mtbr member
    Jul 2004

banshee rune fork

I'm considering the Banshee RUNE frameset and I need a fork too.
    i was thinking about '09 fox 36 rc2, either a talas or a float.

how does the rune feel while lowering the travel with a talas fork? is it too weird to pedal like that ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have ran my Rune with a Pike and also now with a 55; it definitely rides better with a 160mm fork overall. I have wound it down to 120mm and locked it out; it climbs tech stuff really well like this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I would strongly recommend the Rock Shox Lyrik coil u-turn: Great fork. I rarely wind the travel down, but when I have done it climbs very very well.

mtbr member
    mine is geared with 2008 FOX 36 VAN r ,no fringles solid performances. With L frame I climb steep & tech sections at 160 without feeling the need for lower bars.
    Now you have the choice for 1.5" steerer for the RC2. Great stuff.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I just went from an 08 TALAS to a 09 Vanilla, both 36 RC2. The Vanilla is much more plush and is 1.5. I never really used the travel adjust. The Rune, just like the Covert that the TALAS was on before rides better at 6".
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    i just ordered my rune frame (black med w/ dhx air), I currently have an '08 66 ATA, i'm planning on put it on the rune (and lower the travel from 180) until I sell that fork.
    how will the rune perform with such a fork ?

mtbr member
    If you set it at 160mm i believe the a2c would be very similar to that of fox´s 36. It will be heavier but performance wise it would be on par with the 36 if not better (that if your´s doesnt´have any of the common problems on the 66 ATA)... many would differ with my opinion on performance though.

For what is worth, i will put a 66 rc2x (170) on my Rune once I receive it. It will be heavier then the 36. I come from a 40lbs 6 inch bike so I really don´t care about weight. Depending on how the handling goes with 170mm maybe i´ll switch to a van 36 or a Lyrick.

Anyways, give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm running a Manitou Nixon 160, and I have a feeling it has a higher a2c than the 66...I know if has a higher a2c than the totem, because my bike is about the same height as my buddies rune with a totem, and I have low ride bars and low stack height. with that said, it's fantastic.

all in all though, i am thinking about switching to the 36 float r - good price, weight, stiff, lower fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    do you think that the weight penalty of the 08 66 ATA (about 700gr over the 36 float rc2) is really noticeable? (on the uphills)
    Last edited by bsphere; 11-07-2008 at 04:29 PM.

The Mountain Bike Life
    I would like to run a Totem Solo air tuned down to 120mm...I think it would be the perfect fork for it.

mjw
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    totem at 120 is going to give you a very very low bb, and a really steep HTA..

I think that would mess the bike up quite a bit.

mtbr member
    Hi, happy owners of Rune! I don't want to start new thread and will ask in this. I know some of you used on yours rune Manitou Nixon fork. All i want to know is the A2C length and torsional stiffnes with 8inch rotor.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I used to have an Marz AM 1 with ETA and I used it that quite a bit. It was good for climbing but now I am running an 08 Van RC2 and I kinda miss the travel adj for climbing. Both forks have their good and bad points.

One thing I have noticed is how high my front end rides compared to my old Sherman DC i had on my Chaparral. Even though it it was an inch more of travel it felt like it rode lower than my 6inch Marz. Gotta give credit to Manitou and their a2c height.

meow, meow.
    Magura Wotan would be very appropriate, very... conceptual. Especially with a black Rune.