The Shimano front derailleur we recommend is the FDM-985-E2
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The Shimano front derailleur we recommend is the FDM-985-E2
    Problem with that is it will only work with a 10 speed. I am using a 9 speed RD. According to Shimano Canada that will not be compatible.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I figured it out, the Shimano XT M770 Etype will work it seems.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
    Problem with that is it will only work with a 10 speed. I am using a 9 speed RD. According to Shimano Canada that will not be compatible.
    It is going to work just fine. Shimano just covers their behind.

Anyhow - i am almost sure that if there are no known clearance issues ( Keith? ) then any e-type front mech with removed base plate will work just fine. Just like it is so with Spesh DMD mount.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The M770 will have clearance issues, we only recommend the M985E and M985E2 currently. when we eventually get samples from shimano we will be testing other options.

All SRAM S3 offering work with good clearance.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Hard funkinī Kraut
    These two Front-Derailleurs should work, as the E-Type (without Plate) fits the S3-Standard:

Shimano XTR FD M985-E2
    Shimano XT FD M785-E2

Greetings
    NoStyle

Roll on Spring Time!
    Gonna have to start a seperate photo thread. thats alot of reading to only see a handlefull of builds. Love the new design but not ready to build one yet. Just want to drool till I am ready.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Itīs complex to create a photo build threat only with 1 or 2 bikes around... This post need time... probably in a few weeks... the vision should change a little bit

Hard funkinī Kraut
    @ juan pablo
    As Adriano has mentioned: This Thread needs Time and Patience at the moment. Several Photo-Threads for one Type of Bike is not really usefull, I think. The first Batches are on their way to the Customers, so this one will get a lot more Traffic and Posts in a short Time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    i can post photos of my frame ... i havent build my bike since i cant ride for 2 more months

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    These two Front-Derailleurs should work, as the E-Type (without Plate) fits the S3-Standard:

Shimano XTR FD M985-E2
    Shimano XT FD M785-E2

Greetings
    NoStyle
    The problem is the only one that I have found that is a 3x9 that works is the M770 which Kieth just said will have clearance issues. All of the ones everyone else is posting are 2x10 and I do not want to sell the new cranks, chain rings and rear casette I just bought to try to switch over to a 2x10 system.

Anyone able to post a SRAM S3 3x9 system that would work?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    It is going to work just fine. Shimano just covers their behind.

Anyhow - i am almost sure that if there are no known clearance issues ( Keith? ) then any e-type front mech with removed base plate will work just fine. Just like it is so with Spesh DMD mount.
    So do you think if I bought a SRAM S3 3x10 it would work with my 22/32/bash guard set up with a 9 speed chain and rear derailleur?
    Last edited by Mishtar; 11-23-2012 at 11:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    @ juan pablo
    As Adriano has mentioned: This Thread needs Time and Patience at the moment. Several Photo-Threads for one Type of Bike is not really usefull, I think. The first Batches are on their way to the Customers, so this one will get a lot more Traffic and Posts in a short Time.
    UPS tracking shows that my frame will be on my doorstep on Tues. Plan on building it up over next weekend. Stoked.

mtbr member
    I am still a little confused because this was the exact wording that I received from Banshee when I wrote the site.

"The Rune V2 takes a low bottom pull direct mount front derailleur. If you're ordering a Sram front derailleur you'll need an S3, Shimano call theres an E-tipe.
    "

It quotes that it is low bottom pull direct mount but then later says E-type. Do you have your bike to actually look at it and confim it is E-type? I do not want to be ordering the wrong derailluer and as no shops around here have seen one yet they can not confirm what type it is either.
    I Order this One for my 9 Speed (22/36/bash). It it for 10 Speed, But i Hope it is the right:

Sram X0 Umwerfer S3 Montage Bottum Pull 2 fach 36-22 Z - TNC Hamburg

The Information for 9 Speed from Banshee is insufficient!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    All SRAM S3 2x10 and 3x10 FD's fit. A I mentioned before, we recommend SRAM front derailleurs in general, as they offer more clearance all around.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    All SRAM S3 2x10 and 3x10 FD's fit. A I mentioned before, we recommend SRAM front derailleurs in general, as they offer more clearance all around.

I understand they fit, you have said that several times,. What I am looking for is info on if they will work with a 9 speed cassette, you have not confirmed that at all. SO I will try my question again, Kieth can I use aSRAM S3 3x10 fd with a 9 speed rear derailleur and 9 speed chain?
    Last edited by Mishtar; 11-25-2012 at 12:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yes you can They will happily work with 9speed chain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uzurpator View Post
    Yes you can They will happily work with 9speed chain.
    and this one:

Shimano SLX Umwerfer FD-M665 E-Type 2x9 fach - TNC Hamburg

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    From what I gathered around, it won't due to clearance issues. Which is kind of a bummer since Shimano e-type deraileurs allow abit of wiggle room regarding the position of the cage, unlike sram S3 offerings.

EDIT: Which makes me inquire.

What is the clearance issue with shimano rear mechs? Is it the cage resting on the upper suspension link or hitting the rear triangle when on a granny?

I guess that in the second case ( hitting on the rear triangle ) one can use 150mm dropouts to resolve the issue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The M770 will have clearance issues, we only recommend the M985E and M985E2 currently. when we eventually get samples from shimano we will be testing other options.

All SRAM S3 offering work with good clearance.
    Hello Keith,

I have a Shimano FD-M675E2 on my Rune V2. There is no problem.

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

I understand they fit, you have said that several times,. What I am looking for is info on if they will work with a 9 speed cassette, you have not confirmed that at all. SO I will try my question again, Kieth can I use aSRAM S3 3x10 fd with a 9 speed rear derailleur and 9 speed chain?
    Common sense man, it isn't a Banshee specific question if the 2x9 and 2x10 front derailleurs are compatible, and so that you know, they are.

Don't go mental on this, but Keith had already answered your questions a few post before, you should have done your research better.

Personal Rant:
    Internet makes me feel like some people just want everything handled on a plate on their front. Don't be an idiot and demand answers. Search a bit before posting, you might avoid looking bad... It is not my duty to help every dumb-@ss who can't even use google, and while I am cooperative and help out, I can't understand the unneeded aggressive attitude some folks have behind a screen. FFS, check google 1st page, and then ask, not exactly rocket science to use google. And please, no dumb smiles or signs of frustration when it's you not getting the point, due to your slackness and lack of research
    Rant Over

FM
    luxatio erecta
    We went through this last year with the KS-link Prime prototypes. Seems like new component "standards" (front derailuer and others) are being released with almost no coordination or clear documentation to help bike manufacturers, consumers or mechanics.

There at least 4 different mounting standards now, plus bottom pull and top pull, and different models for 2x and 3x, with different chainring size ranges for each. Way too many options! Although I prefer 1x, I did try several front derailuers on my KS-link Prime, and the 2x specific SRAM S3 had the most chainstay clearance and fit the best. I also found that E13 chainguides worked fine, and MRP's didn't clear the lower KS link (also had very poor documentation). The KS link Rune may be different.

Front derailuers suck- even when they work, they cut into your tire clearance and create potential chainsuck issues. So much simpler to run 1x, with a small single front ring and a wide range cassette. Funny that SRAM is pursuing this, after riders have been doing it DIY style for years.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by G_g View Post
    Common sense man, it isn't a Banshee specific question if the 2x9 and 2x10 front derailleurs are compatible, and so that you know, they are.

Don't go mental on this, but Keith had already answered your questions a few post before, you should have done your research better.

Personal Rant:
    Internet makes me feel like some people just want everything handled on a plate on their front. Don't be an idiot and demand answers. Search a bit before posting, you might avoid looking bad... It is not my duty to help every dumb-@ss who can't even use google, and while I am cooperative and help out, I can't understand the unneeded aggressive attitude some folks have behind a screen. FFS, check google 1st page, and then ask, not exactly rocket science to use google. And please, no dumb smiles or signs of frustration when it's you not getting the point, due to your slackness and lack of research
    Rant Over
    Seriously you're going to try to say I did not do my research? I spent 10 plus hours on google and talking to my local shop and emailing banshee. Kieth did not answer my question above, as well the person at banshee who responded to my email recommended the exact derailleur kieth said will not work. After 3 days of trying to get a answer to what derailleur will work with a 3x9 set up with 2 rings I still have not had kieth or anyone from banshee say yes these 3x10 derailleur's we recommend will work with a 3x9 crank set and derailleur.

I get the ones that kieth recommend will work for the rune, but show me where he said they will work with what I stated I have which once again for the record is a 3x9 system set up with a bash guard vice a large ring. From my google research I am reading that the chain being a 9 speed vice a 10 speed may not work with a 3x10 derailluer. Since it is a 22/32 chain ring set up 2x10 systems will not work from my research as the 22 is to low.
    Last edited by Mishtar; 11-24-2012 at 02:24 PM.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    10 plus hours on google and talking to my local shop and emailing banshee..
    Nobody knows, now that there are 400+ part numbers to test for compatibility.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Nobody knows, now that there are 400+ part numbers to test for compatibility.

+1 to that.

Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast