Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Spitfire

510K views 3K replies 288 participants last post by  RS VR6 
#1 ·
What do we know so far?

Does it have bearings?
Adjustable geometry? Looks like there could be adjustable geo built into the dropouts.
Geo specs?

27.5" compatible dropouts as option

"Banshee Bikes 2013" by fakawi

#1,343 ·
Perhaps someone can help me, I'm trying to set up a KS Lev integra on my '14 spitfire,
However I'm
Having trouble with the cable actuation, if you don't already know the integra uses outer cable movement rather than inner cable. I can get it to actuate, but the outer cable doesn't seem to return properly, keeping the post activated and able to move freely.

Has anyone had any experience, and if so, how did you remedy it?

#1,344 ·
Got one on mine. It was trial and error to set it up as the post is very, very sensitive to having the correct tension on the cable housing.

Set it up as per the KS instructions (there is great video on YouTube) but don't trim the cable at the lever until you are absolutely sure it is working as it should - and even then leave it for some time before you trim it!

When I first set mine up it was working ok but if the housing moved for any reason it would stop working. I realised that there was not enough freedom of movement in the stealth hole in the frame so I filed it down a little on the inside with a small needle file. This helped a lot but after a while I started suffering from a common complaint, that of the post dropping its first inch of travel. I re routed and changed the cables and housing and tried again to no avail. Then recently I took another look and fiddled with the cable adjuster barrel on the l-shape noodle, loosened it off and it got rid of the problem. Now 3 months on and it is now working flawlessly.

So advice is this, read/watch the instructions very careful. Be patient. make minor adjustments. Have faith, it will work although it can be test of your patience!

#1,349 ·
Question for Keith:
I just got a new CC DBair XV for my Spitfire, since that seems to be the version that Trident is selling specifically for this frame. I figured that the extra volume version would be the best way to go since it is certainly easier to make a large air can smaller and more progressive than to make a small air can bigger and more linear feeling. The question is, do you recommend running any of the provided air can spacers in the XV can, and if so which one? Thanks in advance!

#1,357 ·
I was wondering if anyone has built their Spitfire on the "less-burly" side?
I've been looking at 130-140mm travel bikes like the SC 5010 and the Norco Sight, but I kinda like the looks and versatility of the Spitfire more, but realistically, for the type of riding I do/can do, I don't need something like a "mini-DH" or "super-enduro-all-mountian" setup with 150+ mm of travel.
Would throwing a "light" (RS Rev. for example) 140mm fork on a Spitfire be total sacrilege?

#1,359 ·
In would stepen the bike and lower the BB. I dont really see the point? Having a 150 mm fork or a 140 mm fork is hardly noticable when you talk about travle, the geometry change will however be something.

I ride my Spitfire with a 150 mm Pike, 650b wheels in the stepest setting on slow high-tech trails 95% of the time and I love it.

#1,372 ·
Dystopism: hm, don't know realy. Was expecting something around 13,5 kg tho and was also surprised when I weighed it. I used analogue scale, which may no be the most accurate one, but the pointer was a bit over 29lbs, around 13,2 kg. Will put it on some digital scale when I get he chance. Im pretty sure it's below 30lbs tho. Wheels are ARCH EX on hopes pro 2evo+ HD tubeless ofc, syntace vector handlebar, syntace 30mm megaforce stem, nc17 sudpin 3 pedals, XT breaks + rotors 180 and 203, other you can see on pic.

I gave it a spin around the street today and was realy stoked with the bike. Can't wait to go for a proper ride tomorow. I do have a bit of trouble fine tuning the deraillure. I can fine tune it to shift perfectly while in bike stand, but then shifts a bit poor when im on the bike.

#1,373 ·
I do have a bit of trouble fine tuning the deraillure. I can fine tune it to shift perfectly while in bike stand, but then shifts a bit poor when im on the bike.
I've had that with other bikes. Eventually worked out that it was the cable outer getting pulled into odd shapes during suspension compression and feeding too much/not enough slack to the mech. An adjustment of cable outer length cured it. If I remember correctly I had the issue because I had cut the outer too short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.