mtbr member
    May 2010

Aussie Distributor no more

Tried contacting Banshee direct - no one home, to busy riding Primes.
    Sad to hear Darren at Barspin Imports has moved on and there is now no dealer in Australia. It's a shame he was a helpful bloke.

Question is there were two proto Prime frames coming down here for testing, and Darren was going to tee up a ride for me. Riding both a spitfire and a paradox, I was keen to see what happens when you interbred the two and come up with a Prime.

Hey Keith and Jay , I know we are a small island in the South Pacific, but we are the home of the World 24hour MTB champion, a Down hill champion, a bloke who is pretty good at 4X and some road rider called Cadel. It is not a big market down here for smaller brands, mainly because import duty kills the distributor. But don't forget there are a few still flying the flag and spreading the world, including a crazy single speed paradox rider. (not me)

So how about sending a Medium Prime Down here, plenty of people keen to test and provide feed here.

For parts and spares will Jensons or any other dealer beable to now ship to Australia.

Cheers
    Hardtails are for the road, Full Sus is for the dirt. Guess what...PARADOX... Its wrong that a Hardtail can be this much..FUN

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah,

It was a real shame to loose Darren, he was a top bloke and I liked working with him, but as he explained, it is just difficult for small distributors to compete with the big brands in Australia. We will still be selling to Australia, but will be selling direct for the time being.

You say that you tried to contact us, can I ask what email address you emailed? Our server went mental and our info@bansheebikes.com email address blocked us out for a long time for no understandable reason (password just reset itself without warning or explaination). We have just recently managed to get it up ad running again.

There are 2 primes going to Australia that I can see on our test list, we have not forgotten the Aussie market. feel free to email me keith@bansheebikes.com if you have any further questions.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Sad news about Barspin. Darren was nothing but helpful when I bought a Viento frame through him a while back, and even more helpful when it got stolen. When I first bought it I had a shortlist of three frames I was interested in. Never heard back from my enquiries from one importer, and had swapped over a dozen emails with Darren before I heard back from the other. Good customer service goes a long way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Really sucks for us NZers. Now have to order every banshee part from bikebling in the US

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Or Banshee directly....
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog