Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2124

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

Mr. Knowitall
    I regret not going XL at 185. Had to go 50mm stem after liking the 40mm stem handlig, but not the uprised position.

mtbr member
    just finished crankskin-ing the sh*t out of the frame.
    still waiting for the 42t OnUp cog & Hope M4's.

2013 Spitfire-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I've run the base tune on my ccdba for the past 6 months and love it but I can't help but feel it can get better if I start changing the settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because suspension setup is a true mystery to me.
    Ideally I love a more playful bike. I'm weighing in at 70kg/155lbs

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by steeeze View Post
    I've run the base tune on my ccdba for the past 6 months and love it but I can't help but feel it can get better if I start changing the settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because suspension setup is a true mystery to me.
    Ideally I love a more playful bike. I'm weighing in at 70kg/155lbs
    I have turned the HSR (high speed rebound) one full turn towards left (from base tune) => lively pop + giving my fork a faster rebound (2 clicks) as well. Seems to get the bike more lively on standard singletrack.
    Will slow it down again for more gnarley stuff/bikepark though..

mtbr member
    Agree with the above. For more pop, I'd back off HSR a quarter turn at a time until you are where you want to be. My understanding is that lighter people are effectively running a lighter spring, so need less rebound damping than heavier people running higher air pressures so the base tune could be on the damped side, esp if you like a lively ride.

The Cane Creek tuning guide really is a fantastic resource--it can guide you step by step on set up. If you take the time to re-ride a section a bunch of times and tinker you really can find something perfect for you. I (apparently) like very damped bikes cause I'm running a touch more of pretty much all the damping settings than the base tune. But I also weigh about 200 pounds and tend to skim over chunder rather than hop all over the place. Everyone likes a different feel which is what makes the CCDB so cool.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I finally turned on the climb switch on the db air, and the fell of the bike on quick burst of acceleration and sustained pedaling on flats and fire road is great and the bike doesn't zap the energy out of me any more.

Is there a way to get close to this efficiency in pedaling with the switch turned off?
    What i mean is, is there a way to get efficient pedaling without losing the plushness on brake bumps and quick hits?

I tend to forget to turn switches off when in race mind set, specially when really tired. I once gone down a race run with my talas in low position. which is why i tend to keep everything in the open position all the time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    This is me and my spitfire on the last climb of the Trans Savoie last week. It was the only Banshee there surprisingly. It was a work of art. The bike is so good on both the climbs and the descents.

2013 Spitfire-img_20140829_154701083_hdr.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zuman View Post
    Is there a way to get close to this efficiency in pedaling with the switch turned off? What i mean is, is there a way to get efficient pedaling without losing the plushness on brake bumps and quick hits?
    As with most things, I think it will be a compromise. You can't have DH plush and XC firm pedaling at the same time. You can see if you find a workable middle ground by playing with increased LSR and LSC but honestly, I'd just put a reminder on my stem about the climb switch and have the best of both worlds.

mtbr member
    v0.89

pictures do not do justice to this magnificent blue color...

still waiting for some parts, but this is basically it:

2013 Spitfire-dscn3130.jpg
    2013 Spitfire-dscn3132.jpg
    2013 Spitfire-dscn3133.jpg

Anyone else had trouble with inserting a 30,9x367 Thomson inline seatpost? Mine gets stuck at about half the length...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Manitou Mattoc on his way to me. I hope to receive the crown race before the week-end, or it will be a bad week-end. Fortunately I am totally free next week. So expect some, in bad english, reviews.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Here are some more action shots of me and my Spity, racing at national series last weekend. Started this year and I'm slowly advancing, finished this one at 22nd place. Still far away from top guys, but it's good enough for me(not realy ). 2 more to go this year.
    2013 Spitfire-sloendurokamnik-img_2873-683x1024.jpg2013 Spitfire-sloendurokamnik-img_3778-678x1024.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 Spitfire

A few pics after Mattoc installation. Now at 170mm sure too much, but I was not able to open the air spring...

