Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Don't do it!

When I got my Cotic this summer (with a Stoy as an upgrade), not only did BOS send the wrong weight spring, they'd fitted offset bushings. When I contacted R53 I found that they didn't deal with BOS anymore and had to go to BOS direct.

BOS could apparently not care less about having me as a customer. They weren't interested in swapping or even just taking back the spring and bushings, the only correct weight spring they had was used, but I couldn't have a discount, even used it was full price or nothing.

When it turned up not only was it used (visible wear, numbers/markings long gone), it was the wrong length and didn't fit the shock. So I called quits and got a Manitou spring.

On the phone to them the whole impression I got was that I was some kind of annoyance for daring to ask for what I had paid for, nevermind that the shock was nearly Ģ600. It's gone on Ebay since then, on a Monarch RT3 now and it's really not that much better on a short travel bike.

By contrast, I had great service from Magura this summer when the spring on my 2009, second hand Thors went pop.
    To quote Mike from Magura UK, "I've checked the serial numbers on your fork and that one came from a faulty batch, we've got a few spare springs so you can have one as a sort of good will type... thing,"
    I told them it was second hand, they still repaired it free (and I ended up buying a service anyway because I figured it could use some love).

So, I strongly advise against BOS, it isn't worth the hassle. I'm happy to recommend Magura though.
    Sorry to hear you had isues dealing with BOS.

One of my team mates runs BOS fork and shock and newer had any problems. He has had his fork rebuild for free a few times. His fork started out with a piggyback on the left side of the lowers (one of the first DH forks form BOS) and has rebuild to a RaRe idyle.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Woahhhh yeah Baby, my Spitfire has landed in Germany and is on itīs way

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    any idea when the US guys will be getting the replacement frames?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Woahhhh yeah Baby, my Spitfire has landed in Germany and is on itīs way
    You lucky dog and earlier than I expected

Mandatory pics and frame weight will be required or it didn't happen
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Don't do it!

When I got my Cotic this summer (with a Stoy as an upgrade), not only did BOS send the wrong weight spring, they'd fitted offset bushings. When I contacted R53 I found that they didn't deal with BOS anymore and had to go to BOS direct.

BOS could apparently not care less about having me as a customer. They weren't interested in swapping or even just taking back the spring and bushings, the only correct weight spring they had was used, but I couldn't have a discount, even used it was full price or nothing.

When it turned up not only was it used (visible wear, numbers/markings long gone), it was the wrong length and didn't fit the shock. So I called quits and got a Manitou spring.

On the phone to them the whole impression I got was that I was some kind of annoyance for daring to ask for what I had paid for, nevermind that the shock was nearly Ģ600. It's gone on Ebay since then, on a Monarch RT3 now and it's really not that much better on a short travel bike.

By contrast, I had great service from Magura this summer when the spring on my 2009, second hand Thors went pop.
    To quote Mike from Magura UK, "I've checked the serial numbers on your fork and that one came from a faulty batch, we've got a few spare springs so you can have one as a sort of good will type... thing,"
    I told them it was second hand, they still repaired it free (and I ended up buying a service anyway because I figured it could use some love).

So, I strongly advise against BOS, it isn't worth the hassle. I'm happy to recommend Magura though.
    You made mistake, sorry.

You should have contacted Mad Elk Cycles, it was nothing else than excellent!

I had long corresponence with them, they have trained in Bos facility. When they ordered rear shock to me from Bos, they had routine to go through things and found one fault on the shock and asked if they should ship the fork or I'd wait for both parts (fork and shock).

I have contacted to R53 before and they referred to Mad Elk cycles.

Good luck!

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    You lucky dog and earlier than I expected

Mandatory pics and frame weight will be required or it didn't happen
    Yes mate, earlier than I have expected, too!

Just 2 hours ago Bernhard, the german Distributor wrote via Email that the Frames have arrived today and mine is going out tomorrow.
    Of course Pictures and weight of an andodized black medium Spitfire will follow asap.

- Fortunately it seems that I am the one of the very few with additional 650B-Dropouts at the moment.
    - Unfortunately I have to wait for the CCDB which is coming with the next Batch in January. So maybe weight may vary a bit as Iīm not sure to get all required Shockmounts at the moment. I would like to measure with 142x12 Axle and all mounting Hardware to give real Numbers ...

To see things positive: Time to check the Spitfire with a DHX-Coil and Evolver in the meantime.
    The build-up can hopefully start the next week, as I have to wait for Fork and Angleset.

Really so damn excited ... I am waiting for a Bike like this for more than two Years now and slowly but surely a Dream comes to Reality!

Cheers everyone
    NoStyle

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am excited for you. I am really excited about my future build, I hope my plan to run a single ring upfront isn't to ambitious for my chubby body.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoomike View Post
    any idea when the US guys will be getting the replacement frames?
    I'm curious, too. Trident sports was saying first week of December for v2 upgrades. I'm not holding my breath, but hey, who knows. Anyone know when spitfire v2s will be available for north america? And is there enough for everybody?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    I suspect that you guys are only a few days away from receiving your orders ...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    NoStyle, did you placed pre-order to dealer or how did you do it so fast?

i had found new banshees on two german online-shops, so its looks like i can get it that way, and much faster. our russian dealer still keep the silense (((.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasis View Post
    Good luck!
    Don't need luck, got Rockshox...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    @ Logoffski
    I had placed my (Pre)-Order back in June, when the first Infos of the V2 Runes and Spitfires were seen here. At that Time the Distribution for Germany was not clear at all. Shortly after the Distribution was confirmed I got in Contact with them and ordered.
    So "fast" in my Case only means Receiving Delivery in December, not the originally stated January.

