Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2015 Spitfires coming in October

I decided to pull the trigger on a new Spitfire frame, but my dealer informed me that Banshee is sold out of 2014's. He said 2015's are due in late October, so I've got one on order. The next 2 months are going to be very agonizing...

Any news, rumors, or speculation about the 2015 model? From 2013 to 2014 the weight dropped slightly stealth dropper post cable port was added.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Good find! If that's accurate it looks like I will be getting a frame only and my own CCDB. The Spitty has room for a CCDB, it's marketed as the "downhiller's trail bike," and its main competitor, the Bronson, can be had with one.

The only reason I can think of to go with the inline over the DB is weight, and I'd venture to guess the average Spitty buyer is not a weight weenie. So I question the decision to drop the CCDB as an option.

mtbr member
    I would say if this source is correct that the reason would be mainly to make a big(ger) gap between Spitty and Rune. Still - the inline seems to be a very capable shock and I would bet that majority of new Spitty owners will choose that option. On the other side the no-shock option is a very very welcome option and hope it sticks around.

I am actually eager to see what Keith has cooked up for the next trail/enduro oriented Banshee - I would guess 650b dedicated, ~150 rear travel, modular (spitfire-ish) geometry, even slacker HT angle(s), maybe new design to shed some weight... Still I do not think we'll be seeing that bike on the market before end of 2015.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    A 650B-specific Geometry for the Rune and Spitfire, which means a slightly adjustment from the current, would be welcome in the future. But I personally would not go up in Travel. The Spitfire´s 140mm KS-Link is more than enough and, thanks to the unique geometry, more capable overall than many competitors. Please keep the Spitfire the aggressive shorttravel-trailbike that it is ... !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    I personally would not go up in Travel. The Spitfire´s 140mm KS-Link is more than enough and, thanks to the unique geometry, more capable overall than many competitors. Please keep the Spitfire the aggressive shorttravel-trailbike that it is ... !
    amen...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Heck yes. Please don't follow the trends and just take a degree off the head angle, add a longer top tube and call it upgraded.

I'd like to see the spitty be redesigned to be able to rock 650b with a 730mm chain stay or even less with tire clearance and that's it.

mtbr member
    ^^ 28.7" chainstays? That would be difficult to ride! :0 I think you meant 430mm = 16.9" and yeah, I would say that is LONG overdue for the Spitty (yet keep the same longish wheelbase). As for travel, I'm not complaining about the extra 10mm on my Bronson, I can assure you. I think Keith needs to commit to the 650b platform so the chainstays don't "lengthen" like the current two-wheel size version does with the bigger wheels. A carbon version to shed a pound or two would be a wise move too. Then I'd consider coming back.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    ^^ 28.7" chainstays? That would be difficult to ride! :0 I think you meant 430mm = 16.9" and yeah, I would say that is LONG overdue for the Spitty (yet keep the same longish wheelbase). As for travel, I'm not complaining about the extra 10mm on my Bronson, I can assure you. I think Keith needs to commit to the 650b platform so the chainstays don't "lengthen" like the current two-wheel size version does with the bigger wheels. A carbon version to shed a pound or two would be a wise move too. Then I'd consider coming back.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    The Bronson chainstays are (according to official numbers), 0.02" shorter than the Spitfire with 27.5 dropouts in the neutral setting - I'm not saying shorter stays would be a bad thing, but even with the current 650b setup the bike is still plenty similar to other very popular 650b bikes. I do agree that a carbon spitfire would be sweet, but I anticipate the Spitfire staying as-is for quite some time (though with maybe some shorter stays) and Banshee introducing some sort of 150mm carbon bike that sits as a blend between the Rune and Spitfire.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    A 650B-specific Geometry for the Rune and Spitfire,
    In all seriousness, the only change I would want is for the 650b dropouts to be altered to add more BB drop versus the current ones.

