Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Spitfire

510K views 3K replies 288 participants last post by  RS VR6 
#1 ·
What do we know so far?

Does it have bearings?
Adjustable geometry? Looks like there could be adjustable geo built into the dropouts.
Geo specs?

27.5" compatible dropouts as option

"Banshee Bikes 2013" by fakawi

#739 ·
Sizing is very much based on personal Preference ...
I´m 180/181 cm Tall and switched from a M to a L Spitfire. M was really good, but the large is that little Tad better on long Days in the Saddle. I know some german Riders, all 172 or 173 cm Tall, all going with a medium Spitfire and shorter Stem.
Depends on how you like to sit on the Bike, as the Reach (Standing on Pedals and Body moving over the Bike) changes on every single Obstacle ...

#740 ·
I built my v2 (warranty upgrade from a v1)up yesterday and got a 15 mile ride on it today. Overall, I'm really happy with the bike so far...I like the geometry, the bike feels better the fast you push it, and it just feels much, much smoother than my v1. Assuming the pivot wear issues are all sorted out with this new design, I can see hanging on to this bike for a long while.

#747 ·
Here is my freshly built, 650b spitfire. Two short rides on it over the weekend as a shakedown and I'm very happy with it. I can't wait to get up to some proper trails in a weeks time! I spoke to the Gamut guys and sorted out that their p30 vpp guide will work, it fits and is working well so far.

Attachments

#748 ·
When I got my V1 Spitfire I had been testing a >12 kg Transition Bandit for some weeks and my 13,5 kg Spitty just pedalled so much better it was hard to believe it was much heavier.
I think people only know how well a Banshee pedals after trying one. Never tried the KS link though... :(

#753 ·
Uhhh yeah, I like that Stealth Black Ano - Damn!!! :arf:
But I´m keeping my 2013er large Spitfire, as it does a great Job and is incredible Fun to ride. And of course - unfortunately money´s a Factor, too ...

@ baramats, coocoomike, BillT and Aweather:
Wow, you Guys do have some killer Spitfire-Builds. :thumbsup:
Good to see a nice Mix-Up of 26ers and 650Bs!

@ Keith, Jay and Jon:
Are these the new revised 142x12 Dropouts? Any Info when they will be available?

Many Greetings
NoStyle

#760 ·
@sov thanks for the pic, that is exactly what I was looking for :)

Looks like there's enough space for dhx air in small frame, silly me of course because there's ccdb air option.

Still not 100% sure about picking up an S or M, but I'm gonna use my old 50mm stem and 780 bar from my current am bike. I am 173cm with quite long hand span (177cm).

Also anybody drilled 'stealth reverb' hole yet?

Cheers..

#766 ·
After three rides I have to say I'm impressed, I like it even more than the V1. But without doubt, the fast flowy downhills are where this bike truly shines, she's a ripper! As I'm not a fancy fork-setting-sensitive kind of person I don't really have much to say about the 55 other than it's been great! Nice and simple to set up, very little bobbing on the uphills, nice and sensitive, seems to match the rear Fox nicely on the downhills. Would recommend! Although it apparently doesn't with a tapered steerer, which limits your headset choice slightly.

#770 ·
Hi everyone new poster here.Wow some great looking examples . Ive just signed up to this forum after reading through this entire thread and deciding I should as found some really usefull info to help me with my current build. Im currently in the process of building my spitfire im just waiting on a couple of parts I should have it ready to ride by friday

Will post more pictures when im finished:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.