Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    mtbr member
    Talkin about '18 what I'd really like to see from banshee is a 29+ like the STACHE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Yeah, but what amount of drop does that have, 150mm? You can very safely now go for 250mm when that gets released Honestly, I've never had stand over issues on my Banshee FS bikes, my XL has enough stand over clearance that people 5'8" were test riding it without issue, now the Paradox on the other hand, that could have done with more room.
    Paradox is pretty damned bad and the seat tube is longer than it needed to be!

Planning on replacing mine soon. So many better suited HT frames out there with a long reach now.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

MTB B'dos
    Yes, I think they realise that there was lots to do to it if it was to stay viable, hence none for 2017, maybe a return in 2018, if not 2019 with some serious tweaks
    Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    Talkin about '18 what I'd really like to see from banshee is a 29+ like the STACHE
    I will give that the Reach is a bit on the shorter side these days, it's about as short as I can go and I'm only 6'2" on the XL and definitely the jewel clearance even with my 35.25" inseam is quite clearance. I think Reach measurements to mirror the Phantom or Prime, an inch off the ST length and hence more stand over and a slightly slacker HTA to 67 static with a 120mm fork, would bring this right back up to where it was when it was basically one of only a couple HTs with much more forward thinking geo than most of the time. Still loving mine converted to a PLUS machine - was running full B+ F&R , but recently switched to a 29x2.5" DHF up front and liking that even more, would really like Maxxis to release a 29x2.6" Rekon
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Paradox is pretty damned bad and the seat tube is longer than it needed to be!
    Planning on replacing mine soon. So many better suited HT frames out there with a long reach now.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

I Got yer Activity Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    No picks, but think the ones posted earlier in the thread were XLs, just with shorter ST, they may not look it. The big question is, is yours the pre-production version or the first production version? If it's the first production version all you'll gain is 7mm in Reach, but you'll also gain a 1.3" shorter ST so you could run a longer dropper post. If it's the PP version, then you'll gain just about 10mm Reach, the 1.3" shorter ST and a major weight drop of about 1.5-2lbs on the frame.
    Curious how tall you are and what inseam? Long femurs?
    I'm on a production 2013 model. I'm a little better than 6'2", longish in the torso and less so in regards to legs. And long arms. My 2013 Prime is the biggest bike I've ever owned and it's been a godsend in that area, but apparently I'm a bit freakish in I always feel better one solid size up from general sizing guidelines on any bike. And unlike any normal person of my height, I really would like a little more ETT than what I have now. And yet Rideverything is 6'4" and has done it all on his 2013 with no complaints about size.

I have no issues with seat post length one way or the other. With my dropper collar all the way down, I can get all the way behind the seat and buzz my butt on the tire (not that I ever need to in TX). So shorter is not really needed.

I have crunched numbers on the gen 1 / 2 / 3 Primes (along with other bikes) in excruciating detail. Based on the info I have, the 2016 gen 2 bikes gained 5mm / .2in in the entire front of the bike, and then another 5mm / .2in in 2017. The good news for me is that Works Components just released a headset that increases the reach / ETT by 5mm. So after careful consideration of this and of the other long travel 29ers, I ended up buying a 2016 XL frame. I can run the 150 dropouts, and for trips the mountains, a 160 fork and some offset shock bushings should give me geo aggressive enough to ride anything I have any business riding. With the Works headset, I will have enough ETT to be perfectly fine, if not ideal.

Frankly, I will be happy to have a spare Prime frame around. I will probably end up configuring the 2013 a little more to the XC side with a 140 fork, mid setting on the chips, and longer stem. And the 2016 set up bigger for the rougher trails around here, and trips to the mountains.
    2013 Banshee Prime, 6-speed

The Mountain Bike Life
    The Thomson comes with 125mm. Looking at either the 175 or 200mm Fall line for my next ride...whatever that may be.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    The Thomson comes with 125mm. Looking at either the 175 or 200mm Fall line for my next ride...whatever that may be.
    This is why we have made the seatube lengths slightly shorter, as more and more viable long travel droppers are coming on the market.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    This is why we have made the seatube lengths slightly shorter, as more and more viable long travel droppers are coming on the market.
    Looking forward to ride a Vecnum Moveloc 200 in my ordered Prime XL frame. I need about 270-280 mm of uninterrupted length in the seat tube - hopefully it will fit...

