Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Looks great man, I love how functional the new Rune looks.

The Fox iRD app is available on android too, according to this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    Looks great man, I love how functional the new Rune looks.

The Fox iRD app is available on android too, according to this.
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm really liking the look of this thing.

A quick ride around my apartment complex and yeah it does feel longer and more forward.

Cannonball!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    A quick ride around my apartment complex
    Eat your heart out Darkslide, ripped some Cold Creek/Thrillium today. Still have some tweeks and upgrades to make, but all in all this is a much better bike than I am a rider!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    Eat your heart out Darkslide, ripped some Cold Creek/Thrillium today. Still have some tweeks and upgrades to make, but all in all this is a much better bike than I am a rider!
    How are the conditions at CC? I want to take this thing out tomorrow but I am torn between Sandy Ridge and Cold Creek. The weather is supposed to be crap tomorrow. BTW do you ride with any of the CCMTB guys?

mtbr member
    Wow, that was quick Kevin. Looks RAD! How does it fit compared to your V1, feel much longer when cruising around on it or not much different? Doesn't looks that much bigger to me than a large V1.

Oh, BTW ran into your CC bro, Michael C. at Syncline today. Trail conditions were good out east today!

Enjoy and let me know when's a good time to check out for sizing sake if that is still cool?

Jon

Edit: Also, what setting are the chips in with them at the top, the slackest and lowest setting or steepest and tallest?
    Last edited by jgusta; 12-01-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Great review Danshee! So do you feel much difference in handling and feel in the different chip settings? I am inclined to run mine in the lowest/slackest setting for the lowest BB, as I have been running my SB66 with fork dropped to 130mm for the lower bike feel and to extend the reach to weight the front end more due to slack STA of <71* with fork extended. With fork lowered and BB to 13.3", the bike feels pretty good hugging the trails, just wish I could run it like that in 160 fork setting.,

Also, I haven't heard any comments of stiffness of the V2 compared to the other Runes. Any significant difference when slaying the turns on the V2, or about the same as V1 (when the pivots are solid of course)?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    c-d, you available manana (Sunday) in the afternoon for a quick peek of your rig?

I sent you a couple of PM's this past week to no reply.

Jon
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Wow, that was quick Kevin. Looks RAD! How does it fit compared to your V1, feel much longer when cruising around on it or not much different? Doesn't looks that much bigger to me than a large V1.

Oh, BTW ran into your CC bro, Michael C. at Syncline today. Trail conditions were good out east today!

Enjoy and let me know when's a good time to check out for sizing sake if that is still cool?

Jon

Edit: Also, what setting are the chips in with them at the top, the slackest and lowest setting or steepest and tallest?
    It is definitely longer in the reach department. But not in a bad way. When standing the geo seems to put you into the attack position without any effort. To be honest I am going to bet you will want a medium.

As for tomorrow I might be in your neck of the woods running errands if I don't end up out riding. Ill text you tomorrow.

The chips are in the slackest position.

Cannonball!
    How are the conditions at CC? I want to take this thing out tomorrow but I am torn between Sandy Ridge and Cold Creek. The weather is supposed to be crap tomorrow. BTW do you ride with any of the CCMTB guys?
    Cold Creek was great and Thrillium was mostly great with a couple mucky spots. Yeah, CCMTB are my homies, I ran into you at one of the work parties last year but, I was working on a different project so we didn't chat much. I had a V1 Spitfire, in a similar color combo to your Rune and we crossed paths a couple times other places as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So are any of you guys who bought the Large and have it already exactly 6ft? Just wondering how it feels for someone 6ft. My large V1 felt great and so does my Large Devinci Wilson but all of this talk about a long reach is making me nervous, especially since I am going from a 680mm bar to a 750mm bar.

mtbr member
    Cold Creek was great and Thrillium was mostly great with a couple mucky spots. Yeah, CCMTB are my homies, I ran into you at one of the work parties last year but, I was working on a different project so we didn't chat much. I had a V1 Spitfire, in a similar color combo to your Rune and we crossed paths a couple times other places as well.
    I remember you. I think I ran into you at Sandy as well. We need to hook up and go ride sometime. PM me if interested. I have been off the bike for a few months. I need to clear out the cob webs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    So are any of you guys who bought the Large and have it already exactly 6ft? Just wondering how it feels for someone 6ft. My large V1 felt great and so does my Large Devinci Wilson but all of this talk about a long reach is making me nervous, especially since I am going from a 680mm bar to a 750mm bar.
    Im 6' nothing with a 34 inseam. It feels fine to me with a 50mm stem and 780 bars. It does feel different though. Ill have to wait until I can ride it in anger to really comment further.

mtbr member
    Threw her on the scale.

31.4 lbs. Quite respectable considering I don't have a wimpy build. Single ply tires ran tubeless helps though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Threw her on the scale.

31.4 lbs. Quite respectable considering I don't have a wimpy build. Single ply tires ran tubeless helps though.
    Have you posted up your build already?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Have you posted up your build already?
    Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thank you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm still undecided about the flip chips, I've always considered adjustable geometry to be a bit of a gimmick and I expected that I'd just leave them in the neutral position and never touch them but I've been having fun with trying the different settings because it's easy to change them.

I'm not 100% sure that the handling differences between each setting are that noticeable. I mean, I do notice changes but I'm not sure how much of that is just placebo.

I suppose a good test would be have someone change them over and cover them up with tape or something then have you ride the same trail over and over with different settings to see if you can tell which setting they are in but does anyone really care that much? The bike rides awesome in any setting.

At the moment, I'm riding with them in the slackest position and I absolutely love how it handles downhill, I haven't had any problems climbing either.

mtbr member
    Very nice build, the red and the raw fit perfect together....

Looks like a single chainring in front, but you have a front derailleur installed.
    What sizes do you ride?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    @Darkslide18 - My sag is 27%

@jgusta - The V2 rear end is much stiffer than the V1, I'm running 142mm x 12 drop outs now though.

Just got back from sessioning some easy going but fun trails with a few mates. Had a ball and felt really quick, fired up Strava and placed 4th fastest on a section with fast and tight berms - MTB Stig is Peaty and Mr Rat is Josh Bryceland

This bike is rapid!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshee View Post
    @Darkslide18 - My sag is 27%

@jgusta - The V2 rear end is much stiffer than the V1, I'm running 142mm x 12 drop outs now though.

Just got back from sessioning some easy going but fun trails with a few mates. Had a ball and felt really quick, fired up Strava and placed 4th fastest on a section with fast and tight berms - MTB Stig is Peaty and Mr Rat is Josh Bryceland

This bike is rapid!
    Heading out for its maiden voyage. I think a little PNW flow trail is in order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    danshee, impressive score! what size of chainring are you running?

what is popular size on V1, 1.5? Im trying to decide the size for chainring for 1x10 setup.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasis View Post
    danshee, impressive score! what size of chainring are you running?

what is popular size on V1, 1.5? Im trying to decide the size for chainring for 1x10 setup.
    I'm currently running 26/36.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I ponder whether this bike could perform well enough to make my TR250 obsolete.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Yup, 650B and 26" dropouts are different. You choose what dropouts you want when you first order the frame, and other options will be avalibale seperately for additional charges if desired.
    What are the 'additional options'?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    What are the 'additional options'?
    From what I know, three 26" options: 135x10, 142x12 and 150x12.

Keith means that you can get any one of them (pending availability I guess) included with the frame and you can buy additional ones for extra (collect them all, like happy meal toys)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

Page 16 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast