mtbr member
    Sep 2013

2016 Banshee Updates

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows when Banshee will be releasing the details for the frame updates and colours for the 2016 models? Maybe Keith might be able to give an indication. There are a couple of bike websites already talking about it so I'm guessing the information must be getting released soon.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Info will be released when the bikes start shipping, so late summer sort of time.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am guessing everything released will make my 2013 Prime that much more antiquated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Will there be any frame sizing updates eg. incremental stack increases from small to large and longer reach figures?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm gonna hold out and see if there's gonna be any changes. I like my rune so much, I won't buy another trail bike without seeing what's in store!

Hopefully shomething shweet!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I am hoping for a burly full carbon rune with revised geometry for 650B only...
    untill that happens, I stick with my "old" Rune... now in ist 3rd season...

Oh, I've GOT bike money
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    I am guessing everything released will make my 2013 Prime that much more antiquated.
    As far as I'm concerned, the Prime is perfection - everything I ever wanted in a bike and nothing more. So I can't imagine what I would want them to change / improve. Ok, I guess the cable hold down's could be better...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    In my honest opinion the only really "useful" revision could be an updated geometry for 650B only on both Rune and Spitfire. This could mean regular 650B wheels (2.2-2.5) in short dropouts and B+ (-> 3.2?) with the slightly longer dropouts. If possible build one rear triangle with enough clearance for both B and B+, so the customer can decide which wheel size to go ...

I wouldnīt mind a slightly longer top tube and reach while slightly shorten seattube-length through each size ...

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I am hoping for a burly full carbon Spitfire with revised geometry for 650B only...
    untill that happens, I stick with my "old" Spitfire ... now in itīs 3rd season...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I never thought I would say this but the headtubes could also be a touch longer to avoid stacking spacers... everyone seems to go towards higher cockpits anyways...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    right, at least on the L and XL (I have a 1" spacer on my XL Spitfire)

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    I never thought I would say this but the headtubes could also be a touch longer to avoid stacking spacers... everyone seems to go towards higher cockpits anyways...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I wouldn't mind dedicated geometry (no dropouts) and shorter chainstays. Kona has a pretty dialed geo right now. I ride a kona carbon operator for my dh and I love it. I test rode a 153 process, and it felt just as could as my dh. Long reach/short chain stays, whip through the corners and jumps great!

mtbr member
    Update the Paradox to a 142x12 back end and a shorter seat tube!
    14 Banshee Paradox
    13 Banshee Rune
    T1 barcode

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    In my honest opinion the only really "useful" revision could be an updated geometry for 650B only on both Rune and Spitfire. This could mean regular 650B wheels (2.2-2.5) in short dropouts and B+ (-> 3.2?) with the slightly longer dropouts. If possible build one rear triangle with enough clearance for both B and B+, so the customer can decide which wheel size to go ...

I wouldnīt mind a slightly longer top tube and reach while slightly shorten seattube-length through each size ...

Yep, this.

ww.glowormlites.co.nz