Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Spitfire

510K views 3K replies 288 participants last post by  RS VR6 
#1 ·
What do we know so far?

Does it have bearings?
Adjustable geometry? Looks like there could be adjustable geo built into the dropouts.
Geo specs?

27.5" compatible dropouts as option

"Banshee Bikes 2013" by fakawi

#726 ·
I think I have about the same measurements as you Sov. I'm 5'7 and around a 30/31" inseam.

On my V1 Spitfire I've always used a 50mm stem. Who makes the 45mm stem? I plan on swapping over all the current parts to the new frame, stem included (minus the shock and lower headset cup).

I guess it shouldn't be a big problem if the reach is only 23mm longer on the V2.

This is my only bike, so picking between tight trails or higher speed ones is sort of a moot point. I ride everything on this bike and pretty much through myself down the hills on it as if it were my downhill bike.

I guess if it comes down to it with the medium frame, I can always scoot my seat forward a bit and swap out the stem for a 40mm or 45mm one.

#727 ·
Now I have finally put my V2 together, what an awesome bike!

I really like the CCDB Air and how every small adjustment is noticeable :thumbsup:
The settings is 4 clicks of LSC and 3 clicks of LSR as I read in this thread, thanks for posting useful settings, works great!

As it is now with a 150 mm Revelation and the internal headset-cup it is a bit low, so I cannot run it in the lowest setting :( too much rock on my trails...
I plan on using a external lower cup for even more awesomness in the future.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

Weight is appr 13 kg with pedals according to my probably inaccurate scale

#735 ·
I had the same issue same guide, i cut a bit off the bottom curve of the boomerang vertically to just clear the bottom slider left side screws. Then i slotted out the bottom isg mount on the guide to clock it further anticlockwise but then the right hand allen screw doesnt align so i only use two screws to mount it. (hope that makes sense)
I was really annoyed as i didnt want to modify chain guide.
Anyway it does work ok except the chain rubs the top guide when in the 32&36 rear gear. Not ideal, it still only just clears bottom chain stay and chain still slaps that area because it is only millimeters away.
I recon the 34,36T guide would work ok?

#739 ·
Sizing is very much based on personal Preference ...
I´m 180/181 cm Tall and switched from a M to a L Spitfire. M was really good, but the large is that little Tad better on long Days in the Saddle. I know some german Riders, all 172 or 173 cm Tall, all going with a medium Spitfire and shorter Stem.
Depends on how you like to sit on the Bike, as the Reach (Standing on Pedals and Body moving over the Bike) changes on every single Obstacle ...

#740 ·
I built my v2 (warranty upgrade from a v1)up yesterday and got a 15 mile ride on it today. Overall, I'm really happy with the bike so far...I like the geometry, the bike feels better the fast you push it, and it just feels much, much smoother than my v1. Assuming the pivot wear issues are all sorted out with this new design, I can see hanging on to this bike for a long while.

#747 ·
Here is my freshly built, 650b spitfire. Two short rides on it over the weekend as a shakedown and I'm very happy with it. I can't wait to get up to some proper trails in a weeks time! I spoke to the Gamut guys and sorted out that their p30 vpp guide will work, it fits and is working well so far.

Attachments

#748 ·
When I got my V1 Spitfire I had been testing a >12 kg Transition Bandit for some weeks and my 13,5 kg Spitty just pedalled so much better it was hard to believe it was much heavier.
I think people only know how well a Banshee pedals after trying one. Never tried the KS link though... :(

#753 ·
Uhhh yeah, I like that Stealth Black Ano - Damn!!! :arf:
But I´m keeping my 2013er large Spitfire, as it does a great Job and is incredible Fun to ride. And of course - unfortunately money´s a Factor, too ...

@ baramats, coocoomike, BillT and Aweather:
Wow, you Guys do have some killer Spitfire-Builds. :thumbsup:
Good to see a nice Mix-Up of 26ers and 650Bs!

@ Keith, Jay and Jon:
Are these the new revised 142x12 Dropouts? Any Info when they will be available?

Many Greetings
NoStyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.