mtbr member
    I've got a '17 XL Prime and a 200mm 9point8 post. With my 34" inseam I'm going to have to reduce the travel on my post by 10 to 15mm (easy to do with 9point8, just have to order a kit). It seems that the the bend in the seat tube does limit the depth of the longer travel posts unfortunately.
    If you are of the longer legged tall folks you should be okay - 36"+.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
    I've got a '17 XL Prime and a 200mm 9point8 post. With my 34" inseam I'm going to have to reduce the travel on my post by 10 to 15mm (easy to do with 9point8, just have to order a kit). It seems that the the bend in the seat tube does limit the depth of the longer travel posts unfortunately.
    If you are of the longer legged tall folks you should be okay - 36"+.
    Could you please measure the uninterrupted length of the seat tube by measuring the total length a seatpost can be pushed into the frame?

And could you please post a photo of your frame? I've never seen a XL frame of a 2017 Prime!

mtbr member
    So it maxes out at 260mm insertion, which is less than what it looks like you need unfortunately.
    Started a new thread for 2017 builds, got a couple of pics there.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So it maxes out at 260mm insertion, which is less than what it looks like you need unfortunately.
    Started a new thread for 2017 builds, got a couple of pics there.
    Bad news for me... The seatpost is already here, I was on the wait list for 2 years. Keith posted 270 mm of uninterrupted length for 17' Prime a few pages before.

2017 Banshee bikes: News, rumours, speculation etc

mtbr member
    Well, if I really forced it in I can get another 5mm. I just would prefer to have a little leeway. Another 10mm would be nice for sure though. What saddle are you using? I know I could go with a lower profile saddle than what I am running and get another 10 to 15mm.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well, if I really forced it in I can get another 5mm. I just would prefer to have a little leeway. Another 10mm would be nice for sure though. What saddle are you using? I know I could go with a lower profile saddle than what I am running and get another 10 to 15mm.
    My seatpost is 30,9 mm outer diameter and I have to use a shim because of this, maybe I can get those additional 5 mm easier. I ride a Specialized Henge saddle.

mtbr member
    I would guess that you will be able to get the extra insertion you need with the smaller diameter post. I can slide in a 30.9 post and see how far down it goes. Won't be entirely accurate as I don't have a shim though.

Ed: Just checked, easily dropped down to 285mm without pushing down. You should be good!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I would guess that you will be able to get the extra insertion you need with the smaller diameter post. I can slide in a 30.9 post and see how far down it goes. Won't be entirely accurate as I don't have a shim though.

Ed: Just checked, easily dropped down to 285mm without pushing down. You should be good!
    Thank you very much! You saved my day!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeyras View Post
    As promised, some pics in daylight:

First ride today and it felt amazing.
    Sunshine, -3°C and frozen trails. Size Large ist a perfect fit with a 35mm Stem. (I am 1,79m with 83,5cm inseam). KS-Link works amazing; felt definitely not just like 140mm travel. Climbs well (way better than my old ride)

cheers
    Georg
    i ordered the same frame color too and cant wait to get it and move all my parts over to it. hopefully my red hubs and bits will match well with the ruby on the turquoise frame

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kanobee View Post
    i ordered the same frame color too and cant wait to get it and move all my parts over to it. hopefully my red hubs and bits will match well with the ruby on the turquoise frame
    Nice man. That's a sweet color. I can't wait to see more photos of the 2017s. Really interested in seeing the Yellow Runes and Orange Primes in the wild.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    those stickers would look good on the black frame also

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kanobee View Post
    Good choice. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Got to post a recent pic of mine. Switched to a Marzocchi 053 S3C2R on the back and exchanged my Spike riser for a race face sixc carbon bar (black/grey, since the turquoise option unfortunately didn't match the frame color). Maybe I'll get a F34 fit4 in the next weeks. Let's see if I can get it to sub 14kg.... (probably won't; more like 14.2...)

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    here we go. awesome weather and dry trails yesterday:

F34 is on the way...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeyras View Post
    here we go. awesome wether [/url]

F34 is on the way...
    HI there,what didn't you like on the RS Monarch shock?I'm waiting for an M sized the same colour as yours

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It's no t that the Monarch was bad, but it isn't outstanding either. The 3 LSC settings are not very distinct. Initial breakaway force is pretty high. Feels a bit sluggish sometimes
    The zocchi is more active / lively. Initial breakaway force is not really perceptible. Really good small bump sensitivity, but rides rather high in travel, good midstroke support. Lock out is quite firm.

Bought it on a whim, though. Turns out it was a good bet...

mtbr member
    I have a Monarch on 1 bike and a monarch plus debonair on another. The plus debonair is sooooo much nice.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Good review of the new Spitfire here (if you're on Facebook)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02595099799170

Interesting that they say there is some twist in the front triangle from the downtube. The Prime looks to have a bigger and more square profile DT so would resist this better. Wish they had reviewed the Prime instead, I'm torn between that and a 2017 Fuel!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davosaurusrex View Post

Interesting that they say there is some twist in the front triangle from the downtube. The Prime looks to have a bigger and more square profile DT so would resist this better. Wish they had reviewed the Prime instead, I'm torn between that and a 2017 Fuel!
    I ordered a M sized with a Monarch Plus RC3 to replace my Transition patrol ,hope it becomes below 13.5kg ( Pike,RF cranks,and lighter components then on that review)

26 for life.
    Soon...

It's got as far as the LBS. I just need time to get in there, but it's crazy time in the winery.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Honestly I believe they are mistaken about the twist. the new front triangles are stiffer than the old ones, and the spitfire was always one of the stiffest trail bikes going. I suspect it was the fork or tires causing this feeling as you should never ever feel a frame twisting, let alone a banshee!
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Probably Guy Kesteven's work, he doesn't half write some old bollocks. I remember him saying the DW Sultans had some frame flex in the front triangle, I had one and always thought it was rock solid.

Am I correct in saying the Prime has a bigger downtube than the Spitfire though?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The prime and rune do have bigger downtubes than the spitfire to cope with longer forks and expected loadings.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

MTB B'dos
    Most definitely, the TT on the Prime is nearly the same size as the DT on the Phantom (Spitty) and then the DT is proportionate to that. or at least from my recollection. Never heard of anyone complaining about any Banshee being anything but rock solid, even guys that are 230lbs>

Probably Guy Kesteven's work, he doesn't half write some old bollocks. I remember him saying the DW Sultans had some frame flex in the front triangle, I had one and always thought it was rock solid.

Am I correct in saying the Prime has a bigger downtube than the Spitfire though?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    honestly i believe they are mistaken about the twist. The new front triangles are stiffer than the old ones, and the spitfire was always one of the stiffest trail bikes going. I suspect it was the fork or tires causing this feeling as you should never ever feel a frame twisting, let alone a banshee!
    This!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithified View Post
    Nice man. That's a sweet color. I can't wait to see more photos of the 2017s. Really interested in seeing the Yellow Runes and Orange Primes in the wild.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    Interesting.... White crown and black lowers, not seen that done before.

I Got yer Activity Stream
    POW!! Nice.
    2013 Banshee Prime, 6-speed

mtbr member
    Ride any different than your old rune?

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    That looks sweet!! How do you like the Mattoc??

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gmx View Post
    That looks sweet!! How do you like the Mattoc??
    I love the Mattoc. I just installed an IRT in it, and it went from good to great.

26 for life.
    Very Soon...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiJohn View Post
    Very Soon...
    Much excite! Dang that is a looker. Awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Very Soon...

Can't wait to see it finished!!

26 for life.
    Built.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Nice one!

If I were you I would get rid of those red RS decals. The colours just don't match.

Either Stealth Decals, no Decals or perhaps turquoise or Ruby Decals in matching colours.

EDIT : according to Keith, Pantone codes are PMS320 for turquoise and PMS676 for Ruby

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Built.
    cant wait to get mine!! almost the exact some build too

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Le boing.

Not my bike, just happened across it.
    Leeloo the Rune - chainlinebikes's Bike Check - Vital MTB

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011