The 650b wheels lets you have another 12mm of bb drop but keep the same bottom bracket height, the Banshee 650 drops don't do that, they just add 10mm to the chainstay length. If they added that drop then the geo of the Spitty and Rune would be exactly in line with a lot of the new bikes coming out this year that have been getting rave reviews.

Having said that, a Spitty with the current 650 dropouts but 26er wheels is very high on my list of frames to replace my Cotic come the new year, very high indeed. Just need to get a couple of demo rides.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Maybe I´m wrong, but if the 650b dropouts were designed to lower the BB than all angles would change as well = slacker?!? You too have to change the front-triangle as well. By the way - the Spitfires and Runes slack Headangle alone was way ahead to what a few competitors bring to the market right now! I´m not sure if I want a 65 deg HA on a Trailbike - and even more important - I would´t like the SA to be slacker! This is why I would only re-adjust the current geometry to fit the 650B wheels and forks, with same angles, reach, top-tube, but slightly lower BB and the shortish 26er-chainstay-length. This changes would still keep the Spitfire as the possibly most aggressive Trailbike on the market since 2010.

@Fix the Spade: I think you meant the opposite - 650Bs in 26 dropouts, isn't´t it?

@babyz: Nothing against Carbon. But why a 150mm travel bike between Spitfire and Rune? Seems pointless to me. If Banshee decides to go Carbon they better do it to the current Bikes ... ?

mtbr member
    @Fix the Spade: I think you meant the opposite - 650Bs in 26 dropouts, isn't´t it?
    No i definitely meant my 26er wheels in the 650b dropout, 44cm chain stays in the low setting for some nice stability at ludicrous speed (or what my brain registers as Ludicrous Speed). A -1.5 degree Works headset while I'm at it, long wheelbases are nice to ride.

Very true about the extra bb drop choppering out the bike though, I hadn't really thought of that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like Banshee's website has been updated with pics of the 2015 models. Decals slightly revised, the new colors are raw, black, and light aqua.

Check out the new color schemes on the Amp!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    2015 Spitfires coming in October-spitfire-mint-2015-1-1.jpg

2015 Spitfires coming in October-2015-spitfire-side-1-1.jpg

Mine can't come soon enough!

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Any news on these things? I have mine preordered!!
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Haven't heard anything... Still (im)patiently waiting on mine, which I was originally told would arrive end of August/early September...

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Last I heard was Nov 20th delivery.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321 View Post
    Last I heard was Nov 20th delivery.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Where did you hear this, directly from Banshee?

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    The retailer who said they got the info from the distributor.

mtbr member
    Was expecting mine in November. But was just told late next week depending on Customs
    FYI I'm in Australia

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    UK here. Spoke to the retailer I pre-ordered from earlier and they reckon a few days!

Now I'm just hoping my new wheels will be ready soon...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    There a link here that shows UK stock dates for different colours/sizes.
    Banshee Spitfire | Ison Distribution

Looks like Raws are coming last

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thingswelike View Post
    There a link here that shows UK stock dates for different colours/sizes.
    Banshee Spitfire | Ison Distribution

Looks like Raws are coming last
    December 31 according to that site?!?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Avaliability will depend on what distributors ordered from each production, shipping times, and demand... we have been busy shipping the latest MY15 production (second MY15) for last few weeks. We will keep getting them out of the door ASAP to get you what you want. I suggest that to avoid dissapointment you contact your distributor or dealer if there is a specific size and colour you want, to ensure that they bring one in and reserve it for you.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Sorry to hijack but I assume the same is true for the Phantom? I put a deposit down for an XL in black and was told sometime in October in Canada. Hoping this is true as I'm stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Avaliability will depend on what distributors ordered from each production, shipping times, and demand... we have been busy shipping the latest MY15 production (second MY15) for last few weeks. We will keep getting them out of the door ASAP to get you what you want. I suggest that to avoid dissapointment you contact your distributor or dealer if there is a specific size and colour you want, to ensure that they bring one in and reserve it for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast