Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast
    yep
    Hey guys, I'm considering a new Rune as my first bike next Spring. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about components or bike building yet, so I'm trying to figure out if a decent Rune build could be done with a budget of $4000? Also, anyone have any idea what the pricing on the complete bikes will be? Thanks

MTB B'dos
    ++1 on this. The FD situation right now is absolutely cluster fvcked. As FM said, when we were getting our Prime's and deciding on which FD we needed it was an absolute nightmare with the unbelievable amount of FDs options and "standards".

What I can tell you is this, on my Prime I run the SRAM XO Low DM S3 meant to fit a 39/26 ring combo and it works fine with my 24/38 9spd double with bash on a triple crank setup, shifts are smooth and fast, actually better than I remember with 9spd XT FDs of the older generations.With my setup the chain is almost on the bottom of the cage in the 16t cog in the 24t ring, but doesn't touch. I have run a 15t and had no issues either and expect you could go as small as maybe a 13t without rub, maybe even an 11t. So if you dropped 2 teeth to a 22 you might not be able to go as low, maybe to say 16t, but that's still plenty low when running in the granny ring, if you need more shift to the bigger ring.

BTW Bash ring is an old 44t big ring with teeth snipped and filed off and I run an SS/Trials Pro2 hub with the first 6 cogs on an XTR 32-11 cassette, so 32, 28, 24, 21, 18, 16.

BTW, curious how come such small rings, do you plan on doing like me and running a 32t max cog? Cause if you plan to run a newer cassette with a 36t cog I hope you can really spin, cause unless you regularly climb 25% grades that's what you'll be doing on 26" and even 650B wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Nobody knows, now that there are 400+ part numbers to test for compatibility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-lfp_4003.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-lfp_4006.jpg  

Banshee Rune V2 Build Thread-lfp_3998.jpg  

Last edited by LyNx; 11-25-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Planning on running a 11-34 cassette and just went with the 22/34 as that is what i had before. I do like to climb up the trails I ride down though vice the fireroads. I also really do not use the 22t, just there as a last resort.

MTB B'dos
    If it's only fire road climbing that you'll be doing, then I highly suggest you consider going for a 24/36 combo, think you'll get much more use out of both of those rings compared to the 22/34. I think you'll get a very useable low gear of 18.4 gear inches, with 24-34(46 RPMs to do 2.5mph, which for me is about fall over speed while climbing unless stalled on a feature/obstacle) and a high of 85.1 gear inches with 36-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Planning on running a 11-34 cassette and just went with the 22/34 as that is what i had before. I do like to climb up the trails I ride down though vice the fireroads. I also really do not use the 22t, just there as a last resort.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Hard funkin Kraut
    Well said LyNx. Im running 2 x 9 for some time now, with 11-34 Cassette rear and 22/36 Rings in front and it works great overall, with good usage of both Rings. Im now thinking about switching to 2 x 10, with 11-36 cassette and 24/36 Rings in front a.) to avoid Pedalkickback in the granny and b.) only half of my climbings are Fireroads ...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well - the gearing is a very individual thing, to be honest. I plan to use 35/21 front and 12-30 rear. I was running a 12-38 cassette for a while, and while to top gears were fine, bottom were just too much. And I miss the precise gear tuning from my road bike.

MTB B'dos
    I would run 24/36 if I ran a full 9spd cassette, or had machined the back of this to allow me to run 7 cogs, but since my smallest cog is only a 16t, I need the 38t ring for speed on the road, flat trails and connectors. 38-16 gives me 68.9 gear inches and I need to spin 98 RPMs to do 20mph, 122 RPMs to do 25mph, so anything lower and I'd need to do my best hamster on meth impression when getting to and from trails - did run 36t at first when I built the Prime because I didn't have an FD, so it let me have an easier gear instead of having to stop or toe tap to drop to the granny manually.

Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Well said LyNx. Im running 2 x 9 for some time now, with 11-34 Cassette rear and 22/36 Rings in front and it works great overall, with good usage of both Rings. Im now thinking about switching to 2 x 10, with 11-36 cassette and 24/36 Rings in front a.) to avoid Pedalkickback in the granny and b.) only half of my climbings are Fireroads ...
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Just plugging in to this thread, is the frame 650b compatible or does it require different drop outs? If different, when will they be available?

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by highrustler View Post
    Just plugging in to this thread, is the frame 650b compatible or does it require different drop outs? If different, when will they be available?
    I'm counting they come with the frame?!
    Last edited by ptd; 11-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Some very nice close up shots of the welding and the frame here.

Vancouver Island Mountain Biking (VIMB) :: View topic - Banshee addendum

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ptd View Post
    I'm counting they come with the frame?!
    You specify which dropouts you want when you order the frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by T.PEDRO View Post
    Hello Keith,

I have a Shimano FD-M675E2 on my Rune V2. There is no problem.
    Thanks, this is one of the derailleurs that we orders quite some time ago to check. Does it have clearance through full range of frame travel.

The problem with the older shimano design (that is gradually being replaced by them) is not cage clearance, but the black section attacked to the cgae that has the adjuster screws on it... that part is too long on old SLX FD's so that t hits the vertical strut of the rear triangle is the frame moves through the travel.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    You specify which dropouts you want when you order the frame.
    Yup, 650B and 26" dropouts are different. You choose what dropouts you want when you first order the frame, and other options will be avalibale seperately for additional charges if desired.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    A question for you guys. I'm planning on getting my own Rune in the next year, so I wanted to ask, when you ordered the frame with what is it shipped? Do you get the flip-chips, do you get all of the dropouts or just the one you selected? What kind of rear axle does it use (maxle, syntace, shimano)?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You get one dropout option of your choice with the frame, which includes flip chips, and Banshee axle if applicable. You have to specify which dropouts you want when you order the frame.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I ordered both 26" and 650b dropouts. I think it was $25 extra for the spare.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The dropouts cost a fair bit more than $25 to buy after market normally, maybe your dealer offered you a special discount as you bought the extra set with the frame.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The dropouts cost a fair bit more than $25 to buy after market normally, maybe your dealer offered you a special discount as you bought the extra set with the frame.
    As far as I saw, the derr. hanger is separate from the dropouts?
    Is it a standard derr. hanger or a custom banshee hanger?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drakche View Post
    As far as I saw, the derr. hanger is separate from the dropouts?
    Is it a standard derr. hanger or a custom banshee hanger?
    Looks Banshee specific to fit the dropout. Stout looking little thing though.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    the 135 dropout anger is a standrad hanger, the 142 and 150mm dropouts use the same robust banshee hangers used on scythe and legend, and should be readily avaliable from your local dealer if you do somehow manage to bend one.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    My frame is out for delivery on the UPS truck. The UPS guy is going to be greeted with a **** eating grin. Drive faster dude!!

mtbr member

Its here!

Showed up this morning. Cant wait to build it up over the weekend. Plenty stoked!

Ill be posting up the build in a few days.

Large Rune V2 in Raw.

Cannonball!
    Just got mine built, so stoked!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkslide18 View Post
    Showed up this morning. Cant wait to build it up over the weekend. Plenty stoked!

Ill be posting up the build in a few days.

Large Rune V2 in Raw.
    That looks sweet... Are the stickers under the clear coat?

Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast