Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ok maybe this was my problem, I was looking for a complete headset but I need to buy each part seperately, I did not know this.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    AdrianoMTB:

Good review. I am going to buy a Rune, but I am not sure, if I should choose L or XL. What is your height and inseam?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    @adrianomtb
    Great review! You are writing that the Rune is a great climber even though you are using a 170mm. Does that mean in your opinion you don't have to use a fork you can travel? I'm asking cause i wanted to install a 180mm fox talas but after your review i think about saving lots of pennies if i go for the lyric too...what do you think?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi Pedro,

I ordered the same frame and have the same fork.
    Could you say me how the vipīr shock is in comparison to the fox float ctd?
    And how much is the weight of your nice bike?

Cheers!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I always thought climbing on an enduro without TA fork is a cliché, but with the V2 rune, it really works great!

I would go for a fixed 170mm Fork anytime (mine is an old lyrik u-turn, but I stopped using the travel-down function on the V2...)
    it climbs as well with full travel fork, as the V1 Rune with fork traveled down.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I always thought climbing on an enduro without TA fork is a cliché, but with the V2 rune, it really works great!

I would go for a fixed 170mm Fork anytime (mine is an old lyrik u-turn, but I stopped using the travel-down function on the V2...)
    it climbs as well with full travel fork, as the V1 Rune with fork traveled down.

Good to know Malcom! My 170mm Deville also doesnīt have a travel-down function.
    Now I can be more relaxed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Banshee Final Review
    Direction angle  65 to 66 with 160mm fork and even more with 170mm fork.
    Did you mean 66 to 65deg and even LESS with 170mm fork ?
    Last edited by razorjack; 11-20-2012 at 02:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    @ kalkhoffpink
    Haha, Iīm for sure no one to proove you as a fool ...
    Ok, the Wildcard has a Wheelbase of 1164 mm with 545 A2C-Fork in Size L. Now take a proper Measurement with your -1 Deg CC-Angleset - do you have a WB of 1176,5 mm?
    If so than the olī spicy Trail-Shreddy is a fool ...

@ AdrianoMTB
    Nice writeup
    And yes, High Roller 2 Exo Protection is a great Tire, same as the Onza Ibex, which I have in 2.35 FR.

Well I guess "proper" measurement is the main problem here...
    The formula is clear - where are your doubts?? Sounds too much? However, I will now grab my rig and go outside for a short spontaneous ride around the lake. And no matter what size the wheelbase is, I will have fun with my wildcard at this sunny 43rd Birthday...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    @ AdrianoMTB
    Nice writeup
    And yes, High Roller 2 Exo Protection is a great Tire, same as the Onza Ibex, which I have in 2.35 FR.
    Thanks for these words NoStyle... Hope to see at the Mega next 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by ruckse View Post
    AdrianoMTB:

Good review. I am going to buy a Rune, but I am not sure, if I should choose L or XL. What is your height and inseam?

Thanks
    My height and inseam itīs 1,86 mts tall and 89cm inseam. In my case with the 40mm stem and a reverb... I feel perfectly positioned into the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by trailinger View Post
    @adrianomtb
    Great review! You are writing that the Rune is a great climber even though you are using a 170mm. Does that mean in your opinion you don't have to use a fork you can travel? I'm asking cause i wanted to install a 180mm fox talas but after your review i think about saving lots of pennies if i go for the lyric too...what do you think?
    IMO with this bike itīs not necesary to use forks with travel change BUT... for example, using a fox 180mm needs change the flipchips of the rear, in my case with 170mm fork and 65š degrees I think itīs too slack in fact... so with 180mm itīs very important to change the flipchips to the HIGH position.

So from my perspective avoid the the talas purchase... and go to a fox van 180mm if you want a brutal enduro bike or to my lyrik... itīs really good and stiff enough... Iīm running 170mm coil fork!

Quote Originally Posted by razorjack View Post
    Did you mean 66 to 65deg and even LESS with 170mm fork ?
    Exactly... you know what I meant.... itīs even LESS!

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Thanks for these words NoStyle... Hope to see at the Mega next 2013?
    Woah yes, that would be great!
    Maybe we all should organize a Banshee-Rider-Family-Meeting for one of those Races next Year. And hopefully Keith, Jay, Jon and all the other good Guys at Banshee would have the possibility to join us, too. That would be awesome - imagine dozens of Rune-, Spitfire- or Prime-Riders banging down the Trails and sharing the good Times together

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Woah yes, that would be great!
    Maybe we all should organize a Banshee-Rider-Family-Meeting for one of those Races next Year. And hopefully Keith, Jay, Jon and all the other good Guys at Banshee would have the possibility to join us, too. That would be awesome - imagine dozens of Rune-, Spitfire- or Prime-Riders banging down the Trails and sharing the good Times together
    For me, next year will probably be Bikeattack, Caidom and the Trailmaster... I think it is a great idea

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I think we have to prepare 2 different meetings... the Canadian/American meeting and the European meeting...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks AdrianoMTB. On your pictures, I think the saddle is in the uphill position. It looks quite high, so mine would be higher for some cm. I think for me the XL fits more, but I will see, maybe I have the possibillity to test one Rune. Anybody here near Innsbruck?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks AdrianoMTB. On your pictures, I think the saddle is in the uphill position. It looks quite high, so mine would be higher for some cm. I think for me the XL fits more, but I will see, maybe I have the possibillity to test one Rune. Anybody here near Innsbruck?
    In my case, with 89cm inseam I think itīs normal get the seatpost too high. Iīve too much inseam for my 1,86cm so regarding the 47cm of top tube itīs normal.. if youīre taller and with more inseam... no doubts.. get an XL

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yes I am taller. 190cm and about 92cm inseam. So you also think XL?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yes I am taller. 190cm and about 92cm inseam. So you also think XL?
    For sure

mtbr member
    May 2009
    äh, no?
    I have exactly this size, and the Large fits perfectly with 40-50mm stem...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    äh, no?
    I have exactly this size, and the Large fits perfectly with 40-50mm stem...
    And I am 180cm and will go for Large.... I love long top tubes....

mtbr member
    May 2009
    yeah, of course personal taste will be important as well... but @ 190 with 93cm inseam, I have absolutely no doubts that the Large is right for me...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    pedro, regarding BOS stuffs, do you use needle bearing kit? Im gonna get only one for BOS kit.

Do you have any idea what kind of needle bearing I do need to get for other end of the shock? in the case Im receiving 170mm deville and vipR

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zupaphil View Post
    Hi Pedro,

I ordered the same frame and have the same fork.
    Could you say me how the vipīr shock is in comparison to the fox float ctd?
    And how much is the weight of your nice bike?

Cheers!
    Hello zupaphil,
    I haven't tested the bike with the float ctd, but with the vip'r the bike pedal very well. When you go down the bike is stable and have a good grip. The shock is not very sensitive, but it is new.

The bike weighs 15kg200, I'd like to lose 400 to 500g by changing some parts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasis View Post
    pedro, regarding BOS stuffs, do you use needle bearing kit? Im gonna get only one for BOS kit.

Do you have any idea what kind of needle bearing I do need to get for other end of the shock? in the case Im receiving 170mm deville and vipR
    I don't have needle bearing on my shock. It's maybe a good idea if you want a very sensitive shock. If you buy your suspensions to BOS you only have to says it's for a Rune v2 and they will give you the good bearing sizes (40x8mm shaft end and 25,4x8mm reservoir end)

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hey all, first post here!

I am currently putting together a kit of parts for a Rune V2 which I will hopefully have in the not too distance future!

I have worked out almost everything (mainly thanks to this thread) but just want to be certain on the front mech.

Is it bottom pull? I have found that its spec 3 direct mount, but just wasnt 100% on top or bottom pull?

(had a link but cant post it!)

Enjoyed reading this thread. More pics would be good!

Thanks
    Pete

mtbr member
    May 2009
    yes, it is... the cable comes from underneath the BB...

mtbr member

Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast