mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Any Spitfire riders have time on a Mojo HD

Posting this the other way on the Ibis forum. Been riding a Spitfire for over 2 years and I love it but my 7" travel bike is now 12 years old and about time to retire and I'm thinking I'd rather have one bike going forward than 2 to maintain so thinking about the Mojo HD 140 and buy the limbo chips plus longer shock for DH adventures (I don't race anymore so it's light DH). Does the Mojo HD 140 climb as well as the Spitfire? Looks to be about the same weight but stiffer.

BTW, I like my Spitty in the Steep setting, didn't care much for the slack setting so angles are likely more comparable to the Mojo HD for me.

mtbr member
    I have spent some time on an HD (it had a DHX Air shock, so take from that what you will), and honestly wasn't super impressed with its climbing. I also found the TT to be pretty cramped for an XL, about 1 inch shorter than the Spitfire. If you are of shorter stature then I'm sure that you will find an HD to fit.
    My friend who owns said bike did swap out to an RP23 and said it made a big difference, but he is still planning on selling it to go with a bike that is longer and more 'current' in its geometry (slacker HA, steeper SA).

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Kinda related (or maybe not?) but I went from an 08 Rune to a '12 HD 160 last fall and the HD a much better climber. The Rune was 35lbs compared to the 29lb HD

It is substantially stiffer than my Rune was but I was also experiencing some wear in the pivot so that might be part of the problem.

I am not a fan of the RP23 as I cannot seem to set it suit my needs and am shopping around for a new shock.

Like Martin said, they do fit small. I am on a medium but probably should be on a large

I doubt you would be disappointed with an HD. And if you do go with a 140, i have the 160 links and limbo chips available for sale (shameless plug)

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar-man View Post
    Kinda related (or maybe not?) but I went from an 08 Rune to a '12 HD 160 last fall and the HD a much better climber. The Rune was 35lbs compared to the 29lb HD

It is substantially stiffer than my Rune was but I was also experiencing some wear in the pivot so that might be part of the problem.

I am not a fan of the RP23 as I cannot seem to set it suit my needs and am shopping around for a new shock.

Like Martin said, they do fit small. I am on a medium but probably should be on a large

I doubt you would be disappointed with an HD. And if you do go with a 140, i have the 160 links and limbo chips available for sale (shameless plug)
    I'm also not a fan of the RP23, my Spitty has a Push'd Monarch which is much better. As far as sizing I'm on a small Spitty which is 22" TT and 43.4 WB, looking at the Mojo HD the small also has a 22.1" TT and a 43" WB (which will be slightly longer with an angleset to make the HA 67.5 so it's closer to the Spitty). The medium Spitty was way too long for me with the 45" WB and 23" TT, even with a 50mm stem. The numbers of the Mojo HD 140 small with an angleset look to be the same as a Small Spitty in the steep setting.