Envoyť de mon iPhone ŗ l'aide de Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Ok quick question for everyone has anyone run both the Pikes and X-Fusion Sweeps on the Spitty? Reason I'm asking is I run Sweeps just now in 160mm but don't feel like the front tracks very well at speed in tight stuff and wanted to know if the Pikes are any better or if I'd be better maybe dropping travel to 150mm

mtbr member
    Any spitty owners know the rear tri (upper & lower stays) measurement in the event someone wished to do.....say a 35mm rim/ 26+ tire combo? 74-75mm would be optimum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateweevil View Post
    Ok quick question for everyone has anyone run both the Pikes and X-Fusion Sweeps on the Spitty? Reason I'm asking is I run Sweeps just now in 160mm but don't feel like the front tracks very well at speed in tight stuff and wanted to know if the Pikes are any better or if I'd be better maybe dropping travel to 150mm
    Haven't run the Pike, but I'm running a Marzocchi 350 CR now and it tracks loads better than the XFusion did. The XFusion isn't bad by any means, but the chassis on the 350 CR is a lot stiffer. Supposedly the Pike is a bit stiffer than the XFusion chassis as well. I assume you're asking about tracking in rough stuff at speed, and reducing the travel definitely won't help.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks babyz, I didn't think reducing the travel would help with the feeling that it doesn't track well but it was more that the x-fusions just seem to get knocked off their line much too easily.

What are the marz forks like in general when comparing them with the x-fusion?

Mr. Knowitall
    I am going to get a spare shock for my Spit, and I am considering the following options (cheapest to most expensive):
    Monarch Debonair (tune M)
    Monarch plus Debonair (tune M)
    Fox Float CTD kashima with AVA

I will use this shock when the DBAir CS is serviced and for XC type rides and races.

My wallet wants the Monarch and I want a AVA-Float. The RS Shocks can be serviced by myself, and Fox must be sent away.

Anyone with some first hand experience with any of these?
    Plushness
    Pedal efficiency
    Bottom out resistance

Thanks

smartass
    I just replaced my stock Float CTD garbage with an RS Monarch RT3 Debonair, and it's a night and day difference. I originally thought I might still send the Fox off to Avy for a tune, but I'm so happy with the Monarch I'm not going to bother. I run it full open, and it pedals great, while still feeling bottomless on the downs. For a "cheap" shock, I'm really impressed, and totally satisfied, with no desire to look for anything better.

But if you'd like to pick up a barely used Float CTD for cheap to send to Avy, drop me a line!

To expand on that a bit more, I run a Pike up front, and "balanced" is a great way to describe the bike now. With the Float, it was always harsh in order to prevent bottoming, which didn't match the fork. Not the case with the Monarch. I'm running 25psi less than in the Float, and I have bottomed it at least once, judging by the rubber band being pushed off the shaft, but I never felt it. Whereas the Float was a hard hit, and there was no doubt about when you hit bottom.

Heat and damping fade isn't an issue for me, since I don't have any long, sustained downhills, so I can't speak to that, but I imagine that's where the Monarch Plus would perform better.
    Last edited by amish_matt; 09-15-2014 at 06:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    The Monarch is an amazing shock. I put one one my norco range, replacing a fox rp23 and your right it is night and day difference. Recomend it as a worthwhile upgrade.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    2013 Spitfire-sep14-leadville3.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    2013 Spitfire-sep13-bc1.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Is anyone running the new Fox 36s on their Spitty yet and can let us know what they're like?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateweevil View Post
    Thanks babyz, I didn't think reducing the travel would help with the feeling that it doesn't track well but it was more that the x-fusions just seem to get knocked off their line much too easily.

What are the marz forks like in general when comparing them with the x-fusion?
    i've posted about them in a few other places around MTBR, but in general, i think they're superior in just about every way. the xfusion is a bit lighter, but 350 is super beefy. the 350's AER air spring is more sensitive to air pressure and a bit difficult to tune at the outset, but i finally have it sorted and love it. the 350 takes a bit longer than the xfusion to break in, but is mega plush and seems much more controlled over repeated hits, especially square edged ones. i want to look into bumping up the HSC on the 350 just a bit, but its quite good as it is. the fork is just generally more confidence inspiring, and i have noticed less hand fatigue on long descents.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    May 2011
    So, now that Iíve had the Spitty for a little while, Iím keen to play a bit with the set up a bit.
    I was thinking of putting a -2 degree H/A reducer cup in there, and running the bike in itís High setting, therefore shortening the CS.

What I canít quite figure out, is whether the H/A cup will drop the BB at all and what this change will do to the overall wheelbase?

Iím using 650b wheels, with a 160mm Marzocchi 350 (think itís the same A2C as the Pike)

smartass
    What rear tire are you running? I've read a lot of people run the 26" dropouts with 650b wheels and have clearance for all but the biggest tires. Might be an easier way to tighten up the rear end.

Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast