mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Banshee Legend MK2 minor issues

Hey, I am running the legend mk2 in the third season (2 seasons on a medium, this season on a large one) and felt quiet happy with it. I have tested the rides of my friends and this weekend I could throw a leg over a mondraker summum 13 in large with the forward geometry.

I have tuned my rc4 myself, donīt want to go to deep in detail, disasembled the bv, shimstack matching the caracteristics of the legend ...

Compared to the summum a lot of hits and feedback to the pedals became obvious when running a firm shimstack having the hsc properly adjusted. I had to run very low hsc and needed to dial in lots of lsc instead to get a working set-up. With the low hsc the rear suspension did not work as lively and did wobble a bit in my opinion.

I do think that the Legend does have to much pedal feedback (and yes, I am running a 38t chainring), on fast and rough sections I sometimes lost the pedals as the hits to the pedals have beaten my feets of them and it was more physical than on the summum.

Second thing I noticed was that the frame does understeer somehow. I have had a tr450 before, have been on summums, aurums, demos al set up with 63-64 degree head angle. Only on the Turner dhr I had the same feeling, has anyone experienced the same on the legend?

I like the frames looks and banshee as a brand but somehow since testing the summum of my friend I can express what might be improved on my ride or an upcoming mk3... keith, what do you think? less pedal feedback, slacker head angle and longer front end, I mean the summum had a 126cm wheelbase and did not feel like a tank as it was quiet light...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    got the issues with the feedback solved, man it was my own fault. schould have measured the shimms, had a to firm one in the set-up... sorry keith

still to solve: the bit of understeering