Thread: Which Banshee?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Which Banshee?

I'm looking at either a Spitfire or a Rune just wondered really which would suit my weight rather than riding style. I'm 16 stone and like to ride a bit of everything apart from big drops and mad jumps - I'm 40ish and afraid of major injury.

I really like the idea of the Spitfire but if I need a Rune so be it. Also what fork could I use on the Spitfire would a 150 or 160 be ok I know it would be a 160 fork on the Rune.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Ash
    Just want to be free

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Which Banshee?

At your weight, the strength of either frame should more than enough. I'm 245 ponds (17.5 stone) and my Prime has held up to more than a year's worth of abuse. Durability shouldn't be an issue for you.

mtbr member
    Ive run my spitfire with a 150mm revelation and a 160mm fox 34 I much prefer the 160mm fork on it weightwise either bike would be fine . I use my spitfire for everything as its my only bike and im the only limiting factor really in its capability. Im 38 ,im also scared of injury but im off the bike at the moment for 3 months as I snapped my wrist trying something beyond my capability so now im even more scared of injury as work wont be so understanding next time

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Welcome to here :-)

I'm 15 1/2 stone and have a rune and believe me it is very good, I've been beating all my atrava times I set on my Rocky Mountain. The spitfire will be a better trail bike but the rune is far better for the downhills. It also climbs very well but I do wonder how well the spitfire climbs.