  • 02-17-2013
    Haus Boss
    I had the same issue. I contacted cane creek and they admitted that some bushing sets had been sent out that we're slightly off. The play is gone with the new bushings.
  • 02-17-2013
    MindPatterns
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    I had the same issue. I contacted cane creek and they admitted that some bushing sets had been sent out that we're slightly off. The play is gone with the new bushings.

    So they sent you a set of new bushings? Warranty-wise?
  • 02-17-2013
    CALULO
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by leejords View Post
    Can anyone here recommend a what size for someone who is 175cm,
    However has a longish Mere Kat type back and short legs? ;)
    Also, what's if like at pedalling with that slack head angle and new suspension design?

    All the best,
    Lee.

    hola, I am 1.73, and i am riding a med, with a 40mm stem and my saddle is a bit forward
  • 02-17-2013
    CALULO
    I am coming out of an injury, and last saturday i went for my first ride (pointing down) with my V2 here is a video from that day, I am chasing a friend who is riding a Rune V1, and pointing his camera back ... mine is pointing front ...

    Getting back on the bike! el chirimoyo Video - Pinkbike
    Contour | Stories | CALULO 2
  • 02-17-2013
    murrayf
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    You could pickup the medium-angle backplate we make for the Mini G2SL ISCG-05 - that should solve the problem.

    We also make the S4 guide, that should work well on the Rune, as will the new AMg. The Mini G3 fits, but just barely. I dunno about Micro, but my gut says it should work. I'll ask our UK distributor ISON, they also do Banshee now.

    Nice ride!

    Thanks for the info. I didn't realize you can buy different backplates. Although they look like they are almost the cost of a guide so I'd almost be as well selling my G2 mini and going with something I know will fit. Let my know if you hear any confirmations from ISON, that would be great. Cheers.
  • 02-17-2013
    zupaphil
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is my new Rune! First ride on saturday. Itīs fantastic!!!

    Attachment 773024
  • 02-18-2013
    MindPatterns
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Good question as I have the same going on with mine that I just noticed the other day after about 1.5 month of steady use on new frame. I feel the tolerance (some light movement) when lifting up the back end of the saddle while keeping wheel on the floor. Thought it might be the lower pivots, but all were tightened to spec and feels like it may be coming from rear bushing of shock, but can't feel any movement at that location when I place my fingers there. I may replace my rear bushing to see if it goes away as I might of wore it some when I put new shock mounts thru pre-existing shock from other bike onto Rune frame.

    I have spoken to the german distributor of Cane Creek today and yes, they are aware of this issue. They told me to send in the shock, they will take care of it!
  • 02-18-2013
    JansonJanson
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MindPatterns View Post
    Makes me wonder why most of you ride the Rune in M with body heights like this. I'm 177 cm and ride a M.

    i am 187cm - and got a XL - as you know.
    I think its personal intrest, and what you gonna do with the bike.

    @rokesoke: how did you remove the Enve Decals on the DH Bar?
  • 02-18-2013
    cfrench
    hi, youve got to remember that its not all about how tall you are...its how long your arms and legs are and how long your spine is. some people at 5ft 10 will need the same size as someone 5ft 8 if the 5ft 10 guy has short legs and the 5ft 8 guy has long legs. on the same note someone thats 5ft 10 with long legs may opt for a large size where his buddy also at 5ft 10 opts for a medium (due to short arms/legs).....and thats before we even start talking about picking smaller size bikes for 'chuckability'. Sit on it and see before you buy, or if you cant sit on another bike you know has the same reach (+ stem length and bar width), standover, wheelbase etc...
  • 02-18-2013
    hanson
    I'm trying to decide what size i should get, I'm in the middle of L and XL.

    I'm 192cm with 92cm inseam.

    The current bike has a 610mm ETT and 1190mm wheelbase. It has a somewhat tall head tube of 140mm plus 40mm spacers. I've not reflected over that until I noticed that the Rune only has a 125mm head tube and people only use 1-2cm spacers. I've removed all spacers for tomorrows ride to see what that does to the feel of the bike.
    I currently run the bike with a 70mm stem and 780mm bar.

    I've tried to measure my current bike and trying out different stems and bar height
    to match both a L and XL body position to try to find an answer but the the overall feel of the bikes differ, head tube angle, seat tube angle, different chain stay length etc. that it's only the static body position that I can get a feeling of.

    The big question is if I should go with a XL and run 30-40mm stem or
    a L with 50-60mm stem, how many spacers on the toptube etc.
    Another concern is the seatpost length I need to use on a L frame.

    I ofcourse understand that all this comes down to personal preferences
    but I have no possibility to test both L and XL before buying and don't
    want to buy the wrong size.

    I really want a bike that I can ride at bike parks but it will mainly be used
    for technical trail rides, both shorter 2 hour ride but also 6-7 hour weekend rides.
    There are no long climbs, but the climbs are often steep and technical.
  • 02-18-2013
    rokesoke
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JansonJanson View Post
    i am 187cm - and got a XL - as you know.
    I think its personal intrest, and what you gonna do with the bike.

    @rokesoke: how did you remove the Enve Decals on the DH Bar?

    Hello.
    My handle is the Riser Bar and has only ENVE logo in the center.
    ENVE Carbon Riser Bar
  • 02-19-2013
    cfrench
    hanson, i think youd be an extra large, the rune doesnt have the longest of top tubes and this is not a bike youd want to have to put a longer stem on. depends how chuckable you want it though. maybe see if you can get similar sized rune owners to picture themselves next to their bikes to give you a better idea.
  • 02-19-2013
    cfrench
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rokesoke View Post
    This is my new Rune...

    That is a very tidy machine indeed!

    How you getting on so far...dialled in the CCDB yet?
  • 02-19-2013
    skidad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by frenchcr View Post
    That is a very tidy machine indeed!

    How you getting on so far...dialled in the CCDB yet?

    Also, what size front ring you got there on the XX1?
  • 02-19-2013
    Mishtar
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rokesoke View Post
    This is my new Rune...

    [

    Size M, CCDB, and XX1.
    Weight: 13,8Kg - 30,42 lb

    What rims are those?