Spin-stabilized

Any issues with new dropouts?

Thinking about finally getting a rune or spitfire (V2s). Anybody have any longish term thrash tests on these bikes. I'm specifically wondering about the replaceable dropouts. How reliable are they? Any creaking, play or loosening issues?
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    Damn SOLID & porkyweight...no creaks in my case. (not v2 tho)

Hard funkinī Kraut
    I rode a medium V2 Spitfire from early February till late April. During this Period mostly all Rides were in wet or very muddy Conditions. There were absolutely no Issues with the Frame at all. Bearings and Shock-Bushings -> Fine. All Bolts still in Torque -> Fine. Dropouts and Flip-Chips -> Fine and at least all other Parts too!
    Switched to a large Frame from then untill now and itīs just the Same - > absolutely no Issues, regardless of Mud or Dust! Had both 26 and 650B Dropouts which simply do their Job after being installed. So is the Rear-Axle. I have the First-Generation-Dropouts without the revised Hanger and Reliefs. The new ones do have both and should do the Job even better.

Received my Frame in December and had a lot Issues to get together the ordered Parts. Apart from this the Bike has been troublefree and I canīt imagine what could happen to damage the Frame. Changing Bearings after this or the next Season is a cheap and simple Fix.

My Spitfire is flawless in every Sense, like my old Wildcard. Nothing got loose or noisy, so Iīm personally very impressed again about the Value/Money-Ratio and overall Quality Banshee offers! Not to mention how great this Bikes overall rides, the Top-Notch KS-Link-Suspension, awesome Geometry and the Plenty of Fun it gives me!! Every one who rode mine is seriously Thinking of getting one!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Solid, expensive, idiotproof, heavy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    FWIW my V2 Spitfire frame & dropouts have been perfect for a year of hard riding, both in dry and wet including bike park. I've swapped the dropout settings a few times. No creaks. KS link stuff is still super smooth. I just now replaced one of the Fox reducer bushings as there was a tiny bit of play, to be expected after a year.
    Good recovery from Banshee.

Spin-stabilized
    Ah, glad to hear. Time to figure out how to get a demo. Thanks for all the input!
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    Just adding to the above. Mine has been fantastic and completely trouble free for the last 7 months. Lots of wet and dusty rides, plenty of big jumps, and fast rough stuff in Pisgah. Zero issues with pivots, dropouts, things coming loose. Banshee have taken what was great about the V1, which I also had and loved in spite of the bushing issues, and perfected it. The geometry is just so good, the KS link is a big step up in terms of suspension performance, and overall its such a fun rig. The frame is heavier than its competition, but it pedals very well and I've had no problems keeping up with my buddies whose bikes are lighter. There are other bikes I'd love to ride, but none that I want more than what I'm on now. If banshee made a carbon frame, that would probably force me to scrape together the cash to get it...carbon spitfire = perfect bike if you ask me.

TR
    Angry bunny
    I must be doing something wrong as the dropouts and hanger on my Prime have come loose twice in maybe 10 rides.
    Blue Loctite will be used one all of them this week.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Hmmm ... I have put some blue Loctide on all Bolts, check them frequently and nothing is coming loose. If so, it would be an easy Fix.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bailout View Post
    Thinking about finally getting a rune or spitfire (V2s). Anybody have any longish term thrash tests on these bikes. I'm specifically wondering about the replaceable dropouts. How reliable are they? Any creaking, play or loosening issues?
    I took an impact directly to the derailleur bracket axle (1" link between the hanger and the rest of the derailleur) on my XT-M786 RD (Rune V2), and the bracket axle bent. Der hanger was fine (beefy SOB), and the rest of the derailleur was fine.

No loosening, no play in lots of hard SW US riding since April.