mtbr member

New question here. Banshee Rune V1 fork choice

ok...thanks for all the feedback on rear shocks...
    now I need feedback on front forks for the Rune V1.5.

I want to keep it lighter...so I'm looking for an air fork with 20mm axle.

Minimum travel 160mm...max travel 180mm.

or is 180mm too much for the 150mm rear?

suggestions are appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If your calling x-fusion anyway, then I'd suggest the Vengeance set to 160mm.

(the rune V1 works best with a 160mm fork).
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member

fork

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    If your calling x-fusion anyway, then I'd suggest the Vengeance set to 160mm.

(the rune V1 works best with a 160mm fork).
    I was thinking of a fox talas 180mm with the 140mm travel adjust. I like the ability to drop on long climbs.
    Is this completely out of the question in terms of performance?

If so, I'll likely focus on the 160mm offerings from X fusion, Fox...etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've heard countless time from customer who bought travel adjust forks, and don't feel the need for it on the rune due to the high antisquat... personally I would stick with 160mm constant.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I had a fox 36 can with the 160 with a zero stack headset. Ended up changing for a Marzo 66 ETA (old school, from 2006, 170mm travel, Italian marzo reliability and smoothness).
    The ETA works for me, but I notice if I drop the front too much, the geometry gets weird.
    I had no need for travel adjust, the fork just happens to have it. I try to lower it around 20-30mm, more than that and it starts to get weird. I only drop the front on smooth climbs, if it is techy I leave the fork open and fully extended.
    Note that my frame is a V1 also.

More recently I installed a 2 degree works angle headset, and now drop the front a little more (30-40mm??). The slacker head angle gave new life to the bike. Unfortunately, with the prime, rune will be mostly sidelined... Even considering changing the rune for a big bike (scythe style, true dh is overkill) or just sell it and enjoy the prime (and get a bmx or street bike, it has long been postponed)

mtbr member
    So what's the ha with the angle set?
    Is works the brand?

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Works Components - Angle Headsets to fit Most Frame Types & CNC Bicycle Components Proudly Made in the UK

Rune v1, marzo 66 light eta 2006 (170mm travel), works -2 headset is the set up. My current head angle is 65,5. That is the rune v2 in the normal setting, so, not that super steep.

The advantage of the headset is that it also steepens the seat angle, lowers the bb a bit. It kinda makes my v1 somewhere between the v1.5 and the v2.