According the Online-Shops: Shops/Dealers can only sell what is available through the Distribution, who is dependent on the manufacturer! The new Banshees were online shortly after Eurobike back in September, but that only means Pre-Order. Shipment of the Frames is right now.

But: If buying online from a German Shop is faster than through your russian Dealer than I wouldnīt think too long and go for it.

Or: Get in Contact with the russian Distribution and check if they can help you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Don't need luck, got Rockshox...
    then I wish you good luck with Rockshox,

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I might be jumping the gun a bit, but will the v2 frames ship with a seatpost and collar similar to the V1's?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Do we know the production colour options? Black, raw, and something I'm sure. (On that note - I think it should be black OR raw, plus 2 colour options)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    When I placed my order for the upgrade, the guys from Banshee confirmed black, raw and red.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes mate, earlier than I have expected, too!

Just 2 hours ago Bernhard, the german Distributor wrote via Email that the Frames have arrived today and mine is going out tomorrow.

Really so damn excited ... I am waiting for a Bike like this for more than two Years now and slowly but surely a Dream comes to Reality!

Cheers everyone
    NoStyle
    NoStyle (is that really true BTW) and frame yet??????
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Uhmm, there might be a little missunderstanding? Maybe from me as Iīm no native speaker

As far as I know Banshee has developed the V2 Generation of Primes, Spitfires and Runes during the last two Years, if not longer.
    At the same Time my Riding changed towards "Trailriding", where my Wildcard has some compromises given to itīs initial Nature. So I was looking for an aggressive Bike, short(er) Travel but with DH-Geometry. The V1 Spitty was really close and shortly before I was pulling the Trigger to buy it, Iīve heard of the V2-Generation and their Features back in June - and ordered immediately.

So I am not waiting two Years for this particular Frame! But for a kind of Bike like this - the Downhilles XC-Bike - shorter Travel, aggressive Geometry and now versatile as hell with Geo-Adjustments and Wheelsize-Options. Thatīs one of a kind!

BTW: The Frame arrived yesterday and I will take some Pics asap. Unfortunately my Scale is damaged, so Weights will follow later ...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Spitfire quick & dirty Sneak-Peak.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    wow, looking good!!!

IM REALLY EXCITED NOW!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I cannot express in words how much I'm looking forward to seeing that built into a full bike.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    beautiful.......

mtbr member
    Very nice NS! Frame looks as least as capable as V1/1.5 Runes, but in a stiffer, overall better performing package. I have been going back and forth between the new Spitty and the Rune V2 myself as I seem to be more of a trail/AM rider these days, with a little harder riding (Enduro DH/aggro AM) come summer. The only thing holding me back on the Spitty is that I have two new'ish 8.5"x2.5" shocks laying around and no 7.875x2.25" of my liking except an old 2009 RP3 that came with first Rune (2008). So, most cost effective for me to go Rune V2 sans shock. But, man the Spitty looks to be a rippin' trail machine and more than likely more preferred ride of choice for most of the trail riding I do around here and even the whole Oregon Enduro Series here at home as well. Decision, decisions?
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    oh hell yeah

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Thank you, but most of all: Thank you Banshee!!! And thank you Bernhard from everyday26.de!!

I have to wait for some Parts, so the Build will be finished hopefully around Christmas.

New Parts will be BOS Deville 16 cm Fork, CC Angleset, SRAM X0 FD and the CCDB which comes later.
    Most Parts have to come from my Wildcard first, like Thomson Stem and Seatpost, Flite, Formula The Ones, full Shimano XT Drivetrain, Wheelset and Manitou Evolver, as long as the CCDB is on itīs way.
    So Colorsheme will be Black, White and Raw-Alu the most.
    Planned Parts in the Future will be hydraulic Seatpost (maybe X-Fusion Hilo SL), of course nice and light 650B-Wheelset for Allday-Riding and maybe upgrading to 2x10 Drivetrain.

Comparing the Spitfire to the Wildcard is somehow funny. The Rear-Triangle features almost the same Tubing-Dimensions (Ribbed Tubes). The Front Triangle is kind of filigree and I think Rune and Wildcard-Tubing are more similar in Dimensions. Fingersnapping the Tubes makes a nice and higher "klink"-Sound, so the Spitfire Tubes seems to have reasonable Wall Thickness to withstand serious Abuse!!! Welds and Forgings are nicely done.

Comparing Geometry is funny too. Toptubelength is closely the same, so is the Standover! The Spitfire has a remarkable longer Reach than the Wildcard - forward Geometry at itīs best.

But thats all Theory - looking forward to build up and ride that Beauty ...

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast